[Q & A] XiaoMi YI failed to connect after password

[ Promote]
62612 32 |
04:55, Mar-29-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hi,
I ran both the stock software and the Enginsh software on my Note 4 to try to connect to my new YI sports camera.
My phone can see the wifi network but when it prompts me to enter the password, it fails to connect.

I typed in the default password of 1234567890 and it takes to me to the orange screen for about 30 seconds before bringing me to the grey screen and says cannot connect. Is there any other characters that I am missing like a space before the numbers?

Favorite1 Share

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
171 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxI Love MIUIMi 3MIUI Fan from Malaysia500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th Anniversary300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyMost Active MIUIerHumor MasterAndroid GuruMIUI FB Follower

06:22, Mar-29-2015 | From PC
|
have you tried to retry connection once the blue light on the camera starts blinking?

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
482 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi KeyMi BandMIUI 6Mi 31st Anniversary300K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Star Of Icons

06:51, Mar-29-2015 | From PC
|
Delete YDXJ_********.. wi-fi network. Allow location services in phone.
Click power button, wait 5 seconds. Click (not hold) Wi-Fi button, blue light will go on, wait till it start blinking. Try to connect to camera via app.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
14:11, Mar-31-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Lamusiqa at 14:18, Mar-31-2015
dezmen3 replied at 2015-3-29 06:51
Delete YDXJ_********.. wi-fi network. Allow location services in phone.
Click power button, wait 5 s ...

I have the same problem, just that it only happened after updating the camera's firmware. Tried multiple times and still doesn't work. I can't seem to connect with my phone at all after the firmware update. I think the firmware is buggy and faulty.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
00:14, Apr-01-2015 | Via mobile
|
same here. tried all methods stated in q&a section but still fail to connect. samsung note 3 user here.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
22:47, Apr-02-2015 | Via mobile
|
i have the same issue. ive done the update, and once i did that i was no longer able to connect to phone. my wifi light just stays solid on and never flashes. ive tried doing all the steps to put the old firmware back on and it still doesnt work. turn camera on, press wifi button, and my wifi light is solid blue, never flashes. also once ive pressed the wifi button and the blue light comes on, i cant get it to turn off. not matyer what i do, press wifi button, hold wifi button, nothing changes it and thr wifi light just stays solid on. very frustrating because ivr done the factory reset and now its stuck in 1080p 30fps..... any help with this issue?? than

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 11:56, Apr-06-2015 | From PC
|
I just tried it again, even after deleting hte wifi network and reconnecting.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
23:42, Apr-18-2015 | From PC
|
There's some issue with android 4.4.2 wifi coupling !
It works fine with my tablet Android 4.1.2 but not with my Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2.
Someone developing team can solve this or let usknow how we can fix it?

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
17:39, Apr-30-2015 | Via mobile
|
Same here.  I Have MI note 4.

Credits
Device
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
01:15, May-13-2015 | From PC
|
Just solve my same problem. After do Factory Reset on my Yi camera.
You can press the power button and WIFI button for a while, after a “DI” sound, it will be reset to factory data.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list