Supreme Member

INDIAN SUBFORUM |PRE OTA

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
1179 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyMi WiFi RouterAwesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6FlashholicI Love MIUIRedmiRedmi 2Mi 3Mi TVRedmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi Pad2014 Christmas1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryDiwali MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Happy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaThanksgiving Day300K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersSingapore BirthdayHappy Valentine's DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 6th Anniversary700K Forum Members600K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan500K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Beta TeamMi TalentRedmi Note 3 ExplorerHumor MasterYouth PledgeAndroid ElfInbox ZeroForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of Icons

[News] [XIAOMI TEMP BAN] Why Shouldn't Be Worried [REASON BEHIND]

[ Promote]
8361 83 |
10:49, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Atyant at 10:51, Dec-11-2014

150234o7a663a8voiv31a1.jpg.thumb.png
Chill Xiaomi users,
First of all it's freezing winter's out here in India, So get inside the blanket have a cup of tea or Beer that's you're preferernce.
To everyone worried about XIAOMI being banned from selling gadgets in India, the issue has risen because of some patents regarding GSM technology that belongs to Ericson.
Ericson is aggressively holding patents right to some crucial technologies that are employed by every smartphone manufacturer. And their Hold in India is quite strong over this matter. They dragged Micromax to court last year over the same issue and Micromax filed a counter suit. Samsung also had a legal battle that lasted 2 years. So worse case scenario, Xiaomi has to pay fine to continue selling in India. That is worst case. And as for being banned, neither Micromax, nor Samsung has stopped selling in India.

Everything will be under control in next few days.
This is the official statement from Ericsson and kindly read the last lines carefully to clear your doubts.
In the end, its all about Money that ends major disputes:---
In a statement provided to TechCrunch, Ericsson described Xiaomi's use of its Standard, Essential Patents (SEPs) as “unfair.” It said its action is “a last resort” after Xiaomi ignored more than three years of communication requests:
Ericsson’s commitment to the global support of technology and innovation is undisputed.
It is unfair for Xiaomi to benefit from our substantial R&D investment without paying a reasonable licensee fee for our technology.
After more than 3 years of attempts to engage in a licensing conversation in good faith, for products compliant with the GSM, EDGE, and UMTS/WCDMA standards Xiaomi continues to refuse to respond in any way regarding a fair license to Ericsson’s intellectual property on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory (FRAND) terms.
Ericsson, as a last resort, had to take legal action.
To continue investing in research and enabling the development of new ideas,new standards and new platforms to the industry, we must obtain a fair return on our R&D investments.
We look forward to working with Xiaomi to reach a mutually fair and reasonable conclusion, just as we do with all of our licenses.
So you guys can relax. Lets see what happens further and lets stop speculating.

So there's no need to worry we still don't have any official announcement will they still be selling or not but I think yes they will.

Credits @Rahul and @Narendra

Single-option Poll, 299 members voted
92.98% 278
6.35% 19
0.67% 2
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite Share

Comment

Shuddhahnik Shit!!! According to Economic Times, the ban is place at least until February 5, when the court will again hear Ericsson's petition.  14:40, Dec-16-2014

Rated by 14 people   Experience Reason  

Dasari5 + 1 Agreed!
gh0st3g + 2 Agreed!
RTZ619 + 1 Great!
saimadhav + 1 Agreed!
pravnadhi + 1 Thanks!
drishd + 1 Fantastic!
Maharshi + 4 Thanks!
brandon1551 + 1 Agreed!
vijayspy + 5 Thanks!
sandiprickyroy + 1 Thanks!
GeekyRohit + 5 Thanks to give users relief ..!!
Hariharan + 1 Thanks!
yogirajput + 2 Agreed!
AlphaIndi + 1 Thanks!

Experience +27  View Rating Log

My Youtube Channel
Active on Mi community!

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
11:02, Dec-11-2014 | Via mobile
|
Yes I trust Xiaomi, they we resolve it soon ASAP 100.00%

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
24 Hours
Send PM

Fan Of MIUI India

11:17, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
Hemu2994 replied at 2014-12-11 11:02
Yes I trust Xiaomi, they we resolve it soon ASAP 100.00%

It is high to make a open source Network technology to say goodbye GSM.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
304 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi BandUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI 6Redmi NoteRedmi 1SMi TVMi Note ProMi 3Mi NoteMi 4iXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi 5MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From IndonesiaI Love 2016MIUI Fan from India300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Singles' DayMIUI 4th AnniversarySuper Wednesday2014 ChristmasRocket to FutureMIUI 100 Million Users1400K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMid-Autumn FestivalPokemon Master MedalHilal Ramadan UEFA EURO Medal700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From Vietnam500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksHappy New YearAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackPOCO F1MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatXiaomi 8th AnniversaryUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMi Story TellerScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Android GuruMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfForum Contest Lover

11:33, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
Nothing to worry at all it's XIAOMI dude.

