Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
398 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Flashholic4 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMerry ChristmasSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper FridayI Love 2016Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI World Tour300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPop9 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru10 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTheme Talent

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] 'Camera MOD' for Redmi 4 (PRADA) / Prime (MARKW) MIUI 8 & MIUI 9

[ Promote]
192983 3833 |
11:39, Apr-13-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 15:01, Mar-07-2018

Hi MIUI-ers,

Last Update : February 15, 2018 :

This Mod works on (MIUI ROM, Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe) :
  • Stable ROM : MIUI : 8.1.x.0, 8.2.x.0, 8.5.x.0, 9.x.x.0
  • Developer ROM : MIUI : v7.x.x, 7.12.x, 8.1.x, 8.2.x, 8.3.x

*Previous Updates :
  • Add a 'Developer (Dev)' version Mod.
    'Dev' version has an additional feature 'advanced HDR' (Pro & Live HDR mode for Camera & HDR for Video Recording), HDR mode in video recording might not work on some ROMs, If you like to use it, remember to turn HDR mode off before switching to front camera or any other camera mode and your MIUI Camera app should be fine.
    (if you like to try the 'dev' mod, download the 'dev' zip file and flash, no need to uninstall the current mod).
  • Add some video links showing this mod works (thanks to @AddinMohd).

New features for MIUI Camera App :
  • 4K Video Recording (Redmi 4 Prime only)
  • HDR
  • Fully Working Manual Mode (Exposure Time, Focus, White Balance, ISO) without losing the Scene mode
  • Square Mode (Only works on some ROMs)
  • Full Size Panorama
  • Slow Motion Video Recording (Set video quality to SD or HD & need good light conditions)
  • Audio Focus Mode in Video Recording
  • Camera Torch capture
  • Quick Snap Mode
  • Age Stamp in Photo (Front Camera)
  • Mirror Front Camera
  • Burst Shoot Count One Time = 100

If you have problems understanding this thread (English), try : https://translate.google.com/

Thanks to @AddinMohd, @MatesSmith & @Slave84 for helping me test this mod, really appreciate it.

Please be noted I will not take any responsibility for anything happened to your device.

What do you need:
  • An unlocked Redmi 4 PRADA / Prime MARKW (You can follow this guide or this guide to unlock the bootloader, don't worry, the Bootloader Unlocking Guide is applicable to all Xiaomi devices)
  • TWRP Recovery installed (You can follow this guide (REDMI 4 PRIME / MARKW Only) to install TWRP)
  • This file : 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MARKW_17xxxx.zip' (for Redmi 4 Prime) or 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_PRADA_17xxxx.zip' (for Redmi 4)
  • No Root needed (You DON'T need to root your phone to use this Mod)

Installer :
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MARKW_180215.zip
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MARKW_180215_Dev.zip
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_PRADA_180215.zip
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_PRADA_180215_Dev.zip

VERY IMPORTANT !! BACKUP Boot, System & Data partition using TWRP to ext sd-card
It's really a good habit to backup before flashing anything to your phone, personally i always backup using TWRP before flashing.

Please follow these steps to Install :
  • Make sure you've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery.
  • Copy 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MARKW_17xxxx.zip' or 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_PRADA_17xxxx.zip' to your phone (skip this if you download the file using your phone).
  • Boot into TWRP recovery mode. You can do this in two ways:
    Method 1: Open ‘Updater’ and click the ‘…’ the icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
    Method 2: Turn off your device and hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
  • Backup Boot, System & Data partition.
    Tap on Backup » and select Boot, System & Data check boxes and swipe on the Swipe to confirm option at the bottom of the screen to confirm backup.
  • Install the Zip file:
    Tap on Install » browse to the location where you saved the file and select the 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MARKW
    _17xxxx.zip' or 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_PRADA_17xxxx.zip' file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
  • Reboot your phone (No need to wipe anything)

If you like to undo this Mod, download the Uninstaller below & flash via TWRP
(No need to restore from TWRP, the Uninstaller will do it perfectly and very much faster)

Uninstaller :
HZQ_MIUI_UNINSTALL_REDMI4_170519.zip (124.28 KB, Downloads: 3472)
Samples & Testimonies :
@AddinMohd wrote :
625# : Its (manual mode) working for sure. Check my video here -->  https://youtu.be/IlDUpRQy_vI
595# : Slow mo needs a very good lighting condition. I am one of the tester for this mod. For those who wondering if it works or not, I've uploaded a slow mo video using this mod on youtube. Check here -->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAVl_5vbSzw

@theSyd wrote (1782#) : This mod is awesome. I took some of the best macros I've ever took on a phone, thanks to the focus peaking feature...

