Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
398 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Flashholic4 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMerry ChristmasSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper FridayI Love 2016Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI World Tour300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPop9 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru10 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTheme Talent

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] 'Camera MOD' for Redmi 4A (ROLEX) MIUI 8 & MIUI 9

[ Promote]
95817 1245 |
08:58, Apr-17-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 15:03, Mar-07-2018

Hi MIUI-ers,

Last Update : February 15, 2018 :

This 'Mod' works on (MIUI ROM, Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe) :
  • Stable ROM : MIUI : 8.1.x.0, 8.2.x.0, 8.5.x.0, 9.x.x.0
  • Developer ROM : MIUI : v7.x.x, 7.12.x, 8.1.x, 8.2.x, 8.3.x

New features for MIUI Camera App :
  • HDR
  • Fully Working Manual Mode (Exposure Time, Focus, White Balance, ISO) without losing the Scene mode
  • Square Mode (Only works on some ROMs)
  • Full Size Panorama
  • Slow Motion Video Recording (Only working on some ROMs, need good light conditions, and set the resolution to HD or SD)
  • Audio Focus Mode in Video Recording
  • Camera Torch capture
  • Quick Snap Mode
  • Age Stamp in Photo (Front Camera)

If you have problems understanding this thread (English), try : https://translate.google.com/

Thanks to @akmalpolex for helping me test this 'mod', really appreciate it.

Please be noted I will not take any responsibility for anything happened to your device.

What do you need:
  • An unlocked Redmi 4A ROLEX (You can follow this guide or this guide to unlock the bootloader, don't worry, the Bootloader Unlocking Guide is applicable to all Xiaomi devices.).
  • TWRP Recovery installed.
  • This file : 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_17xxxx_ROLEX.zip'
  • No Root needed (You DON'T need to root your phone to use this Mod)

Installer :
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_ROLEX_180215.zip
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_ROLEX_180215_Dev.zip

VERY IMPORTANT !! BACKUP Boot, System & Data partition using TWRP to ext sd-card
It's really a good habit to backup before flashing anything to your phone, personally i always backup using TWRP before flashing.

Please follow these steps to Install :
  • Make sure you've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery.
  • Copy 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_17xxxx_ROLEX.zip' to your phone (skip this if you download the file using your phone).
  • Boot into TWRP recovery mode. You can do this in two ways:
    Method 1: Open ‘Updater’ and click the ‘…’ the icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
    Method 2: Turn off your device and hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
  • Backup Boot, System & Data partition.
    Tap on Backup » and select Boot, System & Data check boxes and swipe on the Swipe to confirm option at the bottom of the screen to confirm backup.
  • Install the Zip file:
    Tap on Install » browse to the location where you saved the file and select the 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_17xxxx_ROLEX.zip' file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
  • Reboot your phone (No need to wipe anything)

If you like to undo this Mod, download the Uninstaller below & flash via TWRP
(No need to restore from TWRP, the Uninstaller will do it perfectly and very much faster)

Uninstaller :
HZQ_MIUI_UNINSTALL_REDMI4_170519.zip (124.28 KB, Downloads: 3786)
Most Frequently Asked Questions :

Q: Will my phone get bricked / bootloop flashing this 'Mod'?
A: Very unlikely, but...Please keep reading.

To help preventing bootloop, Please make sure you disable DM-Verity check from Advance Options / Settings of TWRP. ZCX TWRP and many others well-known TWRP  have the option to disable DM-Verify (see picture below).

TWRP 1 - Disable DM-Verify.jpg

If your TWRP doesn't have the option to disable DM-Verify, You can flash LazyFlasher (this LazyFlasher also works in Redmi 4A, you can read more about LazyFlasher here) right after you flash the Mod (flash Mod, flash LazyFlasher, then boot) to help preventing bootloop (thanks to @MohamadReza91 & @Suspect008 to pointed this out).

Please backup your BOOT, SYSTEM and DATA partition 1st via TWRP before flashing.

