Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.0.5.0.MBFCNDG
Online time
468 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi NoteMi Note Pro500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMerry ChristmasMIUI 6th AnniversaryRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearDie-hard MIUI FanJuly 19 Myanmar

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI DEVICE TEAM] How to Backup files using TWRP while Boot Loop

[ Promote]
8671 32 |
02:45, Apr-03-2015
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by ThawThaw at 14:42, Apr-03-2015

Hey Guys,
A lot of users faced boot loop while rooting their device. Some of them backup their device before root but some didn't. If a user didn't backup his/her precious data and ended in boot loop. That's a headache. I encountered this kind of situation too. So I prepared a tutorial that show how to transfer data In or Out of bootlooping device.

This Guide was tested working on MI Note, MI4 and MI3

Most users already know custom recovery can backup and restore the entire user data. So in this tutorial I only cover
1. How to copy selected files or folders from your device to a computer or OTG storage and
2. How to copy a firmware to device to reinstall

Requirements
1. TWRP for your Device
2. Windows Computer
3. OTG Cable and Memory Stick (or) OTG Memory Stick (If you want to backup your data to memory stick)
4. bootlooping MI Phone ???

Steps
Refer to this thread to install TWRP http://en.miui.com/thread-98538-1-1.html
Use Test Compatiblity.bat to temporary boot into TWRP, Use Install Recovery.bat to permently install TWRP to your device
Reboot into Recovery.
#Connect your OTG Storage(If your choice of backup is OTG Storage). You will see like this
#Connect with your computer (if your choice of backup in to PC)
1.jpg

Go to "Mount".

2.jpg

If you connected your device to PC and Touch "Enable MTP" Button, You device will be seen on computer like Normal start up and you can transfer data like before.

If you're using OTG Storage. Select USB OTG check box and press return button. You'll back to TWRP Home screen.

3.jpg

Choose Advance

4.jpg

Then choose File Manager, You'll see like this. In the list sdcard is your internal storage of device where all your personal data were stored and usbotg is the OTG Storage you attached to your device.

5.jpg

Browse to the location you want

6.jpg

If you press Select without choosing file it'll copy the whole folder. If you want to copy a file, choose it. Then it'll like this

7.jpg

You'll see your selected item on top and you can select your action copy or move. After you choose an action, you'll back to file manager. Browse to the location you want to save your selected files/folder and press select. You'll see like this.

8.jpg

Check your actions and slide to comfrim. That's all

You can transfer files from OTG Storage to device by this way.
So if you didn't put a firmware in internal storage for reinstallation you can put update.zip to internal storage so that you might no need fastboot ROM.

Have fun!!!!!

TWRP is not my work. I just show the function of it. Credit for TWRP goes to http://dl.twrp.me/cancro/
Favorite10 Share

Rated by 13 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

nik2670 + 1 Thanks!
Tapan05 + 1 Thanks!
GR33dyBlackie + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Drekavac + 2 Thanks!
skuas_oren + 1 Thanks!
HaRust + 1 Great!
cinuszek7 + 1 Thanks!
chgbhat + 2 Thanks!
meredithhan + 10 Awesome!
sameer_farms + 10 Awesome!
marcus_keong + 10 Awesome!
TweaknFreak + 5 Noob friendly
Dezzmond + 10 + 3 Awesome!

Experience +64  Prestige +6  View Rating Log

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
498 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyFlashholicAwesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2016MIUI 2015Fantastic!Redmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi TVMi PadRedmi NoteMi 3Mi Note ProMi NoteMi 4cMi 4iRedmi Note 2Redmi 2500K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Philippines1st Anniversary600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 50 Million Users900K Forum MembersMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Halloween300K Forum MembersDiwali 2014 ChristmasFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI BangladeshAtaturk Mourning700K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliHappy New YearGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Beta Team VIPInbox ZeroYouth PledgeAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerStar Bug FinderMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of IconsMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI G+ FollowerRedmi Note 3 ExplorerAndroid Guru

