Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
V9.0.3.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi Band 2Mijia VR Play 2Mi MIXMi HomeMi VRMi ScaleMagic CubeMi BoxMi TV 70Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Fantastic!Redmi Note 4X4 Million Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppWomen's Day MedalSurge S1MIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterRooster Year of 2017MIUI PSuper WednesdayMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI World Tour10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 9Super TuesdaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper Thursday100k Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 7th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Super FridayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewDebate MasterTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyRingtone ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI SuperstarMost Active MIUIerMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI KingMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMi Lover Medal

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Step by step guide: Root & TWRP installation for Redmi Note 4x/SD...,

[ Promote]
14790 167 |
19:44, Jun-13-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by MAS4112 at 20:56, Sep-28-2017
Hello, Redmi Note 4X/SD users...,

Introduction:
              Here I present an easy step by step
guide to ROOT & install TWRP for Redmi Note 4X and Redmi Note 4 SD devices. Specially for those, having problem with @feds64 's Tut. I also had problem with that tut. So, thought of making this tut to help others as I've solved mine and installed TWRP on my RN4X successfully!

Prerequisite:
    1. Unlocked Bootloader (How to guides> Link-1, Link-2)

2. USB DATA cable (Original One).

3. Windows PC with Disabled Driver Signature Enforcement (How to guide>Link)

4. adb & fastboot drivers installed (Check this thread for driver installation help>Link)

5. Developer options & USB Debugging Enabled (How to: Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times > Developer   Options unloceked. Now again, Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging> Turn On)

6. Minimum 50% Charged Phone Battery.

Preparation:

1. Download adb_fastboot_tools.zip and extract in your PC (Somewhere you can access easily).

2. Download twrp-3.1.1-0-mido.img and move it to
'adb_fastboot_tools' folder, created when you extracted 'adb_fastboot_tools.zip' file (See the picture below).

You can use other TWRP images for mido too. Here are two other twrps(themed)...,recovery-RR-Themed.img & recovery-Golden-Themed.img

3. Download BETA-SuperSUv2.79 SR3 & Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 5.1 and copy both .zip files to your phone memory (See the picture below). These 2 files will be necessary to root you device.

Process:

Part-1(flashing twrp):

1. Switch Off your Device. T
hen hold Power & Volume Down button simultaneously until it vibrates and Mi logo appears in your phone screen. Your device is now in 'fastboot mode' you'll see the Mi Bunny doing some tweaking with Droid! Move on and Plug in your USB Data Cable & connect your phone with your PC / Laptop.

2. Now open the
'adb_fastboot_tools' folder you created earlier and Run "cmd.exe" as Administrator...,(See the picture below).

3. In the CMD window...,write the following code and hit Enter!
  1. fastboot devices
Copy the Code

This will display your device id and ensure that your device is properly connected and you're ready to go.

4. Now write the following code and hit Enter to start flashing twrp recovery..,
  1. fastboot flash recovery twrp_mido.img
Copy the Code

Note:
in the code "twrp_mido.img" is the name of my twrp image located in 'adb_fastboot_tools' folder. You've to change it according  to your twrp image name.
Example, if your twrp image name is "twrp-3.1.1-0-mido.img" then your CMD code will be>
  1. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-mido.img
Copy the Code
          5. TWRP will be flashed, now write the following code and hit Enter...,>
  1. fastboot boot twrp_mido.img
Copy the Code

Note: in the code "twrp_mido.img" is the name of my twrp image, located in 'adb_fastboot_tools' folder. You've to change it according  to your twrp image name.
Example, if your twrp image name is "twrp-3.1.1-0-mido.img" then your CMD code will be>
  1. fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-0-mido.img
Copy the Code
Edit: Now wait for 5-10 seconds (suggested by@Caylean, earlier I thought it's not that important but looks like it can cause heratachefor some)! If you did everything correctly, you'll see the TWRP recovery interface...,asking to allow system modifications.

You've successfully flashed twrp recovery in your device.

Part-2 (Root and bootloop issue fix):
                  In the twrp screen, swipe right. By doing so...,you will trigger dm-verity, and it will cause bootloop issue! But don't worry my friend, just install the zip files (
BETA-SuperSU v2.79 SR3.zip & Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 5.1.zip) you  copied earlier in your phone memory.

Choose install and then browse to the location where you copied the .zip files...,then select 'BETA-SuperSU v2.79 SR3.zip' and install it. Do the same with 'Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 5.1.zip.'

This will root your device and fix the bootloop issue which occurs in MIUI ROM!

Result:

You'll have twrp flashed and rooted your device...,and ready to do all kind of customization, tweaking, rom/kernel flashing etc...,

Declaimer:
This tut is based on @feds64's tut, but Elaborated and modified for better understanding. Thanks to Boss Man @feds64 for his great stuffs!

Credits:
@feds64 (tuts, images)
Chainfire(SU App)
TWRP (all twrp images)
Hunter16 (themed twrp images)

Troubleshoot and QA...,
Here I'm trying to answer a few basic and frequently asked questions/issues regarding this tut, hope it helps...,

Q.1: Will it void warranty?
Ans: Yes, it will.

Q.2: Will it get OTA updates after flashing TWRP & root?
Ans: The answer is yes...,official TWRP 3.1.1 supports OTA update! At least for weekly Beta updates. I got OTA update of 7.6.22 while using 7.6.15(rooted)! The thing is Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) & all newer versions support only systemless root. Systemless root doesn't affect the system, it only patches the boot image. You'll have root without touching your system. Conclusion is OTA isn't affected by root.

