[Q & A] Mi TV 4

[ Promote]
1071 6 |
12:43, Jun-20-2017 | From Mi MIX
|
|
Go to reply no.
Dear Xiaomi,

Recently I bought a Mi TV 4, something I was waiting to buy since it's release in January this year.

I bought it in China, and yesterday I installed it in my living room. I must say I'm very disappointed with my purchase. I mean, the product is beautiful and seems to have a great potential, but it's almost useless with the chinese ROM.

No access to Play Store, no Netflix, no YouTube, unable to connect to my cellphone (and it's a Mi Mix), and, what makes it more difficult to use, no english language!

I tried to install some programs using a pendrive, like Netflix, which actually work... Or almost work. The interface doesn't work well with the TV and the remote controller. It's hard to control the app, impossible to access the settings or search and no 4K streaming. Why???

I also installed YouTube, wich worked a little better, but the search doesn't work. Pointless, isn't it? With my Samsung and LG TVs I can open the videos on my cellphone and transfer it to the TV with a simple click. That feature doesn't apply with the Mi TV 4. The only way to search something on YouTube is via voice, but obviously the TV doesn't understand english.

I'd like to know if Xiaomi plans to release updates to the operating system of the TV, incluiding english language and making it more interactive. Beauty isn't everything.

Thank you,

Vitor
Favorite2 Share

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
18:21, Sep-25-2017 | From PC
|
Hi, Could you give us feedback after your 3 month of use?
Is it worth it? Does it have Dolby Vision support?
Thanks for sharing...

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year2017 Annual Awards

Author| 18:30, Sep-25-2017 | From Mi MIX
|
Despite of the language problem, it's a very nice TV. For the chinese it must be even better, seen that it comes with a huge content in chinese.

By the way, I solved the problems with the language buying a Mi TV Box global version.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
02:26, Sep-28-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by ElAndKa at 02:43, Sep-28-2017

Dear  vitorcastro. I believe and support any word you say about this tv set. I have recently bought it Mi TV 4 65" in Shenhzen , China, and I installed it in my living room here in Greece. I just believed it would have at least English UI (not a word for my mother tongue to be spoken). It so essential for me but nothing to be found. Now I'm holding my mobile phone with Google translate in progress and translate the picture in real time and that's how i am able to make my options to the set. I have found some information about how to root my tv set with kingroot and then try to install some english and google play store capabilities. But i have not tried yet because i believe that Xiaomi's UI must worth an attention!!!

Could you please tell me how you managed and installed Youtube app?  I am also interesting in google play store app.

Many thanks in advance sir!!!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
33 Hours
Send PM

500K Forum Members

13:39, Dec-11-2017 | From PC
|
You forgot to say that it's impossible to delete the files from an external harddisk after watching it.... The only way is to unmount your harddisk and connect it to a computer or to do it over the remote management (which also requires a computer).
And even after installing ES File Explorer it's still not possible as it requires to give ES FE root access and there is no way to root it...

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
22:58, Feb-04-2018 | From PC
|
There are APKs available to change the language from Chinese to English.  Also, one can install Google Chrome and Youtube as there are TV versions available that does not need to use Google Services.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note LTE
Online time
65 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi BandMi KeyAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicMi 3Mi TVRedmi 1SRedmiMIUI Fan from India300K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million Users1st AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI India500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 100 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Android GuruDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014Star Of Icons

06:56, Feb-15-2018 | From PC
|
are the HDMI ports 1.4 or 2.0? does this support 4k at 60 hz via HDMI ? the hdr, is it 10 bit panel or 8 bit ?  because i am going to use it with gaming pc
Thanks.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list