Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
Online time
2413 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi BandMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi VRMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 2016FlashholicMIUI 6MIUI 2015RedmiMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi 1Mi 3Mi 4i300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningMIUI HalloweenHappy Singles' Day2014 ChristmasMIUI 20 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million UsersDiwali MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 201390000 Forum Members1st AnniversaryFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 3rd Anniversary100k Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesThanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's Day1 Million Forum MembersSuper Thursday1 Million Forum App Installs800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love 2016Super MondayMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum Members700K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil3500K Forum MembersSuper Saturday600K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta Team VIPMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyStar Bug FinderAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerMIUI KingMIUI Translation ContributorMi TalentUpdates LoverOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI G+ FollowerYouth PledgeAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerSuper ModeratorMIUI Community VIPStar Of IconsDebate MasterSenior Beta TesterMr. DependableBest ArticleStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamMIUI Expert

[Tips & Tutorials] I think my ISP know more about me .. than "ME

[ Promote]
3820 59 |
11:23, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Iyengar at 08:53, Jan-21-2015

Folks,

EYE.png

Internet addiction disorder (IAD) is one thing; simply fearing for everything another thing. I don't usually get scared unless it involves leaked information which could be potentially harmful to my immediate family or my career. That being said having all your information in one place is part of what makes the Internet is so useful. Ton's of your personal selfies or family pics are uploaded or stored in cloud. More over you publicly share common interests via Tweets and Facebook posts, or access banking accounts and statements through email.

I'm not devil's advocate, but then, this is good. It all adds up to a lot of potentially vulnerable information on the Web. Do you know how much of your information is on the Internet? Do you know whether or not it's secure?

Just imagine this "Who's Got Dirt On You".

If I were "governament" aside from Facebook and Instagram, I could be featured in the Google Street View pictures; the site has over five million miles of images. Man oh Man "It used to have more information on individuals, but allegedly disposed of it when the company got into trouble in 2010 and ended up coughing seven million dollar settlement for the affair in 2013. If we just focus on Google now....

My Google Account - I bet you have one, too.

Ever logged in to an Android phone or tablet, used Gmail, or used YouTube as a registered user? Playstore anyone?

Not that I am playing victim here, but then in order for Google to put a name on me, I have to have a Google account. Without one Google may well have anonymous data about me as a cookie on a laptop- or smartphone browser, but it is impossible to know what data that is (just as it is impossible for Google to know who you actually are). Not until an Private Investigator is riding my back.

The Search Engine (the next thing to my Wife) & Acct Info

Google Search & my wife knows them all.

Don't ask me how, I'm yet to understand it.

Google used to be only a search engine (for a very long time). Almost certainly I still use Google Search, a lot (daily more or less). Yeap, Google collects a lot of data about the searches I make, as it says a lot about me. Sign in and head over to https://www.google.com/history/ and view the search history that Google holds about . It's actually quite scary to see what Google knows I searched for. You may wanna check out YouTube search history at https://www.youtube.com/feed/history/search_history. Man keeping safe search OFF can reveal alot....

What was that site? OnlyforMen is it? not anymore huh? I just fell trap to that HONEYPOT and probably would have given credit card details .... My wife knocked the door before that. Close Shave....

I bet you DO NOT WANT YOUR BOSS OR WIFE to know what searched late office hours or when your wife was away shopping.

Ohhh, So what Google thinks it knows about ME ????.

Although they say "What happens in Vegas; Stays in Vegas". This is where it got me interesting. And also where I can find the ability to opt-in and -out of interest-based advertising. The principle reason Google tracks all this data about me is so that it can more successfully bombard me with ads, in order to pay for the free services I may access. Depending on my viewpoint (or demographic) this is either a sinister menace or a cool way of getting free stuff. My workplace routes me via UK and my personal PC uses local ISP.

Not that I'm confusing Google, but it is interesting to find out just what Google thinks it knows about me, and how it uses that to target ads my way.  Sign in and head to http://www.google.com/settings/ads/ . we will see what Google considers to be your gender and age, as well as your interests.

