Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
308 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Story TellerMi WiFi Router MiniYeelight Bedside LampMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi VRMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Awesome!Mi TVMi 4cMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live MedalMIUI Forum AppDiwali 1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh5 Million Forum Posts1700K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From Brazil1300K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalOlympics Medal1400K Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts1900K Forum MembersSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle Master3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayRocket to FutureSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI UkraineHappy New YearSurge S1MIUI Weekly PollMIUI 2017I Love 2016Merry ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamUpdates LoverDebate MasterForum Contest LoverRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruMost Popular Forum UserMIUI KingMIUI FollowerMi TalentAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyHumor MasterInbox ZeroApp Review StarMi Story TellerAndroid GuruStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Medals Collector

[Discussion] Is Technology Making Us Anti-Social? Reply to Win Debate Master Medal!

[ Promote]
4437 618 |
01:28, Mar-19-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
003859ypglvqln6lkfwkpm.png

Hello MIUIers,
How is your life going on? Actually how is your social life going on? I think the answer is:very good, awesome or amazing or something like that. But actually is that called, being social? People are relying on their electronic devices and social media sites for a variety of reasons, and that is actually making people anti-social. How? Walking around a public place is like travelling through a sea of cell phones and iPods. People travel cell phone in hand and head phones in. No one seems to have their hands free anymore; they are constantly busy with something. Do you like being social like this? I don't.

BI-AA978_SOCIAL_J_20150506181807.jpg

iStock_000008727682Small.jpg

I remember (as I’m sure many of my friends do) growing up without any smartphones, tablets, or similar devices. My friends and I would spend the time playing football in the field or hide and seek in the woods. Some of us had video games, or watched cartoons, but these things weren’t our primary sources of entertainment. Listen to me, getting lost in a sea of nostalgia like some crotchety old timer. Anyway, things have obviously changed. Why bother going outside when you can just play “Candy Crush” or “Clash of Clans” with your friends instead? To be fair, I can’t cast judgment on this thought process, as it was mine for most of my adolescence.

SoberSocializing.jpg

Professor Rosen, is a professor of psychology at California State University, says, “As a research psychologist, I have studied the impact of technology for 30 years among 50,000 children, teens and adults in the U.S. and 24 other countries. In that time, three major game-changers have entered our world: portable computers, social communication and smartphones. The total effect has been to allow us to connect more with the people in our virtual world—but communicate less with those who are in our real world.”   

Rosen believes we need to put the phones down and technology away and stay focused on our real life communication, even if that means less communication altogether.

a0YwY2z_700b.jpg

What do you think? Is technology making us anti-social?
All users replying to this thread before 26th March 2017 (GMT +8:00) will receive "Debate Master" Medal!
nq36qkr.jpg

Note:
1. Irrelevant replies will be deleted.
2. Please reply to this topic only.

Thanks to our Admin @candicesu
, Smod @Technoking2020, SMod
@feds64 and Mods of Redmi3S/Prime/3X Sub Forum for continuous support

