Super moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
661 Hours
Send PM

Mijia VR Play 2Mi ScaleMagic CubeMi HomeMi MIXUnlock MedalMi Kids WatchMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Mi Bunny RobotXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!Redmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalMIUI Forum AppRocket to FutureSuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayPuzzle MasterMIUI SMIUI PSuper ThursdayMerry Christmas10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Font Lover5 Million Forum Posts2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016300K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySurge S1Happy New YearMIUI Happy MedalMIUI World TourMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Ukraine3500K Forum MembersMiPopGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackMi Bunny Game Master Star WarsMIUI 8th Anniversary6 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Twitter FollowerXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual AwardsPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfDebate MasterForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI KingMi TalentTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Medals Collector

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Basic Problems & Solutions – Faced By Xiaomi Mobile Users

[ Promote]
4800 28 |
17:12, Aug-13-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by meer.junaidd at 11:18, Aug-17-2017

Fixing miui.png

Hello MIUIers,

I hope you are doing well. Today we talk about basic problems which faced by every new Xiaomi users. When new user use Xiaomi phones (Redmi & Mi) then they always confused in Mi services like Mi Cloud, Mi Hidden files, Mi hidden album/photos/messages/ notes etc. New user also faces problems to setup their mobile for first use. So here we talk about all steps which you want to follow to make ready your Xiaomi phone for day to day tasks.
No Matter which phone you are using These tips & tricks works on almost all Xiaomi phones like Redmi 1s, Redmi 2 /Prime, Redmi 3s / Prime, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi5, Mi 6, Mi Max etc.

Why am I not able to see Bubbles for Facebook Messenger app on my Xiaomi Phone?

Solution: This is because Pop Up has been blocked for Messenger app and it can be enabled very easily. Go to Settings > Permissions > Permissions > Permissions > Display Pop Up Window and enable it for every app that wants to show pop ups.

Why are there 3 different password options in my Xiaomi Phone?

Solution: There are 3 password options namely ‘Screen Lock’ ‘Privacy Protection Password’ and ‘App Lock Password’. The first two are mentioned under ‘Lock Screen & Password’ settings. The only password which creates confusion is ‘Privacy Protection Password’ and it’s to safeguard your Notes, Hidden Files, Messages and Photos. This is one of the most secured method to keep you data safe.

What is Wallpaper Carousel and how to activate in Xiaomi Redmi Mobile?

Explanation: It’s a very attractive feature for MI Users where lock screen wallpapers change automatically every time you wake up the phone as long as Internet Connectivity is maintained. There is a very good collection of wallpapers which can lighten your mood! You can enable this feature from Wallpaper Settings.

Why can’t I receive Google Duo calls when someone calls me until I open the app in my Xiaomi phone?

Solution: This is faced by all those Xiaomi users who haven’t enabled ‘Auto – Start’ option for Google Duo. You can enable it by going to Settings > Permissions > Auto – start and then enable it for Google Duo.

How can I make my Xiaomi phone look fast?

Solution: If you already have limited applications like my Dad, and still you feel like your phone is taking too much time to perform a function, I may solve your problem to some extent. Go to Settings > Battery > System Animations and then select ‘Hide system animations’. Phone will reboot and you will feel that your phone has improved its speed.

Pro Tip: If you want more fast working, Go to Settings > About Phone. Click multiple times on ‘MIUI Version’ which will help you enter into Developer Mode. Now go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options. Now scroll down a bit where there will be 3 options of ‘Window animation scale’, ‘Transition animation scale’ and ‘Animator duration scale’. Change all of the above to .5x scale which will make your phone look a bit more fast..!!!

Why am I not receiving any notification from Flipkart/Amazon/TVF Play/WhatsApp directly unless I open the app in my Xiaomi Phone?

Solution: It’s happening because of the same reason as that of 5th. Enable Auto – Start for all the necessary applications and then enjoy those (buggy) notifications.
Frank Advice: Auto – Start is one of the main reasons why battery optimization is brilliant in Xiaomi devices. So to keep your battery last longer, enable only those apps to Auto – Start which you really need in daily use.

I am receiving a lot of useless notifications from various apps like UC Browser, Vidmate etc. What should I do to prevent them in my Xiaomi Phone?

Solution: Go to Settings > Notifications & status bar > App notifications. Here you will see the list of all the installed apps. You can change the settings as you want along with Sound, Notification Light, Priority and various other settings. This will surely help you keep your notification panel clean and clear.

How to force ‘WCDMA/3G Only’ Network in Xiaomi Phones?

Solution: In Xiaomi devices, we can’t directly enable this feature. Many times we are in an area where WCDMA/3G connectivity is very weak and our phone directly converts the network to GSM. Although, we can forcefully use WCDMA mode by going to Settings > About Phone and then click 5 times on ‘Internal Memory’ option. This will take you to Testing section. Now go to ‘Phone Information 1 or 2’ and then change the network mode to ‘WCDMA’ only.

