Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
395 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Flashholic4 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMerry ChristmasSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper FridayI Love 2016Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI World Tour300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPop9 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru10 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTheme Talent

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] 'Camera MOD' for Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm / 4X (MIDO) MIUI 8 & MIUI 9

[ Promote]
384600 7615 |
19:08, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 14:55, Aug-08-2018

Hi MIUI-ers,

Last Update : August 08, 2018

This Mod works on (MIUI ROM, Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe) :
  • Stable ROM : MIUI : 8.1.x.0, 8.2.x.0, 8.5.x.0, 9.x.x.0
  • Developer ROM : MIUI : v7.x.x, 7.12.x, 8.1.x, 8.2.x, 8.3.x, 8.4.x, 8.7.x, 8.8.x

*Previous Updates :
  • Add a 'Developer (Dev)' version Mod.
    Dev version has an additional feature 'advanced HDR' (Pro & Live HDR mode for Camera & HDR for Video Recording), unfortunatelly HDR mode in video recording is not really stable, but it works, if you like to use it, just remember to turn HDR mode off before switching to front camera or any other camera mode and your MIUI Camera app should be fine.
  • Add info on how to prevent Bootloop from flashing this Mod to the Q & A section (see the bottom of this post)
  • Add Auto HDR mode (@Suspect008 said "i can tell u that auto HDR works with samsung too as shown in my pics but in good lighting. going to low light auto HDR seems to mess up the details").
  • Add info regarding OTA-Update to the Q & A section, please read.

New features for MIUI Camera App :
  • 4K Video
  • Fully Working Manual Mode (Exposure Time, Focus, White Balance, ISO) without losing the Scene mode
  • Square Mode (Only works on some ROMs)
  • Audio Focus Mode in Video
  • Camera Torch capture
  • Quick Snap Mode
  • Age Stamp in Photo (Front Camera)
  • Mirror Front Camera
  • Burst Shoot Count One Time = 100

If you have problems understanding this thread (English), try : https://translate.google.com/

Please be noted I will not take any responsibility for anything happened to your device.

What do you need:
  • An unlocked Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm / 4X / MIDO (You can follow this guide or this guide to unlock the bootloader, don't worry, the Bootloader Unlocking Guide is applicable to all Xiaomi devices)
  • TWRP Recovery installed (You can follow this guide or this guide to install TWRP)
  • This file : 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_17xxxx.zip'
  • No Root needed (You DON'T need to root your phone to use this Mod)

Installer :

MIUI 8  
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_170909_MIUI_8.zip
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_170909_Dev_MIUI_8.zip

MIUI 9

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_180215_MIUI_9.zip
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_180215_Dev_MIUI_9.zip

MIUI 10
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_180808_MIUI_10.zip
HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_180808_MIUI_10_Dev.zip

VERY IMPORTANT !! BACKUP Boot, System & Data partition using TWRP to ext sd-card
It's really a good habit to backup before flashing anything to your phone, personally i always backup using TWRP before flashing.

Please follow these steps to Install :
  • Make sure you've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery.
  • Copy 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_17xxxx.zip' to your phone (skip this if you download the file using your phone).
  • Boot into TWRP recovery mode. You can do this in two ways:
    Method 1: Open ‘Updater’ and click the ‘…’ the icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
    Method 2: Turn off your device and hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
  • Backup Boot, System & Data partition.
    Tap on Backup » and select Boot, System & Data check boxes and swipe on the Swipe to confirm option at the bottom of the screen to confirm backup.
  • Install the Zip file:
    Tap on Install » browse to the location where you saved the file and select the 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO
    _17xxxx.zip' file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
  • Reboot your phone (No need to wipe anything)

If you like to undo this Mod, download the Uninstaller below & flash via TWRP
(
No need to restore from TWRP, the Uninstaller will do it perfectly and very much faster)

Uninstaller :
HZQ_MIUI_UNINSTALL_MIDO_170507.zip (124.52 KB, Downloads: 6083)
Samples & Testimonies :
ihsan.bn wrote (2660#) : my test photos after flashing this mod. Thanks 黃子强

Most Frequently Asked Questions :

Q: Will my phone get bricked / bootloop flashing this Mod?
A: Very unlikely, but...Please keep reading.

To help preventing bootloop, Please make sure you disable DM-Verity check from Advance Options / Settings of TWRP. ZCX TWRP and many others well-known TWRP  have the option to disable DM-Verify (see picture below).

