Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalMi TalentHeart to HeartMIUI 8th Anniversary6 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz10 Million Forum Members

[Feature Request] Hi-Fi chip on all Mi Devices

[ Promote]
60 1 |
19:59, Feb-11-2019 | From Redmi Note 5
|
|
Go to reply no.
We want Hi-Fi chip on the next midrange and flagship Xiaomi phones, especially for us audiophiles!
Favorite Share

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
130 Hours
Send PM

POCO F1MIUI Weekly Devices QuizHappy 201913 Million Forum MembersOreoMIUI Medals Collector

20:40, Feb-11-2019 | From PC
|
as i explained elsewhere - this is not a great idea because having a Hi-Fi chip internally will mean increased cost for each phone that they put it into and then it also means decreased choices because right now you can get external devices that can give you closer to audiophile quality audio for example if you have Type C charging port on your phone then you can chose between this for $13

cheap external type C adapter

or for $126 you can a totally Audiophile grade unit which uses an ESS Sabre 9018 DAC chip which is used in many audiophile grade devices at far higher cost

Audiophile grade adapter

whereas if it was built into the phone you are stuck with whatever they gave you ..... i would rather have the choice so IMHO they are doing it correctly as long as you have a type C USB 3.1 port which provides enough power to any external device then whatever money you save by them not putting stupid chips built into the phone you can invest toward whichever external solution you like

i purchased the $13 unit and it works far better than the price implies even audiophiles would be impressed with it - and im eventually going to order the more expensive adapter - but i do have to import these things so with shipping plus taxes and import duties the price almost doubles .... so i have to save up a bit before i get it

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list