MIUI Honorary Moderator

Eat, Sleep, Conquer, REPEAT!

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
Online time
1331 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraMi WiFiMi KeyMi HeadphonesMi VRMi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerXiaomi 6 LaunchMi TV 70Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 7AnTuTuMIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicFantastic!Redmi NoteMi 5s PlusRedmi ProRedmi 3SRedmi Note 4Mi 5sPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Poland1800K Forum MembersOlympics MedalMIUI 300 WeeksAtaturk MourningMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMi Live MedalMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliI Love 2016Camera Filter Guru Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI 9Super MondaySuper ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySurge S190000 Forum MembersSuper SaturdayHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Device Mythbusters300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Font LoverSuper SundayHilal Ramadan Thanksgiving DayMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasRocket to FutureRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Friday100k Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI ReviewDebate MasterWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMi TalentMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertMIUI King2017 Annual AwardsTheme TalentAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyApp TalentInbox ZeroRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalMi Story TellerMr. DependableForum Contest LoverMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Honorary ModeratorMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

[Weekly Poll] MIUI Weekly Poll #39: Will 18:9 Aspect Ratio be the Future? Vote Here!

[ Promote]
25518 753 |
18:48, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
797f63c278a0e76b.png

Hello MIUIers!

Welcome to the 39th edition of the MIUI Weekly Poll. Before going ahead with our regular layout, the Weekly Poll team would like to wish admin @candicesu a very happy birthday. Now she knows how it feels like to have a birthday on Monday! It is because of her support that we have completed 39 polls.
16-13-47-happy-birthday-background_1344-43.jpg

Last week @Nig_ZA asked us to choose between split screen and floating window. Here are the results:

IMG_20170821_161556.jpg

Some of the best replies:
  • I love to have floating windows as they can be resized and can be moved.

• why not both? having option to float the second window instead of split screen might be useful for certain apps, especially app complementary to main window e.g calc, currency converter, or notes. so the main window have more space.

• Split Screen is easier to work with but Floating Window has more flexibility. Will be great if Floating Window support zoom in/out within the window itself. Phone screen is becoming bigger now with the support of full screen, support for multi windows will be a trend to improve efficiency.

This week let us discuss about 18:9 aspect ratio.

We first saw this aspect ratio in the LG G6. They tried to shrink the bezels and increase the size of the display at the same time. Samsung S8 also has a similar aspect ratio. Recently LG also announced its Q6 series which is a midrange series having 18:9 ratio and aims to make this aspect ratio the mainstream. There are also rumours about several other OEMs introducing 18:9 aspect ratio to the market.

By using 18:9 ratio, OEMs try to increase the overall size of the display and maintain its single handed usage ability at the same time. We can now see 6'' phones being the standard. Some people who have used the above mentioned phones complain that the display gets too tall and makes it difficult for them to reach its upper edges and hence it prevents them from exploiting the full screen of the phone.

So the question for this week's poll is:

Will 18:9 aspect ratio be the future?
Take part in the below poll and know your choice!

20 best replies will get the MIUI Weekly Poll.
16-17-05-014113swm6m8x3f6iffigf.jpg.thumb.jpg

Previous 5 polls:
1. MIUI Weekly Poll #38: Multiwindow - Split Screen Or Floating Window? Vote Here!
2. MIUI Weekly Poll #37: Do We Really Need Triple Camera Smartphones? Vote Here!
3. MIUI Weekly Poll #36: Do We Really Need Phones with Dual Display? Vote Here!
4. MIUI Weekly Poll #35: What's The Best Position for the Headphone Jack? Vote Now!
5. MIUI Weekly Poll #34: What Kind of Memory Should Flagship Phones Have? Vote Now!

Thanks to @Nig_ZA and @sepneela for their help and to @candicesu for her support.

Single-option Poll, 2005 members voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite7 Share

Rated by 41 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Khardan + 1 Fantastic!
rodriguesm17 + 2 Great!
1596225176 + 5 Agreed!
Dasari5 + 2 Awesome!
porale111 + 2 Согласен!
hearthekker + 4 Fantastic!
SaBa8898 + 1 Fantastic!
blackfirefly434 + 10 Awesome!
mohmedxpmpa + 1 Awesome!
GlaneXDA + 2 Fantastic!
4epHRk + 1 Great!
targus_007 + 4 Thanks!
Docargenis + 2 Awesome!
candido0162 + 1 Fantastic!
Nastya03 + 1 Thanks!
Kliver + 1 Thanks!
libra2165 + 2 Great!
arthgalicio + 2 Fantastic!
DJStatikVX + 10 + 3 Awesome!
alexchat + 2 Great!
dobriy_putnik + 2 Thanks!
Mixa555 + 5 Awesome!
GangbuzzCrew + 5 Agreed!
ramnaresh11 + 5 Fantastic!
akshaymani.cool + 5 Agreed!
23pradeep + 2 Awesome!
JayeshT + 1 Great!

