Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
406 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRMi HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMagic CubeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Band 2Yeelight Bedside LampMi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Qi CycleMijia Story TellerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!Mi 4c4 Million Forum MembersMi TVPokemon Master Medal1900K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live MedalDiwali 1400K Forum MembersOlympics Medal3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UkraineHilal Ramadan UEFA EURO Medal3500K Forum Members300K Forum Members90000 Forum Members100k Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 91300K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMerry ChristmasSuper MondaySurge S1Women's Day MedalMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to FutureSuper WednesdayFan Of MIUI GreeceSuper ThursdayPuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 2017Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI ReviewTheme TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum App Review StarMost Active MIUIerForum Contest LoverMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI KingMIUI FollowerHumor MasterMi Story TellerInbox ZeroMi TalentStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeStar Of IconsAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMost Popular Forum User

[Discussion] Is Technology Making Us Anti-Social? Reply to Win Debate Master Medal!

[ Promote]
5997 618 |
01:28, Mar-19-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
003859ypglvqln6lkfwkpm.png

Hello MIUIers,
How is your life going on? Actually how is your social life going on? I think the answer is:very good, awesome or amazing or something like that. But actually is that called, being social? People are relying on their electronic devices and social media sites for a variety of reasons, and that is actually making people anti-social. How? Walking around a public place is like travelling through a sea of cell phones and iPods. People travel cell phone in hand and head phones in. No one seems to have their hands free anymore; they are constantly busy with something. Do you like being social like this? I don't.

BI-AA978_SOCIAL_J_20150506181807.jpg

iStock_000008727682Small.jpg

I remember (as I’m sure many of my friends do) growing up without any smartphones, tablets, or similar devices. My friends and I would spend the time playing football in the field or hide and seek in the woods. Some of us had video games, or watched cartoons, but these things weren’t our primary sources of entertainment. Listen to me, getting lost in a sea of nostalgia like some crotchety old timer. Anyway, things have obviously changed. Why bother going outside when you can just play “Candy Crush” or “Clash of Clans” with your friends instead? To be fair, I can’t cast judgment on this thought process, as it was mine for most of my adolescence.

SoberSocializing.jpg

Professor Rosen, is a professor of psychology at California State University, says, “As a research psychologist, I have studied the impact of technology for 30 years among 50,000 children, teens and adults in the U.S. and 24 other countries. In that time, three major game-changers have entered our world: portable computers, social communication and smartphones. The total effect has been to allow us to connect more with the people in our virtual world—but communicate less with those who are in our real world.”   

Rosen believes we need to put the phones down and technology away and stay focused on our real life communication, even if that means less communication altogether.

a0YwY2z_700b.jpg

What do you think? Is technology making us anti-social?
All users replying to this thread before 26th March 2017 (GMT +8:00) will receive "Debate Master" Medal!
nq36qkr.jpg

Note:
1. Irrelevant replies will be deleted.
2. Please reply to this topic only.

Thanks to our Admin @candicesu
, Smod @Technoking2020, SMod
@feds64 and Mods of Redmi3S/Prime/3X Sub Forum for continuous support