TWRP 2 - Disable DM-Verify.jpg

If your TWRP doesn't have the option to disable DM-Verify, You can flash LazyFlasher (
the LazyFlasher also works in Redmi Note 4x, you can read more about LazyFlasher here) right after you flash the Mod (flash Mod, flash LazyFlasher, then boot) to help preventing bootloop (thanks to @MohamadReza91 & @Suspect008 to pointed this out).

Please backup your BOOT, SYSTEM and DATA partition 1st via TWRP before flashing.

Q: How do I uninstall this Mod ?
A: Download the uninstaller, and flash it via TWRP.

Q: Can I Update via Ota-Update?
A: It really depends on what custom recovery you're using. Some custom recovery like ZCX TWRP support OTA-Update, but you need to follow some steps to enable the OTA-Update support. If you like to upgrade your ROM via OTA-Update, You need to flash the Uninstaller to undo this Mod.

For custom recovery that doesn't support OTA-Update, you can upgrade your ROM using Full recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM.

Q: Do I need to root my phone to use this Mod ?
A: NOPE, no need.

Q: But If my phone already rooted....is ok to flashing this Mod?
A: Absolutely. This Mod also works on other custom ROMs that are based on MIUI ROM (Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe, etc).

Q: Does this Mod works with xiaomi.eu ROMs?
A: Absolutely.

Q: What exactly does the Mod do to the MIUI Camera app and why some features are not working or not perfectly working?
A: Well, Nothing!
Hah?? really?!!? are you sure??!!
yap, really, absolutely nothing, trust me (I made this mod, remember?)
Your MIUI Camera app is exactly the same.

What the Mod really do is enabling features that are already in your MIUI Camera app (but disabled, don't ask me why Xiaomi's developer hided these features away) by changing the device properties file. and because of this reason, how these 'new features' behave very much depend on the ROM you are using, for example the Square Mode and Slow Motion seems to work better with Dev ROM.

Dev Rom is always newer then Stable ROM, so all these enhancements in Dev ROM hopefully will come to Stable ROM later.

Slow Motion seems to only works in HD or SD resolution (quality) and it need good light conditions to work.

Q: May I share your Mod on my website?
A: Yes, of course, please put a link to my thread here in your web.

Camera SS Settings - 01.png Camera SS Manual - 01 White Balance.png Camera SS Manual - 02 Focus.png Camera SS Manual - 03 Exposure Time.png Camera SS Manual - 04 Iso.png

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_170909_MIUI_8.zip

127.48 KB, Downloads: 10200, Download cost : Experience -1

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_170909_Dev_MIUI_8.zip

127.48 KB, Downloads: 10067, Download cost : Experience -1

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_170909_MIUI_9.zip

127.48 KB, Downloads: 3274, Download cost : Experience -1

HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_170909_Dev_MIUI_9.zip

127.48 KB, Downloads: 3335, Download cost : Experience -1

Favorite693 Share

Comment

Rajputhunt nice update  23:44, Sep-19-2017

Rated by 54 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

theeson + 1 Thanks!
Tinymary2017 + 1 Awesome!
Meilodas + 1 Thanks!
HaVanTam + 1 Great!
kangjooe + 1 IT WORKS!
zulhaidir86 + 1 Great!
RonteCZ + 1 Great!
CsR0501 + 1 Awesome!
mipef + 1 Thanks!
AmaruIT + 1 Thanks!
pix20030 + 1 Thanks!
CryhardXX + 1 Great!
dawid9098 + 1 Awesome!
tonydeli7 + 2 Great!
shamllakh2 + 1 Great!
MarkDaryll + 2 Thanks!
srspinto + 3 Great!
sonphampspvhp + 1 Great!
KappaLambda + 1 Great!
ZAHIRUL_ISLAM + 1 Awesome!
magnus48 + 1 Great!
mr.Greenwich + 1 Great!
ivadim20 + 1 Thanks!
rizalabdillah + 1 Fantastic!
siapakahaku + 1 Great!
v-fox + 1 Fantastic!
ihsan.bn + 1 Thanks!

Experience +83  Prestige +1  View Rating Log

Mi Max 2 | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 8.3.29 | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
395 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Flashholic4 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMerry ChristmasSuper WednesdaySuper TuesdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper FridayI Love 2016Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI World Tour300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPop9 Million Forum MembersAndroid Guru10 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTheme Talent

Author| 10:58, Apr-26-2017 | From PC
|
AmirAli1369 replied at 2017-4-26 01:16
Can I record 720p @60fps or 1080p @60fps with this mod?

please answer me; it's really important to  ...