Experience +185  Prestige +33  View Rating Log

小心你这样做之前。

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
1382 Hours
Send PM

Mi ScaleMi Bluetooth SpeakerNinebot MiniMijia VR Play 2Mi BandMagic CubeMijia Story TellerMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Qi CycleMijia Walkie TalkieMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi VRMi MIXMi BoxMi Kids WatchMi Selfie StickMi Bluetooth HeadsetMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Notebook AirMi TV 70Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeYi Action CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFlashholicFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMarshmallow4 Million Forum MembersMi MIXMi 5Mi 5sRedmi Note 4XRedmi 4XXiaomi Mi 6Mi TVMi 4iRedmi 2Super MondayRingolicious MedalAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI UkraineFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Forum AppMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI World Tour3500K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's Day2 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSurge S1Puzzle MasterSuper SundayFan Of MIUI AustraliaMIUI 2017MIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdayMIUI SSuper ThursdayHappy New YearRocket to Future300K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary100k Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy Medal500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 9MIUI Philippines Fan MeetupHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI Fan From Philippines90000 Forum MembersMIUI 20 Million UsersRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI PMiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatSupriseMi Bunny Game Master Youth PledgeRingtone ExpertRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid ElfMIUI FB Follower5 Million Forum MembersStar WarsOreoBlack Shark25 Million StrongQuick SurveyRedmi 5/PlusIndia Independence Day7 Million Forum MembersIndonesia Independence DayMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th Anniversary8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Twitter FollowerUpdates LoverMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMr. DependableAndroid GuruMIUI G+ FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI SuperstarTechnology GuruNougatMIUI KingMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star Master Of TechnologyTheme TalentForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Halloween 20172017 Annual AwardsDebate MasterMi TalentMIUI Follower

22:37, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
Yes 18:9 aspect ratio will be the future.
Regardless of the diagonal, we expect the display side of the display to be 18: 9 instead of the usual 16: 9. This means that the length of the screen will be two times its width.
I think it will be interesting to see and test this in practice.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureMIUI 7th Anniversary

22:59, Aug-21-2017 | Via mobile
|
Pros: easier to hold and use the phone with one hand. Cons: a 5.5" 18:9 screen will have a smaller display surface against a regular 5.5" 16:9 screen; and videos will have black bands on the sides when watching 16:9 videos on 18:9 screens.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
110 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Unlock MedalMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Mi 4iMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI IndiaRocket to FuturePuzzle MasterMIUI Happy Medal300K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMIUI PMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Singles' DayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017MIUI 9Women's Day MedalMiPopSummer Mi BunnyIndia Independence Day8 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerYouth PledgeDebate MasterRingtone ExpertOTA FeedbackTheme TalentAndroid ElfMIUI G+ FollowerMost Active MIUIerMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat25 Million StrongMIUI Expert

09:19, Aug-22-2017 | From PC
|
i voted Yes,but i make it clear  that it will not be the future. in technologies, there is no fixed future, it is a continuous development and innovations. i voted it Yes because it is a step to the future. thumbs up for you guys, great works.
i created this account to join MIUI forum to be able to collect guides and information regarding xiaomi phones, job-related purpose.

Everything have two sides.

Platinum Member

Mi Fan Club Bangladesh

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
83 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi  BunnyUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersMi 5sMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017MIUI 9Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh500K Forum Members300K Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI PMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Weekly PollPuzzle MasterRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Happy MedalGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopStar Of TechnologyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan25 Million StrongMost Active MIUIerScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverTheme TalentMi Story TellerMi Lover Medal

11:44, Aug-22-2017 | From PC
|
yes this new accept ratio concept worked well for flagship phones of 2017 and all other phones will continue to follow as it creates more space to do little over with the screen provided. More contents are visible tricky, yes. But still watching videos are pathetic with those screen for a wide black lines on two side of the screen, this is the area needed more improvement.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestMIUI Weekly Poll

13:49, Aug-22-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Yup, 18:9 is awesome but problem are Apple devices and their dominance Apple does not want to change market and people life heard of sheeps buy iphones and so developers are not jumping on this trend.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerYi Action CameraUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUI4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 4XMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 9MIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ExpertScroll Of Wisdom8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterTechnology GuruMIUI Weekly Devices QuizAndroid GuruQuick SurveyMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum 2017 Annual AwardsForum Contest LoverMi TalentDie-hard MIUI Fan

