Diamond Member

Hunting for the Redmi Note 4G

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
70 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyRedmi NoteMi TVMi PadMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatInbox ZeroHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014

[Kopitiam] The Problem with Xiaomi Service Centers in Singapore

[ Promote]
13804 45 |
13:42, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Henderick at 13:44, Nov-14-2014

Hi Mi Fans, I'm writing this thread to bring up an issue about the Xiaomi Service centers in Singapore. So basically, I believe there's a bunch of MIUIers in Singapore that bought the Xiaomi Devices like Mi4 and MiPad in China and imported them into Singapore for personal use. Many passionate MIUIers in Singapore buy the Mi devices from China because many just couldn't wait for the devices to be released locally in Singapore. So basically I imported 2 MiPads from China to Singapore for personal use only. I understand that there is no international warranty provided by Xiaomi. So, I was wondering what will happen if one of my Mi Device imported from China has a problem? I messaged the Mi Singapore Facebook page and got a reply from them. I quote,
"Hi Henderick, we'd love to help but unfortunately it's a standard policy that you're only entitled to warranty at the country of your purchase. This is because the products sold in different countries vary according to the country's network frequency and other technical specs. As such, we cannot offer warranty to products that have not been tested and sold in Singapore. Hope you understand."

Okay, so what is the most common repair jobs in Xiaomi Service centers, usually it will be Screen Repairs, Battery problems? I believe that many of these repairs are very easily done with just a few spare parts required. I understand that there's no MiPad or Mi4 parts currently available in Singapore, but MIUIers who have problems with their imported devices are probably willing to wait for the parts to arrive. I also understand repair jobs in Singapore are prioritised for MIUIer who owns local Mi Devices, but can't they just charge a premium for MIUIers who bring in imported devices for the repairs? Xiaomi Singapore can't just expect the MIUIers to bring back the devices that has problems back to China to get it repaired, it will just be impossible. So what do you guys think? Can Xiaomi Service centers do better? Comment down below on your views and answer the question in the poll below.

PS: None of my Xiaomi Devices has a problem, but what if? Will my Mi device just become a brick?
Single-option Poll, 129 members voted
37.21% 48
51.94% 67
6.20% 8
4.65% 6
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite Share
Xiaomi MIUI Enthusiast
Xiaomi Arsenal:  MiPad  Redmi Note  Redmi 1s  MiRouter MiBand  Piston Earphones MiPowerBank

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
70 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyRedmi NoteMi TVMi PadMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatInbox ZeroHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014

Author| 13:45, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
*with a premium fee
Xiaomi MIUI Enthusiast
Xiaomi Arsenal:  MiPad  Redmi Note  Redmi 1s  MiRouter MiBand  Piston Earphones MiPowerBank

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2S
Online time
1598 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi VR HeadsetMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi BandMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi MIXUnlock MedalMi Portable WiFiXiaomi 6 LaunchMi KeyMi Notebook AirXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 2015MarshmallowMIUI 8Mi 3Mi Note ProRedmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi TVMi PadRedmiMi NoteMi 4cMi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi MIXMi Max 2Redmi Note 2Redmi 3Mi 4iOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanSurge S12014 ChristmasHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Philippines1st AnniversarySuper ThursdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 5th AnniversaryDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI India600K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningHilal Ramadan Happy DiwaliMIUI 4th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersSingapore Birthday800K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerMi MIX 2Mi Lover MedalMi TalentMi A1Humor MasterMIUI Community VIPStar Of IconsMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverUpdates Lover

14:17, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
Sorry to say I choose number 2, as export set end user should know themselves that no warranty given for claiming it out of the country which bought from even thought they get repair for you are a premium fee which I doubt it is feasible

As what Mi Singapore mentioned " Product that is not tested to be use in Singapore" definitely they can't do any repair job for it, this is not their decision but is more on regulatory side and why should they risk themselves for repair equipment which is not approve by regulatory?

Before you purchase from China you should know it yourself that no repair or warranty claim to be allowed in Singapore

All export set is user responsibility to send it back for warranty claim in which ever country they bought the product from, you can't simply expect the local service center to do everything for you which the equipment is not certify by local regulatory

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Strawberry Shortcake

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
632 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopGFX TeamAndroid ElfInbox ZeroSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Community VIPMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverHumor MasterAndroid Guru

14:22, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
Hello Henderick,

Thank you for your poll on this issue.
Yes indeed, users will be wondering where to get their China sets fixed if there's an issue, as Xiaomi's products do not have international warranty.

One issue that probably surfaced out as I did speak to the service centre staffs before. They have limited spare parts for local users and even if they wanna charge you premium, they may not have enough stock for you. As for products that are not sold in locally, they may not be able to get approval for the spare parts.
And I too, have Mi4 and Mipad, China set, but i haven thought that far. (or rather, I dont wish to think about sending them to the "hospital" )

Disclaimer: I do not work for Xiaomi or its service centre.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

ulun64 + 2 Agreed!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
335 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi BoxMi BandI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6Mi TVMi PadRedmi NoteHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn Festival500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamGFX TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Team Member

14:23, Nov-14-2014 | Via mobile
|
This post was edited by backlash23 at 14:29, Nov-14-2014

Hi There
I like u own a imported mipad from China and some other mi product which is not from local Singapore distributionship. The one first thing I had to forsake or give up when I embarked on this purchase is the right to request for repair from a local service centre
Surely that is a risk assessment u have to make before your purchase right ?

