Author: dmmr1988

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
07:33, Oct-21-2018 | Via mobile
|
Android phones usually have a second space for work and play on same phone. Like Second Space for xiaomi or Knox for Samsung. So, setup that work space as a new phone that won't have dual app and have android auto run there when you're in the car. You get to keep the same sim and mobile and contacts. Otherwise, you will have to setup a new phone itself that does not use the dual app feature.   Once you have setup Android auto in that second space or work space on same phone, like allow access to phone, contacts, files etc., plug in the USB of your car to setup AA as new car. If it doesn't work, Soft reset your head unit by pressing the power button for 10 seconds until you see that car logo reappear. You will see a message to setup your phone when safe. Go to your phone and go through the setup AA new car process. Accept terms and conditions, etc.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
12:02, Dec-17-2018 | From PC
|
The fix to the solution is out now. Xiaomi has pushed Android v9 (Bundled with MIUI 10.1). It has fix for broken AA. However if you still face error (Communication error 16), check if you have dual apps enabled. In my case i had dual what's app enabled thus it was not letting AA to start.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
16:56, Jan-17-2019 | From PC
|
http://en.miui.com/thread-3328762-1-1.html
visit here and hit confirm...

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
02:35, Jan-18-2019 | Via mobile
|
I confirm NC1476's method works

Credits
Device
Redmi 6/6A
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
01:32, Apr-03-2019 | From PC
|
Solution: go to dual app setting, and delete all the dual profile.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list