11 Hours
Send PM
05:29, Dec-23-2018 | From PC
|

SLOW STARTUP PROBLEM - SOLVED

This post was edited by hove64 at 05:33, Dec-23-2018

SLOW STARTUP PROBLEM - SOLVED

hi guys.
i had the same problem  - 15 minutes start up time,  and loosing battery.
so i un installed the last  3 suspicious apps that were updated, namely-YouTube, play store, and play services.
after that, i think it got a little better.
i found somewhere to install apk of play store, and play services.
i don't remember where, but it was not easy.
the play store, i might have taken from the google installer, which came with the rom.
YouTube i couldn't reinstall.
then i updated my rom, through the phone installer, from miui 7, to miui 9 global 8.4.19 beta.
and since then, the phone works great.
start up time is 1 minute and 10 seconds.
everything works good, except the google apps problem, which don't update, and YouTube which i can't install.
i also lost my root, so maybe it was the root which slowed the startup ??

my play services is now updated to 14.7.99
my play store is  5.9.12, and doesn't update.

if you have the start up problem, and want to follow me, keep apk of the 3 apps, and know that you may not be able to install them.
i am a newbie, so i don't know more than what i just wrote.

all the best, and thanks to those trying to solve the google problem.

Credits
Device
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
23:33, Dec-23-2018 | From PC
|
Hi all, sorry for my english. The problem is only present in all android 5.0.2 devices. Android 5.0.1 or 5.1 works ok. I think google is solving this problem slowly, because with google maps in last version  i had update error, with the new one (version 10.6.2) it updates without problems. The reboot problem only appears if you have the lastest working google play store and try to update, if you have an older version the problem doesnt appear. Keep waiting new google apps to check if problems presists.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM
23:53, Dec-23-2018 | From PC
|
Pedro_Pérez replied at 2018-12-23 23:33
Hi all, sorry for my english. The problem is only present in all android 5.0.2 devices. Android 5.0. ...

yes. here too.
now maps can update.
thanks

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2 Prime
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
01:07, Dec-24-2018 | From PC
|
This post was edited by psolord at 01:32, Dec-24-2018
artek242 replied at 2018-12-22 22:15
Install rom from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o25uEyoGyjwFwWEpKpXz32YOzlbGLVts?usp ...

Hello. Thank you for this rom link. It sure is better than nothing at this given moment. Indeed the apps update fine now.

However, it's not all giggles and roses. This rom comes with a big performance hit, on the apps that are compiled with the old compiler.

See the results from previous Antutu.

And here are the new results from the newly updated and compiled Antutu version.

Now as we can see we have a serious performance degradation that comes to any app that gets updated or newly installed. I have seen some serious lags in games that were not there before. In Google Maps you can see the roads updating one by one, etc.

So this solution cannot be permanent and whoever is responsible, Xiaomi or Google or Both must fix it. People are not meant to just throw away perfectly good phones after three years.

I mean I have a Lenovo K3, which I only switch on every six months or so to do its updates and charge it for battery maintenance, then put on the shelf again. I just switched it on today to check and all apps update fine.

BTW I did an Antutu run on the Lenovo K3 Note and it is faster than the Redmi note 2, lol!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2 Prime
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
01:12, Dec-24-2018 | From PC
|
This post was edited by psolord at 01:39, Dec-24-2018

Old vs New in thumbnails for easier viewing.

Old Antutu on the Xiaomi RN2

New Antutu on the Xiaomi RN2

Added a run of my old Lenovo K3 Note for Good measure, lol

Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
06:02, Dec-24-2018 | From PC
|
This post was edited by AnassMi at 00:11, Dec-25-2018

just uninstall all google apps, keep only google play services necessary for some applications, I tried the fixed rom the battery drains fast,  also by upgrading after using the fixed rom you can keep the g apps updated, but still restart problem presist, google apps doesn't deserves all the pain. I will just keep my phone like this till I change it, and shame on Xiaomi if they gonna abandon their phones after three years, it doesn't encourage to buy more from this brand.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
21:07, Dec-24-2018 | From PC
|
Hi all. To solve the problem with GAPPS need:
1. root
2. in /system open file build.prop

If there is:

dalvik.vm.dex2oat-filter=everything
dalvik.vm.image-dex2oat-filter=everything

Need to change to:

dalvik.vm.dex2oat-filter=interpret-only
dalvik.vm.image-dex2oat-filter=speed

Add if not.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

MKAdam + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
20:37, Dec-25-2018 | Via mobile
|
euro20122012 @ Hi more details please for noob how to?  i have downloaded build.prop but after don't really understand what should I do thanks you

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
20:55, Dec-25-2018 | Via mobile
|
milouille replied at 2018-12-25 20:37
euro20122012 @ Hi more details please for noob how to?  i have downloaded build.prop but after don't ...

Thanks you finally I fix it work perfectly
Now Google apps update
Thanks you for this Christmas gift

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMIUI Forum AppMIUI ReviewScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalStar Of Technology

00:45, Dec-26-2018 | From Redmi Note 2
|
so you need to root ROM v.6.3.0 (mine not rooted fresh installed over factory China ROM with same problems with Google apps and boot time 15min draining battery...) root the global and modify that file .. How ?! Which editor is needed

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list