MIUI Honorary Moderator

I am unique just like everybod

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
641 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandFantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 6Mi 3Mi PadMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love 20162014 ChristmasMIUI 100 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersFan MIUI PhilippinesSingapore Birthday1300K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th Anniversary900K Forum Members1400K Forum Members700K Forum Members800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Team MemberUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Super MIUI ThemeForum Contest LoverDebate MasterStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Follower

[Tips and Tutorials] [FIX MI BUNNY] Cracked Your Screen? How to Use Your Phone Without Touch

[ Promote]
52802 189 |
17:47, Feb-18-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by jenz1 at 10:36, Aug-13-2015

fixmi bunny.jpg

Fix Mi Bunny is back with another topic for all of you good people of MiLandia.

But this time, something a little bit different. Just a little background: My beloved carrot themed Mi3's top glass cracked when I accidentally dropped it  from 4 feet high some 2 weeks ago. The LCD was fine but sadly, the capacitive buttons where dead and touchscreen was not responding. I was heart-broken. The nearest service center was 6 hours away and would surely burn a hole in my pocket.

But then it hit me! This would be the perfect excuse to find out how far I can go using my beloved Mi3 without using touch!

276164_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Challenge-Accepted_1920x1080.jpg

So lets do this!
Solution 1: USB OTG and Wireless Mouse Combo!

IMG_2052.JPG

What you need:
USB OTG cable and Wireless mouse (preferably a three-button scroll mouse)

So using a mouse, you can navigate and click anywhere on the screen much the same way you use your fingers to touch the screen.
Navigating is fairly easy, right click SELECTs items, left click work as a BACK button and middle click works as HOME key.
cap3.png

Some draw backs though:
- Typing is hell while using the mouse as you'd be clicking on each letter (unless you're using Swype keyboard or something similar, then typing becomes bearable)
- No multi-touch gestures here. Just plain, good 'ol fashion mouse swiping action.

Solution 2: Use a Mi-Key
mickey.png
Oooops! Sorry. Wrong Mikey

_01_1_1.jpg
Ahhh... there we go...

What you need:
- Mi-Key and Mi-Click app

Download Latest English Mi-Click App here: http://d-h.st/zwXg
So assuming you have a mi-key and MiClick installed, you can use the mi-key to simulate hardware keys or open/launch an application. here I used Mi-Key as a control panel/capacitive button. Then used the other clicks to open apps i usually use an need.

MI_20150218_164309.png mikey1.png

(Note: set your phone to go directly to homescreen from lock state. It'll save you the trouble of hooking up your mouse just to "swipe up to unlock")

You CAN'T do much with the Mi-Key alone though. it's very limited. but at least you have the power to open apps like the camera and shoot some pictures. or select the music player and entertain yourself to get your mind off your broken phone hehe.

Solution 3: Easy Touch

Download Easy Touch from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shere.easytouch.holo

My phone's touchscreen wasn't totally useless as there's still a small part that responded to touch. (mark with the yellow "X") So I tried to find a way i can use that small real estate of touch, went to Google play and there I discovered Easy-Touch.
P1030831.jpg

Easy touch is somewhat like the Assistive Touch found on iOS, but takes it a step further by giving you full customization.
Here i set it up to have the same layout  as the phone's capacitive buttons. I also placed an Apps and Settings shortcut in case i need to access both.

MI_20150218_165956.png et_2.png

You can really do a lot of things with Easy Touch and its customization is superb. I recommend you try it even if your phone is working perfectly. You might just like it.

BTW, you need ROOT access for some function of Easy Touch to work. You also have to set permission for pop up notification to "ALLOW"
easytouch permission.png

Solution 4: MiPhone Manager

cap1.PNG

What you need:
- A PC (Windows XP or higher)
- A USB cable and MiPhone Manager
Download the latest English MiPhone Manager here: http://en.miui.com/thread-55321-1-1.html

Did you know that Mi Phone Manager comes with an emulator (or remote play window or an I-use-it-but-I-don't-know-what's-it-called-thingy) where you can control you're phone with your PC's mouse and keyboard?

Just install Mi Phone manager and connect your phone to your computer. Then just click on the "Play" below the image of the phone in MiPhone Manager. Wait for it to load and viola! You can now completely control your phone.

cap2.PNG

The good thing about this setup is you wont have any trouble with typing, since you're using a full keyboard and the mouse just makes navigating your phone a breeze! Of course there are cons to this setup too, such as you can't remove it from the PC while your using it or the PC's screen is not so high resolution compared to your phone so pictures or images you view onscreen are a bit blurry.

There are still other ways you can control your phone without the need for touch but I didn't get to try. Like connecting a bluetooth keyboard and mouse or if your capacitive buttons are functional and a part of your screen is still functioning, use One Hand Mode.

You can try to combine any of the Solution I mentioned above and see what works for you. But ultimately you would have to choose to have it fixed or replaced.

