Welcome to MIUI Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
373 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMijia Electric ScooterMi VRUnlock MedalMi WiFi RouterMi Selfie StickMi HomeMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi HeadphonesMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Qi CycleMi ScaleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 8Fantastic!FlashholicMi 4cRedmi NoteRedmi 2Mi Max Redmi 3Mi PadMi 54 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016Pokemon Master Medal2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From Indonesia900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving DayMerry Christmas1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersHappy New Year800K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 20173500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper ThursdayMIUI 9Super Monday500K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySuper SaturdayHappy Holi Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 100 Million UsersPuzzle MasterMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly PollRocket to Future100k Forum MembersSurge S1Xiaomi 5th AnniversarySingapore Merlion MedalSuper TuesdaySuper SundayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamRingtone ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Device ExpertMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfRingtone Star Master Of TechnologyHumor MasterAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterMIUI Halloween 2017Star Of TechnologyScroll Of Wisdom

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [DEVICE TEAM] Google for MIUI 8 Android 7.0 China ROM w/o unlocking bootloader

[ Promote]
20577 227 |
19:00, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by mitch002 at 11:25, Apr-04-2017

Hey MIUIers!
I'm excited to share with you on how to install Google Apps on MIUI 8 Android 7 Nougat China ROMs. This works on China Developer and China Stable ROM on Android 7. It should work with Android 6 too, but its not tested and not meant for Android 6.

I have been researching on Google apps for Android 7 China Developer ROM. However, on all of the tutorials I found and tried, all gave "Google Play Services" stopped error with "DeadSystemException". However, recently, I tried by combining 2 installation methods and found that it worked perfectly! After tested that it all worked without any problems most users have faced, I have compiled everything onto a .zip file for restore in MIUI Backup and Restore. I have also kindly added entertainment apps such as Youtube into the bundle. **Do note that Snapchat // Android Pay does not work on this version of Google. However, Gmail works perfectly fine.

Method 1 has been tested on Mi5, MI5 Pro, Mi4C to work. (Thanks @mitch002 and @navya@j for testing)
**Mi4C apparently has some issues with "Waiting for Wifi" problem. (As feedbacked by @navya@j) Do try it out on yours and reply if you encounter the same problem.For Calandar sync problem, clear data for Calandar and then launch Calandar. Issue will fix itself.
This tutorial has been tested by @mitch002 sir to work.
Method 1 - MIUI Local Backup and restore file (recommended) (easiest) (does not require PC) (make sure existing google apps have been uninstalled)
1) Download and Extract the .zip file I have uploaded onto Google Drive. Extract file according to:

If your device does not have the "AllBackup" Folder in /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/, download this.
JY.NICK Google Apps Backup & Restore Files w/o AllBackup Google Drive Download Link
Just extract zip into /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/ itself.

Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-28-45-623_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-29-19-879_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-35-58-193_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-28-50-921_com.android.fileexplorer.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-20-35-49-377_com.android.fileexplorer (1).png

If your device has "AllBackup" Folder in /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/AllBackup, download this.
JY.NICK Google Apps Backup & Restore Files with AllBackup Google Drive Download Link
Just extract zip into /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/AllBackup/ itself.

> > > >

2) After extracting the files, Proceed to Settings > Additional Settings > Backup and Reset > Local Backups > Mar24, 8:05PM (161MB, 12 app data files) > Restore

Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-17-48-199_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-17-52-085_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-17-55-667_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-18-01-613_com.miui.backup.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-18-05-782_com.miui.backup.png

3) Head to Security > Permissions and enable all permissions and autostart for all google apps and restart your device.
4) Launch Google Play Store.
5) Checking Info... Sign In! (It is normal for Google Play Services to stop here. As long as the "Add your account" screen is loaded on the background, its all good. Just press "Cancel" and continue with adding your account!)
Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-39-14-880_com.google.android.gms.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-39-31-150_com.google.android.gms.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-40-04-397_com.android.vending.png
6) Enjoy your Google Apps!
P.S. You might find some search results in Google Play Store. I forgot to clear it before backing up!! Sorry!! You can easily clear it by:
Pressing the 3 Lines on the top left corner > Settings > Under General, Clear local search history
> Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-30-16-363_com.android.vending.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-30-11-541_com.android.vending.png

If the above method didn't work for you, I apologize. Please try installing Google Apps using Method 2.

Method 2: The method I used to install my Google Applications (a little complex, but can be done) (requires PC) (make sure existing google apps have been uninstalled)
**I have recived feedback that this method might not work, but there's no harm trying.

