I am unique just like everybod

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
639 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandFantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 6Mi 3Mi PadMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love 20162014 ChristmasMIUI 100 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersFan MIUI PhilippinesSingapore Birthday1300K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th Anniversary900K Forum Members1400K Forum Members700K Forum Members800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Team MemberUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Super MIUI ThemeForum Contest LoverDebate MasterStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Follower

[Tips and Tutorials] [FIX MI BUNNY] Cracked Your Screen? How to Use Your Phone Without Touch

[ Promote]
46992 189 |
17:47, Feb-18-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by jenz1 at 10:36, Aug-13-2015

fixmi bunny.jpg

Fix Mi Bunny is back with another topic for all of you good people of MiLandia.

But this time, something a little bit different. Just a little background: My beloved carrot themed Mi3's top glass cracked when I accidentally dropped it  from 4 feet high some 2 weeks ago. The LCD was fine but sadly, the capacitive buttons where dead and touchscreen was not responding. I was heart-broken. The nearest service center was 6 hours away and would surely burn a hole in my pocket.

But then it hit me! This would be the perfect excuse to find out how far I can go using my beloved Mi3 without using touch!

276164_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Challenge-Accepted_1920x1080.jpg

So lets do this!
Solution 1: USB OTG and Wireless Mouse Combo!

IMG_2052.JPG

What you need:
USB OTG cable and Wireless mouse (preferably a three-button scroll mouse)

So using a mouse, you can navigate and click anywhere on the screen much the same way you use your fingers to touch the screen.
Navigating is fairly easy, right click SELECTs items, left click work as a BACK button and middle click works as HOME key.
cap3.png

Some draw backs though:
- Typing is hell while using the mouse as you'd be clicking on each letter (unless you're using Swype keyboard or something similar, then typing becomes bearable)
- No multi-touch gestures here. Just plain, good 'ol fashion mouse swiping action.

Solution 2: Use a Mi-Key
mickey.png
Oooops! Sorry. Wrong Mikey

_01_1_1.jpg
Ahhh... there we go...

What you need:
- Mi-Key and Mi-Click app

Download Latest English Mi-Click App here: http://d-h.st/zwXg
So assuming you have a mi-key and MiClick installed, you can use the mi-key to simulate hardware keys or open/launch an application. here I used Mi-Key as a control panel/capacitive button. Then used the other clicks to open apps i usually use an need.

MI_20150218_164309.png mikey1.png

(Note: set your phone to go directly to homescreen from lock state. It'll save you the trouble of hooking up your mouse just to "swipe up to unlock")

You CAN'T do much with the Mi-Key alone though. it's very limited. but at least you have the power to open apps like the camera and shoot some pictures. or select the music player and entertain yourself to get your mind off your broken phone hehe.

Solution 3: Easy Touch

Download Easy Touch from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shere.easytouch.holo

My phone's touchscreen wasn't totally useless as there's still a small part that responded to touch. (mark with the yellow "X") So I tried to find a way i can use that small real estate of touch, went to Google play and there I discovered Easy-Touch.
P1030831.jpg

Easy touch is somewhat like the Assistive Touch found on iOS, but takes it a step further by giving you full customization.
Here i set it up to have the same layout  as the phone's capacitive buttons. I also placed an Apps and Settings shortcut in case i need to access both.

MI_20150218_165956.png et_2.png

You can really do a lot of things with Easy Touch and its customization is superb. I recommend you try it even if your phone is working perfectly. You might just like it.

BTW, you need ROOT access for some function of Easy Touch to work. You also have to set permission for pop up notification to "ALLOW"
easytouch permission.png

Solution 4: MiPhone Manager

cap1.PNG

What you need:
- A PC (Windows XP or higher)
- A USB cable and MiPhone Manager
Download the latest English MiPhone Manager here: http://en.miui.com/thread-55321-1-1.html

Did you know that Mi Phone Manager comes with an emulator (or remote play window or an I-use-it-but-I-don't-know-what's-it-called-thingy) where you can control you're phone with your PC's mouse and keyboard?

