Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

[Q & A] Since upgrade to V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI (MIUI8) my Redmi Note 3 SE will not boot.

[ Promote]
253 3 |
13:14, Apr-04-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hi Everyone,I have a Redmi Note 3 Special International Edition. Since updating to
Version: V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI (MIUI8) several weeks ago my phone no longer boots:
1. If I turn on using power button I get stuck at the MI mi.com powered by android screen.

If I turn on by pressing power and volume up button I get stuck at pcsuite.com screen which shows a usb cable and outline of phone.

If I turn on by pressing power and volume up down button FASTBOOT is displayed.

I have spent about 20-30 hours working through forum threads but have gotten nowhere.

My pc does not recognise the phone when connected by usb.

I cannot get the phone to power on so that I can enter developer mode and enable usb debugging and transfer of data.

Before this upgrade, PC Suite recognised my phone, but now it doesn't.

Is my phone unusable, or can it be fixed?

Can someone please help me?

Regards

Stretch1

Favorite Share

SapuraKencana

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
MIUI Version
Online time
847 Hours
Send PM

Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi MIXMi VRMi Selfie StickNinebot MiniMijia Electric ScooterUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Redmi 4XRedmi 1S4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3MIUI Fan from MalaysiaSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Happy MedalSurge S1Happy Valentine's DaySuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI World TourMerry ChristmasMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridaySuper TuesdaySuper Wednesday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalHappy Holi MedalSuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalPuzzle MasterSuper SaturdayHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 5th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Australia3500K Forum Members300K Forum Members100k Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 9MiPopGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMi TalentMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruIndonesia Independence DayIndia Independence DayAndroid ElfTheme TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Device ExpertOTA FeedbackMIUI SuperstarAndroid GuruDebate MasterYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum

19:23, Apr-04-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
|
Hy,

It means your device is bootloop.try reflash your device with this method http://en.miui.com/thread-327861-1-1.html donwload fastboot rom latest official global rom here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html choose correctly according your device.
as additional,Mi PC Suite doesn't support for device using android 6.0 or above,the developer discontinue since 2015.

Note : your device is Redmi 3S/Prime/X variants,not Redmi Note 3,based rom used.

Hit Reply button below to get fast respons

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 17:46, Apr-15-2017 | From PC
|
Hi, Sorry about the delay. I have followed your instructions but the phone still will not boot, because I can't open the device to the home screen and get to the settings menu. Hence I can't enable developer mode and usb debugging. Is the phone now un fixable?
Cheers
R

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.0.6.0.LHOMIDG
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
23:18, May-06-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Dragonfly2 at 23:20, May-06-2017

I had faced the same boot loop issue for my Redmi Note 3 SD. I did research few days. I found the upgrade from android 5.1 to 6.0 will cause boot loop, due to bootloader not yet unlock. I managed to use fastboot EDL mode to recovered my phone back to Android 5.1. This meaning you could try to use EDL mode to flash back the last known good MiUI version.

EDL method:
http://en.miui.com/thread-290959-1-1.html

Now, I am stuck at not able to unlock the android 5.1, due to changes of unlock sequence must be MIUI 8.1 above to access the unlock feature. Still searching for solution...

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list