| This post was edited by raviki at 18:46, Jan-26-2015 |
One of the big complaints we all had about the Xiaomi Redmi 2 was the lack of RAM. Xiaomi announced the Xiaomi Redmi 2 not so long ago to a mixed reception from fans around the world. The general opinion is that the Redmi 2 is a good phone for the low asking price, but not the successor we were hoping for. One of the issues was that fact the 699 Yuan phone boasts just 1GB RAM, at a time where most similar phones are starting to see an increase to 2GB RAM.
But No More Worries !! Xiaomi Heard You MI Fans !!!
Lei Jun, CEO of Xiaomi today (26 Jan) posted in his Weibo account that, Xiaomi has upgraded Redmi 2 Phone with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB Internal Storage Memory.
Redmi 2 Specifications
- 4.7" screen size, IPS display, 1280x720 resolutiton, 312 PPI
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 64-bit processor
- Dual-SIM with 2 card-slots, standing by concurrently
- 2GB RAM, 16GB flash memory, expandable micro sd card slot of upto 32GB,
- Cortex A53 structure, 1.5 times faster than A7
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and 3.5mm headset audio jack,
- Dual-SIM 4G LTE (TDD/ FDD), connection speed up to 150 Mbps
- 2200 mAh Samsung Lithium polymer battery
- 8 mega pixel rear camera, 2 mega pixel facing camera
- 133g, 9.4 mm thick
- 5 colors for back cover
- MIUI 6