When I clear RAM, my Music Player also stops in Xiaomi mobile. What should I do?

Solution: Press the Menu {≡} button. You will see the applications which are open. Drag down that app which you want not to get closed and lock it. This will stop the android system to forcefully close the app.
So here we discuss all major problems which you faced during mi phone usages. These common problems easily solved via following some easy steps.

If you are still facing some issue in your Xiaomi phone no matter which is Mi Max 2 or Mi Max or any other Xiaomi device. You can talk with us. Just drop out your query in comment section we respond as soon as possible.

I hope I have solved some of your problems that you might have faced while using Redmi Phones.

Favorite10 Share

Rated by 7 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

oeenightmare + 1 Fantastic!
wongk2 + 1 Great!
cubimol + 2 Thanks!
candicesu + 10 Fantastic!
ZAHIRUL_ISLAM + 1 Awesome!
S@mmy + 5 Fantastic!
Nig_ZA + 10 + 5 Thanks!

Experience +30  Prestige +5  View Rating Log

I'm Allergic To Stupids, Please Stay away

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Rocket to Future

15:27, Aug-23-2017 | From PC
|
Hello people.
I noticed that the auto-brighness level on Mi Max 2 is too slow (and from time to time low). When u come from dark to bright place, it have a 2 second lag. Mi team should optimize this issue or optimize the light sensor responsivness. Did u noticed that? It is annoying that u can't see ur display at the sun for 2 seconds until brightness is automatically increase. Please fix this.

MIUI App Review Team

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
805 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMijia Qi CycleMijia Walkie TalkieMi MIXMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeMi Yi CameraMi VRUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi T-ShirtMi  BunnyMi BandMi Power BankMi Power StripXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowI Love MIUIMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMi Note 24 Million Forum MembersMi MIXRedmi Note 4Xiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper FridaySuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalPuzzle MasterSuper TuesdaySuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017Happy New YearMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasI Love 2016MIUI Lucky FridayThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th Anniversary2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaSurge S1MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Forum AppDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI Happy MedalXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsRingolicious MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI World TourSuper ThursdaySuper SundaySuper SaturdayRocket to FutureMiPopMIUI ReviewHappy 2019MIUI Weekly Devices Quiz2017 Annual AwardsHumor MasterForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI FollowerMaster Of TechnologyMr. DependableTheme TalentStar Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals Collector25 Million StrongMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid Guru

14:15, Aug-20-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks for Sharing !
Happy to Help

Elite Member

Oneironaut

Credits
Device
Mi Max 3
Online time
174 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yeelight Bedside LampMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyMi BandMi BoxMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi VRMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 8I Love MIUIRedmi 3Mi TVRedmi 1SMi 4iRedmi Note 3Mi PadMi 4cRedmi Note 4Redmi 4/Prime/4ARedmi Note 4X1400K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversarySuper SaturdayMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky FridaySuper Monday300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 9Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Fan MIUI Philippines2014 ChristmasRooster Year of 2017Puzzle Master3 Million Forum MembersRocket to FutureMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From PhilippinesSuper Thursday10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 2017Thanksgiving Day5 Million Forum App InstallsSurge S1MIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnyMi Max 3Master Of TechnologyMIUI Global Forum 2014Redmi Quiz MasterMIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge2017 Annual AwardsRingtone Star Youth PledgeAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMi Story TellerMIUI KingDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI FB Follower

02:30, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks for the useful tips.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

ZAHIRUL_ISLAM + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
17 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Mi 4cRocket to FutureMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 7th AnniversaryMi Story TellerScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruDebate MasterMIUI FollowerStar Of Technology

02:52, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
szxa.pikabu replied at 2017-8-21 00:30
Thanks for the useful tips.

yeah right
HIMAL

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM
18:06, Aug-21-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks for the helpfull info

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
17:19, Nov-09-2017 | Via mobile
|
There is no swap hardware keys for this big phone. Kindly fix in next update.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Smart PTZ CameraMagic CubeMi BoxMi Band 2Mi TV 70MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Rocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI World TourMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayWomen's Day MedalHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI 2017Super SundayPuzzle MasterGamer Mi Bunny8 Million Forum MembersQuick SurveySurpriseMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Weekly Devices QuizStar WarsMIUI ExpertRingtone ExpertAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMr. DependableTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Follower2017 Annual Awards

21:08, Nov-10-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks for Sharing

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Expert

21:08, Dec-01-2017 | From PC
|
nice sharing .... for xiaomi newbie  

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
43 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi BandAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 3Mi Max 2Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasMIUI 300 WeeksHappy New YearMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsDie-hard MIUI Fan

08:03, Dec-06-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list