[ Promote]
11213 45 |
18:00, Dec-18-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by vup3karu3 at 02:57, Jan-12-2019

Dear MIUIers,
Today I want to share with you my tutorial on how to change the time on the Xiao AI Smart Alarm Clock. I guess if you are a owner of this beautiful alarm clock, then you already noticed that you can't setup time manually, so you are currently always stuck in the chinese time zone.

Requirements:
iOS Device (Android may fail, only some users got it working with Android)

Lets get started:
Step 1: The first step is to reset the device via the small reset button on the back of the device. The reset button is hiddin in a small hole right next to the usb port. The Xiao AI Smart Clock will tell you something in chinese once you pressed the button long enough to reset. The clock will restart and show you a specific time.

Step 2: Remove the device from your Mi Account via the Mi Home App

Step 3: Go into your Smartphone settings and change "Set time automatically" to "Set time manually" (The settings can also named differently, depending on your smartphone

Step 4: Look on the time on the Xiao AI Smart Clock and check your current local time. (Looking on Google won't be accurate, because China has UTC +5 to +9 as time zone, so this also depends on the location setup in the travel settings of the Xiao AI Smart Clock. Better you check what's on your clock, not Google)

Step 5: Now calculate the difference between your local time and the time that is shown on your Xiao AI Smart Clock and then either substract or add the time that is missing to your Smartphone time settings. (Example: I live in Germany, and my current time is 11:54, the Xiao AI Clock shows 16:54, the difference between those values is 5 hours. Now I go to my smartphone time settings, change time from auto to manual and I set time to 11:54 minus 5 hours = 6:54)

Step 6: Now go into the Mi Home App and connect your Xiao AI Smart Alarm Clock to your Mi Account.

Step 7: The clock will now show the correct time once connected to your account succesfully. (Also note that you may have to rechange from 12-hour to 24-hour time format in the Xiao AI Settings if you like, because settings you made before are flushed due to the reset)

Step 8: Go back into your smartphone settings and change "Set time manually" to "Set time automatically".

Step 9: Voila, we are done. Enjoy your properly time showing Xiao AI Smart Alarm Clock

NB. If you have troubles setting the time on the Xiao AI Smart Alarm clock, feel free to leave a reply. Otherwise leaving a thankyou is always nice, too!

114545kkh7qkq44g200t40.jpg.thumb.jpg
Favorite3 Share

Rated by 2 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

srsakib + 10 + 3 Thanks for sharing!
izzo24 + 5 Awesome!

Experience +15  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM
06:21, Dec-21-2018 | From PC
|
Here is what worked for me to set CET.
Prerequisite: you need an IOS device (iphone or ipad) to add AI clock to Mi Home. Afterwards, you can turn back to your Android phone.
1. Delete AI Clock from Mi Home
2. Install Mi Home on an IOS device, log in with your Mi account.
3. Switch time zone to Paris (thanks RW5566 for a great hint). Do not have to change time.
4. Add AI clock to Mi Home installed on the IOS device. The clock shows correct time now.
5. Optional: uninstall Mi Home from an IOS device and return it to your wife
6. Log in to Mi Home on your Android device with your Mi account. AI clock is already there.

Credits
Device
Mi A2
Online time
142 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMagic CubeMi BoxMi HomeMi T-ShirtMijia Smart ShoesMi Power BankMi ScaleMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchAwesome!AnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestSuper SundayMerry ChristmasMIUI Weekly PollMIUI PMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From Indonesia5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Marathon MedalRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Happy Medal2 Million Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky Friday1st AnniversarySuper MondayMIUI 9Happy Singles' DayHappy DiwaliMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI King13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyHeart to HeartMIUI 10Master Of TechnologyPOCO F1India Independence DayMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentStar WarsTheme Talent9 Million Forum MembersTechnology GuruAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Follower7 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Halloween 2017Xiaomi 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum MembersBlack SharkAndroid GuruMi Story TellerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizNougatMi A1

03:07, Dec-19-2018 | From APP
|
Great Tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
15:10, Dec-19-2018 | From PC
|
I can not change the time.
I tried to do it on smartphones: Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro - MIUI 9, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 - MIUI 10, Meizu 5 Note.
Why do you make some calculations if you end up installing time on your smartphone that shows xiao ai smart alarm clock?
What is the position of the time zone? Automatic time zone? Manual time zone selection - your zone? Manual selection of the time zone - Beijing gmt +8?
If you have such an opportunity, please create a video of the time change process and put it on YouTube, it will be very popular.

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
351 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMagic CubeMi Band 2Mijia Qi CycleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Mi TV4 Million Forum MembersMi 5sMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper SundaySuper SaturdayMIUI SMIUI 93500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Super WednesdayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaPuzzle MasterMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamBlack SharkAndroid GuruMIUI Device Expert6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 1013 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryDie-hard MIUI Fan2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th AnniversaryScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerStar WarsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterMost Popular Forum UserMi Story TellerRingtone ExpertForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalAndroid Elf

15:28, Dec-19-2018 | From Mi 5s
|
Hi,
@vup3karu3 Thanks for sharing the tutorial with us and keep doing this in future.It would be better to add pictures of the process. So that users will understand the tutorial easily.
Hope you'll attach pictures from your next tutorial.

Regards  
Don' forget to mention me in your reply!

Sakib | Find me on  Instagram
The series I manage : Tech Animate

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
21:40, Dec-20-2018 | Via mobile
|
Try to set different time zone. No need to reset the clock. Just remove it from the mi home app and add it again with new time zone in the smartphone. Select a zone with the same time displacement but in different city. Find that one which works.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
21:42, Dec-20-2018 | Via mobile
|
For example UTC +0 London works

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
02:41, Dec-21-2018 | Via mobile
|
Update, for utc+1 paris works correctly, but it is unreachable in android, ios is needed

Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 03:43, Dec-21-2018 | From PC
|
This post was edited by vup3karu3 at 03:51, Dec-21-2018
Yurchik75 replied at 2018-12-19 15:10
I can not change the time.
I tried to do it on smartphones: Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro - MIUI 9, Xiaomi Redm ...

The time zone doesn't matter as long as you calculated the difference right, I tried it with several time zones right now. This trick works, because the Xiao AI Smart Clock grabs your smartphone time (which you set up before) once you connect it to your Mi Account via the Mi App. Because we can't change the time zone in the clock itself, the clock always thinks it is in the chinese timezone. Thats why we have to change the time in the smartphone.

You can tell me your time zone and I can tell you what you have to set on your smartphone. Otherwise I will add some screenshots to my tutorial later.

It also seems the Xiao AI Smart Clock received a new update, I'm looking into it what the changes are exactly.

Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 04:26, Dec-21-2018 | From PC
|
This post was edited by vup3karu3 at 04:27, Dec-21-2018

Note: Added Screenshots. On Android the procedure looks differentNote: The firmware update implements the Nearby wake-up function, so nothing useful.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list