Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
333 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI World TourMIUI 2017MIUI Font LoverSuper ThursdayRooster Year of 2017Super MondaySurge S1Super WednesdayHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy Medal500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rocket to FutureHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI 9Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruAndroid ElfYouth PledgePioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanTheme TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMi TalentDebate MasterMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertMi Lover Medal

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] 'Camera MOD' for Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm / 4X (MIDO) MIUI 8 & MIUI 9

[ Promote]
186568 6892 |
19:08, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 10:20, Oct-20-2017

Hi MIUI-ers,

Last Update : October 20, 2017

This Mod works on (MIUI ROM, Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe) :
  • Stable ROM : MIUI : 8.1.x.0, 8.2.x.0, 8.5.x.0
  • Developer ROM : MIUI : v7.1.x, 7.2.x, 7.3.x, 7.4.x, 7.5.x, 7.6.x, 7.7.x, 7.8.x, 7.9.x, 7.10.x

*Previous Updates :
  • Add a 'Developer (Dev)' version Mod.
    Dev version has an additional feature 'advanced HDR' (Pro & Live HDR mode for Camera & HDR for Video Recording), unfortunatelly HDR mode in video recording is not really stable, but it works, if you like to use it, just remember to turn HDR mode off before switching to front camera or any other camera mode and your MIUI Camera app should be fine.
  • Add info on how to prevent Bootloop from flashing this Mod to the Q & A section (see the bottom of this post)
  • Add Auto HDR mode (@Suspect008 said "i can tell u that auto HDR works with samsung too as shown in my pics but in good lighting. going to low light auto HDR seems to mess up the details").
  • Add info regarding OTA-Update to the Q & A section, please read.

New features for MIUI Camera App :
  • 4K Video
  • Fully Working Manual Mode (Exposure Time, Focus, White Balance, ISO) without losing the Scene mode
  • Square Mode (Only works on some ROMs)
  • Audio Focus Mode in Video
  • Camera Torch capture
  • Quick Snap Mode
  • Age Stamp in Photo (Front Camera)
  • Mirror Front Camera
  • Burst Shoot Count One Time = 100

If you have problems understanding this thread (English), try : https://translate.google.com/

Please be noted I will not take any responsibility for anything happened to your device.

What do you need:
  • An unlocked Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm / 4X / MIDO (You can follow this guide or this guide to unlock the bootloader, don't worry, the Bootloader Unlocking Guide is applicable to all Xiaomi devices)
  • TWRP Recovery installed (You can follow this guide or this guide to install TWRP)
  • This file : 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_17xxxx.zip' (You need to reply to see the link, come back here for download links after you reply)
  • No Root needed (You DON'T need to root your phone to use this Mod)

Installer :

Please reply to view this thread.

VERY IMPORTANT !! BACKUP Boot, System & Data partition using TWRP to ext sd-card
It's really a good habit to backup before flashing anything to your phone, personally i always backup using TWRP before flashing.

Please follow these steps to Install :
  • Make sure you've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery.
  • Copy 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO_17xxxx.zip' to your phone (skip this if you download the file using your phone).
  • Boot into TWRP recovery mode. You can do this in two ways:
    Method 1: Open ‘Updater’ and click the ‘…’ the icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
    Method 2: Turn off your device and hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
  • Backup Boot, System & Data partition.
    Tap on Backup » and select Boot, System & Data check boxes and swipe on the Swipe to confirm option at the bottom of the screen to confirm backup.
  • Install the Zip file:
    Tap on Install » browse to the location where you saved the file and select the 'HZQ_MIUI_Camera_Mod_MIDO
    _17xxxx.zip' file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
  • Reboot your phone (No need to wipe anything)

If you like to undo this Mod, download the Uninstaller below & flash via TWRP
(
No need to restore from TWRP, the Uninstaller will do it perfectly and very much faster)

Uninstaller :
  Please reply to view this thread.

Samples & Testimonies :
ihsan.bn wrote (2660#) : my test photos after flashing this mod. Thanks 黃子强

Most Frequently Asked Questions :

Q: Will my phone get bricked / bootloop flashing this Mod?
A: Very unlikely, but...Please keep reading.

To help in preventing bootloop, Please make sure you disable DM-Verity check from Advance Options / Settings of TWRP. ZCX TWRP and many others well-known TWRP  have the option to disable DM-Verify (see picture below).

