[Q & A] [RESOLVED] MI Unlock Tool cannot detect phone

[ Promote]
21014 31 |
04:42, Aug-27-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by hexerus at 10:06, Aug-28-2017

Issue Resolved. See post #6 for solution.

Hi guys, I have Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm Global variant with MIUI Global 8.5 | Stable 8.5.4.0 (NCFMIED). I want to unlock the bootloader but MI Unlock Tool (v2.3.803.10) cannot recognize the phone (connected in fastboot mode). I have gotten the permission to unlock. I'm running Win 10 x64 Creator's Update build 15063.
I've tried v2.2 of the tool and encountered same problem. Tried multiple drivers, plugging phone in/out. Running "fastboot devices" command shows the device is connected. Tried installing Mi Driver that come with the tool, its setup says it's installed but the unlock tool says it isn't. Really confused right now.
Any suggestion appreciated.

Favorite10 Share

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 10:01, Aug-28-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by hexerus at 10:03, Aug-28-2017

I finally resolved the issue. Here's a short guide of how I did it.
Note: I have Mi Unlock tool version 2.3.803.10 (latest as of now). I'm on Windows 10 x64 build 15063.

1. Extract the zipped archive of MI Unlock tool to the root of your system drive, like C:\any_folder. I extracted it to C:\unlock, so the path of the tool's executable became "C:\unlock\miflash_unlock.exe"

2. Run MiUsbDriver.exe from the folder with as administrator and click "Install". Make sure it says "Driver installed" after that. If it already says that, hit install again just to make sure. Click "Retesting" to see if it remains the same. Close the program after.

3. Put your device into fastboot mode (make sure to turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking in the developer options), and connect it through USB 2.0 port. (I don't know if 2.0/3.0 makes a difference but if you have 2.0 available, use it).

4. Go to device manager. Expand "Android Phone", right click "Android Bootloader Interface" and click properties. Click on "Driver" tab. See if the driver provider is "Xiaomi Technology, Inc.", driver date is "11/3/2016", and driver version is "16.0.0.0".
IF it's not, then close the properties window, right click android bootloader interface and click "Update driver".  Click "Browse my computer for driver..." then "Let me pick from a list ...". Uncheck "Show compatible hardware", click "Xiaomi Technology, Inc." from the left side, then "Android Bootloader Interface" from the right and click next. After it's installed, check the properties to make sure it says what I mentioned above.

5. Go to unlock tool folder. Go to driver\win10 folder, right click android_winusb.inf and click install. You'll get operation completed successfully message.

6. Go back to unlock folder and run the tool as administrator. Now before clicking agree, click on the settings gear on the top right corner. Make sure MI Usb Driver says "Already installed". This is really important. Otherwise IT WON'T WORK. If it doesn't say that check previous steps and make sure your didn't miss any. Beyond that I have no idea.

7. Now you're good to go. Click agree, sign in and voila, your phone shall be connected, ready to unlock.

Thanks.

Rated by 7 people   Experience Reason  

billpower + 2 Thanks for sharing this solution!
TinaSchulz + 2 Great!
Barreeeiroo + 1 Thanks!
Dobu2 + 1 Fantastic!
syhrlll + 1 Fantastic!
sawan1980 + 1 Fantastic!
Muz_paray + 10 Great!

Experience +18  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
01:33, Mar-16-2018 | From PC
|
I dont know how to thank you m8! WARNING TO ALL OF YOU that you want to unlock. Copy the folder that unlocker is installed and copy it under the C:/ directory ( where program files etc.. are)  LOCATION MATTERS! Wasted 2 hours of my life for this.

Comment

emmagine79 OMG, this saved me too after wasting my time for 2 hours. Thank you!  18:02, Jul-18-2018

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

emmagine79 + 2 Awesome!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
7589 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi BandMi VRMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi KeyMi  BunnyNinebot MiniMi T-ShirtMi Power BankMi Power StripXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 2015MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 7Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SMi 3Mi 4i4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Redmi 2I Love 2016Fan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017Rocket to Future3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 20172100K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary800K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members1500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Valentine's DayHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilSuper Friday5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalMIUI Happy Medal5 Million Forum PostsSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridaySuper Tuesday3500K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayRingolicious MedalWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum Members1300K Forum MembersMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI KingXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRingtone ExpertMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI 8th AnniversaryGold Super ModeratorDiamond Super Moderator13 Million Forum MembersHappy 2019MIUI Halloween 2018Discuss HereMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDual CameraMIUI 10SurpriseMost Active MIUIer2017 Annual AwardsSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Lover MedalMi TalentStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyMr. DependableMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate MasterAndroid GuruMIUI Device ExpertHumor Master

11:59, Aug-27-2017 | From PC
|
Hello,

What error are you getting?

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 01:48, Aug-28-2017 | From PC
|
Muz_paray replied at 2017-8-27 11:59
Hello,

What error are you getting?

Thanks for replying. I'm getting this screen:

Tried many drivers, disabled driver signature enforcement,still the same. Even MiFlash detects the phone (in fastboot mode) but not Mi Unlock tool.

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
7589 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi BandMi VRMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi KeyMi  BunnyNinebot MiniMi T-ShirtMi Power BankMi Power StripXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 2015MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 7Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SMi 3Mi 4i4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Redmi 2I Love 2016Fan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017Rocket to Future3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 20172100K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary800K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members1500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Valentine's DayHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilSuper Friday5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalMIUI Happy Medal5 Million Forum PostsSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridaySuper Tuesday3500K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayRingolicious MedalWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum Members1300K Forum MembersMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI KingXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRingtone ExpertMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI 8th AnniversaryGold Super ModeratorDiamond Super Moderator13 Million Forum MembersHappy 2019MIUI Halloween 2018Discuss HereMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDual CameraMIUI 10SurpriseMost Active MIUIer2017 Annual AwardsSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Lover MedalMi TalentStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyMr. DependableMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate MasterAndroid GuruMIUI Device ExpertHumor Master

02:00, Aug-28-2017 | From PC
|
hexerus replied at 2017-8-27 23:18
Thanks for replying. I'm getting this screen:

Tried many drivers, disabled driver signature enfor ...

Are you using Anti Virus or Firewall?

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 02:05, Aug-28-2017 | From PC
|
Muz_paray replied at 2017-8-28 02:00
Are you using Anti Virus or Firewall?

I have no 3rd party AV installed. Just Windows Defender, which I turned off. I didn't disable firewall, assumed it being not applicable in this scenario.

Credits
Device
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM
21:43, Sep-23-2017 | From PC
|
hexerus replied at 2017-8-28 10:01
Note: I have Mi Unlock tool vers ...

Thank you sir

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
02:09, Nov-13-2017 | From PC
|
hexerus replied at 2017-8-28 10:01
Note: I have Mi Unlock tool vers ...

Thank you so much, this tutorial saved me.
ive been trying to unlock my phone for months with all the convaluted instructions  found in other forums.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
01:16, Nov-14-2017 | From PC
|
Doesn't work for me

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMagic CubeMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearRocket to FutureMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsStar Wars

19:18, Dec-09-2017 | From PC
|
press volume DOWN + Power button to start fastboot mode

many user runs recovery mode by presing volume UP + Power button

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list