Author: PerezChilli

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMi 5Surge S1Super WednesdaySuper FridayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper ThursdayPuzzle MasterMIUI 7th Anniversary3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App Installs90000 Forum MembersMIUI 2017Super TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundaySuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppSuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayRocket to FutureYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerDebate Master

Author| 21:14, Sep-14-2017 | From Mi 5
|
Ramos_92 replied at 2017-9-14 21:11
if you use the program XiaoMiTool will not you change that shop rom?

No, you'll get a brick and stuck in 900E Diagnostics mode forever.
Nizhny Novgorod 152 Russia

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM
21:41, Sep-14-2017 | From PC
|
see the step by step how to use this program ... is in Portuguese
https://www.facebook.com/notes/xiaomi-brasil-20/xiaomitool-t%C3%B3pico-dedicado-em-constru%C3%A7%C3%A3o/1562531573806213/

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMi 5Surge S1Super WednesdaySuper FridayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper ThursdayPuzzle MasterMIUI 7th Anniversary3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App Installs90000 Forum MembersMIUI 2017Super TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundaySuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppSuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayRocket to FutureYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerDebate Master

Author| 23:21, Sep-14-2017 | From Mi 5
|
Ramos_92 replied at 2017-9-14 21:41
see the step by step how to use this program ... is in Portuguese
https://www.facebook.com/notes/xia ...

I know how to use it. But if you have type 2/3 devices you'll get a brick. The reason is that this phones have hacked bootloader and won't work with original one. I repeat: there are no way to restore device from 900E brick at the moment!

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Mi 5XMIUI FollowerMi 5X

02:40, Sep-15-2017 | From PC
|
PerezChilli replied at 2017-9-14 23:21
I know how to use it. But if you have type 2/3 devices you'll get a brick. The reason is that this ...

What I want to know is  does Xiaomi knows about this ? and are they going to release a fix for those fake ROM's ???

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Author| 02:42, Sep-15-2017 | From PC
|
HusseinCIA replied at 2017-9-15 02:40
What I want to know is  does Xiaomi knows about this ? and are they going to release a fix for tho ...

Maybe yes and maybe no. We don't know... But I recommend you to return your phone to the shop.

Check out this semi-unbrick guide: http://en.miui.com/thread-844022-1-1.html

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Mi 5XMIUI FollowerMi 5X

03:12, Sep-15-2017 | From PC
|
PerezChilli replied at 2017-9-15 02:42
Maybe yes and maybe no. We don't know... But I recommend you to return your phone to the shop.

Ch ...

I contacted the seller and he told me this

Hi Hussein,
Sorry you might be misunderstanding.
1.There's no official global stable rom and we flashed the official testing rom.
It's also official global rom and it's not fake.
2.You could see multilanguage in this rom and may I know what's wrong with the phone?
Please take a video to show us issue clearly, then dial *#06# to show us imei number.
3.If you really don't like the gloabl testing rom then you can flash it back to CN rom:
http://en.miui.com/download-329.html
But there are only Chinese and English in it.
Hope you understand.

So I can flash it according to him >>???

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Author| 06:15, Sep-15-2017 | From Mi 5
|
HusseinCIA replied at 2017-9-15 03:12
I contacted the seller and he told me this

Hi Hussein,

What device type do you have? What ROM is installed now?

Credits
Device
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM
02:33, Sep-16-2017 | Via mobile
|
I have the MI 5x too with the 8.5.6.0.0. Should I just wait it out for a fix? I contacted geekbuying and they just sent me the same firmware they've sent other people. So I'm not gonna mess with it. What should I do? Do you believe it is actually just a testing ROM?

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Author| 04:55, Sep-16-2017 | From Mi 5
|
seanhorner95 replied at 2017-9-16 02:33
I have the MI 5x too with the 8.5.6.0.0. Should I just wait it out for a fix? I contacted geekbuying ...

At this moment there is semi-solution - custom 7.9.7 ROM without possibility of updates. Theoretically Xiaomi can fix this issue, but will it be? I think they are working with it cause unlocking progress was stopped for this phone, so we're all waiting. I really recommend you to send your phone back to Geekbuying and buy another one with official EN-CN firmware. If you can't, you can install modded 7.9.7 firmware carefully or continue to use installed fake one. But you shouldn't update or unlock your phone. Thank you.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

Author| 08:01, Sep-16-2017 | From PC
|
UPDATE 16/09/17: today I can totally conclude, that this type of phones have unlocked bootloader from Mi Max 2. aboot partition from Mi Max 2 has higher version compared to original one. When the phone starts with aboot from Mi Max 2, it overrides several blocks of memory (?) in SoC QFPROM (?) and after that aboot from Mi 5X can't be started by SBL (Seconadary Bootloader) caused updated blocks: SBL don't pass outdated aboot and falls in 900E diagnostics mode. This is a form of aboot downgrade protection. Today the ball is on Xiaomi side: they should provide a solution to install updated aboot.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list