Not for now.
Mi Max 2 | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 8.3.29 | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
395 Hours
Send PM

Author| 22:12, Apr-08-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 22:14, Apr-08-2017
ck007max replied at 2017-4-8 20:00
It doesn't work with global stabel 8.2.2.0. My phone stucks on "MI" logo. I reflashed rom with mi fl ...

But this is your 1st reply?

You need to reply 1st before you can download the Mod.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
28 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi VRMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUIRedmi Note 4Happy Holi MedalMIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdaySuper MondaySuper ThursdaySuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureMIUI World Tour5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum AppSuper SundayCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 9300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaSuper TuesdaySuper WednesdayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomTheme Talent2017 Annual AwardsStar WarsYouth PledgeMIUI Halloween 2017Debate MasterTechnology GuruAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertRingtone Star 7 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Mi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest Lover

20:28, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5 Plus
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Pioneer of MIUI English Forum

19:33, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
global job

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Being Human..

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
70 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMijia Electric ScooterMi Selfie StickXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Fantastic!AnTuTuRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersRedmi 3SRedmi Note 4Super WednesdaySuper FridayPuzzle MasterSingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1Super TuesdayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 2017Merry ChristmasHappy New YearThanksgiving Day2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper Monday10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Drawing TalentRocket to FutureWomen's Day MedalRingolicious MedalSuper SundayMIUI Font Lover3 Million Forum MembersMIUI World Tour300K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Philippines Fan MeetupCamera Filter Guru Medal90000 Forum MembersSuper Saturday100k Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI PSuper ThursdayHappy Holi Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Quick DiscussionSurpriseXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalIndia Independence DayMIUI SuperstarRingtone Star Mi TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertYouth Pledge2017 Annual AwardsUpdates LoverMi Story TellerAndroid ElfMost Popular Forum UserStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverMIUI KingDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum

19:39, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
very interesting

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
17 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestRedmi ProSurge S1Puzzle MasterWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper Wednesday5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 9MIUI Forum AppMIUI Font LoverCamera Filter Guru MedalAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerForum Contest Lover

19:50, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Pro
|
thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
31 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryRedmi Note 4Rooster Year of 2017

19:53, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
thanks

MIUI Device Team

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi  BunnyUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi Power BankMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Awesome!AnTuTuMarshmallowRedmi 3SRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum Members1800K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI 20171500K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving DayMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI 100 Million UsersSuper WednesdayMIUI Weekly PollRocket to Future10 Million Forum PostsMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz5 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryXiaomi 8th AnniversarySurprise9 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI KingAndroid GuruMIUI Quick Discussion2017 Annual AwardsMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalRingtone ExpertMaster Of TechnologyMi Talent

19:53, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Can you make an APK file for the same

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
395 Hours
Send PM

Author| 19:56, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
souvikjha replied at 2017-3-24 19:53
Can you make an APK file for the same

No, sorry.

MIUI Beta Team - China

I Love MIUI ROM

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
202 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi Band 2Magic CubeMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyMi MIXMijia Electric ScooterMi Selfie StickMi KeyMi BandMi Power StripMi HomeMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchMi T-ShirtMi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Notebook AirYi Action CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicMarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 4XMi Max Redmi Note 34 Million Forum MembersMi 5XMi MIXMi 5s PlusRooster Year of 2017Thanksgiving DayMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI SHappy Valentine's DaySuper FridayOlympics MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Singles' DayMid-Autumn FestivalWomen's Day MedalMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksDiwali I Love 2016Surge S11500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy New YearAtaturk MourningMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Font LoverPuzzle MasterMIUI 100 Million UsersSuper SundayCamera Filter Guru Medal300K Forum MembersRingolicious Medal90000 Forum MembersMIUI 2017Super SaturdayMIUI 93 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI World TourRocket to Future10 Million Forum PostsHappy Diwali5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySurpriseOTA FeedbackMIUI King5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI SuperstarOreoNougatQuick SurveyMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMr. DependableMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMaster Of Technology6 Million Forum MembersMi 5XMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersBlack Shark9 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongRingtone ExpertXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorWallpaper StarMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruYouth PledgeMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruStar WarsAndroid ElfMi Story TellerMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsRedmi Quiz MasterRedmi 5/PlusMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverMost Active MIUIerRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMost Popular Forum UserDebate Master

20:13, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
Yhanks
QQ: 3337566481

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
40 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMi HomeMi HeadphonesXiaomi Mi 6Redmi Note 4XRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 7th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017Super ThursdayAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomStar Of Technology

20:23, Mar-24-2017 | From Mi Note
|
Thanks

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list