14:31, Aug-22-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
The 18:9 aspect ratio may not become the mainstream in the future because 6" phones are not the acceptable standard for many customers all over the world especially those with small or medium sized hands.
'...To him who overcomes...'
My Mi Diary

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 9Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerUpdates Lover

14:40, Aug-22-2017 | From Mi 5
|
Aspect ratio depends on products like movies or games, which are developed for wide range of devices. Tvs and laptops most probably won't get 18:9, so tablets and phones won't too.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Electric ScooterMijia Qi CycleMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 4MIUI 2017Super TuesdaySuper WednesdaySuper SaturdaySuper MondayRocket to FutureWomen's Day MedalSuper SundaySuper ThursdayMIUI SMIUI Forum App3500K Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MiPopMIUI Expert6 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Quick DiscussionMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI Fan2017 Annual Awards

14:45, Aug-22-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
I think "two squares" have future. Its a bit strange but it's two similar in vertical and horisontal directins squares. You can turn your phone(in split mode) and nothing change(I dont like those re-formating procedure of Chrome etc). Also it is a bit wider in Album mode - great.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMi Bluetooth HeadsetMagic CubeI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 9MIUI Weekly PollHappy New YearMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayRocket to FutureMiPop8 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI Weekly Devices QuizQuick Survey2017 Annual Awards6 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMIUI Follower7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Quick DiscussionAndroid GuruTheme Talent

15:01, Aug-22-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
The 18:9 ratio is not the future in the long term. Length being twice the width may be an easier manufacturing idea but the removal of Bezels means that however you get the phone out of your pocket/bag/purse you touch the screen and cause some reaction. I prefer Bezels as I like to hold my phone safely, while viewing videos, news or Internet, yet as most content does not yet suit 18:9 ratio one is left viewing a smaller area in the centre of the phone... If one expands it to fit the screen either  bits are chopped off or greatly distorted. Until this can be fixed, until a battery can be developed to power a 6" screen for around 16 hours a day, until the fear of having a glass sandwich next to my femoral artery and genitals or loose in my bag can be eradicated, I prefer my metal backed Xiaomi note 4, and 4x. They are good to grip with good screens. I wonder why other manufacturers are changing their designs... Another fashion point? I have held the galaxy s8 and played with it too, nothing about it impressed me in fact I thought it ugly.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFan Of MIUI ItalyI Love 2016Thanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopSummer Mi BunnyDebate MasterMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI KingMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerForum Contest Lover

15:24, Aug-22-2017 | From Mi 5
|
It will not be the future, it will be a fashion for a while, the future will be new technology like flexible display or metal polymer free batteries.
Screen ratio, bezel less device, curved glass are only design and marketing trends.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi HomeI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5s Plus4 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Font LoverMIUI 9500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017MIUI Weekly Poll100k Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalRocket to Future300K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverTheme TalentMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI ExpertIndonesia Independence DayMaster Of TechnologyAndroid ElfDebate MasterMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMr. DependableMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Most Active MIUIer

15:54, Aug-22-2017 | From PC
|
No, 18:9 aspect ratio will not be the future. It's just another useless future that companies will try to sell it to the people and useless try to make phones smaller!
It will die like 3D fever on TVs.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly Poll300K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI Follower

16:02, Aug-22-2017 | From PC
|
Ratio 18:9 is bad. From the point of view of ergonomics, it is inconvenient that the user needs more movements to scroll the content. The text on the screen is placed smaller, and it becomes narrow. The video is also clipped from the top and bottom. The phone with a diagonal of more than 5.5 replaces the tablet and computer, it allows you to work, get content and play games, but the ratio of 18: 9 makes it uncomfortable and makes the phone like a baguette!

⚡⚡Enforcer⚡⚡

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
5105 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMi  BunnyMi Kids WatchMi TV 70Mi HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi BoxMi Notebook AirMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicMIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIMarshmallowAwesome!Super FridayFan Of MIUI RussiaRocket to FutureMIUI Fan from India3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdaySurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Weekly PollMIUI PMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Singles' DayMIUI World TourMi Live MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016Happy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 7th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI SpainHappy Holi MedalMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi TalentMi Lover MedalMIUI G+ FollowerInbox ZeroDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyTheme TalentTechnology GuruRingtone Star Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryYouth Pledge5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Twitter FollowerQuick SurveyOreoMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz2017 Annual AwardsOTA FeedbackMIUI KingMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum India Independence DayMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Device ExpertMost Active MIUIerMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverHumor MasterAndroid ElfUpdates LoverIndonesia Independence Day25 Million StrongAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017

22:32, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
1.  Yes 18:9 aspect ratio will be the future.       