1) Download Google Apps.exe (mirror by me) (file by thandana) Original Thread Link
2) Enable Developer Options (Tap MIUI Version until "You are now a developer" appears) > USB Debugging and Install via USB on your device.
Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-46-42-543_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-21-46-47-673_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-53-45-390_com.android.settings.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-19-53-50-941_com.android.settings.png
3) Connect your device to your PC
4) Run Google Apps.exe (best to run as adminisrator but there's no need) and allow USB Debugging Authorisation on your device.

Press any key to continue.
5) Wait for everything to install. There will be some apps that will not install because the app signatures are missing or changed. Its fine though, you just need to make sure the core google apps are installed such as
Google Backup Transport
Google Feedback
Google Login Service
Google OneTime Initializer
Google Partner Setup
Google Services Framework
Setup Wizard
Google Account Manager / Google Login Service
Google Calendar Sync Adapter
Google Contacts Sync Adapter

Allow the apps to install by selecting "Install" whenever the Install warning message pops out. Make sure you allow installation.

Google Play Services and Google Play Store will be installed at a later step.
6) Proceed to download Main Google Apps Local Backup and Restore files (mirror by me) (file by ArtistHeinHtet) Original Thread Link
7) Extract the files into /Internal Shared Storage/MIUI/backup/AllBackup/ just like in Method 1, Step 1. However, in this case, if you don't have the "AllBackup" folder, you will have to create it yourself.
8) After extracting the files, Proceed to Settings > Additional Settings > Backup and Reset > Local Backups > Dec 12, 2016 12:00AM (127MB, 4 app data files) > Restore

> > > Screenshot_2017-03-24-22-20-00-252_com.miui.backup.png > Screenshot_2017-03-24-22-20-11-218_com.miui.backup.png
9) Enable all permissions and autostart for all Google Apps and restart your device.
10) Launch Google Play Store.
11) Checking Info... Sign In! (It is normal for Google Play Services to stop here. As long as the "Add your account" screen is loaded on the background, its all good. Just press "Cancel" and continue with adding your account!)

> >
12) Go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.gms&hl=en to update your Google Play services so Google Play services won't force close.
13) Restart your device
14) Enjoy your Google Apps!
P.S. You might find some search results in Google Play Store. I forgot to clear it before backing up!! Sorry!! You can easily clear it by:
Pressing the 3 Lines on the top left corner > Settings > Under General, Clear local search history
> >

Method 3:: (If You have unlocked bootloader)

You can follow Feds64 thread http://en.miui.com/thread-356609-1-1.html to flash the twrp method. I have personally tested it and it works. Do only use ZCX TWRP. Other versions of TWRP does not work. Using this method, Snapchat works. :)

Congratulations! You have successfully installed Google Apps on your Android 7 device on MIUI 8!
Any problems can reply below, I will try my best to help :)

Credits: to original file owners.

Favorite33 Share

Rated by 30 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

kobkob7 + 1 Great!
nanofroze + 1 Fantastic!
CLAYTON_WWC + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Ripanji + 1 Fantastic!
GlaneXDA + 1 Thanks!
anton.sl + 2 Great!
candicesu + 10 Awesome!
AugustineS05 + 2 Great!
bill.ros + 1 Thanks!
A092_DEVS + 5 Fantastic!
pilazma + 1 <font><font class="goog-te
Dvalg + 1 Thanks!
fai.fahmi + 2 Great!
Kendex + 1 Thanks!
rathaROG + 4 Awesome!
SaiTyson + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Itai.Gan + 5 Awesome!
s-u-f-f-e-r + 2 Fantastic!
oleg_skalskiy + 1 Thanks!
AppsPortables + 1 Fantastic!
sastro_kimpet + 2 Great!
y.oxii + 1 Awesome!
maks1990 + 1 Thanks!
GR33dyBlackie + 10 + 1 Awesome!
luchinairina05 + 1 Thanks!
soumya_2002 + 10 + 3 Great!
Nixonxp + 1 Thanks!

Experience +105  Prestige +15  View Rating Log

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
V9.0.5.0.NCACNEI
Online time
696 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMijia Story TellerMi Notebook AirMijia IHP Rice CookerMi HomeUnlock MedalMi BandXiaomi 6 LaunchNinebot MiniMijia Qi CycleMi Water PurifierMi T-ShirtMi USB FanMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Air PurifierXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi MIXRedmi Note 4XMi 3Redmi Note 4Mi 4SRedmi ProMi TVMi 5sRedmi Note 2Mi 5Mi 5 ProMi Note ProMi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi Pad 2Mi 4cXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasMIUI 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMi Live MedalMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Pokemon Master Medal1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Fan From PhilippinesRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan From NepalHappy Valentine's DayHappy New YearXiaomi 5th Anniversary800K Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupSurge S1MIUI 2017MIUI Fan From SingaporeSuper FridaySuper SundayRocket to FutureSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerDebate MasterMIUI Device ExpertMIUI FollowerMr. DependableMIUI Medals Collector

20:43, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
This will Surely help all Android Nougat Users having problem with their Google Play.

