Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
289 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMIUI 2015I Love MIUIRedmi 2Redmi600K Forum Members300K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Star Of IconsHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Notifications For Your Messaging Apps In Redmi 1

[ Promote]
5074 15 |
05:42, Nov-11-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by aremeis at 07:56, Nov-11-2014

Of late I could not help noticing that there are many users who are having problems getting real time notificatons with their Xiaomi phones and felt compelled to share what I did to allow my Redmi1 to have notifications successfully with my messaging apps namely QQ (China/International) and Whatsapp.

Before you do anything with the settings of the device, please ensure that you have the latest version of your messaging apps by update or download and install the app's latest version.

For the newly installed please do not do anything with its settings and for those who had installed previously, please go inside the app's settings and ensure that it's settings are back to "Default". I know that you may like to have your preferred but there are other issues that may arise and cause your phone's security settings to be in conflict with your selection(s) here.

For QQ China
1. After login please "swipe" your screen to the "right" to bring up the Menu
2. Tap the "Wheel" icon (设置) at the bottom left corner of the Menu
QQ China Menu.jpg

3. Make sure you have all these turned on
QQ China Notification Setting.jpg

4. Then exit to proceed to customize the phone's "Security" settings for QQ China.

5. Proceed to Settings > select General Settings > select Apps > select QQ China in the list.
General Settings.jpg General Settings Apps.jpg

6. Inside QQ China Apps Info, please turn on "Enable Floating Windows"
Settings QQ App info.jpg

7. Tap "OK" to go back to QQ App Info
Settings alert Float.jpg

8. Back inside QQ App info, please scroll down and tap "Manage Permissions"
   Settings QQ App info scroll down.jpg

9. Now, it will be quite easy if you could just "turn on" - "Trust This App" but for those who are paranoid about security just set as per picture below:
QQ Permission1.jpg    QQ Permission2.jpg

10. After this please proceed with Annex below.

For QQ International
1. After login please "tap" tap the "Compass" icon on the top right corner of your Contacts display
QQ International contact list.jpg

2. Tap the "Wheel" icon at the bottom right corner of the Control Panel Menu
QQ International Control Panel.jpg

3. In "Settings" please tap "Notifications"
QQ International Settings.jpg

4. Please ensure that the "Alert" settings are as picture below:
QQ International Notifications Settings.jpg

5. Exit to proceed to customize the phone's "Security" settings for QQ International.

6. Please follow steps 5 to steps 10 as per QQ China.

For Whatsapp
1. After opening the app, please tap the "Settings" icon located at the top right corner (3 vertically lined squares)
Whatsapp Contact List.jpg

2. In "Settings" please tap on "Notifications"
Whatspp Settings.jpg

3. Inside "Notifications Menu", please ensure that "Conversation tones" and "Contact ringtone" are "Ticked".
"Vibrate" is in "Default"
Then tap "Popup notification"
Whatsapp Notifications Menu.jpg

4. Inside "Popup notification settings" please select "Always show popup"
Whatsapp Popup Notification settings.jpg

5. Exit to proceed to customize the phone's "Security" settings for Whatsapp.

6. Proceed to Settings > select General Settings > select Apps > select Whatsapp in the list.
   General Settings Apps1.jpg

7.  Inside Whatsapp Apps Info, please turn on "Enable Floating Windows"
Whatsapp app info.jpg

8. Tap "OK" to go back to Whatsapp App Info
Whatsapp Floating Window.jpg

9. Back inside Whatsapp App info, please scroll down and tap "Manage Permissions"

10.  Now, it will be quite easy if you could just "turn on" - "Trust This App" but for those who are paranoid about security just set as per picture below:
Whatspp permission1.jpg    Whatsapp permission2.jpg

Annex:
After you have gone through the above steps to configure your apps and the permissions for your apps, you will need to ensure that you observe and perform the following:

a. Please ensure that the above apps are inside your phone's storage and are NOT "moved" and "stored" in your SD card.
b. You must also ensure that your "Default Input" app (Stock/3rd party) are inside your phone's storage.
c. Please ensure that the above apps including "Default Input" are NOT "hibernated" or "froze" by mod apps.
d. After everything is done, you MUST reboot your device for the settings to take effect.
e. Congratulations! You should now have the real time alerts as per picture below:
Popup Notification.jpg    Popup Notification1.jpg

Important Notes:
  • Please note that for these push notifications to work, it is very important that your device must have access to "Mobile Networks" or WiFi
  • It is very important that your apps must be updated to the latest version to ensure of their optimum performance since the latest version would have bugs of the previous resolved and in the process affects the alert functions as well.
  • Please ensure that you reboot your device when you make any changes to the "permissions" for the relevant apps or the changes will not take effect.
  • Please ensure that you are using the official MIUI ROM (firmware) and that your device (Redmi 1) is original.

