Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
V7.0.5.0.KXDCNCI
Online time
94 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi 3Mi TVRedmi 1SMIUI 4th Anniversary300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Android Elf

[Reviews] [MIUI Device Team] Mi WiFi Router Mini - Unboxing + Setup! All-in-one guide!

[ Promote]
104912 439 |
17:46, Mar-07-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hey guys,

Its been a long time since I reviewed an MI gadget. The last one was the Mi 10400mah Powerbank -
http://en.miui.com/thread-70360-1-1.html

Next up is the Mi Wi-Fi Router Mini. Thanks to @helloansuman for sending me this gorgeous little beast from Orissa.

Let the games begin :D

UNBOXING :-

The Mini Router comes inside a Mi siganture box. The text is in chinese as the product is not yet released for global customers.
IMG_20150207_234133.jpg

There are 2 models of the Router - White and Black. Ansuman had sent me the white one.

IMG_20150207_234244.jpg
Inside the box, the AC adapter, the manual(no use of it as the text is in chinese)
The important point to be noted for the users in India is that the Adapter plug is of the international variant. You need a connector.
IMG_20150207_234329.jpg

IMG_20150207_235236.jpg

IMG_20150207_235512.jpg

At the backside, there are 5 slots and a button. The small black button is for Reset and a simcard remover pin or needle will be needed.
The next is the USB port to conect storage devices to your network.  The next two are the LAN ports. The blue one is the WAN port which we will be using in this review.  The last port is to connect the router to power source.
IMG_20150207_235544.jpg

SETUP :-
So once you power up the device, after few seconds , you can see the blue light which means the device is ready.
IMG_20150307_112416.jpg

Connect the wire to the blue WAN port. Call your ISP and ask them open up the MAC address for your connection. It will take sometime depending upon the ISP. Mine is PPPoE connection.

IMG_20150307_112432.jpg

Once the MAC is opened, switch on WiFi and search for connections in your laptop/phone. You will see 2 SSIDs : Xiaomi_xx & Xiaomi_xx_5G. The former is the 2.4Ghz and the latter is the 5Ghz connection. 5G will give you stable connection needed for heavy games. When you connect your device to one of these, a link will be automatically opened. Or else manually open - 192.168.31.1

This is IP address of the Mi Router from where you can configure all the settings.

termspage.png

In the first window, click the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions. Click the Begin bluebox. Then, you can enter the SSID and password for your connection. For PPPoE users, click on the text I have highlighted using red. It will ask for your username and password provided by ISP. Click on the Proceed blue box.

ssid.png

Done. Router is setup. Now refresh your device wifi. You will notice that the SSID has been changed from 'Xiaomi_xxxx' to the one you entered in the setup. Click on it. Enter the WiFi password. Bingo. Start browsing.

Now go to the same IP address. Enter your WiFi password.

Intro.png

The page is in chinese. But you can translate to English from Chrome. The Routing Status page shows the speed and the status of the connections.
mainpage.png

When you click on Router Settings, you get 6 options :
1. Wifi settings
2. Internet settings
3. Security center
4. Lan setings
5. Advanced settings
6. System status

Under Wifi settings, you can change the SSID and password of both your 2.4G and 5G connection

2.4g.png
5g.png
Under Internet settings, you can change the details of your PPPoE connection or enter inputs for DHCP/Static IP.
pppoe.png

Security center lets you change the password of your router. LAN settings are for knowing the DHCP and IP values. I haven't used the LAN facility. And Advanced settings are for users who would like to play around with their router.

Under System status, you can check the version of the router and can manually upgrade to the latest stable or developer version.
settings.png

REVIEW :-

Typical Mi product as always. A beast. Quick startup. A terrific range(My friend who lives in the neighbouring building is able to access my WiFi). Stable 5G connection for heavy games.

Add to all this, the option to connect your phone or hard disk to the Router and use as network storage.

S-E-X-Y !

NOTE :-

In this review, we used Chrome to set up the router. We can also use a PC client or Android app for phone to configure the router.

http://www1.miwifi.com/miwifi_download.html    - Link for downloading latest version, pc client, apks.

wifisite.jpg

Unfortunately all these official softwares are in Chinese. But thanks to people like @magdag , we have the English patched versions in the forum.

PC Client -
  Please reply to view this thread.

Android apk -
  Please reply to view this thread.

Thanks to admin @meredithhan, my friends @Atyant, @Bingo220 and special thanks to @helloansuman
Hope you guys enjoyed the review. Suggest the next device you want me to review in the replies :)

MiRouter_1.0.60.apk

14.97 MB, Downloads: 857, Download cost : Experience -1

Favorite26 Share

Rated by 41 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

hallkun + 1 Thanks!
venkat79 + 3 Awesome!
Kast0r + 1 Great!
1586063266 + 1 Awesome!
CyberMonk-MI + 1 Great!
bnyandra + 1 Awesome!
Akaksm + 2 Thanks! Bought 1 Really helped!
djoka84 + 1 Thanks!
ps3hatyai5 + 1 Great!
HCSALOMAO + 1 Fantastic!
Manwex + 5 Awesome!
AJIT-REDDY + 1 Fantastic!
jacob_tran + 1 Fantastic!
cinuszek7 + 2 Thanks!
rohitb1023 + 1 Awesome!
pghegde + 1 Awesome!
Sansserif + 1 Awesome!
nemo81 + 1 Great!
shashanknote99 + 1 Great!
man.nk + 1 Great!
Gueresh + 1 Awesome!
Tasama + 1 Great!
forevercool + 1 Thanks!
Kamrul + 1 Fantastic!
Rusbelio + 1 Great!
Mi_Bua + 5 Fantastic!
pothers + 5 Thanks!

