Gold Member

Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 31900K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 2017MIUI FollowerTechnology Guru

[Q & A] Flashing via TWRP with a locked Bootloader

[ Promote]
111 2 |
16:04, Aug-13-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
Go to reply no.
Hey people,

Today, one of my friends using Redmi Note 3 Kenzo tried to revert back to MIUI from a Custom ROM. He wiped everything via TWRP and installed two zips successively, the MIUI rom and lazyflasher zip files.

But now after the process, the phone isn't booting at all. The MI logo appears and disappears at an instant.

I usually do flashing by this method, but my bootloader is officially unlocked. His bootloader was unlocked the unofficial way and  I guess the problem is due to that.
Maybe the bootloader locked itself again i guess. What are the possible ways to revive the phone from this situation??
Need comments fast!! 😊

Provide video tutorials if available cause my friend isn't with me. Help needed fast.

Thanks. 👦
Favorite Share
Current device: Redmi Note 3
Proud MIUIan
Reply me to Notify me faster.

MIUI Device Team

Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
Online time
126 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMijia Walkie TalkieMi  BunnyMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi ScaleMi BoxMi HomeMi Band 2Mijia Qi CycleMi MIXMi VRMijia VR Play 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Magic CubeMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowMIUI 8FlashholicFantastic!Awesome!Mi 4iMi 5Redmi 24 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4ARedmi 1SRedmi 3SMIUI 9MIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI Ukraine5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Sunday300K Forum Members3500K Forum Members100k Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI 2017Super WednesdayMIUI Font LoverSuper TuesdayMIUI Fan from Malaysia90000 Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI SMIUI Happy MedalHappy Diwali10 Million Forum PostsSuper FridayMIUI PSuper ThursdayPuzzle MasterSurge S1Merry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondayFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali Rocket to FutureWomen's Day MedalMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper SaturdayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI ReviewMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterMIUI Quick DiscussionYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI G+ FollowerMr. DependableMIUI Device ExpertAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsRedmi 5ANougat7 Million Forum MembersStar Wars6 Million Forum MembersRingtone Expert25 Million StrongPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerIndia Independence DayStar Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatRedmi Note 5/ProMi Talent

20:39, Aug-13-2017 | From Redmi 4A
unlock bootloader and flash via mi flash ( if able to fastboot the Device)

or go for testpoints method/deep flash cable to enter edl mode

btw there's a tutorial available for that I guess. check it on XDA under Redmi note 3 forum
Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

BTW The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent !

Super moderator

Redmi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
6449 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRMi HomeMi KeyMi T-ShirtMi  BunnyMi Power StripMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI 2015MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 6Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi 2Redmi 1SMi 4iRedmi Note 34 Million Forum MembersXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppHappy New YearHappy Valentine's Day1500K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI World TourRocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017MIUI 20173 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI IndiaI Love 20161900K Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Brazil1 Million Forum App Installs2100K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalMerry ChristmasHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySuper SundaySuper ThursdayWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper FridayMIUI Happy Medal3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsRingolicious Medal3500K Forum Members5 Million Forum App Installs800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridaySuper TuesdayMIUI 9Thanksgiving DayMIUI 7th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master Master Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMost Active MIUIerRingtone ExpertMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfMi Talent2017 Annual AwardsForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruMr. DependableMIUI Device ExpertHumor MasterDebate MasterMIUI Follower

21:04, Aug-13-2017 | From PC

This method works on Locked Bootloader and you can flash any ROM using this guide.
You can Upgrade/Downgrade or Change From China to Global or Vice versa.
Follow and read  the guide carefully and Use Flash all option to make a clean install to avoid conflicts and issues.
Before asking any question, read it carefully, every answer is given in the guide.
Note: For BL unlocked Devices, Skip EDL part.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list