Thank you for your attention here and should you still encounter any problems please feel free to provide your invaluable feedback. I must stress the steps advocated here is for the original Redmi 1 using the Official MIUI ROM and as such anything other than this device, please post a thread for the relevant device category to be attended.

Favorite1 Share

Rated by 12 people   Experience Reason  

Percee + 1 Fantastic!
sajalhossain13 + 4 Great!
cergei + 1 Thanks!
Benji_Lapinid + 1 Thanks!
buttwaris + 5 Thanks!
Malathi + 5 Thanks!
shengchai + 5 Thanks!
rocco6 + 5 Awesome!
ATP:RedRice + 5 Thanks!
kriszpontaz + 5 Awesome!
meredithhan + 6 Great!
AndroidFuchs + 10 Awesome!

Experience +53  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
287 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMIUI 8MIUI 7I Love MIUIRedmi 2Mi 4iMi TVXiaomi Mi 4300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore800K Forum Members600K Forum MembersMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Humor MasterDie-hard MIUI Fan

15:15, Nov-11-2014 | From PC
|
Nice written, good work @aremeis! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

aremeis All this would not be possible if great team members like yourself aren't around to elevate thinking and motivate! So credit to you, too. We are a Team here!!  23:30, Nov-11-2014

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
454 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Thanksgiving DayDiwali 300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerSenior Beta TesterAndroid GuruStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroYouth PledgeOTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanHumor Master

22:25, Nov-11-2014 | From PC
|
lol, i'm even busy in screenshots
Thanks for the tips

Comment

aremeis Well, what can I say for dedicated people like yourself and I'm just proud to associate and most of all, be part of the most impressive team I've come across. So, thank you too!  23:32, Nov-11-2014

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
87 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6I Love MIUIRedmi 1SMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th Anniversary2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali Summer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Star Of IconsMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

11:35, Nov-12-2014 | From PC
|
Me too have this problem of no notifications with QQ and whatsapp. Will change the settings and let you know. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

aremeis You are welcome and do let me know if you have further problems on the Notifications. Have a nice day.  15:17, Nov-14-2014

Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Global Forum 2014

19:39, Dec-14-2014 | From PC
|
Very useful. Thanks

Comment

aremeis Thank you and I hope you will be able to enjoy this app even more with this setting.  20:34, Dec-14-2014

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Pro
Online time
36 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 8Mi TVMi 4iMIUI 4th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayThanksgiving DayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum App1800K Forum MembersDiwali 800K Forum MembersHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI KingMi TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI Fan

13:20, Dec-15-2014 | From PC
|
i have done this and it works perfectly fine

Comment

aremeis Thank you for your favorable feedback and I hope that you will enjoy the apps much more with the push notifications.  14:13, Dec-15-2014

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Pro
Online time
36 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 8Mi TVMi 4iMIUI 4th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayThanksgiving DayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum App1800K Forum MembersDiwali 800K Forum MembersHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI KingMi TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI Fan

08:44, Dec-16-2014 | From PC
|
Benji_Lapinid replied at 2014-12-15 13:20
i have done this and it works perfectly fine

yes it is well very useful apps, thank you so much

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
464 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandMIUI 7Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 6MIUI 2015Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Mi TVMIUI 4th Anniversary1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI UKMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan 300K Forum Members500K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI India700K Forum Members2014 Christmas600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Forum Contest LoverDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Medals CollectorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruOTA FeedbackStar Of IconsMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfMIUI FollowerHumor Master

08:31, Dec-18-2014 | From PC
|
Good work

Comment

aremeis Thank you for the compliment, hope you have a nice day and a good time with your messaging apps.  16:09, Dec-18-2014

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
26 Hours
Send PM

Fan Of MIUI GreeceRooster Year of 2017

21:36, Dec-21-2014 | From PC
|
Nice written, good work @aremeis! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

aremeis I am glad that this post of mine is found helpful and hope it will further enhance your enjoyment using the app.  15:43, Dec-22-2014

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list