My Devices:-
RedMI 1S,Redmi Note 4,MI 4,Mi 5,MI Max 2,MI Pad,Letv Le1s,Xperia SP.
MI Band 1,MI Band 1s,Mi Band 2,MI Bluetooth Speaker,MI Powerbank 10000Mah,Piston 2,In Ear Headphones,.....

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
207 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandAwesome!MIUI 2015Mi TV300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayDiwali MIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's Day2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from IndiaGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalRedmi Quiz MasterHumor MasterYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014

11:40, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
Sourav-21 replied at 2014-12-11 08:47
It is high to make a open source Network technology to say goodbye GSM.

Implementation is a pain , any new technology will take a lot of time to settle. No new technology ever did a smooth transition..
Revolution will happen but will take time ;-)

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Shuddhahnik + 5 Agreed!

Experience +5  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
209 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandAwesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 2016I Love MIUIMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Mi 3Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Happy DiwaliMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesDiwali MIUI 50 Million UsersHappy Singles' Day300K Forum MembersAtaturk Mourning500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million Users2014 ChristmasXiaomi 5th Anniversary800K Forum MembersMIUI 7th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DaySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Lover MedalInbox ZeroOTA FeedbackQuick SurveyUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Youth PledgeHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI FollowerMIUI FB Follower

11:48, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
man i really hate how the mods are running forum here ,they delete any news which is against their miui/xiomi .look like some militry man are running this forum .i don't know here but in my country we have freedom of speech
yesterday some one posted about xiaomi ban in India .now that post is gone

and they should have settle things before outside of the court

Comment

Bingo220 http://en.miui.com/thread-68821-1-1.html atleast 30 Threads have been merged here.. plz find yours ... Lots of repeated threads ...what we can do ? had to merge all the threads .  04:07, Dec-12-2014
My daughter :)

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Indian Subforum

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
880 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi BoxMi KeyMi BandMIUI 7Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Xiaomi Mi 4Mi NoteMi 4iMi PadMi 4cRedmi 2RedmiMi TVRedmi Note 22014 ChristmasMIUI 4th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI India1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHilal Ramadan 900K Forum Members500K Forum Members800K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil600K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerRedmi Note 3 ExplorerStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruDebate MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomSuper ModeratorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterYouth PledgeMIUI Follower

11:50, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
There are no serious worries. This matter is solely based on one's own judgmental instinct. As it is said half a knowledge is too dangerous so is this case I think. It is always wise to think rationally before jumping to any misleading conclusions.

Comment

Atyant i mean no misguidings i have mentioned below their is no offcial announcement  12:15, Dec-11-2014

Kindly make use of search option. It helps a lot.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
207 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandAwesome!MIUI 2015Mi TV300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayDiwali MIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's Day2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from IndiaGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalRedmi Quiz MasterHumor MasterYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014

11:51, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Inkorporated at 03:58, Dec-11-2014

"So there's no need to worry we still don't have any official announcement will they still be selling or not but I think yes they will."

Delhi high court has banned Xiaomi for selling, importing phones in India:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.c ... leshow/45457541.cms

But i think XIAOMI will file a counter suit , violating Intellectual property rights of ericcson modules will lead to ban of handsets which is specifically using that technology. So if xiaomi manage to prove they are using a deviated one , it can save them . And only put ban on specific handsets not as a company.
I believe in Xiaomi , as a company who brought REVOLUTION in mobile industry offering handsets as competitive price & killed the Dominating Large mobile manufacturers who take hefty prices for its configuration...
"I think it is a consipracy against Xiaomi by its competitors.. to pull xiaomi down from the market so they can get their market share back"XIAOMI will fight back ... All the best ..

Comment

Atyant a*  03:19, Dec-12-2014
Atyant it's not an consipracy actually ericsson wants their peice of cake.. they do this to all  12:10, Dec-11-2014

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
288 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyMIUI 6Fantastic!Awesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIXiaomi Mi 4Mi Note ProMi NoteRedmi 2Mi PadMi 3Redmi Note 2Mi 4iSingapore BirthdayHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI V5 ReviewAtaturk MourningHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 5th Anniversary800K Forum MembersMalaysia Anniversary600K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's Day700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomRingtone Star MIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeInbox ZeroRedmi Quiz MasterMost Active MIUIer

12:00, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
I'm confident that Xiaomi's legal department will handle this case efficiently!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
207 Hours
Send PM

12:05, Dec-11-2014 | From PC
|
448600887 replied at 2014-12-11 09:18
man i really hate how the mods are running forum here ,they delete any news which is against their m ...

I believe they delete such posts because some people has half knowledge & exaggerate things ..

Comment

448600887 all he did was posted the news,noting from his own side ! he did not added any thing from his own side but still they deleted the post .same happen with the post demanding to release the kernel for mi   12:23, Dec-11-2014

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list