I know it can be tormenting to know the truth of not getting support but since we as passionate users had decided to walk this road, should we cry over the milk that we spilled from our very own hands ?

Something for you to ponder about. And I m not a Xiaomi Staff, just a volunteer who helps in the forum.

Rgds
BL23

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
250 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmi 2Mi NoteMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyInbox ZeroAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMIUI FollowerSuper Moderator

17:19, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
Lol~ I just realised how unbalanced (so far) because the moderators are replying to you. Lemme join in too.

Hendrick, I know what you mean. Hell, when I bought my audio technica headphones, I was pissed that they didn't have an international warranty, but my asus laptop got international warranty. Unfortunately, it's this case with Xiaomi too!

But what I can tell you, chop chop, we got ask XM before and I assure you, they are not doing this to bully early adopters. It's really hands tied down. The people at Xiaomi are sincere and honest, at least they don't give us vague responses. Just that, sometimes, some things, even if you have the money, they also cannot do.

Let's consider a scenario: Someone who bought China set willing to pay premium for repairs. Should we queue them before or after local sets?
If we queue them before local sets, what if local set owners make noise and say, we support you locally and you don't put us a priority. Might as well I just buy from China. What if I pay a premium to queue myself before a premium paid China set?
Demand up, supply same, expenses will go up also. Repairs that should be cheaper is now more expensive as a result. Will Xiaomi be able to maintain their stand in SG? This is one of their selling points.

What I'm trying to say here is that your argument is not invalid, but it also brings out further questions on how Xiaomi can serve us as customers in a fair and deserving way.

At this point, I trust Xiaomi's decision and I also trust that Xiaomi have plans and maybe even goals, to reach out to all local Xiaomi fans (regardless where they buy their device from) as well as they can.

Nevertheless, it's a good (no doubt, often discussed) thread. The more opinions, the better also

Henderick + 1 Agreed! I didnt about that! It makes sen

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5A
Online time
77 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMIUI 2015RedmiRedmi 1SMIUI Fan From Singapore1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Happy Medal300K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day500K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DaySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyAndroid ElfMi Story TellerMIUI Global Forum 2014Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor Master

17:32, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
Unfortunately 2 would still be the answer. BUT then if they are proactive enough, maybe they should offer a value added service to assist owners of imported set to ship back to china to repair (shipping /service charges apply)

Henderick + 1 Agreed!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
70 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:38, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Henderick at 17:46, Nov-14-2014

that's actually a great idea Little_MIan, if there's really going to be a problem with an imported Mi Device, paying for shipping and the service charges will be reasonable!Explodreamer, I didnt thought about, makes lots of sense! But hopefully Xiaomi Singapore can come out with some ways to help these customers, just like what Little_MIan suggested. As us being consumers in Singapore, it will be extremely challenging to get these imported devices back to China for repairs by ourselves

Xiaomi MIUI Enthusiast

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2S
Online time
1598 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi VR HeadsetMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi BandMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi MIXUnlock MedalMi Portable WiFiXiaomi 6 LaunchMi KeyMi Notebook AirXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 2015MarshmallowMIUI 8Mi 3Mi Note ProRedmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi TVMi PadRedmiMi NoteMi 4cMi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi MIXMi Max 2Redmi Note 2Redmi 3Mi 4iOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanSurge S12014 ChristmasHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Philippines1st AnniversarySuper ThursdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 5th AnniversaryDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI India600K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningHilal Ramadan Happy DiwaliMIUI 4th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersSingapore Birthday800K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerMi MIX 2Mi Lover MedalMi TalentMi A1Humor MasterMIUI Community VIPStar Of IconsMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverUpdates Lover

18:16, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
If you want to get an export set you should know no one will be helping you to ship back to material for RMA except for yourself, I don't see why customer responsibility of getting export set is not there

I will never agreed that Xiaomi must help end user who need to ship back their export set, the reason is very simple if you can get your export set ship to SG and why you can't get it ship back to China yourself for RMA?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
335 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi BoxMi BandI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6Mi TVMi PadRedmi NoteHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn Festival500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamGFX TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Team Member

23:17, Nov-14-2014 | From PC
|
Henderick replied at 2014-11-14 17:38
that's actually a great idea Little_MIan, if there's really going to be a problem with an imported M ...

As mentioned before by my post, it is a risk factor that we as consumers have to bear. We have to understand from business prospective that Xiaomi Singapore did not held anyone at Gun point to purchase all the product from China just because we are a passionate bunch.

In actual fact, they would on the reverse side greatly encourage users to purchase from local source as such issues raised by you would have been put through table talk exercise even before Xiaomi started it's operations here in Singapore.

Do think about Risk Assessment. If you are not a Risk Taker, then do not embark on this journey of buying parallel import items. Shifting the responsibility to the company is not the way to go. Imagine everyone doing that to a certain business, would the company not faced tremendous difficulties in it's operation ?

Risk Taking = Personal Responsibility. If you are afraid of Risk then do not embark on this journey.

Just to share a story, one of the moderator here bought a Mipad with defect. He sent it back to China for RMA rather than trying to reason with the local service centre to perform roles or task that are way beyond them.

Do think about it.

Rgds
BL23

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list