I really hope you guys wont come to the point where you'd suffer the same fate as my Mi3, but if you do, then you know you can still use your phone even without touch. Always remember the saying:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

So don't skimp on protection such as protective case and tempered glass. It just might save your phone's life!

Do you have any solution for controlling your phone without touch? Did you find this thread interesting or helpful? Sound off below. This is Fix Mi Bunny, always Hop-py to help!

Other FIX Mi Bunny Quick Fix and Life Hacks:
Camera Flash Flooding/White Wash on Images - Quick Fix
Fix Messaging Force Close When Sending to Short Numbers
DIY Mobilephone Stand Life Hack
Explorer Crashing after Update to DevROM 5.1.30 Quick Fix
Running Out of Juice? Use your phone as an emerency powerbank

Thanks to ingbrzy of xiaomi.eu for the mi-key app link, @magdag for the English MiPhone Manager and to Mi Philippines for getting me and my Mi3 on our feet again.

Single-option Poll, 351 members voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite25 Share

Rated by 71 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

vijopv83 + 2 Great!
veaomi + 1 Great!
mav81 + 1 Awesome!
bk_220021 + 1 Great!
darthjedi + 1 Awesome!
LauEugen + 1 Thanks!
reddy.shyam + 1 Awesome!
saurabh999999 + 2 Awesome!
blusoft + 5 Awesome!
azrine + 1 Fantastic!
Kkhanna + 1 Great!
MiAwais + 5 Great!
rammymishra + 5 Thanks!
muharrem + 1 Thanks!
ashwingoyal273 + 1 Fantastic!
chgbhat + 1 Fantastic!
HaRust + 1 Great!
tom357 + 1 Fantastic!
sukest + 4 Thanks!
vasiltsovmax + 1 Great!
sadhevneo + 1 Fantastic!
Denio7 + 2 Awesome work!!!
wolivie + 2 Great!
tvsuma + 1 Great!
Vardhan@094 + 5 Thanks!
lijo_1 + 5 Awesome!
iamvamc + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +233  Prestige +25  View Rating Log

http://jenietomboc.wix.com/portfolio

Elite Member

Keep calm and enjoy life. :)

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
96 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetYi Action CameraMagic CubeUnlock MedalMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!Redmi Note 4XMIUI 20 Million UsersMerry ChristmasHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesSuper SundayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Happy MedalSuper MondayFan MIUI Philippines2 Million Forum MembersRocket to Future10 Million Forum PostsMIUI PMIUI 9Happy New YearMIUI S5 Million Forum App InstallsSurge S1Happy Singles' DayGamer Mi BunnyMiPopQuick Survey9 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Superstar5 Million Forum MembersApp Star8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterMi TalentMi Story TellerSurpriseOTA FeedbackMIUI Halloween 20176 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals Collector7 Million Forum MembersStar Wars2017 Annual AwardsMIUI FollowerOreoTheme TalentForum Contest LoverNougatAndroid ElfMi A1MIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

17:45, Jan-10-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Very helpful, maybe I'll try this later. thanks for sharing

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi  BunnyMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi Note 4XMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI 9MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomStar Of Technology

21:50, Nov-16-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
searjohn replied at 2017-4-26 20:23
thank you
but i have a serious problem
my phone half screen is not working and i have not turn on  ...

Try to auto rotate the screen, the button that you mentioned might fall to the working part of the screen.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi  BunnyMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi Note 4XMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI 9MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomStar Of Technology

21:45, Nov-16-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
It might come handy someday for me, and I already knew some of what is said in this thread, accidents do happen, our fully protected phone with protective case and tempered glass can be damaged by accident..

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
549 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMijia Walkie TalkieMi TV 70Mijia Qi CycleMi HomeMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi BoxMi MIXMi ScaleMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi Notebook AirMijia 360° Panoramic CameraYi Action CameraMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth HeadsetUnlock MedalMi Kids WatchMijia Story TellerAwesome!MarshmallowFlashholicMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!Mi TVRedmi Note 4Mi 4SMi Pad 2Mi 5sRedmi 3Mi 4iMi 4cXiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 2Mi Max 2Xiaomi Mi 6Redmi 4/Prime/4AMi 5Mi 5 ProFan Of MIUI RussiaRocket to FutureMIUI PPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI SSurge S1MIUI 95 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Singles' Day2 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DaySuper SundayMIUI 20 Million UsersFan MIUI PhilippinesSuper MondayWomen's Day MedalMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 100 Million UsersRooster Year of 2017MIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI GreeceHappy New YearFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali Merry ChristmasMIUI Lucky FridayGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMr. Dependable8 Million Forum Members7 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI Halloween 2017Quick SurveyMIUI FB Follower5 Million Forum MembersSurpriseApp Star9 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI G+ FollowerOreoTheme TalentMi TalentMIUI KingBlack SharkOTA FeedbackStar WarsStar Of Technology6 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomMaster Of TechnologyNougatDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerRingtone Expert25 Million StrongMIUI Medals CollectorRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Twitter FollowerTechnology GuruDebate MasterAndroid ElfMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid Guru

