Send PM

[Discussion] Ability to rollback stable ROM

[ Promote]
914 6 |
23:27, Mar-14-2019 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
I think it will be a good idea to implement the ability to rollback ROMs.
Of course, with some restrictions.

Anyway, don't forget to vote and if you have related ideas feel free to add them in the comments.
Single-option Poll, 100 members voted

Count down: 291 days 1 hours 4 mins.

Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite Share

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Puzzle MasterSuper MondayHeart to HeartMIUI 10MIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersPioneer of MIUI English Forum 25 Million Strong

00:20, Mar-15-2019 | From Mi Max 2
|
free movement from beta version to stable version & voice versa, without losing application data.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Happy 2019MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

08:32, Mar-15-2019 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
I really want that features, however I guess wouldn't be possible at all

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
239 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinety Degree LuggageUnlock MedalMi HomeMi BandNinebot MiniI Love MIUIAwesome!AnTuTuMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper SundayMerry Christmas2 Million Forum MembersMIUI SSuper MondayRocket to Future1st AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI PScroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereMIUI 10MIUI Follower13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorHappy 2019MIUI Tech SurveyOreoDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Halloween 2018Heart to HeartPOCO F1Humor MasterMaster Of TechnologyStar Of Technology6 Million Forum Members8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz9 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI Quick DiscussionSurpriseDebate MasterStar WarsMIUI KingMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalXiaomi 8th Anniversary

10:09, Mar-15-2019 | From PC
|
I don't understand, sorry... but our max 2 doesn't have ARB, we don't have oreo or pie that prevents rollback.
We can always perform downgrade/rollback using several known methods. And if your phone's bootloader is unlocked there is almost no restriction to what rom you want to use provided you know how to do it right.

So what "Ability to rollback stable ROM" are you asking for?

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
133 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 17:17, Mar-15-2019 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Andrew_SD at 11:20, Mar-15-2019

To downgrade your ROM, if you think something is wrong or not working properly. We have many people complaining about battery drain, camera and/or bluetooth or wifi signals problems and many more after updated to latest release.
Let customers choose their ROM (1 or 2 or 3 versions below stable release).

Of course, you can do it if you have UBL.

BUT
:
In many countries unlocking the bootloader will void your warranty !!!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
239 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinety Degree LuggageUnlock MedalMi HomeMi BandNinebot MiniI Love MIUIAwesome!AnTuTuMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper SundayMerry Christmas2 Million Forum MembersMIUI SSuper MondayRocket to Future1st AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI PScroll Of WisdomDiscuss HereMIUI 10MIUI Follower13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorHappy 2019MIUI Tech SurveyOreoDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Halloween 2018Heart to HeartPOCO F1Humor MasterMaster Of TechnologyStar Of Technology6 Million Forum Members8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz9 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMIUI Quick DiscussionSurpriseDebate MasterStar WarsMIUI KingMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalXiaomi 8th Anniversary

17:36, Mar-15-2019 | From Mi Max 2
|
Andrew_SD replied at 2019-3-15 17:17
To downgrade your ROM, if you think something is wrong or not working properly. We have many people  ...

Oh I see.. I got what you mean.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
22:14, Mar-15-2019 | From Mi Max 2
|
mi max 2 doesn't have anti rollback feature

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list