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
Online time
64 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi  BunnyUnlock MedalMi BoxMi TV 70Mijia Qi CycleMagic CubeMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi ScaleMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi Kids WatchMijia 360° Panoramic CameraYi Action CameraMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Notebook AirMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia VR Play 2Ninebot MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerI Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowFlashholicRedmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Redmi 4/Prime/4AHilal Ramadan Happy DiwaliRingolicious Medal90000 Forum MembersPuzzle MasterHappy New YearDiwali MIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9Merry ChristmasMIUI Font LoverRooster Year of 2017MIUI Happy MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsMIUI P5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Singles' DaySuper SundayWomen's Day Medal300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppRocket to FutureMIUI SSuper MondayHappy Valentine's Day100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopNougat8 Million Forum MembersMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Weekly Devices QuizQuick SurveyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryBlack SharkMaster Of Technology5 Million Forum MembersSupriseMIUI FB FollowerMIUI King7 Million Forum MembersOreoMIUI Halloween 2017Star WarsStar Of TechnologyOTA FeedbackMr. DependableUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverAndroid Guru6 Million Forum MembersMIUI G+ Follower25 Million StrongScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterIndonesia Independence Day2017 Annual AwardsIndia Independence Day

22:34, Aug-21-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
Yes, of course

QQ - 2303759172

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
654 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia VR Play 2Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi  BunnyMi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Qi CycleMi MIXMi VRMi Band 2Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi HomeMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Electric ScooterYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power BankMi Kids WatchMi BoxMi Notebook AirMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi TV 70Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Awesome!AnTuTuFantastic!I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 3Redmi 4/Prime/4A4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 4Mi 4cRedmi 1SRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Mi 5Super SundayMIUI Font LoverSuper Saturday10 Million Forum PostsHappy Holi MedalHappy New YearFan Of MIUI FranceSuper Wednesday300K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalRingolicious Medal90000 Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI SMIUI Fan from Malaysia5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridayMIUI World TourMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper ThursdayRocket to FutureSuper MondayMIUI Fan from India2 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 20 Million UsersPuzzle Master3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App3500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 7th Anniversary100k Forum MembersSuper TuesdayHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI Greece1st AnniversaryMIUI 9500K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI SpainSingapore Merlion MedalFan Of MIUI UkraineFan Of MIUI AustraliaMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI BangladeshCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI PMIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Surge S1Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewSupriseStar Of TechnologyNougat8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Quick DiscussionRedmi Quiz MasterDebate MasterXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalAndroid Elf5 Million Forum MembersOreoMIUI FB FollowerMi Story Teller25 Million StrongIndonesia Independence DayRingtone ExpertIndia Independence DayMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMr. DependableMIUI Superstar6 Million Forum MembersStar Wars7 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI G+ FollowerMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star Youth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi TalentRedmi 5APioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMIUI KingTechnology Guru

22:35, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
I think yes. 18:9 will be the next future

Mechie & Techie

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
394 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterMi HomeMi BandMi VRMijia VR Play 2Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeMi VR HeadsetMi TV 70Unlock MedalMi Band 2Mijia Qi CycleMi MIXMi BoxMi  BunnyMi ScaleMijia Walkie TalkieXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!FlashholicMarshmallowI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 7Redmi 2Redmi Note 34 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Happy New Year10 Million Forum PostsPokemon Master MedalThanksgiving DayMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World Tour1400K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 Weeks2100K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 2017Happy Holi MedalMIUI 9MIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaRocket to Future300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersPuzzle Master90000 Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSuper Sunday1900K Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsSuper ThursdayMIUI 7th AnniversaryWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DaySuper WednesdayMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1Super MondayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMIUI KingXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI G+ FollowerIndia Independence DayDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat8 Million Forum MembersMi Story TellerMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertApp TalentMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfStar WarsTechnology GuruYouth PledgeMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Medals CollectorMi TalentStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerApp Talent

22:38, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by mvnaidu88 at 12:39, Aug-22-2017

So, the new trend is to call 2:1 as 18:9.

Edit: May take some time before it comes to mainstream.