TWRP 2 - Disable DM-Verify.jpg

If your TWRP doesn't have the option to disable DM-Verify, You can flash LazyFlasher (
the LazyFlasher also works in Redmi Note 4x, you can read more about LazyFlasher here) right after you flash the Mod (flash Mod, flash LazyFlasher, then boot) to help preventing bootloop (thanks to @MohamadReza91 & @Suspect008 to pointed this out).

Please backup your BOOT, SYSTEM and DATA partition 1st via TWRP before flashing.

Q: Where is the download link?
A: The download links are in the 1st post, you need to reply 1st to see these links.

Q: Why do i need to reply to see the download link?
A: This is just a way to bump this thread up, so it won't get lost in the deep of so many threads in MIUI forum, so this thread can be easily found by these who need it.

Q: How do I uninstall this Mod ?
A: Download the uninstaller, and flash it via TWRP.

Q: Can I Update via Ota-Update?
A: It really depends on what custom recovery you're using. Some custom recovery like ZCX TWRP support OTA-Update, but you need to follow some steps to enable the OTA-Update support. If you like to upgrade your ROM via OTA-Update, You need to flash the Uninstaller to undo this Mod.

For custom recovery that doesn't support OTA-Update, you can upgrade your ROM using Full recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM.

Q: Do I need to root my phone to use this Mod ?
A: NOPE, no need.

Q: But If my phone already rooted....is ok to flashing this Mod?
A: Absolutely. This Mod also works on other custom ROMs that are based on MIUI ROM (Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, mi-Globe, etc).

Q: Does this Mod works with xiaomi.eu ROMs?
A: Absolutely.

Q: What exactly does the Mod do to the MIUI Camera app and why some features are not working or not perfectly working?
A: Well, Nothing!
Hah?? really?!!? are you sure??!!
yap, really, absolutely nothing, trust me (I made this mod, remember?)
Your MIUI Camera app is exactly the same.

What the Mod really do is enabling features that are already in your MIUI Camera app (but disabled, don't ask me why Xiaomi's developer hided these features away) by changing the device properties file. and because of this reason, how these 'new features' behave very much depend on the ROM you are using, for example the Square Mode and Slow Motion seems to work better with Dev ROM.

Dev Rom is always newer then Stable ROM, so all these enhancements in Dev ROM hopefully will come to Stable ROM later.

Slow Motion seems to only works in HD or SD resolution (quality) and it need good light conditions to work.

Q: May I share your Mod on my website?
A: Yes, of course, please put a link to my thread here in your web.

Camera SS Settings - 01.png Camera SS Manual - 01 White Balance.png Camera SS Manual - 02 Focus.png Camera SS Manual - 03 Exposure Time.png Camera SS Manual - 04 Iso.png
Favorite532 Share

Comment

Rajputhunt nice update  23:44, Sep-19-2017

Rated by 47 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

CsR0501 + 1 Awesome!
mipef + 1 Thanks!
AmaruIT + 1 Thanks!
pix20030 + 1 Thanks!
CryhardXX + 1 Great!
dawid9098 + 1 Awesome!
tonydeli7 + 2 Great!
shamllakh2 + 1 Great!
MarkDaryll + 2 Thanks!
srspinto + 3 Great!
sonphampspvhp + 1 Great!
KappaLambda + 1 Great!
ZAHIRUL_ISLAM + 1 Awesome!
magnus48 + 1 Great!
mr.Greenwich + 1 Great!
ivadim20 + 1 Thanks!
rizalabdillah + 1 Fantastic!
siapakahaku + 1 Great!
v-fox + 1 Fantastic!
ihsan.bn + 1 Thanks!
guefara + 1 Fantastic!
grin.witch + 1 Thanks!
mokhtarone + 1 Great!
Riccardo81 + 1 Great!
fristalker + 1 <font><font class=""&
NIAkulova + 1 Fantastic!
taxist374 + 1 Agreed!

Experience +76  Prestige +1  View Rating Log

Mi Max 2 - WAITING for Unlock Permission | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 7.10.12 | ZCX TWRP  | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
333 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI World TourMIUI 2017MIUI Font LoverSuper ThursdayRooster Year of 2017Super MondaySurge S1Super WednesdayHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy Medal500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rocket to FutureHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI 9Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruAndroid ElfYouth PledgePioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanTheme TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMi TalentDebate MasterMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertMi Lover Medal

Author| 10:58, Apr-26-2017 | From PC
|
AmirAli1369 replied at 2017-4-26 01:16
Can I record 720p @60fps or 1080p @60fps with this mod?

please answer me; it's really important to  ...