Expiration: 23:59, Mar-27-2017 Judge: Nowfel

Pro side Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
CoreRP:
It' s making is anti-social.My childhood without any devices, except T...
Fataldose:
That's really making us anti social, we don't chat with friends while ...
a3999jose:
Definitely!
Rizgung:
Seem Like ,Yes..
boazo:
well, people can be social or not by themselves, no need to blame or a...
PavanYadav:
yes..its
nur.muhammd.zul:
It is true. When I meet my friends all are busy with their phone.{:3_55:}
JoKeRLeE™:
Yes . i agreed with it's keeping us away from real social life , all o...
SoulDramatic:
Yes technology makes everybody anti sociall
dimatte:
we use social on phones but we don't socialize with real people
dimatte:
we live in a screen
courierkillerbd:
of course it is.
Dolphinstwins:
I'm torn in all fairness but I think that overall I agree with the sum...
adobosz1@tlen.p:
Yes technology will separated people if they want.
sathnas:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
sathnas:
It depends on you how you use it
AnonymoxRKS:
Yes, but it varies from person to person! There are those who know how...
ruleton:
yes, of course
rizalsr18:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
Abhra:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
masvandix:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life. {:6_223:}
PurpleXed:
sadly, it does make human relationship less strong. people have been w...
Paramjeet:
We are so much less connected with real world...the society that is. I...
Viviana54:
Yes, of course...
Aedor:
2nd life lol
19ricky67:
A couple of beers with your friends are much better then a gif on facebook
simone_g76:
Yes, they are letting us anti-social!!!
farid9sat:
No I don't think so.
ultron15:
yeah, sadly it's true. nowadays people only care their own smarphones,...
VirikVik:
yes, of course
Con side No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
soygogeta4:
it´s all on the person who use it
tothrobert191:
I think no, it help us to contact our friends and family
k8os:
No, I do not thing it
kazan417:
With technology you just have more choice what to do. It is absolutely not ...
paritosh1818:
Technology development is thing to appreciate. surely it helps to keep in t...
Dimko:
Depends of who and how using it
+380953980401:
Yes, this makes us antisocial. But judging from the situation outside t...
BaluA08:
No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
abhisworld:
yes... i think yes
sid1star:
NO depends from person to person.
Hedy.F:
I don't think so..it depends on our self
MrCardoso:
It helps us connect with people we can't hang out everyday, and gives you t...
msladkiy:
It just makes it easier to separate uninteresting people
AlejandroGR:
Technology just offers a different aspect of socialization. Evolution ftw
zecuto:
I always had my books. Nothing changed just because I have my phone in hand...
seto_adi:
no, its helping us to make social bonding stronger
Jelka:
mnair69 replied at 2017-3-21 16:04 If being social means going out to argu...
manenol:
not sure Technology just makes us lazy {:4_107:}
xoxojoy:
its all about ur prospective
kagaminator:
I don´t think that technology make us anti-social, surely is a bit differen...
ramankad:
technology help us to make social bonding
Gymman:
sanjaychaudhri:
TECHNOLOGY MAKING US MORE SOCIAL 1) I CAN SHARE EVENT WITH MY FAMILY /FR...
AndrianJr:
nope, if tec make you antisocial is your fault not tec fault
S_CAP:
I dont think so. If you want to, you can go and take part in Social events ...
kod201276:
Все зависит от человека. Нужно уметь разделять одно от другого. А сейчас бе...
Harshal_B:
I don't think so.
jeyjey89:
You and your friends/family members are responsible on how to use technolog...
Jivantmg:
No it is not making us anti social. Few years back we had hardly any means ...
kibria.mgk:
Technology doesn't make us anti-social, rather it enables us to stay connec...

Favorite4 Share

Rated by 39 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Fataldose + 1 Awesome!
Aedor + 1 Great!
srspinto + 1 Great!
IreneMiui9 + 2 Great!
xaru665 + 1 Thanks!
czoper + 2 Thanks!
vlambers + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
fsuuaas + 5 Fantastic!
KoHsetGyi + 2 Awesome!
mizera24 + 1 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
monster227 + 1 Great!
sanjaychaudhri + 1 Great!
S_CAP + 1 Thanks!
kod201276 + 1 Здорово!
hearthekker + 2 Awesome!
SaiTyson + 10 + 1 Fantastic!
rohitbn31 + 2 Great!
slimozis + 1 Thanks!
kalla_fiore + 1 Agreed!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Nice topic
candicesu + 10 Awesome!
dr.Pilulkin + 1 Great!
kanta_dey + 1 Agreed!
sastro_kimpet + 2 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!

Experience +155  Prestige +25  View Rating Log

Redmi 3S/Prime/3X

Please use Reply button or do @Nowfel, so that I can get a notification and reply faster.

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
517 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi Yi CameraMi Power StripYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMi BandUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MarshmallowFlashholicMi TVRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi PadMIUI Fan From SingaporeWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI Italy1500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI India900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Malaysia1 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DaySurge S1MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdayMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Mi Live MedalMIUI Marathon MedalMerry ChristmasThanksgiving DayHappy New Year1 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Drawing Talent2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016600K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI World TourPokemon Master MedalMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertApp TalentDebate MasterInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerApp TalentAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:39, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
Both have positive & negative effect but it eases communication....

MIUI App Review Team

QQ ID: 3561156443

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
404 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotYi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi BandMi Power StripUnlock MedalMi HomeMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMi VR HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Fantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmi Note 3Mi 5Redmi 21 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Merry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017Thanksgiving Day3 Million Forum App Installs5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky Friday2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersRingolicious MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourI Love 2016Mi Live MedalMIUI Drawing TalentSuper ThursdayHappy New Year3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI Happy MedalHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Forum AppRocket to FutureSurge S1Super WednesdayFan Of MIUI ItalySuper FridaySuper MondaySingapore Merlion MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Font LoverSuper TuesdayI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyYouth PledgeAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterInbox ZeroApp TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI ExpertMi Story Teller