Comment

soumya_2002 There's a reason why we call it 18:9 rather than 2:1. Everyone knows basic Math.  23:02, Aug-21-2017

Nothing is impossible

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
298 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mijia Walkie TalkieUnlock MedalMi MIXMi  BunnyMi VRMijia Qi CycleMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMijia VR Play 2Ninebot MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeMi BoxMi TV 70Mi HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowFlashholicMIUI 8I Love MIUI4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 4XRooster Year of 2017MIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalHappy Valentine's Day5 Million Forum App InstallsHilal Ramadan Ringolicious MedalSuper SundayPuzzle MasterSuper MondaySuper Wednesday3500K Forum MembersSuper Thursday100k Forum MembersSuper TuesdaySuper SaturdayMIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI 2017Rocket to Future90000 Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI PMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI SMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Diwali500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Font LoverDiwali Happy New YearMIUI Philippines Fan Meetup1st AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryAtaturk MourningSummer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewScroll Of WisdomStar WarsOreoQuick SurveyMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz2017 Annual AwardsMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfDebate MasterMost Popular Forum UserMIUI SuperstarOTA FeedbackMIUI KingTechnology GuruUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Master Of TechnologyAndroid GuruMi Story TellerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of TechnologyIndia Independence Day25 Million StrongMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI Fan

22:45, Aug-21-2017 | Via mobile
|
Yes 18:9 will the next future

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
Online time
250 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterUnlock MedalMi BoxMi TV 70Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMagic CubeMi MIXMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi BandMi ScaleMi HeadphonesMi Kids WatchMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMi Bluetooth HeadsetYi Action CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Ninebot MiniMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi HomeMi  BunnyMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!FlashholicAnTuTuFantastic!MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowMi NoteMi Note Pro4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Redmi 3SRedmi Note 4XRedmi 4/Prime/4AXiaomi Mi 6Redmi ProMi 4iSuper WednesdayMIUI Font LoverSuper SundaySuper SaturdayHappy Holi Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI P1st AnniversaryWomen's Day MedalMIUI SRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan From NepalRingolicious MedalPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper ThursdayRocket to FutureSingapore Merlion MedalHappy New YearSuper Monday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 5th AnniversarySuper TuesdaySuper FridayMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from IndiaSurge S13500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupHilal Ramadan Diwali 90000 Forum MembersMIUI 9500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Philippines2 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Diwali100k Forum MembersMIUI 2017300K Forum MembersMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI AustraliaCamera Filter Guru MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewAndroid GuruSuprise6 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerXiaomi 8th AnniversaryStar Wars8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Quick DiscussionAndroid ElfTechnology Guru7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz2017 Annual AwardsRedmi Note 5A/PrimeBlack SharkQuick SurveyScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertRingtone ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Popular Forum UserMIUI SuperstarMr. DependableOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerTheme TalentMi Bunny Game Master 25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorUpdates LoverMi Note 3Youth PledgeForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Lover MedalMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Halloween 2017Mi TalentStar Of TechnologyRingtone Star Master Of TechnologyMIUI KingIndonesia Independence Day

22:51, Aug-21-2017 | From Mi Note Pro
|
Yes 18:9 aspect ratio will be the future.
Do not be afraid to do.

Flashing and unlocking xiaomii

Credits
Device
Mi 5c
Online time
1886 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi HomeMi Band 2Mijia Walkie TalkieMijia Qi CycleXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMi Selfie StickMi KeyMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMi Power StripMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetMi ScaleMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi MIXMi BoxYi Action CameraMi Kids WatchUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 2016FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Fantastic!Mi Max Mi TVXiaomi Mi 44 Million Forum MembersMi 5cMIUI 2017Happy New YearFan Of MIUI Russia1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World TourMIUI Monthly TalkFan Of MIUI Italy2 Million Forum MembersSuper MondayMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI Bangladesh3 Million Forum App Installs5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Marathon Medal1800K Forum MembersDiwali Happy DiwaliRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly PollOlympics Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMerry ChristmasI Love 2016MIUI Forum App1300K Forum MembersMi Live MedalRooster Year of 2017MIUI P300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandSingapore Merlion Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Sunday500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersSuper Saturday1900K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Fan from IndiaCamera Filter Guru MedalSurge S1Super WednesdayWomen's Day MedalPuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Happy MedalSuper FridaySuper ThursdayMIUI 20 Million Users3 Million Forum MembersMIUI SAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorTheme TalentRedmi Quiz MasterXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz8 Million Forum MembersBlack Shark5 Million Forum MembersSupriseStar WarsMr. DependableDebate MasterMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat6 Million Forum MembersMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMaster Of TechnologyOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfHumor MasterMIUI KingMIUI SuperstarMIUI ExpertApp TalentScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMi A1MIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeMost Popular Forum UserMi Story TellerTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master Star Of TechnologyIndia Independence DayRingtone Star Most Active MIUIerInbox ZeroPioneer of MIUI English Forum App TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Halloween 2017

23:04, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
I think no.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list