Welcome to MIUI Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
323 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMijia Electric ScooterMi HomeMi Power BankMi Selfie StickMi  BunnyMi VRUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi WiFi RouterYi Action CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 8Awesome!FlashholicMIUI 2016Fantastic!Mi Max Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 4cRedmi 2Redmi 34 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI HalloweenPokemon Master Medal900K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 20162100K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry ChristmasMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DaySuper SundaySuper WednesdaySuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalSuper Monday5 Million Forum App Installs3500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridaySuper ThursdayRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Super Tuesday800K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1MiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamOTA FeedbackMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruYouth PledgeMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Device ExpertStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerAndroid ElfDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Mi TalentMi Lover MedalHumor Master

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [DEVICE TEAM] Google for MIUI 8 Android 7.0 China ROM w/o unlocking bootloader

[ Promote]
16002 215 |
19:00, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by mitch002 at 11:25, Apr-04-2017

Hey MIUIers!
I'm excited to share with you on how to install Google Apps on MIUI 8 Android 7 Nougat China ROMs. This works on China Developer and China Stable ROM on Android 7. It should work with Android 6 too, but its not tested and not meant for Android 6.

I have been researching on Google apps for Android 7 China Developer ROM. However, on all of the tutorials I found and tried, all gave "Google Play Services" stopped error with "DeadSystemException". However, recently, I tried by combining 2 installation methods and found that it worked perfectly! After tested that it all worked without any problems most users have faced, I have compiled everything onto a .zip file for restore in MIUI Backup and Restore. I have also kindly added entertainment apps such as Youtube into the bundle. **Do note that Snapchat // Android Pay does not work on this version of Google. However, Gmail works perfectly fine.

Method 1 has been tested on Mi5, MI5 Pro, Mi4C to work. (Thanks @mitch002 and @navya@j for testing)
**Mi4C apparently has some issues with "Waiting for Wifi" problem. (As feedbacked by @navya@j) Do try it out on yours and reply if you encounter the same problem.For Calandar sync problem, clear data for Calandar and then launch Calandar. Issue will fix itself.
This tutorial has been tested by @mitch002 sir to work.
Method 1 - MIUI Local Backup and restore file (recommended) (easiest) (does not require PC) (make sure existing google apps have been uninstalled)
1) Download and Extract the .zip file I have uploaded onto Google Drive. Extract file according to:

If your device does not have the "AllBackup" Folder in /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/, download this.
JY.NICK Google Apps Backup & Restore Files w/o AllBackup Google Drive Download Link
Just extract zip into /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/ itself.

Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-28-45-623_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-29-19-879_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-35-58-193_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-28-50-921_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-35-49-377_com.android.fileexplorer (1).png

If your device has "AllBackup" Folder in /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/AllBackup, download this.
JY.NICK Google Apps Backup & Restore Files with AllBackup Google Drive Download Link
Just extract zip into /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/AllBackup/ itself.

> > > >

2) After extracting the files, Proceed to Settings > Additional Settings > Backup and Reset > Local Backups > Mar24, 8:05PM (161MB, 12 app data files) > Restore

Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-17-48-199_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-17-52-085_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-17-55-667_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-18-01-613_com.miui.backup.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-18-05-782_com.miui.backup.png

3) Head to Security > Permissions and enable all permissions and autostart for all google apps and restart your device.
4) Launch Google Play Store.
5) Checking Info... Sign In! (It is normal for Google Play Services to stop here. As long as the "Add your account" screen is loaded on the background, its all good. Just press "Cancel" and continue with adding your account!)
Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-39-14-880_com.google.android.gms.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-39-31-150_com.google.android.gms.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-40-04-397_com.android.vending.png
6) Enjoy your Google Apps!
P.S. You might find some search results in Google Play Store. I forgot to clear it before backing up!! Sorry!! You can easily clear it by:
Pressing the 3 Lines on the top left corner > Settings > Under General, Clear local search history
> Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-30-16-363_com.android.vending.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-30-11-541_com.android.vending.png

If the above method didn't work for you, I apologize. Please try installing Google Apps using Method 2.

Method 2: The method I used to install my Google Applications (a little complex, but can be done) (requires PC) (make sure existing google apps have been uninstalled)
**I have recived feedback that this method might not work, but there's no harm trying.