Not for now.
Mi Max 2 - WAITING for Unlock Permission | RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 7.10.12 | ZCX TWRP  | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
333 Hours
Send PM

Author| 22:12, Apr-08-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 22:14, Apr-08-2017
ck007max replied at 2017-4-8 20:00
It doesn't work with global stabel 8.2.2.0. My phone stucks on "MI" logo. I reflashed rom with mi fl ...

But this is your 1st reply?

You need to reply 1st before you can download the Mod.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi Band 2Mi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 8Fantastic!Redmi Note 4Super FridayMIUI Font LoverMIUI 9Happy Holi MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppSuper MondaySuper Thursday10 Million Forum Posts5 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to FutureSuper Sunday300K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySuper Tuesday3500K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI 2017I Love Mi BunnyMiPopTechnology GuruAndroid ElfDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerForum Contest Lover

20:28, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Pioneer of MIUI English Forum

19:33, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
global job

Platinum Member

Being Human..

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
59 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Electric ScooterMi Selfie StickMi Band 2Magic CubeUnlock MedalMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 2016Redmi 3SRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersSuper TuesdayPuzzle MasterRocket to FutureSurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalSuper FridayHappy Valentine's DayHappy New YearMIUI 2017Thanksgiving DayI Love 20162100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017Women's Day MedalMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Drawing Talent3 Million Forum App InstallsSuper MondaySuper WednesdayRingolicious MedalSuper SundayMIUI Font LoverSuper Saturday300K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Philippines Fan Meetup100k Forum MembersHappy Holi MedalMIUI World Tour5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalI Love Mi BunnyMiPopPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorUpdates LoverMost Popular Forum UserMIUI SuperstarYouth PledgeMi Story TellerMi TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfIndia Independence DayMIUI KingRingtone Star Android GuruForum Contest LoverDebate MasterStar Of Technology

19:39, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
very interesting

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.0.7.0.LXKCNMA
Online time
17 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Redmi ProPuzzle MasterSurge S1Super Wednesday3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 9MIUI Font LoverMIUI Forum AppWomen's Day MedalForum Contest LoverMIUI Follower

19:50, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Pro
|
thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
31 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryRedmi Note 4Rooster Year of 2017

19:53, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
thanks

MIUI Device Team

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
32 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMagic CubeUnlock MedalMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Redmi Note 4XRedmi 3S4 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppThanksgiving Day1500K Forum MembersHappy Diwali1800K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollSuper WednesdayRocket to FutureMIUI 910 Million Forum Posts1700K Forum MembersMiPopMIUI Device TeamMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum Scroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfStar Of Technology

19:53, Mar-24-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Can you make an APK file for the same

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
333 Hours
Send PM

Author| 19:56, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
souvikjha replied at 2017-3-24 19:53
Can you make an APK file for the same

No, sorry.

Diamond Member

I Love MIUI ROM

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
Online time
166 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Electric ScooterMi MIXMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi KeyMi Band 2Mi Power StripMi BandMi Selfie StickMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMi  BunnyMijia Qi CycleUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIMarshmallowFantastic!Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMIUI 2016Mi Max 4 Million Forum MembersMi 5s PlusRedmi Note 3Mi MIXRedmi Note 4XMIUI 9Rooster Year of 2017Happy New YearMIUI Lucky FridayOlympics MedalThanksgiving Day1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppDiwali MIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members300K Forum MembersI Love 2016Super FridayRingolicious MedalSurge S1Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI World TourMIUI 2017Rocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper SaturdayMIUI Happy MedalSuper ThursdaySuper SundayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Font Lover10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum Members90000 Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalDebate MasterUpdates LoverMost Popular Forum UserAndroid ElfYouth PledgePioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMi Story TellerMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerScroll Of WisdomMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerWallpaper StarMi TalentInbox ZeroMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruForum Contest Lover

20:13, Mar-24-2017 | From PC
|
Yhanks
QQ: 3337566481

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
39 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi HomeMagic CubeRedmi Note 4XMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Super ThursdayRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017Mi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertStar Of Technology

20:23, Mar-24-2017 | From Mi Note
|
Thanks

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list