00:24, Nov-15-2017 | From Mi 5s
|
Very very interesting, add to favorites.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HomeMagic CubeMi  BunnyYi Action CameraMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Qi CycleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!FlashholicAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 2017MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Gamer Mi BunnyAndroid ElfRingtone ExpertOTA FeedbackMIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid GuruQuick SurveyMIUI Halloween 2017Die-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruXiaomi 8th Anniversary25 Million StrongStar Of TechnologyYouth PledgeUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMaster Of Technology

00:30, Nov-11-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
Interesting

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
Online time
52 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi Band 2Yi Action CameraMijia Qi CycleMagic CubeUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!Fantastic!Super SundayPuzzle MasterWomen's Day MedalMIUI Forum App3500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalRingolicious MedalRocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Singles' DayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI P2 Million Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI SMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy Diwali300K Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali MIUI 2017Super MondayGamer Mi BunnyMr. DependableOTA Feedback5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI KingMIUI Weekly Devices QuizQuick SurveyMi TalentTheme TalentMIUI FB FollowerXiaomi 8th AnniversarySurprise9 Million Forum MembersBlack SharkNougatMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI SuperstarAndroid GuruOreoMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyUpdates Lover25 Million StrongDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerDebate Master8 Million Forum MembersRingtone ExpertAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverStar WarsMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat2017 Annual Awards

13:27, Oct-11-2017 | From PC
|
This helped a lot       

Elite Member

I am proud to be Ottoman

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5A
Online time
974 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi ScaleMi Selfie StickMi Notebook AirMi TV 70Mi BoxMagic CubeMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMi VRMi  BunnyMijia Qi CycleMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Electric ScooterNinebot MiniMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Plastic In-ear PhonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia 360° Panoramic CameraYi Action CameraMi HeadphonesMi Kids WatchMi Band 2Mijia VR Play 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 8Redmi 3Xiaomi Mi 6Mi Pad 3Redmi Note 2Mi 5 ProMi MIXMi 4SRedmi NoteRedmi Note 3Mi Pad 2Redmi 1SMi PadMi 5Mi 5sRedmi 2Mi Note ProMi Note 2Mi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi 5cRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersMi 5s PlusXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 4XRedmi 3SRedmi 4/Prime/4AMi NoteMi 5XMi Max Mi 4cRedmi ProMi TVRedmi Note 4Mi Max 2Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI World TourMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper MondaySuper TuesdayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From NepalHappy Singles' Day90000 Forum Members2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 2017Super SaturdayMIUI Font LoverSuper ThursdayHappy Holi MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Happy MedalSurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalPuzzle MasterWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySuper Friday300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesDiwali Happy DiwaliRingolicious MedalMerry ChristmasHappy New Year100k Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 100 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI S1st AnniversaryMIUI PFan Of MIUI SpainXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupFan Of MIUI UkraineMIUI 20 Million UsersHilal Ramadan 3500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI AustraliaSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewRedmi Note 5A/PrimeMi Note 3MIUI Quick DiscussionOreoSurpriseRedmi Y1/LiteXiaomi 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum MembersTechnology GuruQuick SurveyBlack SharkMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Wars8 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsDebate MasterAndroid ElfMi MIX 2Nougat7 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum MembersMi 5XMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2017Youth PledgeForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMIUI FollowerMost Popular Forum UserMIUI SuperstarMi TalentRedmi 5AMIUI KingRingtone Star OTA FeedbackMaster Of TechnologyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMr. DependableRingtone ExpertMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertStar Of TechnologyIndonesia Independence DayUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master India Independence Day25 Million StrongMi Story Teller

11:33, May-14-2017 | From PC
|

1.  This helped a lot, thank you

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
27 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving DayMIUI 7th Anniversary600K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverDebate MasterAndroid GuruMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfMIUI Twitter Follower

20:23, Apr-26-2017 | From PC
|
thank you
but i have a serious problem
my phone half screen is not working and i have not turn on usb debugging
i flashed a custom rom before it was broke
and had not set the language and other initial settings
when turning on it show button to press but at that place touch dosent works
my otg function is also not working
ANYONE CAN HELP IN THIS ISSUE
THANK YOU FOR READING AND HELPING ME ALL  GENIUS PEOPLE.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 8

11:28, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
But brother what is the BEST PREVENTION, having suffered badly due to this basic flaw in a rather one of the best features phone from Mi

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterMi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI Devices Contest5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppSuper FridayMIUI 2017Super WednesdayWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverSuper MondaySuper TuesdayRocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017Super SaturdaySuper SundayAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfScroll Of Wisdom

16:50, Mar-21-2017 | From Mi 5
|
really usefull information

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list