[ Promote]
524 3 |
02:44, Apr-15-2019 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Colombino at 02:47, Apr-15-2019

Hello guys,

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x with 4GB of RAM, 64GB storage and a Helio X20 CPU. The performance on the phone is great but the battery life is horrible. The battery gets drained on idle within a few hours. I just unplugged it from the charger and it lost 10% with turned off wifi and mobile internet. I literally only left it on the table and when I checked back it was 10% down...

I thought it might be the old battery, so I ordered a new original one from France, which looks and feels legit. After replacing the battery I kept having the exact same issues. No improvements at all. I have no idea whats going on. The battery life is only good when I'm in airplane mode, but then my phone is useless. I turned off GPS, sync, turned on the battery saver, I have even Greenify installed, disabled lots of background apps. Nothing helped. This is driving me crazy, because I cant go anywhere without my powerbank. The phone has a 4000mAh battery that dies within 3-4 hours.

Could it be possible that this is caused by MIUI or something in the background that is constantly connecting to the internet? Because the battery could last for days when I'm in Airplane mode. The phone has also a very long screen on time while in Airplane mode. I think it can last for hours with the screen turned on as long as the airplane mode is turned on. As soon as I connect to any kind of network the battery starts draining really fast.

Here is a small list of applications that I have installed on the phone:
  • Facebook Messenger (no FB app)
  • Edge
  • Spotify
  • Discord
  • Viber
  • Instagram
  • Firefox
  • Onedrive
  • Outlook
  • Ebay etc.

I was thinking of flashing a custom ROM on it, but there are not many options. Unlike the Snapdragon Variant, my phone doesn't seem to be supported by many main custom ROM developers like Lineage. I don't even know how to look for a ROM, because most ROMs are for the Redmi Note 4 (without the "x"). Does anyone know if the Redmi Note 4x (MTK) is using the same chipset like a Redmi Note 4 (MTK)? Both have the same codename "Nikel".

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
Favorite1 Share

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Happy New YearRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual Awards

02:50, Apr-15-2019 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
@Colombino
Mine also Redmi Note 4x MTK  Miui 10.2.1

Screenshot_2019-04-14-20-49-11-863_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Screenshot_2019-04-14-20-49-16-800_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Happy New YearRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual Awards

02:52, Apr-15-2019 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
KingRed007 replied at 2019-4-15 02:50
@Colombino
Mine also Redmi Note 4x MTK  Miui 10.2.1

It can go up to 7.30 hrs sot but no more.At this update i am facing the baddest backup because my phone always has reached 8hrs + on other updates

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

2017 Annual Awards

Author| 03:06, Apr-15-2019 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
I wanted to gift this phone to someone before buying a Pocophone or Mi 8 lite, but if this is going to be the case with all Xiaomis, I'll buy a new brand, even though I love Xiaomi. Its just unacceptable.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list