Expiration: 23:59, Mar-27-2017 Judge: Nowfel

Pro side Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
CoreRP:
It' s making is anti-social.My childhood without any devices, except T...
Fataldose:
That's really making us anti social, we don't chat with friends while ...
a3999jose:
Definitely!
Rizgung:
Seem Like ,Yes..
boazo:
well, people can be social or not by themselves, no need to blame or a...
PavanYadav:
yes..its
nur.muhammd.zul:
It is true. When I meet my friends all are busy with their phone.{:3_55:}
JoKeRLeE™:
Yes . i agreed with it's keeping us away from real social life , all o...
SoulDramatic:
Yes technology makes everybody anti sociall
dimatte:
we use social on phones but we don't socialize with real people
dimatte:
we live in a screen
courierkillerbd:
of course it is.
Dolphinstwins:
I'm torn in all fairness but I think that overall I agree with the sum...
adobosz1@tlen.p:
Yes technology will separated people if they want.
sathnas:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
sathnas:
It depends on you how you use it
AnonymoxRKS:
Yes, but it varies from person to person! There are those who know how...
ruleton:
yes, of course
rizalsr18:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
Abhra:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
masvandix:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life. {:6_223:}
PurpleXed:
sadly, it does make human relationship less strong. people have been w...
Paramjeet:
We are so much less connected with real world...the society that is. I...
Viviana54:
Yes, of course...
Aedor:
2nd life lol
19ricky67:
A couple of beers with your friends are much better then a gif on facebook
simone_g76:
Yes, they are letting us anti-social!!!
farid9sat:
No I don't think so.
ultron15:
yeah, sadly it's true. nowadays people only care their own smarphones,...
VirikVik:
yes, of course
Con side No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
soygogeta4:
it´s all on the person who use it
tothrobert191:
I think no, it help us to contact our friends and family
k8os:
No, I do not thing it
kazan417:
With technology you just have more choice what to do. It is absolutely not ...
paritosh1818:
Technology development is thing to appreciate. surely it helps to keep in t...
Dimko:
Depends of who and how using it
+380953980401:
Yes, this makes us antisocial. But judging from the situation outside t...
BaluA08:
No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
abhisworld:
yes... i think yes
sid1star:
NO depends from person to person.
Hedy.F:
I don't think so..it depends on our self
MrCardoso:
It helps us connect with people we can't hang out everyday, and gives you t...
msladkiy:
It just makes it easier to separate uninteresting people
AlejandroGR:
Technology just offers a different aspect of socialization. Evolution ftw
zecuto:
I always had my books. Nothing changed just because I have my phone in hand...
seto_adi:
no, its helping us to make social bonding stronger
Jelka:
mnair69 replied at 2017-3-21 16:04 If being social means going out to argu...
manenol:
not sure Technology just makes us lazy {:4_107:}
xoxojoy:
its all about ur prospective
kagaminator:
I don´t think that technology make us anti-social, surely is a bit differen...
ramankad:
technology help us to make social bonding
Gymman:
sanjaychaudhri:
TECHNOLOGY MAKING US MORE SOCIAL 1) I CAN SHARE EVENT WITH MY FAMILY /FR...
AndrianJr:
nope, if tec make you antisocial is your fault not tec fault
S_CAP:
I dont think so. If you want to, you can go and take part in Social events ...
kod201276:
Все зависит от человека. Нужно уметь разделять одно от другого. А сейчас бе...
Harshal_B:
I don't think so.
jeyjey89:
You and your friends/family members are responsible on how to use technolog...
Jivantmg:
No it is not making us anti social. Few years back we had hardly any means ...
kibria.mgk:
Technology doesn't make us anti-social, rather it enables us to stay connec...

Favorite4 Share

Rated by 39 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Fataldose + 1 Awesome!
Aedor + 1 Great!
srspinto + 1 Great!
IreneMiui9 + 2 Great!
xaru665 + 1 Thanks!
czoper + 2 Thanks!
vlambers + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
fsuuaas + 5 Fantastic!
KoHsetGyi + 2 Awesome!
mizera24 + 1 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
monster227 + 1 Great!
sanjaychaudhri + 1 Great!
S_CAP + 1 Thanks!
kod201276 + 1 Здорово!
hearthekker + 2 Awesome!
SaiTyson + 10 + 1 Fantastic!
rohitbn31 + 2 Great!
slimozis + 1 Thanks!
kalla_fiore + 1 Agreed!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Nice topic
candicesu + 10 Awesome!
dr.Pilulkin + 1 Great!
kanta_dey + 1 Agreed!
sastro_kimpet + 2 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!

Experience +155  Prestige +25  View Rating Log

Redmi 3S/Prime/3X & Gadgets SF

Please use Reply button or do @Nowfel, so that I can get a notification and reply faster.

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
611 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMi TV 70Unlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi Power StripMi HomeMi Yi CameraMi HeadphonesMi  BunnyMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2016Redmi 1SMi TVMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2MIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World Tour1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From Singapore600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan from Malaysia800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's Day900K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI Drawing Talent3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Happy New YearMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI ItalySurge S1Rocket to FutureSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan From Nepal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Mi Live MedalMerry ChristmasI Love 2016Thanksgiving DayMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Youth PledgeMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfMost Active MIUIerMIUI FB FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerInbox ZeroDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomApp TalentStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanApp TalentAndroid Guru

18:39, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
Both have positive & negative effect but it eases communication....

Elite Member

QQ ID: 3561156443

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
410 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMijia Story TellerMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Selfie StickMi Power StripMi BandMi  BunnyMi HomeMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalYi Action CameraMi VR HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 2016MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Redmi 2Mi 5Redmi Note 3Rooster Year of 2017Happy New YearMerry ChristmasMIUI Drawing Talent3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon Medal1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 92100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayI Love 2016Mi Live MedalMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI ItalySuper ThursdayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Happy MedalRingolicious MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Font LoverHappy Holi MedalMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Saturday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalSuper FridayPuzzle MasterSurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalSuper TuesdaySuper MondaySuper WednesdayGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyInbox ZeroMi TalentMi Story TellerApp TalentStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeTechnology GuruMIUI KingYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomForum Contest Lover