Good for me, I have opted-out of all this mess and trying to be live life more peacefully.... Not that I am trying to be ZEN

If you wish the same, Simply head over to the Google Analytics opt out page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Hope you find your peace

What devices, apps and services have access to my Google data...

In many ways this is the most important test of all of us. One of the benefits of Android is that it lets us know what permissions are required by each app we install on Android. But we encounter myriad Google apps and services on multiple devices. This page: https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions lists the devices and services, and what access they have. Click on a listed device and you can see further details and the opportunity to revoke, on the right hand side.

I have previously pointed out the scary permission level a simple app like installing a Torch app would need. Had you missed head over to read my paranoia thread CLICK ME

Am I being followed...

18d3qnk57r2u8jpg.jpg

The question perhaps taunts me more often than my wife's monthly credit card expense... Well she was smart enough to find a person who fits her bill. But.....

One of the options available from the Google Settings Dashboard outlined above, is the ability to find out where Google thinks you have been. You can head there directly at https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/.

Interestingly it showed me all the locations I recently traveled for past 30 days. Call me paranoia.. the Google drones are over your heads. You just cannot see them yet.

On closing... I would want to point out to the fact that, although you are not followed physically; the gaint Google can mine your emails and Drive documents, track your browsing history, track the videos you watch on YouTube, obtain your WiFi passwords and much more. Although google points to the fact that the data collected is merely interest is serving ads, and in this sense an accurate profile might be perceived; We users cannot shake the very fact that the data collection is always a privacy issue because there are organizations that can compel data from those who hold it, either through legal finagling or by force. You do not have to hold weapon to my face anymore.

Don't you worry... Sleepless nights are too far fetched... You, Me are not social highlights to fear for it as in yet.

Check you Google Dashboard Today. Perhaps you are already being followed......

Going Offline in 3, 2, 1.....

Iyengar
Favorite2 Share

Rated by 29 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

LeandroMaran + 1 Agreed!
chuenli + 5 Awesome!
prasadg83 + 5 Fantastic!
khamsakamal48 + 10 + 1 Agreed!
saosin + 5 Thanks!
luvxiaomi + 5 Awesome!
Adithya16 + 5 Awesome!
Gerkhulet + 2 Fantastic!
rocco6 + 5 Thanks!
kennyanthony8 + 3 Awesome!
TheDorkKnight + 2 Agreed!
iamvamc + 5 Fantastic!
pothers + 2 Fantastic!
AdityABhandari + 5 Fantastic!
akshayAXE + 3 Fantastic!
mnas + 2 Fantastic!
Kalesh + 5 Awesome!
Maharshi + 5 Awesome!
Hemantnet + 5 Awesome!
werswet + 2 Awesome!
kulds + 2 Fantastic!
Androfreak + 5 Awesome!
sianman + 10 Awesome!
Ankit786 + 5 Awesome!
muharrem + 1 Awesome!
AkSlnk + 5 Great!
Rajesh13 + 2 Fantastic!

Experience +122  Prestige +5  View Rating Log

Retired

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
1347 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi WiFi Router MiniMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi HomeMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 2015Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Mi NoteRedmi 3Mi Note ProMi 4cRedmi Note 2Redmi NoteRedmi 1SRedmi 2Mi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMIUI Forum App600K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 100 Million Users800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan Rocket to FutureFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan from India1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India1400K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI ItalyMerry Christmas900K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan From NepalFan of MIUI MyanmarHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Beta TeamDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalRedmi Note 3 ExplorerAndroid GuruInbox ZeroHumor MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI G+ FollowerUpdates LoverMi TalentOTA Feedback

11:32, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
Great post Bro...
Respect comes from Knowledge...Period

Elite Member

Fascinated by nature :)

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.KHCMIDL
Online time
677 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi HeadphonesMi BoxMi KeyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 8Mi TVRedmi NoteRedmi 1SRedmiHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI Bangladesh2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from Turkey300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayMIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdayRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy DiwaliSurge S1500K Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersSingapore BirthdayXiaomi 5th Anniversary1st Anniversary1700K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members800K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Lucky FridayMerry ChristmasFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewStar Of IconsUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertMost Active MIUIerInbox ZeroForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master MIUI Follower

11:36, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
So, I'm being followed by invisible eyes
BTW Excellent thread, Iyengar.

