Mi 4i
Redmi 1S
Redmi Note 4G
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
374 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi MIXMijia Walkie TalkieXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi HomeUnlock MedalMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia VR Play 2Mi TV 70Mi BoxMi ScaleMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi  BunnyNinebot MiniXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIMarshmallowAwesome!FlashholicRedmi 4XMi Max 2Mi Note 2Redmi 3SXiaomi Mi 44 Million Forum MembersXiaomi Mi 6Redmi 1SMi 5XMi 4iRedmi Note 3Redmi 23500K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalRingolicious MedalMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Font LoverHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th AnniversarySuper SundayFan Of MIUI BangladeshThanksgiving DayMIUI 9300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryDiwali Super Monday100k Forum Members1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppSuper Saturday90000 Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017Super TuesdaySuper WednesdayMIUI 50 Million UsersPuzzle MasterRocket to FutureMIUI 2017I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News TeamMIUI ReviewTechnology GuruMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone ExpertStar Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master Star MIUI News Team MemberOTA FeedbackMr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerTheme Talent25 Million StrongMIUI Halloween 2017Forum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMi Story TellerIndonesia Independence DayIndia Independence DayAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMIUI Follower

[Others] Mark Zuckerberg apologizes for his seemingly insensitive, livestreamed VR tour!

[ Promote]
129 1 |
19:26, Oct-11-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Aniketism at 17:31, Oct-11-2017

Hello MIUIers!

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg who in a cartoon form toured flood-hit Puerto Rico aspart of a live stream on Monday, received strong criticism for the tone-deaf VR tour. Zuckerberg later apologized in a reply to a Facebook comment for being unclear about the aim of the video.

As reported earlier, Zuckerberg and head of virtual reality team Rachel Franklin used the company's VR app Spaces to tour through a 360-degree video of Puerto Rico. The video was put up in a bid to raise awareness about the extent of flood-induced destruction in the country.
As reported by TechCrunch, the comment read, "One of the most powerful features of VR is empathy. My goal here was to show how VR can raise awareness and help us see what’s happening in different parts of the world. I also wanted to share the news of our partnership with the Red Cross to help with the recovery. Reading some of the comments, I realize this wasn’t clear, and I’m sorry to anyone this offended."The report stated that Facebook specifically chose a cartoon to represent the two Facebook employees to refrain users from feeling intimidated by the control scheme. The Guardian in a report also slammed the social media giant stating the live stream as "part disaster tourism, part product promotion." The later was said as Facebook also announced during the live stream that it would launch the Oculus IV soon.“When you’re in VR yourself, the surroundings feel quite real. But that sense of empathy doesn’t extend well to people watching you as a virtual character on a 2D screen. That’s something we’ll need to work on over time,” Zuckerberg added in another comment.
Originaly Posted at : Source

Disclaimer: This is a reproduced article and the copyright rests with the original author. The views in this article are not from MIUI News Team, or MIUI Global Forum. If there is any disagreement, please contact the Forum Management Team to delete it.

Favorite Share

MIUI Device Team

ADF-01

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
V9.0.5.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
502 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi  BunnyMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Qi CycleMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Magic CubeMijia Walkie TalkieMi ScaleMi BoxMi MIXMi TV 70Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!I Love MIUIFantastic!MarshmallowMi 4iRedmi Note 4XPuzzle MasterMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 9MIUI Fan From PhilippinesRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper MondayMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 100 Million UsersGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamTechnology GuruMIUI Halloween 2017Youth PledgeMr. Dependable25 Million StrongTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Device ExpertAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalOTA FeedbackDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMi Story TellerScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FollowerRingtone ExpertStar Of TechnologyUpdates Lover

19:27, Oct-11-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Thanks for the information..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list