03:07, Apr-03-2015
|
Great guide,will help many~

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
6310 Hours
Send PM

Mi Air PurifierMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi Power StripMi TV 70Mi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesYeelight Bedside LampMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi VR HeadsetMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerYi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi BandMi KeyMi Yi CameraI Love MIUIMIUI 2015Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicMi TVMi 4iXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi NoteRedmi Note 2Redmi 1SMi 4cRedmi NoteMi Note ProMi PadMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Hilal Ramadan 900K Forum MembersSuper Monday800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th Anniversary300K Forum Members2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI SpainFan of MIUI Myanmar500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayMIUI 100 Million Users600K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI Italy2100K Forum MembersMi Live Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016MIUI Forum App1 Million Forum Members1400K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI World TourHappy DiwaliRooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly Talk3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureSuper FridaySuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridaySuper TuesdaySingapore Merlion MedalSurge S11700K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From Myanmar5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 300 Weeks1300K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMr. DependableMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalRedmi Quiz MasterInbox ZeroRedmi Note 3 ExplorerRingtone Star MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverAndroid GuruWallpaper ExpertOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyApp TalentAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Device ExpertStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerHumor MasterMi Story TellerDebate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014Super ModeratorDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum App TalentScroll Of WisdomMi Talent

14:19, Apr-03-2015
|
Thanks for the info
Sometimes it is the people no-one imagines anything of, who does the things that no-one can imagine.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.KHIMICK
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
14:35, Apr-06-2015 Via mobile
|
dear friend, I downloaded d HMNOTEILTE_V6.4.2.0KHIMICable for my NOTE 4g. I have rooted it. After rooting  and rebooting, opening d security app, d root Access under Permission  is evident .however, when a new app is selected to allow root access  it says not possible.     l have downloaded d app Link2sd for tfr of apps to sd card. this is also not functional due to d reason   App2SD is not supported by ur device. because ur device has a Primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage.  It further says u can link the app in order to move its files to sd card.    One line comes as   / data/ sdext2 mount not found.     I am now totally confused and disgusted with d process of rooting and unrooting of my phone.  can u please help me last time. regards.d

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.KHIMICK
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
14:41, Apr-06-2015 Via mobile
|
what's d difference between Linkto SD card and move to SD card ?

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.KHIMICK
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
15:01, Apr-06-2015 Via mobile
|
another error shown is Mount Script Error. it shows Mount script cannot be created, and Mount: invalid argument. please help.

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.0.5.0.MBFCNDG
Online time
468 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi NoteMi Note Pro500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMerry ChristmasMIUI 6th AnniversaryRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearDie-hard MIUI FanJuly 19 Myanmar

Author| 20:53, Apr-06-2015
|
ss@2015 replied at 2015-4-6 14:35
dear friend, I downloaded d HMNOTEILTE_V6.4.2.0KHIMICable for my NOTE 4g. I have rooted it. After ro ...

Regarding root, did you mean your app didn't get root access? If so, after 1st time you opened your app,it'll say you don't have root access. Quit your app and go to security app-->Permission-->Root Access--> and enable your app to allow root access. When you open again your app it'll have root access now.

Regarding Link to SD app, I didn't familiar with that app. You should post a question under redmi note 4g section to get quick answer.

Platinum Member

ITZ Just Mi Here

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
58 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 2015Redmi NoteMi NoteMi 4iXiaomi 5th AnniversaryFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI India500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Global Forum 2014Scroll Of WisdomMIUI FB Follower

03:59, Apr-09-2015
|
We know this buddy

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
150 Hours
Send PM
17:00, Apr-09-2015
|
Thanks for info

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
94 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2015Redmi 1SRedmiMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanHappy Valentine's Day500K Forum MembersDiwali Hilal Ramadan MIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackHumor MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerAndroid Elf

01:33, Apr-10-2015
|
Woah! Ty man!
Always Believe That Something Wonderful About to Happen!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list