1) Download Google Apps.exe (mirror by me) (file by thandana) Original Thread Link
2) Enable Developer Options (Tap MIUI Version until "You are now a developer" appears) > USB Debugging and Install via USB on your device.
Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-46-42-543_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-46-47-673_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-53-45-390_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-53-50-941_com.android.settings.png
3) Connect your device to your PC
4) Run Google Apps.exe (best to run as adminisrator but there's no need) and allow USB Debugging Authorisation on your device.

Press any key to continue.
5) Wait for everything to install. There will be some apps that will not install because the app signatures are missing or changed. Its fine though, you just need to make sure the core google apps are installed such as
Google Backup Transport
Google Feedback
Google Login Service
Google OneTime Initializer
Google Partner Setup
Google Services Framework
Setup Wizard
Google Account Manager / Google Login Service
Google Calendar Sync Adapter
Google Contacts Sync Adapter

Allow the apps to install by selecting "Install" whenever the Install warning message pops out. Make sure you allow installation.

Google Play Services and Google Play Store will be installed at a later step.
6) Proceed to download Main Google Apps Local Backup and Restore files (mirror by me) (file by ArtistHeinHtet) Original Thread Link
7) Extract the files into /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/AllBackup/ just like in Method 1, Step 1. However, in this case, if you don't have the "AllBackup" folder, you will have to create it yourself.
8) After extracting the files, Proceed to Settings > Additional Settings > Backup and Reset > Local Backups > Dec 12, 2016 12:00AM (127MB, 4 app data files) > Restore

> > > Screenshot_2017-03-24-22-20-00-252_com.miui.backup.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-22-20-11-218_com.miui.backup.png
9) Enable all permissions and autostart for all Google Apps and restart your device.
10) Launch Google Play Store.
11) Checking Info... Sign In! (It is normal for Google Play Services to stop here. As long as the "Add your account" screen is loaded on the background, its all good. Just press "Cancel" and continue with adding your account!)

> >
12) Go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en to update your Google Play services so Google Play services won't force close.
13) Restart your device
14) Enjoy your Google Apps!
P.S. You might find some search results in Google Play Store. I forgot to clear it before backing up!! Sorry!! You can easily clear it by:
Pressing the 3 Lines on the top left corner > Settings > Under General, Clear local search history
> >

Method 3:: (If You have unlocked bootloader)

You can follow Feds64 thread http://en.miui.com/thread-356609-1-1.html to flash the twrp method. I have personally tested it and it works. Do only use ZCX TWRP. Other versions of TWRP does not work. Using this method, Snapchat works. :)

Congratulations! You have successfully installed Google Apps on your Android 7 device on MIUI 8!
Any problems can reply below, I will try my best to help :)

Credits: to original file owners.

Favorite29 Share

Rated by 29 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

nanofroze + 1 Fantastic!
CLAYTON_WWC + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Ripanji + 1 Fantastic!
GlaneXDA + 1 Thanks!
anton.sl + 2 Great!
candicesu + 10 Awesome!
AugustineS05 + 2 Great!
bill.ros + 1 Thanks!
A092_DEVS + 5 Fantastic!
pilazma + 1 <font><font class="goog-te
Dvalg + 1 Thanks!
fai.fahmi + 2 Great!
Kendex + 1 Thanks!
rathaROG + 4 Awesome!
SaiTyson + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Itai.Gan + 5 Awesome!
s-u-f-f-e-r + 2 Fantastic!
oleg_skalskiy + 1 Thanks!
AppsPortables + 1 Fantastic!
sastro_kimpet + 2 Great!
y.oxii + 1 Awesome!
maks1990 + 1 Thanks!
GR33dyBlackie + 10 + 1 Awesome!
luchinairina05 + 1 Thanks!
soumya_2002 + 10 + 3 Great!
Nixonxp + 1 Thanks!
VikuBalupura + 5 Awesome!

