| This post was edited by FoxtrottPl at 14:04, Apr-20-2017 |
Today I will take you on a journey through Australia by presenting some trivia that you may not know about this country, on this time I will present you a new version of the Mi Bunny tour, please reply in the poll which version you prefer older or newer?1. Aboriginal, native Australians, arrived in the continent over 50 thousand. Years ago from the Asian archipelago on rafts and small boats.
2. Australia is the smallest continent - it has 7.7 million km2 and the sixth largest country in the world (after Russia, Canada, China, United States and Brazil).
3. Australia is one of the most flat countries with an average height not exceeding 330 m. The highest point in the continent is Mount Kosciuszko with a height of 2228 m.
4. Australia is the only continent in the world without an active volcano.
5. 90 percent of Australia's territory is barren and unsuitable for cultivation.
6. In Australia live the happiest animals in the world - kuoki, small marsupials with constantly smiling mouths.
7. Emu and kangaroos are unable to walk backwards, so they are in the coat of arms of Australia. They symbolize the people going forward.
8. Kangaroo meat is available in every supermarket. Used as a substitute for beef and mutton, especially valued for low fat content (1-2%).
9. Australia is one of the least inhabited countries in the world. The population density is 2.8 persons per km2.
10.The smallest city in Australia is Cooladdi located in southwestern Queensland. It has its own motel, train station, post office, grocery store, restaurant, pub and only four residents.
11. 90 percent of Australians live in cities, usually no more than 30 minutes by car from the nearest beach.
12.Every fourth Australian was born outside of Australia.
13. Australians use more than 200 different languages and dialects, including 45 indigenous languages. The most commonly used languages outside of English are Italian, Greek, Arabic, Vietnamese and Mandarin.
14. The savor of Australians is vegemite - toast spreads made from yeast extract.
15. The longest fence in the world is located in Australia. It has 5614 km in length and is twice the length of the Chinese Wall. Known as Dingo Fence protects sheep against dingo dogs.
16. The capital of Australia is Canberra, located in the Australian Capital Territory. It lives 375 thousand. People.
17. Great Coral Reef is the longest reef in the world (2010 km long) and at the same time the largest organic structure in the world.
18. Uluru (also known as Ayers Rock) is the largest rock monolith in the world, dating to more than 600 million years ago. It is 3.6 km long, 1.9 km wide and 348 meters high.
19. Kings Park in Perth is one of the largest and most beautiful urban parks in the world.
20. Australian spring is from September to November, summer is from December to February, autumn is from March to May, winter is from June to August.
What do you love most about Australia?
Reply before 5th May to receive MIUI Fan of Australia medal!