Experience +120  Prestige +6  View Rating Log

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
7039 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power StripMi Power BankMi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMi Yi CameraMi Air PurifierMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Band 2Mi KeyYi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMi WiFi RouterMi TV 70Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMijia Story TellerMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 2015I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SMi NoteMi Note ProRedmi 2Mi 4iMi 4cRedmi Note 2Mi TVRedmi NoteSuper SaturdayHappy Holi Medal700K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Super FridayFan of MIUI Myanmar1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Halloween800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersSuper MondayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaThanksgiving DayRocket to FutureMalaysia AnniversaryFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI UkraineMIUI Fan From Singapore2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Font LoverMIUI Fan From Brazil1 Million Forum Members600K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersSuper SundayHappy New YearMIUI Fan from TurkeyMerry ChristmasWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdayMIUI World Tour1900K Forum MembersSurge S110 Million Forum PostsHappy Diwali1700K Forum Members1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI Italy2100K Forum MembersMIUI Monthly TalkMi Live MedalRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Lucky FridaySingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Weekly PollSuper TuesdayMIUI 2017Mid-Autumn Festival1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Super ThursdayPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From Indonesia5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Happy MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From Myanmar1300K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From Nepal3 Million Forum MembersMiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamMIUI ReviewAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroUpdates LoverRedmi Quiz MasterRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMr. DependableTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeWallpaper ExpertSuper ModeratorStar Of TechnologyApp TalentMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerApp TalentMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star Mi Bunny Game Master MIUI FB FollowerHumor MasterMIUI Device ExpertAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Twitter FollowerDebate MasterMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:24, Mar-07-2015 | From PC
|
nice review
Sometimes it is the people no-one imagines anything of, who does the things that no-one can imagine.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
253 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi RouterMi KeyMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi TVMi Note ProMi NoteHappy Singles' Day300K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DaySingapore Birthday500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatInbox Zero

18:31, Mar-07-2015 | From PC
|
Nice review.....ansuman..send me one too..:p...

Comment

sanjaykumar Haha, its high time we start winning gift packs ourselves  03:32, Mar-12-2015

Credits
Device
MI3
MIUI Version
Online time
19 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMi 3Fan Of MIUI SpainI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014

02:45, Mar-10-2015 | From PC
|
No english firmware?

Comment

sanjaykumar Nope, no official. But there is one patched version by magdag.  03:33, Mar-12-2015

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Active on Mi India Community!

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
1801 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi KeyI Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 6Redmi Note 3Mi NoteRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4RedmiRedmi NoteMi TVMi 4iDiwali MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI V5 Review1st AnniversarySingapore BirthdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan 2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 5th AnniversaryMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayXiaomi 5th Anniversary300K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaRedmi Note 3 ExplorerScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Super ModeratorYouth PledgeMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeHumor MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverRingtone TalentMIUI Community VIPAndroid GuruStar Of Icons

15:20, Mar-10-2015 | From PC
|
Nice Review buddy.

Comment

sanjaykumar Thanks swapnil!  03:33, Mar-12-2015
Active On Mi India Community. Plz PM me on c.mi.com/in

Platinum Member

Natural mystic

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
243 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power StripMi WiFiMi Selfie StickMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi HomeMi Power BankUnlock MedalMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2015MIUI 8FlashholicFantastic!Mi Note ProRedmi NoteMi 4cMi 4iMi NoteMi PadMi 4SXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Redmi 3Redmi Note 2Diwali Thanksgiving Day900K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From Brazil600K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaPokemon Master MedalHappy New YearMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017I Love 2016Mi Live MedalMerry ChristmasRocket to Future10 Million Forum Posts5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From Nepal300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper Monday3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI World Tour1500K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalHappy Valentine's Day1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI India1800K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalRingtone TalentInbox ZeroTechnology GuruMi Story TellerMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyApp TalentDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master Humor MasterYouth PledgeMIUI Twitter Follower

15:25, Mar-10-2015 | From PC
|
nice review

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.LHJMIDL
Online time
106 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI 6Fantastic!I Love MIUIMi NoteXiaomi Mi 4RedmiRedmi 2MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI IndiaInbox ZeroMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014

16:18, Mar-10-2015 | From PC
|
good review

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
131 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi BandMi Band 2Mi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 6Awesome!Redmi 2Mi NoteRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Mi 4iHilal Ramadan 1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from India500K Forum MembersHappy New YearFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From Singapore700K Forum Members1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMerry ChristmasThanksgiving Day1400K Forum MembersDiwali Rooster Year of 2017Super FridayI Love 2016900K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMi TalentScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroYouth PledgeHumor MasterMIUI Resources TeamDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerForum Contest Lover

17:04, Mar-10-2015 | From PC
|
Awesome...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
Online time
133 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi BandMi KeyMIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 7Fantastic!Mi TVMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2MIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Singapore500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Philippines600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From Brazil1 Million Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyInbox ZeroMIUI FB FollowerMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Android GuruScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterForum Contest LoverMi Talent

17:22, Mar-10-2015 | From PC
|
Awesome review
miui rom Keeps coming!

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
763 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi BandMIUI 7MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016FlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8Mi 4cMi 3Redmi 2Mi PadMi 4iMi NoteRedmi Note 2Xiaomi Mi 4Mi Note ProHappy Valentine's DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy New YearXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Brazil600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From Singapore700K Forum Members1500K Forum Members900K Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenThanksgiving Day1st Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersFan of MIUI MyanmarMerry Christmas1300K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India800K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Resources TeamDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeInbox ZeroHumor MasterRingtone Star MIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruDebate MasterMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomForum Contest Lover

17:46, Mar-10-2015 | From PC
|
Good review bro...!!
Life Challenge's you, Challenge it Back ....!!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list