Experience +104  Prestige +15  View Rating Log

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
V8.5.5.0.NCACNEG
Online time
624 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi MIXMi Power BankMi Notebook AirUnlock MedalMijia IHP Rice CookerMi HomeMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 6 LaunchMi BandMi USB FanMi Water PurifierMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi T-ShirtMi Air PurifierNinebot MiniMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi MIXRedmi Note 4XMi 3Redmi Note 4Redmi ProMi TVMi 5sMi 4cMi 5 ProMi 4SMi 5Mi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionRedmi Note 2Mi Pad 2Mi Note ProXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Rooster Year of 20171500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Fan From Nepal1400K Forum MembersRocket to FuturePokemon Master MedalHappy New YearXiaomi 5th Anniversary800K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI Fan From SingaporeSuper FridaySuper SundaySurge S1MIUI 2017Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamTechnology GuruRingtone Star MIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerScroll Of WisdomMi TalentDebate MasterMIUI Device ExpertMr. DependableMIUI Follower

20:43, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
This will Surely help all Android Nougat Users having problem with their Google Play.

Good job @JY.Nick

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
20:45, Apr-03-2017 | From Redmi Note 4 MTK
|
Great

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversarySuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalSuper FridaySuper MondayRocket to Future3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 20175 Million Forum App InstallsAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomForum Contest Lover

20:46, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices Contest4 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru

20:59, Apr-03-2017 | Via mobile
|
Okbi will try

Credits
Device
Mi Max 64GB
MIUI Version
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIMi 4cMi Max UEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI World TourMiPopInbox ZeroTechnology Guru

21:15, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
is it solve the google contacts problem? i'm using mi max with china miui 8 nougat, when sync google contacts always appear error.

MIUI Device Team

Welcome to MIUI Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
323 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMijia Electric ScooterMi HomeMi Power BankMi Selfie StickMi  BunnyMi VRUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi WiFi RouterYi Action CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 8Awesome!FlashholicMIUI 2016Fantastic!Mi Max Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 4cRedmi 2Redmi 34 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI HalloweenPokemon Master Medal900K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 20162100K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry ChristmasMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DaySuper SundaySuper WednesdaySuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalSuper Monday5 Million Forum App Installs3500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridaySuper ThursdayRocket to FutureMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Super Tuesday800K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1MiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamOTA FeedbackMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruYouth PledgeMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Device ExpertStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerAndroid ElfDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Mi TalentMi Lover MedalHumor Master

Author| 21:21, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
ebbywalter replied at 2017-4-3 21:15
is it solve the google contacts problem? i'm using mi max with china miui 8 nougat, when sync google ...

For Google Contacts problem, I have never encountered it on my Google Apps. So maybe you can download the backup files and restore only the Google Contact Sync APK. Report back if it worked for you :)
I LOVE MIUI!!!

HIT that reply button so that I can help you faster With your questions :)

PS.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
Online time
76 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi VRMIUI 8MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 4iMi TV700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

21:31, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks !

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
198 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi MIXXiaomi 6 LaunchNinebot MiniMi VRMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi Selfie StickMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMijia Electric ScooterMagic CubeUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAnTuTuMIUI 8Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4AMi Note ProMi NoteRedmi Note 4XRedmi 3SRedmi Note 3Fan Of MIUI RussiaHappy Holi MedalMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper MondaySuper TuesdaySuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017Women's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper ThursdayRocket to FutureMIUI Happy MedalSuper Saturday3 Million Forum MembersSurge S110 Million Forum PostsMIUI World TourSuper Sunday300K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9100k Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI Australia90000 Forum Members3500K Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Font LoverMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From NepalRooster Year of 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersRingolicious MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewTechnology GuruMi TalentAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomIndonesia Independence DayMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarRingtone Star MIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerDebate MasterTheme TalentAndroid GuruMIUI KingUpdates LoverMost Popular Forum User

21:47, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing.
Do not be afraid to do.

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
673 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterMi Power StripMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMijia Story TellerXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMi Band 2Mi  BunnyUnlock MedalMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 84 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4AHappy New YearMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky Friday1700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 2017Rocket to Future1900K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppPokemon Master MedalI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh1500K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From IndonesiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI 6th AnniversarySuper Sunday300K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Holi Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper TuesdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Font Lover10 Million Forum PostsHappy DiwaliPuzzle MasterSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalSuper Monday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSurge S1Super ThursdaySuper FridayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI ReviewMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackYouth PledgeUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerIndia Independence DayMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerInbox ZeroMIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI KingAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertForum Contest Lover

22:40, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
good job
thanks..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list