19:12, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
To me it's true. I keep my eyes on phone even if I meet with friends

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Nowfel + 10 Thanks!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
120 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi  BunnyMi WiFiMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMi Band 2Mi HomeMi Yi CameraMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMagic CubeYi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi VRUnlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchMi MIXMi Power StripMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowI Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 8AnTuTuFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi 3S1500K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Marathon MedalPokemon Master Medal2100K Forum MembersI Love 20161700K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Russia1800K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Weekly PollXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Monthly Talk10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalSurge S1MIUI Fan From Nepal1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI 300 WeeksFan Of MIUI AustraliaFan Of MIUI Ukraine3500K Forum MembersMIUI Font Lover90000 Forum Members300K Forum MembersSingapore Merlion MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Fan from TurkeySuper FridayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DayHappy New YearSuper TuesdaySuper MondayRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI Fan from IndiaGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruApp MasterStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverApp TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMost Popular Forum UserMIUI SuperstarRingtone Star Youth PledgeHumor MasterMIUI KingMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerWallpaper StarMi TalentMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroMi Story TellerApp StarApp TalentMaster Of Technology

19:20, Mar-20-2017 | Via mobile
|

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 MTK
MIUI Version
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Selfie StickMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestRocket to FutureSuper SaturdayMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle Master5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy MedalSurge S1Super MondaySuper Tuesday300K Forum MembersMIUI World TourGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalUpdates LoverAndroid ElfMost Popular Forum UserAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverMi TalentDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyMIUI King

19:21, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it so much that you are isolated from real world.

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
308 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Story TellerMi WiFi Router MiniYeelight Bedside LampMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi VRMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Awesome!Mi TVMi 4cMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live MedalMIUI Forum AppDiwali 1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh5 Million Forum Posts1700K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From Brazil1300K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalOlympics Medal1400K Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts1900K Forum MembersSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle Master3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayRocket to FutureSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI UkraineHappy New YearSurge S1MIUI Weekly PollMIUI 2017I Love 2016Merry ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamUpdates LoverDebate MasterForum Contest LoverRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruMost Popular Forum UserMIUI KingMIUI FollowerMi TalentAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyHumor MasterInbox ZeroApp Review StarMi Story TellerAndroid GuruStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Medals Collector

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
usamanwar replied at 2017-3-20 19:21
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it ...

Well said
Redmi 3S/Prime/3X

Please use Reply button or do @Nowfel, so that I can get a notification and reply faster.

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
308 Hours
Send PM

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
aldiadhani replied at 2017-3-20 19:20

It's really alarming I think
Redmi 3S/Prime/3X

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi HomeMi VRMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI 2017Super Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App InstallsSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper Friday10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySuper MondayMIUI World TourRooster Year of 2017MIUI Forum AppHappy Holi MedalSuper SundaySuper Saturday5 Million Forum App Installs300K Forum MembersRocket to FutureAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeAndroid ElfDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMaster Of Technology

19:41, Mar-20-2017 | From APP
|
Well its depends on what kind of "social" you mean here. I mean technology nowadays make most people connected and actively seek for connection on many social media, and this is a "social" too. Maybe some people said its not a real "social" but then again what is the definition of "real"?? My "real" maybe not "real" for you and the reverse condition possibly exist.

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
V7.5.9.0.MALCNDE
Online time
268 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi  BunnyMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi HomeMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMi 5Redmi 3SRedmi ProXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Happy New YearRooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing Talent1500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollPokemon Master MedalMerry ChristmasMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Russia1 Million Forum App InstallsSuper MondaySuper ThursdaySuper SundayRocket to FutureMIUI Font LoverMIUI Forum AppSuper Saturday5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper WednesdaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper TuesdayHappy Valentine's Day3500K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan from IndiaScroll Of WisdomMIUI KingStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterUpdates LoverMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanHumor Master

20:20, Mar-20-2017 | From APP
|
It's true...it happens to people around me..

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
32 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMi 4cHappy Holi MedalMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdayMIUI Happy MedalSuper ThursdaySuper FridayWomen's Day MedalRocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Font LoverMIUI 2017Super TuesdayHappy Valentine's Day300K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From NepalRooster Year of 20173500K Forum MembersTechnology GuruMi Story TellerAndroid GuruDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMIUI KingMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star Android ElfForum Contest LoverMost Popular Forum UserMi Lover Medal

21:50, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
I thing technology made us social actually.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list