Just install Mi Phone manager and connect your phone to your computer. Then just click on the "Play" below the image of the phone in MiPhone Manager. Wait for it to load and viola! You can now completely control your phone.

cap2.PNG

The good thing about this setup is you wont have any trouble with typing, since you're using a full keyboard and the mouse just makes navigating your phone a breeze! Of course there are cons to this setup too, such as you can't remove it from the PC while your using it or the PC's screen is not so high resolution compared to your phone so pictures or images you view onscreen are a bit blurry.

There are still other ways you can control your phone without the need for touch but I didn't get to try. Like connecting a bluetooth keyboard and mouse or if your capacitive buttons are functional and a part of your screen is still functioning, use One Hand Mode.

You can try to combine any of the Solution I mentioned above and see what works for you. But ultimately you would have to choose to have it fixed or replaced.

I really hope you guys wont come to the point where you'd suffer the same fate as my Mi3, but if you do, then you know you can still use your phone even without touch. Always remember the saying:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

So don't skimp on protection such as protective case and tempered glass. It just might save your phone's life!

Do you have any solution for controlling your phone without touch? Did you find this thread interesting or helpful? Sound off below. This is Fix Mi Bunny, always Hop-py to help!

Other FIX Mi Bunny Quick Fix and Life Hacks:
Camera Flash Flooding/White Wash on Images - Quick Fix
Fix Messaging Force Close When Sending to Short Numbers
DIY Mobilephone Stand Life Hack
Explorer Crashing after Update to DevROM 5.1.30 Quick Fix
Running Out of Juice? Use your phone as an emerency powerbank

Thanks to ingbrzy of xiaomi.eu for the mi-key app link, @magdag for the English MiPhone Manager and to Mi Philippines for getting me and my Mi3 on our feet again.

Single-option Poll, 350 members voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite25 Share

Rated by 71 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

vijopv83 + 2 Great!
veaomi + 1 Great!
mav81 + 1 Awesome!
bk_220021 + 1 Great!
darthjedi + 1 Awesome!
LauEugen + 1 Thanks!
reddy.shyam + 1 Awesome!
saurabh999999 + 2 Awesome!
blusoft + 5 Awesome!
azrine + 1 Fantastic!
Kkhanna + 1 Great!
MiAwais + 5 Great!
rammymishra + 5 Thanks!
muharrem + 1 Thanks!
ashwingoyal273 + 1 Fantastic!
chgbhat + 1 Fantastic!
HaRust + 1 Great!
tom357 + 1 Fantastic!
sukest + 4 Thanks!
vasiltsovmax + 1 Great!
sadhevneo + 1 Fantastic!
Denio7 + 2 Awesome work!!!
wolivie + 2 Great!
tvsuma + 1 Great!
Vardhan@094 + 5 Thanks!
lijo_1 + 5 Awesome!
iamvamc + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +233  Prestige +25  View Rating Log

http://jenietomboc.wix.com/portfolio

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
V9.0.7.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi Note 4XMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI Fan From Philippines2017 Annual AwardsStar Of TechnologyMIUI Follower

17:45, Jan-10-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Very helpful, maybe I'll try this later. thanks for sharing

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
MIUI Version
V8.5.8.0.NCFMIED
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi  BunnyMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi Note 4XMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI 9MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomStar Of Technology

21:50, Nov-16-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
searjohn replied at 2017-4-26 20:23
thank you
but i have a serious problem
my phone half screen is not working and i have not turn on  ...

Try to auto rotate the screen, the button that you mentioned might fall to the working part of the screen.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
MIUI Version
V8.5.8.0.NCFMIED
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi  BunnyMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi Note 4XMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI 9MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat2017 Annual AwardsScroll Of WisdomStar Of Technology

21:45, Nov-16-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
It might come handy someday for me, and I already knew some of what is said in this thread, accidents do happen, our fully protected phone with protective case and tempered glass can be damaged by accident..