Good job @JY.Nick

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
20:45, Apr-03-2017 | From Redmi Note 4 MTK
|
Great

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversarySuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalSuper FridaySuper MondayRocket to Future3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 20175 Million Forum App InstallsAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomForum Contest Lover

20:46, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices Contest4 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru

20:59, Apr-03-2017 | Via mobile
|
Okbi will try

Credits
Device
Mi Max 64GB
MIUI Version
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIMi 4cMi Max UEFA EURO Medal1500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI World TourMiPopInbox ZeroTechnology Guru

21:15, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
is it solve the google contacts problem? i'm using mi max with china miui 8 nougat, when sync google contacts always appear error.

MIUI Device Team

Welcome to MIUI Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
373 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMijia Electric ScooterMi VRUnlock MedalMi WiFi RouterMi Selfie StickMi HomeMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi HeadphonesMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Qi CycleMi ScaleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 8Fantastic!FlashholicMi 4cRedmi NoteRedmi 2Mi Max Redmi 3Mi PadMi 54 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016Pokemon Master Medal2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From Indonesia900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving DayMerry Christmas1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersHappy New Year800K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 20173500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper ThursdayMIUI 9Super Monday500K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySuper SaturdayHappy Holi Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 100 Million UsersPuzzle MasterMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly PollRocket to Future100k Forum MembersSurge S1Xiaomi 5th AnniversarySingapore Merlion MedalSuper TuesdaySuper SundayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamRingtone ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Device ExpertMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfRingtone Star Master Of TechnologyHumor MasterAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterMIUI Halloween 2017Star Of TechnologyScroll Of Wisdom

Author| 21:21, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
ebbywalter replied at 2017-4-3 21:15
is it solve the google contacts problem? i'm using mi max with china miui 8 nougat, when sync google ...

For Google Contacts problem, I have never encountered it on my Google Apps. So maybe you can download the backup files and restore only the Google Contact Sync APK. Report back if it worked for you :)
I LOVE MIUI!!!

HIT that reply button so that I can help you faster With your questions :)

PS.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
V8.5.2.0.MAMMIED
Online time
77 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi VRMIUI 8MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 4iMi TV700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

21:31, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks !

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
MIUI Version
Online time
211 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesNinebot MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Unlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi Selfie StickMagic CubeMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi BandMi MIXMijia Electric ScooterMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi  BunnyMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Qi CycleMi ScaleMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuFantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8MarshmallowRedmi ProMi 4iMi Note Pro4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Mi NoteRedmi 3SRedmi Note 4XRedmi 4/Prime/4ASuper SundayRooster Year of 2017Ringolicious MedalMIUI Fan From Nepal10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppWomen's Day MedalRocket to FutureSuper WednesdayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI World TourMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper ThursdayHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySurge S15 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterMIUI Font LoverSuper Friday500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 9MIUI Philippines Fan Meetup3500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI India100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper MondayFan Of MIUI AustraliaHilal Ramadan Super Tuesday90000 Forum MembersSingapore Merlion Medal300K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewUpdates LoverAndroid ElfDebate MasterTechnology GuruAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorTheme TalentMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone ExpertMi Story TellerIndonesia Independence Day25 Million StrongMi Lover MedalMost Popular Forum UserForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyOTA FeedbackMIUI KingMi TalentMIUI SuperstarRingtone Star

21:47, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing.
Do not be afraid to do.

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
704 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi Power StripMi HeadphonesMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Story TellerMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi VRMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Qi CycleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 84 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4AI Love 2016Pokemon Master MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy New YearMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMerry ChristmasHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshDiwali 1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Valentine's DayHappy DiwaliMIUI World TourRooster Year of 2017Super FridayFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper ThursdaySuper Monday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalSuper Tuesday100k Forum Members300K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Font LoverSuper WednesdayMIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterSurge S1MIUI 9Women's Day MedalRocket to FutureI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamMIUI ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of TechnologyOTA FeedbackMIUI Halloween 2017Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMost Popular Forum UserMost Active MIUIerMi Story TellerUpdates LoverYouth PledgeIndia Independence DayMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Twitter FollowerMi TalentScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverMIUI KingMaster Of TechnologyAndroid Guru

22:40, Apr-03-2017 | From PC
|
good job
thanks..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list