Retired Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
2539 Hours
Send PM

[Tips & Tutorials] About MIUI Stable Version Beta Updates. Explanation and Guidance

[ Promote]
18901 93 |
11:49, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hi MIUIers, with its development, MIUI now has so many different versions, and it may be a bit confusing. If you have doubts about the different MIUI versions, please check these threads:
MIUI ROM FAQ: Recovery/Fastboot/Global ROMs explained
Different MIUI versions explained: Developer/Stable/Ported/Local ROMs

Here I want to talk about the beta updates for MIUI Stable version.

We don't have a beta team to test stable version beta updates in the forum. But we need more people to test it, so beta updates for MIUI stable versions will be released to a part of normal users (30% of all users for example) (How to get beta update for MIUI Stable version). Some users don't know that they have access to beta updates, and this has caused some problems before.

Please note that, if you're not a special team member, but you received a update named 'Nightly', or you got a update but others using the same device from your country didn't, then you've got a beta update. And please Do Not post the ROM download link on the forum, otherwise you'll be dealt with as leaking beta ROMs.

After getting the beta updates, if you find some bugs, please report here following the given format. And please make sure to choose the correct device and ROM version. Before posting a thread, please make sure it's really a bug (MIUI Bugs Guideline:-Please Read before Posting a Bug), otherwise your thread will be moved or deleted.

Please drop me a message if you didn't find your ROM version in the dropdown list.
164142bc1hcfc1xb8dyzxh.gif
Favorite9 Share

Rated by 28 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

garcev85 + 1 Awesome!
Red1611 + 1 Great!
GornostaiKa + 1 Thanks!
AJIT-REDDY + 1 Great!
AshesToAshes + 1 Awesome!
ShobyX96 + 5 Thanks!
dickyap + 4 Thanks!
D14L + 1 Great!
muharrem + 1 Thanks!
werswet + 2 Awesome!
c345y + 1 Great!
DV_MII + 1 Fantastic!
JoReb + 3 Thanks!
KMGANAPATHI + 1 Thanks!
ATP:RedRice + 5 Agreed!
Harry0916 + 1 Great!
imsanjay + 1 Great!
Kaysince1991 + 5 Fantastic!
ussmrg + 3 Agreed!
khamilmoknah + 5 Awesome!
patanupam + 1 Thanks!
Jmouli + 1 Thanks!
alokem + 5 Awesome!
luvxiaomi + 5 Agreed!
SyamKP + 5 Thanks!
prasanna.kondle + 5 Fantastic!
GR33dyBlackie + 3 Fantastic!

Experience +84  Prestige +5  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
3141 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 2015Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersRedmi NoteRedmi300K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan from IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalI Love 2016I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Porting TeamMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentStar Of TechnologyMIUI Global Forum 2014Pioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMost Popular Porting DeveloperForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIerMIUI Community VIP

10:43, Feb-11-2015 | From PC
|
I think, there are some points to ponder in the post by @aremeis.

Some of the things that flashed through my mind..

1. How someone should receive Beta updates, if he/she is not a member of Special Team as questioned by @aremeis?
2. Due dilegence is required in the selection of Special Team/Beta member as the ROMs are getting leaked immediately on release.
3. Bug reporting is messy now and needs to be organized. Previous seggregation of Beta/Stable/Developer version of bugs was good for search.
4. Lot of bug reports are duplicated and require clean up and I personally prefer a single thread for the release with a summary of bugs as the first post.
5. It was made mandatory that the bugs shall be discussed over QQ group and confirm with others before posting the bug report.
6. Lot of members are shown in Beta Team and are not found even over QQ group
7. This shall be strictly followed, that first ask them to join the group and thereafter promote them to the Special/Beta Team

Admins and moderators please take care...
We are here to support and make MIUI a better one as always..

@meredithhan, @Iyengar

Please click [Reply] below so that I will get a Notification.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
289 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMIUI 2015I Love MIUIRedmi 2Redmi600K Forum Members300K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Star Of IconsHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014

10:07, Feb-10-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by aremeis at 11:37, Feb-10-2015
Please note that, if you're not a special team member, but you received a update named 'Nightly', or you got a update but others using the same device from your country didn't, then you've got a beta update.

There will be no fire if there's no spark in the first place and while I find your thread informative, I wonder if you had stopped to think for a moment how a user could actually receive this update in the first place. It is obvious that there is some mishandling of the Beta ROM and I hate to say this but it is certainly on your administration here to find the answers within.

You may not see the gravity of the issue but from the security discerning, your office is very careless and negligent with sensitive materials. In your world, there's really no need for hackers or spies to conduct espionage since people within your midst can offer up sensitive information "VOLUNTARILY". So for heaven's sake, exercise some prudence and due diligence here.

then you've got a beta update. And please Do Not post the ROM or the changelog on the forum, otherwise you'll be dealt with as leaking beta ROMs.

I wonder how is this going to be on the thread starter when YOU PERSONALLY include a comprehensive instruction on "How to get beta update for MIUI Stable version" with link attached for all users to access and use and "ABUSE". As a Beta Tester, I remembered clearly being told that these Beta versions are not accessible by the general public and hence observe a strict code of secrecy conduct, but alas we can see the "lawmakers" making and breaking that same law.

Are we making the saying "laws are meant to broken" become a reality here?

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
979 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi HeadphonesMi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniMi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 6MIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SRedmi NoteMi 3Xiaomi 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1st AnniversaryMIUI 7th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 9Super TuesdayMIUI Fan From Indonesia2014 ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearAtaturk Mourning1 Million Forum App Installs700K Forum MembersMalaysia Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 2017I Love 2016Happy Valentine's DayDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI ReviewClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfInbox ZeroYouth PledgeMIUI Community VIPDebate MasterUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FollowerSuper ModeratorOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Wallpaper ExpertStar Bug FinderMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Star Of IconsMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMi Talent2017 Annual Awards

11:53, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
Very clear explainations. Thanks!
Follow My Blog for All My Xiaomi Reviews and Unboxings Here!