Most Frequently Asked Questions :

Q: Will my phone get bricked / bootloop flashing this Mod?
A: Very unlikely, but...Please keep reading.

To help preventing bootloop, Please make sure you disable DM-Verity check from Advance Options / Settings of TWRP. ZCX TWRP and many others well-known TWRP  have the option to disable DM-Verify (see picture below).

TWRP 1 - Disable DM-Verify.jpg

If your TWRP doesn't have the option to disable DM-Verify, You can flash LazyFlasher (this LazyFlasher also works in Redmi 4 Prada / Prime, you can read more about LazyFlasher here) right after you flash the Mod (flash Mod, flash LazyFlasher, then boot) to help preventing bootloop (thanks to @MohamadReza91 & @Suspect008 to pointed this out).

Please backup your BOOT, SYSTEM and DATA partition 1st via TWRP before flashing.

Q: How do I uninstall this Mod ?
A: Download the uninstaller, and flash it via TWRP.

Q: Can I Update via OTA-Update?
A: It really depends on what custom recovery you're using. Some custom recovery like ZCX TWRP support OTA-Update, but you need to follow some steps to enable the OTA-Update support. If you like to upgrade your ROM via OTA-Update, You need to flash the Uninstaller to undo this Mod.

For custom recovery that doesn't support OTA-Update, you can upgrade your ROM using Full recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM.

Q: Do I need to root my phone to use this Mod ?
A: NOPE, no need.

Q: But If my phone already rooted....is ok to flashing this Mod?
A: Absolutely. This Mod doesn't need a rooted device, but it works just fine with rooted device.

Q: Does this Mod works with xiaomi.eu ROMs?
A: Absolutely. This Mod also works on other custom ROMs that are based on MIUI ROM (Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe, etc)

Q: What exactly does the Mod do to the MIUI Camera app and why some features are not working or not perfectly working?
A: Well, Nothing!
Hah?? really?!!? are you sure??!!
yap, really, absolutely nothing, trust me (I made this mod, remember?)
Your MIUI Camera app is exactly the same.

What the Mod really do is enabling features that are already in your MIUI Camera app (but disabled, don't ask me why Xiaomi's developer hide these features away) by changing the device properties file. and because of this reason, how these 'new features' behave are very much depend on the ROM you are using, for example the Square Mode and Slow Motion seems to work better with Dev ROM.

Dev Rom is always newer then Stable ROM, so all these enhancements in Dev ROM hopefully will come to Stable ROM later.

Slow Motion seems to only works in HD or SD resolution (quality) and it need good light conditions to work.

Q: May I share your Mod on my website?
A: Yes, of course, please put a link to my thread here in your web.

MARKW_Camera SS Modes - 01.png MARKW_Camera SS Modes - 02.png MARKW_Camera SS Video - 01.png MARKW_Camera SS Manual - 01.jpg MARKW_Camera SS Manual - 02 WhiteBalance.jpg MARKW_Camera SS Manual - 03 Focus.jpg MARKW_Camera SS Manual - 04 Exposure Time.jpg MARKW_Camera SS Manual - 05 ISO.jpg MARKW_Camera SS - HDR.jpg MARKW_Camera SS - Torch.jpg MARKW_Camera SS Settings - 01.jpg MARKW_Camera SS Video - 02 - 4K.png

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MARKW_170926.zip

127.54 KB, Downloads: 8482, Download cost : Experience -1

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_PRADA_170926.zip

127.4 KB, Downloads: 2590, Download cost : Experience -1

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MARKW_170926_Dev.zip

127.54 KB, Downloads: 2118, Download cost : Experience -1

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_PRADA_170926_Dev.zip

127.4 KB, Downloads: 920, Download cost : Experience -1

Favorite350 Share

Comment

choukawaii Indexed.  18:43, Apr-26-2017

Rated by 37 people   Experience Reason  

1679832340 + 1 Great!
InMesh + 1 Great!
Zagomah + 1 Great!
Dmutro + 1 <font style="vertical-align: inh
tpapo + 1 Great!
sosi/3 + 1 Great!
DoctorHalo + 1 Awesome!
r3mentozZ + 1 Agreed!
tukanghaur + 1 Fantastic!
Serega_S + 1 Thanks!
spyros10 + 1 Thanks!
dar12ek + 1 Fantastic!
dimak + 1 Thanks!
mtx84 + 1 Здорово!
WanR4P + 1 Awesome!
ArturAd + 1 Great!
101516757 + 1 Thanks!
CFGoFC58 + 4 Great!
SkJH.Jewel + 1 Great!
1692394249 + 1 Fantastic!
1655403320 + 1 Great!
avangarde26 + 1 Fantastic!
YuriK33 + 1 Awesome!
alansoon + 1 Thanks!
+3933568114 + 1 Thanks!
dimasa7x + 1 Awesome!
kibria.mgk + 2 Thanks!