Q: How do I uninstall this Mod ?
A: Download the uninstaller, and flash it via TWRP.

Q: Can I Update via OTA-Update?
A: It really depends on what custom recovery you're using. Some custom recovery like ZCX TWRP support OTA-Update, but you need to follow some steps to enable the OTA-Update support. If you like to upgrade your ROM via OTA-Update, You need to flash the Uninstaller to undo this Mod.

For custom recovery that doesn't support OTA-Update, you can upgrade your ROM using Full recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM.

Q: Do I need to root my phone to use this Mod ?
A: NOPE, no need.

Q: But If my phone already rooted....is ok to flashing this Mod?
A: Absolutely. This Mod doesn't need a rooted device, but it works just fine with rooted device.

Q: Does this Mod works with xiaomi.eu ROMs?
A: Absolutely. This Mod also works on other custom ROMs that are based on MIUI ROM (XXiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe, etc)

Q: What exactly does the Mod do to the MIUI Camera app and why some features are not working or not perfectly working?
A: Well, Nothing!
Hah?? really?!!? are you sure??!!
yap, really, absolutely nothing, trust me (I made this mod, remember?)
Your MIUI Camera app is exactly the same.

What the Mod really do is enabling features that are already in your MIUI Camera app (but disabled, don't ask me why Xiaomi's developer hided these features away) by changing the device properties file. and because of this reason, how these 'new features' behave  very much depend on the ROM you are using, for example the Square Mode and Slow Motion seems to work better with Dev ROM.

Dev Rom is always newer then Stable ROM, so all these enhancements in Dev ROM hopefully will come to Stable ROM later.

Slow Motion seems to only works in HD or SD resolution (quality) and it need good light conditions to work

Q: May I share your Mod on my website?
A: Yes, of course, please put a link to my thread here in your web.

ROLEX_Camera SS Modes - 01.png ROLEX_Camera SS Video Mode.png ROLEX_Camera SS Manual - 01.jpg ROLEX_Camera SS - Torch.jpg ROLEX_Camera SS Video - Audio Focus.jpg

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_ROLEX_170926.zip

127.96 KB, Downloads: 8156, Download cost : Experience -1

Favorite104 Share

Rated by 9 people   Experience Reason  

1781141795 + 1 Great!
Riorostin + 2 Fantastic!
AstroNautUA + 2 Awesome!
Raveloo + 1 Awesome!
chipuz1 + 1 Fantastic!
skmaiti2050 + 1 Fantastic!
wooden_wood + 1 Great!
IrinaSPB + 1 Great!
reply56 + 2 Thanks!

Experience +12  View Rating Log

Mi Max 2 | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 8.3.29 | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
11:44, Apr-17-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
i try it

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
15:44, Apr-17-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
Thanks. I will try it.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMIUI Devices Contest

17:43, Apr-17-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
let me try

Credits
Device
Online time
19 Hours
Send PM
19:03, Apr-17-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
wow slow motion

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
Online time
51 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMIUI Devices ContestRocket to FutureMIUI 2017Super SundayMIUI Forum AppMiPopOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfDebate MasterMost Popular Forum UserMi Lover Medal

22:39, Apr-17-2017 | From PC
|
Thank you for sharing. I'll try.
My paypal - >https://paypal.me/manucarmona
Visit my Website BUILDS Website

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:45, Apr-17-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
thanks for sharing

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
00:16, Apr-18-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
this mod not work for my phone Hm4a with rom miui.eu stable 8140.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
398 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Flashholic4 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMerry ChristmasSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper FridayI Love 2016Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI World Tour300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPop9 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru10 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTheme Talent

Author| 00:26, Apr-18-2017 | From APP
|
Ryananggara replied at 2017-4-17 23:16
this mod not work for my phone Hm4a with rom miui.eu stable 8140.

not work = nothing changed after you flashed?

Did you install the zip via updater?
Mi Max 2 | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 8.3.29 | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Mi Lover Medal

01:11, Apr-18-2017 | From Redmi 4A
|
thanks

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list