Supreme Member

It has Begun

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
1070 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi BandMIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 7Mi TVXiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi 3Redmi 1SRedmiMi PadRedmi 3Mi NoteRedmi Note 2Mi 4cRedmi 2Mi 4i2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's DayDiwali MIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI 100 Million Users300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMalaysia Anniversary900K Forum MembersFan of MIUI Myanmar1 Million Forum MembersSingapore Birthday800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From Brazil1st AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 50 Million UsersHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography GuruAndroid GuruStar Of IconsMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackRingtone MasterRingtone Star Super ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterRingtone TalentUpdates LoverYouth PledgeRedmi Quiz MasterInbox ZeroHumor Master

11:57, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
thanks
TRUE WARRIOR WILL NEVER GIVE UP!

Supreme Member

INDIAN SUBFORUM |PRE OTA

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
1179 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyMi WiFi RouterAwesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6FlashholicI Love MIUIRedmiRedmi 2Mi 3Mi TVRedmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi Pad2014 Christmas1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryDiwali MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Happy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaThanksgiving Day300K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersSingapore BirthdayHappy Valentine's DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 6th Anniversary700K Forum Members600K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan500K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Beta TeamMi TalentRedmi Note 3 ExplorerHumor MasterYouth PledgeAndroid ElfInbox ZeroForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of Icons

12:02, Feb-03-2015 | Via mobile
|
Very  well  explained

Super moderator

君子之交,淡如水!

Credits
Device
Mi 1
Online time
2308 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi T-ShirtMi Water PurifierNinebot MiniUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi MIXMi VR HeadsetMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi BandMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Air PurifierMi Power BankMi HomeMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia IHP Rice CookerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi USB FanMijia Electric ScooterMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 6FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 2015MIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!AnTuTuI Love MIUIMi Max Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 3Mi 4SMi NoteMi 5Mi Note ProMi 5sMi 5s LaunchRedmi 2RedmiRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersRedmi ProMi 4iRedmi NoteMi TVMi MIXHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayHappy Diwali5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 4th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasUEFA EURO Medal1 Million Forum MembersHilal Ramadan 2014 ChristmasSingapore Birthday900K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI V5 Review800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from IndiaXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Philippines500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Turkey300K Forum Members1300K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper Thursday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsPuzzle MasterMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World TourSuper TuesdaySuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Marathon MedalSuper Wednesday3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Super MondayRocket to FutureSuper FridayMIUI 2017Singapore Merlion MedalI Love 20162100K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1 Million Forum App InstallsDiwali MIUI Font LoverMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 300 WeeksSurge S11700K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UkrainePokemon Master MedalCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 9MIUI 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersSuper SundayMid-Autumn FestivalGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeDiamond Super ModeratorMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid ElfStar Of MIUI Device TeamXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Global Forum 2014Ringtone Star MIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat2017 Annual AwardsTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertStar Of IconsMr. DependableHumor MasterMi Story TellerMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerUpdates LoverDebate MasterMost Active MIUIerApp TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI King

12:03, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
awesome guide by admin @@meredith

For note 4G's users, you can refer to this thread
http://en.miui.com/thread-81109-1-1.html

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
112 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 6MIUI 2015Redmi NoteFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Android ElfMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI Fan

12:11, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
Well explained thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
78 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi KeyMIUI 2016MIUI 6Mi NoteFan Of MIUI India2014 ChristmasHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum

12:25, Feb-03-2015 | Via mobile
|
Thanks

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
1776 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi WiFi RouterMi BandMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankFlashholicFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2015Awesome!Mi NoteRedmi Note 2Mi 3Redmi 1SMi TVXiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi 2Redmi NoteMi Note ProMi 4iRedmi 2Mi 1Mi PadMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali Thanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from Malaysia2014 ChristmasAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' Day300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From Brazil600K Forum Members900K Forum Members800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruUpdates LoverMi TalentHumor MasterForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIer

12:30, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
Good Guide thanks for sharing

Always Believe That Something Wonderful About to Happen...

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
231 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMi KeyFlashholicMIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 7Mi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi NoteRedmi 2Mi Note ProRedmi Note 2Mi 4iMi 3MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving Day800K Forum Members500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day700K Forum Members600K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Android GuruMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterAndroid Elf

12:41, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
thanks

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1812 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtNinebot MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi WiFi Router MiniMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyUnlock MedalMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi HomeMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuFlashholicMIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI 8Mi 4iMi 4cRedmi 3Mi Note ProRedmi Note 3Redmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Redmi 1SRedmi Note 2Redmi NoteMi NoteMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Italy700K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From Philippines300K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI Russia500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 9Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from Turkey600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaRocket to FutureMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI Fan From Nepal10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum App1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Merry Christmas2100K Forum Members900K Forum Members1st Anniversary800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India1500K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Happy MedalHappy Singles' DayGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta team - IndiaHappy 2019MIUI KingBlack SharkMIUI 8th Anniversary13 Million Forum MembersMaster Of Technology6 Million Forum MembersDual CameraOreoMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Superstar9 Million Forum MembersPOCO F1MIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master Redmi Note 3 ExplorerAndroid GuruNougatMi Lover MedalInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruHumor MasterMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfForum Contest Lover8 Million Forum MembersStar WarsDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI G+ Follower

12:49, Feb-03-2015 | From PC
|
Thanks for the update Bro...Will keep this in mind...
Respect comes from Knowledge...Period

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list