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
V8.5.4.0.MAGMIED
Online time
324 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi TV 70Unlock MedalMijia Walkie TalkieMi ScaleMi HomeMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HeadphonesMagic CubeMi MIXMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicRedmi NoteMi 4iMi 5Mi 5sMi 4SXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 4Mi 4cMi Max 2Redmi 3MIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From PhilippinesSuper MondayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 2017MIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017Diwali Rocket to FutureHappy New YearHappy DiwaliSummer Mi BunnyMIUI Follower25 Million StrongAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruRingtone ExpertTheme TalentOTA FeedbackMr. DependableMost Active MIUIerMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid Elf2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Halloween 2017Debate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of Wisdom

00:24, Nov-15-2017 | From Mi 5s
|
Very very interesting, add to favorites.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMagic CubeMi Band 2Mijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Merry ChristmasMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 2017Rocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesGamer Mi Bunny25 Million StrongMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Halloween 2017Youth PledgeOTA FeedbackMr. DependableMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentAndroid GuruAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMi Story TellerMaster Of TechnologyRingtone ExpertStar Of Technology

00:30, Nov-11-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
Interesting

Banned to post

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
40 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMijia Qi CycleUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIMarshmallowFlashholicMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper SundayPuzzle MasterRocket to Future3500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 100 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017Ringolicious MedalDiwali Happy DiwaliSuper MondayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Happy MedalGamer Mi BunnyScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Halloween 2017Android GuruMr. DependableOTA FeedbackMIUI G+ FollowerTheme TalentAndroid ElfRingtone ExpertMIUI Follower25 Million StrongStar Of TechnologyUpdates Lover2017 Annual AwardsMi Story TellerTechnology Guru

13:27, Oct-11-2017 | From PC
|
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

Elite Member

I am proud to be Ottoman

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
MIUI Version
V8.5.6.0.NDDMIED
Online time
783 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMagic CubeMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Qi CycleMi Notebook AirMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Electric ScooterMi MIXMi HeadphonesMijia VR Play 2Mi Band 2Mi ScaleNinebot MiniMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BoxMi TV 70Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!AnTuTuMIUI 2016Awesome!I Love MIUIFlashholicMarshmallowMi 5s PlusMi Max Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 34 Million Forum MembersMi Pad 3Mi Note ProMi 5 ProXiaomi Mi 6Mi Note 2Mi 5cRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Redmi Note 4XMi MIXRedmi 4XMi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionRedmi ProMi 4cMi 5XMi Pad 2Redmi 1SMi 5Mi 5sRedmi Note 3Mi 4SRedmi Note 4Mi Max 2Redmi 3SRedmi 4/Prime/4ARedmi NoteMi NoteMi PadSuper SundayMIUI Font Lover90000 Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsWomen's Day MedalPuzzle MasterSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from IndiaRocket to FutureSuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper MondaySurge S1Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI World TourMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan From NepalSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3500K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9Ataturk MourningFan Of MIUI Greece100k Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI 50 Million UsersCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI SMIUI 7th AnniversaryDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Philippines1st AnniversaryRingolicious MedalMIUI PMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Fan From Myanmar300K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI UkraineFan Of MIUI AustraliaFan Of MIUI SpainGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerRedmi Note 5A/PrimeMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMi MIX 2MIUI Twitter FollowerIndia Independence DayMost Popular Forum UserMIUI SuperstarForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMaster Of TechnologyMi Talent2017 Annual AwardsMIUI KingRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Follower25 Million StrongUpdates LoverIndonesia Independence DayRingtone ExpertMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMr. Dependable

11:33, May-14-2017 | From PC
|

1.  This helped a lot, thank you

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
27 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 7th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 100 Million Users600K Forum MembersThanksgiving DaySummer Mi BunnyForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterMIUI Twitter Follower

20:23, Apr-26-2017 | From PC
|
thank you
but i have a serious problem
my phone half screen is not working and i have not turn on usb debugging
i flashed a custom rom before it was broke
and had not set the language and other initial settings
when turning on it show button to press but at that place touch dosent works
my otg function is also not working
ANYONE CAN HELP IN THIS ISSUE
THANK YOU FOR READING AND HELPING ME ALL  GENIUS PEOPLE.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 8

11:28, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
But brother what is the BEST PREVENTION, having suffered badly due to this basic flaw in a rather one of the best features phone from Mi

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.2.0.MAAMIDI
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterMi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI Devices Contest5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppSuper FridayMIUI 2017Super WednesdayWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverSuper MondaySuper TuesdayRocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017Super SaturdaySuper SundayAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfScroll Of Wisdom

16:50, Mar-21-2017 | From Mi 5
|
really usefull information

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list