19:12, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
To me it's true. I keep my eyes on phone even if I meet with friends

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Nowfel + 10 Thanks!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
120 Hours
Send PM

Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesYi Action CameraMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi WiFiMi Yi CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Water PurifierMi Selfie StickMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi TV 70Mi HomeMijia Story TellerMijia Electric ScooterMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Power StripUnlock MedalMi VR HeadsetMi MIXMi VRMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowAwesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8AnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicMIUI 2016Redmi 3SThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App Installs2100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasPokemon Master Medal1700K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainHappy DiwaliDiwali 1800K Forum MembersMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Weekly Poll1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppHappy New YearMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI PolandXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Happy MedalHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdayMIUI 2017MIUI Font Lover90000 Forum MembersFan Of MIUI AustraliaHilal Ramadan MIUI 9MIUI 300 WeeksSuper Sunday300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UkrainePuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From NepalMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI RussiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI BulgariaSuper FridaySuper TuesdayRocket to FutureSuper MondaySurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewDebate MasterMi Lover MedalApp MasterStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master App TalentUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMost Popular Forum UserMIUI SuperstarRingtone Star Youth PledgeAndroid ElfHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerWallpaper StarMi TalentMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroMIUI KingMi Story TellerApp StarApp TalentMaster Of Technology

19:20, Mar-20-2017 | Via mobile
|

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 MTK
MIUI Version
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi Selfie StickMi HomeMi VRMi Band 2Magic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI Devices Contest300K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI 2017Rocket to FutureSuper MondayMIUI Forum AppMIUI World Tour3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsSurge S1MIUI Weekly PollMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterSuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMi TalentScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMost Popular Forum UserMIUI KingDebate Master

19:21, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it so much that you are isolated from real world.

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
406 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRMi HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMagic CubeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Band 2Yeelight Bedside LampMi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Qi CycleMijia Story TellerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!Mi 4c4 Million Forum MembersMi TVPokemon Master Medal1900K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live MedalDiwali 1400K Forum MembersOlympics Medal3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UkraineHilal Ramadan UEFA EURO Medal3500K Forum Members300K Forum Members90000 Forum Members100k Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 91300K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMerry ChristmasSuper MondaySurge S1Women's Day MedalMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to FutureSuper WednesdayFan Of MIUI GreeceSuper ThursdayPuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 2017Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI ReviewTheme TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum App Review StarMost Active MIUIerForum Contest LoverMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI KingMIUI FollowerHumor MasterMi Story TellerInbox ZeroMi TalentStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeStar Of IconsAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMost Popular Forum User

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
usamanwar replied at 2017-3-20 19:21
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it ...

Well said

Please use Reply button or do @Nowfel, so that I can get a notification and reply faster.

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
406 Hours
Send PM

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
aldiadhani replied at 2017-3-20 19:20

It's really alarming I think

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.5.0.MALMIDL
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi HomeMi VRMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI 2017Super Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App InstallsSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper Friday10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySuper MondayMIUI World TourRooster Year of 2017MIUI Forum AppHappy Holi MedalSuper SundaySuper Saturday5 Million Forum App Installs300K Forum MembersRocket to FutureAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeAndroid ElfDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMaster Of Technology

19:41, Mar-20-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
Well its depends on what kind of "social" you mean here. I mean technology nowadays make most people connected and actively seek for connection on many social media, and this is a "social" too. Maybe some people said its not a real "social" but then again what is the definition of "real"?? My "real" maybe not "real" for you and the reverse condition possibly exist.

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
V8.5.7.0.MBFCNED
Online time
417 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Selfie StickMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi VRMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 54 Million Forum MembersRedmi 2Redmi 3SRedmi ProRooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing TalentMIUI 2017Happy New Year1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI Weekly PollMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum App InstallsSingapore Merlion MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper MondayMIUI Font LoverSuper SundayMIUI Happy MedalHilal Ramadan 3500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI Fan from IndiaWomen's Day MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper TuesdaySuper ThursdaySuper WednesdayScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalUpdates LoverHumor MasterDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI KingForum Contest Lover

20:20, Mar-20-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
It's true...it happens to people around me..

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
34 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi Selfie StickMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Awesome!Mi 4cMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 7th Anniversary5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridayWomen's Day MedalSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalSuper WednesdayRocket to FutureHappy Holi MedalSuper Tuesday300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017MIUI Font LoverMIUI Fan From NepalSuper SaturdayAndroid GuruMIUI KingMost Popular Forum UserTechnology GuruMi TalentMi Story TellerDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomRingtone Star Mi Lover Medal

21:50, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
I thing technology made us social actually.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list