Q.3: Will this tut work with MIUI version XXXX.X.X?
The tut works with MIUI 8.2.4(stable) to MIUI 9 (7.9.15 Global Beta), I've tested myself. So, it should work with other MIUI versions(like China Stable or beta) too but I can't guarantee that as I've not tested.

Issue-1: Having problem with Super SU!
PS:Try other versions of Super SU, you can find theme here>>>http://www.supersu.com/download Or use 'Magisk - Root & Universal Systemless Interface' you can find all Magisk related information and download links here>>> https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

PS: Use Magisk or use latest SuperSU V2.82 (suggested bybhaszry)or try these solutions>>> Link-1, Link-2 by  AlvaroTom.

Final Note: Any comment or suggestion about this tut will be greatly appreciated...,besides, feel free to comment your issues you encountered during the whole process. I'll try my best to reply your comments.

Favorite148 Share

Rated by 9 people   Experience Reason  

zulhaidir86 + 1 Great!
XshreyX + 10 Fantastic!
tanveer19 + 1 Great!
Caylean + 2 Works flawlessly!
Milad-cpt + 1 Great!
DaiNecrom + 1 Awesome!
magnus48 + 1 Great!
AlvaroTom + 1 <font><font>¡Gracias!</fo
cinolek + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +19  View Rating Log

Always Believe that something
Wonderful is about to happen...,

Nothing is impossible

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
Online time
242 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi VRMi HomeMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mi MIXMi TV 70Ninebot MiniMijia VR Play 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeMijia Walkie TalkieXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesMijia Electric ScooterMi BoxXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowAnTuTuFantastic!Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8I Love MIUI4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 4XMIUI Happy Medal300K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterRingolicious MedalRooster Year of 2017Super SundayRocket to FutureSuper SaturdaySuper TuesdayMIUI 2017Hilal Ramadan Super ThursdayMIUI World Tour3500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper MondaySuper Wednesday90000 Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 100 Million Users1st AnniversaryHappy Diwali100k Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali MIUI Fan From Philippines500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI PAtaturk MourningMIUI 9MIUI Font LoverMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI SGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Story TellerMi TalentMr. DependableAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomForum Contest Lover25 Million StrongUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerTheme TalentMIUI SuperstarOTA FeedbackMIUI ExpertDebate MasterAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyIndia Independence DayMIUI KingMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master

19:52, Jun-13-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
already know it,bjt helpful for neewbies thanks for sharing though

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

MAS4112 + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
V9.0.3.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi Band 2Mijia VR Play 2Mi MIXMi HomeMi VRMi ScaleMagic CubeMi BoxMi TV 70Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Fantastic!Redmi Note 4X4 Million Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppWomen's Day MedalSurge S1MIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterRooster Year of 2017MIUI PSuper WednesdayMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI World Tour10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 9Super TuesdaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper Thursday100k Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 7th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Super FridayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewDebate MasterTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyRingtone ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI SuperstarMost Active MIUIerMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI KingMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMi Lover Medal

Author| 20:20, Jun-13-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by MAS4112 at 09:11, Aug-11-2017
amit56 replied at 2017-6-13 17:52
already know it,bjt helpful for neewbies thanks for sharing though

Thank you for your valuable comment...,the main target of this thread is to make the whole 'twrp flashing' process easier to understand for everyone, specially for beginners!

arthgalicio + 2 Agreed!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V9.0.3.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRRedmi Note 4X3500K Forum MembersMIUI ExpertScroll Of Wisdom

20:59, Jun-13-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
thanls for this

MAS4112 + 1 Thanks!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM
06:10, Jun-14-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
golddddd

MAS4112 + 1 Thanks!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.10.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM
10:56, Jun-14-2017 | From PC
|
Sir, you're awesome! I just got my phone today and followed this tutorial and worked flawlessly! Thank you!

MAS4112 + 2 Thanks!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
V9.0.3.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Author| 18:02, Jun-14-2017 | From PC
|
xtring replied at 2017-6-14 08:56
Sir, you're awesome! I just got my phone today and followed this tutorial and worked flawlessly! Tha ...

You're welcome...,I'm glad, you find it helpful. And thank you for your nice feedback!

Platinum Member

Decision Defines Destiny

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
Online time
177 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HomeUnlock MedalMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 4X100k Forum MembersRingolicious MedalSuper TuesdayMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdayPuzzle Master90000 Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 2017Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyUpdates LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomIndia Independence DayForum Contest LoverMIUI Halloween 2017Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Active MIUIerMIUI Follower

16:46, Jun-15-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
thanks

MAS4112 + 1 Thanks!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
V9.0.3.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Author| 23:57, Jun-17-2017 | From PC
|

You're welcome...,

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.5.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
04:26, Jun-23-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Lostxmind84 at 04:52, Jun-23-2017

Hi, thanks for the tuto ! But i got one problem.. i rebooted to Fastboot mode, but after plug in my phone to the PC, the command adb devices returns nothing.. as if the phone was not connected... And the phone is correctly detected when booted.. Any advice ? thanks !
Edit : in fact it worked even if the "adb devices" command returned nothing.. i used the fastboot command and installation and reboot were OK !

Thanks !

Comment

MAS4112 Replied...,you can check it below!  13:57, Jun-29-2017

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list