Experience +48  View Rating Log

Mi Max 2 | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 8.3.29 | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Credits
Device
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Forum AppRocket to FutureAndroid Elf

00:14, Jun-22-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
thanks

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
30 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Bluetooth SpeakerUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMijia VR Play 2Mi VR HeadsetNinebot MiniMi Notebook AirXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Band 2Mi VRMagic CubeMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!4 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4AHappy Holi MedalSuper SundayFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper SaturdayMIUI SMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World TourWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper MondaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper TuesdaySuper FridaySurge S1Fan Of MIUI FranceSuper ThursdayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle Master10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 2017500K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI PCamera Filter Guru MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From Philippines100k Forum MembersMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI AustraliaMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersRingolicious Medal90000 Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI 10Theme TalentAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMi Story TellerDebate MasterForum Contest Lover8 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRingtone Star MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayMIUI SuperstarMr. DependableIndonesia Independence Day25 Million StrongMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Youth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackMIUI KingScroll Of Wisdom

11:42, Apr-13-2017 | From Redmi 4
|
very nice

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
Online time
26 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestRedmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI 2017MIUI PSuper SundayHappy Diwali3500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI SuperstarScroll Of Wisdom

11:50, Apr-13-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
Brilliant! But can I do this without unlocking the bootloader? Hate to lose Find Phone feature from Xiaomi.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
398 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Flashholic4 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMerry ChristmasSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper FridayI Love 2016Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI World Tour300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPop9 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru10 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTheme Talent

Author| 11:55, Apr-13-2017 | From PC
|
rawna replied at 2017-4-13 11:50
Brilliant! But can I do this without unlocking the bootloader? Hate to lose Find Phone feature from  ...

Well, You need TWRP to flash the Mod, I'm not sure if you can safely install TWRP without unlocking the bootloader (try searching the forum maybe?).

Hate to lose Find Phone feature from Xiaomi. <- what feature?
Mi Max 2 | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 8.3.29 | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
42 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi HomeMagic CubeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRMi VR HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIRedmi 4/Prime/4ARedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersSurge S1Fan Of MIUI FranceMIUI 20 Million UsersRooster Year of 2017Singapore Merlion MedalPuzzle MasterRocket to Future3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI World TourSuper MondaySuper TuesdayMIUI 20173 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum Posts300K Forum MembersSuper SundaySuper WednesdayHappy Holi MedalMIUI Forum AppHilal Ramadan 100k Forum MembersCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 95 Million Forum App Installs3500K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSuper FridaySuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI RussiaGamer Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerAndroid GuruUpdates LoverDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruAndroid ElfMaster Of Technology

12:37, Apr-13-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
nice share. will try it

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM
12:47, Apr-13-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM
13:02, Apr-13-2017 | From PC
|
good info

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestRedmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI World TourMIUI 2017Super Sunday3 Million Forum MembersSuper Tuesday10 Million Forum PostsSuper Thursday3500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMiPopMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruAndroid ElfIndonesia Independence DayMi TalentMost Popular Forum UserTheme TalentMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI Fan

13:06, Apr-13-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
nice....

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
Online time
26 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestRedmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI 2017MIUI PSuper SundayHappy Diwali3500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI SuperstarScroll Of Wisdom

13:09, Apr-13-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
This post was edited by rawna at 13:20, Apr-13-2017
黃子强 replied at 2017-4-13 11:55
Well, You need TWRP to flash the Mod, I'm not sure if you can safely install TWRP without unlockin ...

Double post*

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
Online time
26 Hours
Send PM

13:18, Apr-13-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by rawna at 13:19, Apr-13-2017
黃子强 replied at 2017-4-13 11:55
Well, You need TWRP to flash the Mod, I'm not sure if you can safely install TWRP without unlockin ...

Find Device(bottom) feature. You'll get pop up warning that says you'll lose the feature when you open MiUnlock program on computer. Screenshot_2017-04-13-13-06-46-541_com.miui.cloudservice.png

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list