Elite Member

Work for tomorrow

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
608 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeMi BoxMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi HomeMi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi HeadphonesMi KeyMi Power BankMi VRMi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 2015I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 6MIUI 2016MarshmallowMi 4cRedmi 2Mi TVRedmiRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Mi PadMi 3Redmi Note 2Mi 4iMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky Friday2014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI HalloweenSuper FridayAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI BangladeshRooster Year of 2017500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Monthly TalkHappy Valentine's DaySurge S1Rocket to FutureMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeSuper Wednesday3500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From Indonesia300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI Happy MedalSuper Thursday1st AnniversarySuper Sunday600K Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World TourMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics Medal1 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum Members900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 300 Weeks1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI ItalyMid-Autumn Festival1700K Forum Members1500K Forum Members800K Forum Members2100K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryI Love 2016MIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI UkraineFan Of MIUI RussiaI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruApp TalentMi Story TellerScroll Of WisdomApp TalentRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroMi Bunny Game Master Master Of TechnologyMIUI KingMIUI Twitter FollowerDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverMi TalentForum Contest LoverStar Of IconsMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerHumor MasterYouth PledgeMIUI Expert

12:06, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
great thread ...thanks for sharing
Love MiUi

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.5.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
110 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 6MIUI 2015Redmi NoteFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Android ElfMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI Fan

12:26, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
great.. thanks for sharing

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
1774 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi WiFi RouterMi BandMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankFlashholicFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2015Awesome!Mi NoteRedmi Note 2Mi 3Redmi 1SMi TVXiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi 2Redmi NoteMi Note ProMi 4iRedmi 2Mi 1Mi PadMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali Thanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from Malaysia2014 ChristmasAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' Day300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's Day600K Forum Members700K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMIUI Halloween800K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1 Million Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamScroll Of WisdomMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterUpdates LoverHumor MasterOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid Guru

12:33, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
Brotehr no one can explaing it in a such a way A important and very needful  infromation with lot of funny quotes

"The Search Engine (the next thing to my Wife) & Acct Info"

"I bet you DO NOT WANT YOUR BOSS OR WIFE to know what searched late office hours or when your wife was away shopping. "
As usual Iyengar brother rocks... Good morning brother...

Always Believe That Something Wonderful About to Happen...

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
188 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 6Xiaomi Mi 4Mi TVRedmi 1SMi NoteRedmi NoteRedmi 3Mi Note ProRedmi 2MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI India2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI Bangladesh500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From Singapore600K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Thanksgiving DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverHumor Master

12:33, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
great article...
Better Late than NEVER
Share Your Knowledge, Not Show Your Knowledge

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
KXDMIBE16.0
Online time
68 Hours
Send PM

Mi 3Fan Of MIUI IndiaAndroid Guru

13:21, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|
Excellent and mind boggling..!!

Elite Member

In Love with MIUI

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.3.0.MHOMIDL
Online time
332 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 6Fantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 8Mi NoteRedmi 1SRedmi NoteRedmi 2Mi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi 4iMi 4cMi 3Mi TVRedmi Note 2MIUI HalloweenFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy Valentine's Day1 Million Forum MembersFan of MIUI MyanmarXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI India2014 Christmas300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From IndonesiaI Love 2016MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy New YearMIUI Fan From Singapore600K Forum MembersMalaysia AnniversaryThanksgiving Day700K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamYouth PledgeMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackMi Bunny Game Master Updates LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfHumor MasterInbox ZeroPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Twitter FollowerRingtone Star Die-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterRingtone Talent

13:26, Jan-21-2015 | Via mobile
|
Great article.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
354 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2015FlashholicFantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMi TVMi 3Mi NoteXiaomi Mi 42014 Christmas300K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI HalloweenMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI V5 Review700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from India600K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Scroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMost Active MIUIer

14:22, Jan-21-2015 | From PC
|

great thread ...thanks for sharing

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list