Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
267 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeYeelight Bedside LampMi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRMi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Mi 4cMi TVMIUI 300 WeeksFan Of MIUI BangladeshMid-Autumn Festival5 Million Forum Posts1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO MedalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil1300K Forum MembersMi Live MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsDiwali Surge S1Happy New YearMIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle Master300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayRocket to FutureSuper ThursdayMIUI 2017Women's Day MedalFan Of MIUI India1900K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World TourI Love 2016MiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalInbox ZeroDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerHumor MasterStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsAndroid GuruYouth Pledge

[Discussion] Is Technology Making Us Anti-Social? Reply to Win Debate Master Medal!

[ Promote]
4102 618 |
01:28, Mar-19-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
003859ypglvqln6lkfwkpm.png

Hello MIUIers,
How is your life going on? Actually how is your social life going on? I think the answer is:very good, awesome or amazing or something like that. But actually is that called, being social? People are relying on their electronic devices and social media sites for a variety of reasons, and that is actually making people anti-social. How? Walking around a public place is like travelling through a sea of cell phones and iPods. People travel cell phone in hand and head phones in. No one seems to have their hands free anymore; they are constantly busy with something. Do you like being social like this? I don't.

BI-AA978_SOCIAL_J_20150506181807.jpg

iStock_000008727682Small.jpg

I remember (as I’m sure many of my friends do) growing up without any smartphones, tablets, or similar devices. My friends and I would spend the time playing football in the field or hide and seek in the woods. Some of us had video games, or watched cartoons, but these things weren’t our primary sources of entertainment. Listen to me, getting lost in a sea of nostalgia like some crotchety old timer. Anyway, things have obviously changed. Why bother going outside when you can just play “Candy Crush” or “Clash of Clans” with your friends instead? To be fair, I can’t cast judgment on this thought process, as it was mine for most of my adolescence.

SoberSocializing.jpg

Professor Rosen, is a professor of psychology at California State University, says, “As a research psychologist, I have studied the impact of technology for 30 years among 50,000 children, teens and adults in the U.S. and 24 other countries. In that time, three major game-changers have entered our world: portable computers, social communication and smartphones. The total effect has been to allow us to connect more with the people in our virtual world—but communicate less with those who are in our real world.”   

Rosen believes we need to put the phones down and technology away and stay focused on our real life communication, even if that means less communication altogether.

a0YwY2z_700b.jpg

What do you think? Is technology making us anti-social?
All users replying to this thread before 26th March 2017 (GMT +8:00) will receive "Debate Master" Medal!
nq36qkr.jpg

Note:
1. Irrelevant replies will be deleted.
2. Please reply to this topic only.

Thanks to our Admin @candicesu
, Smod @Technoking2020, SMod
@feds64 and Mods of Redmi3S/Prime/3X Sub Forum for continuous support

Expiration: 23:59, Mar-27-2017 Judge: Nowfel

Pro side Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
CoreRP:
It' s making is anti-social.My childhood without any devices, except T...
Fataldose:
That's really making us anti social, we don't chat with friends while ...
a3999jose:
Definitely!
Rizgung:
Seem Like ,Yes..
boazo:
well, people can be social or not by themselves, no need to blame or a...
PavanYadav:
yes..its
nur.muhammd.zul:
It is true. When I meet my friends all are busy with their phone.{:3_55:}
JoKeRLeE™:
Yes . i agreed with it's keeping us away from real social life , all o...
SoulDramatic:
Yes technology makes everybody anti sociall
dimatte:
we use social on phones but we don't socialize with real people
dimatte:
we live in a screen
courierkillerbd:
of course it is.
Dolphinstwins:
I'm torn in all fairness but I think that overall I agree with the sum...
adobosz1@tlen.p:
Yes technology will separated people if they want.
sathnas:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
sathnas:
It depends on you how you use it
AnonymoxRKS:
Yes, but it varies from person to person! There are those who know how...
ruleton:
yes, of course
rizalsr18:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
Abhra:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
masvandix:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life. {:6_223:}
PurpleXed:
sadly, it does make human relationship less strong. people have been w...
Paramjeet:
We are so much less connected with real world...the society that is. I...
Viviana54:
Yes, of course...
Aedor:
2nd life lol
19ricky67:
A couple of beers with your friends are much better then a gif on facebook
simone_g76:
Yes, they are letting us anti-social!!!
farid9sat:
No I don't think so.
ultron15:
yeah, sadly it's true. nowadays people only care their own smarphones,...
VirikVik:
yes, of course
Con side No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
soygogeta4:
it´s all on the person who use it
tothrobert191:
I think no, it help us to contact our friends and family
k8os:
No, I do not thing it
kazan417:
With technology you just have more choice what to do. It is absolutely not ...
paritosh1818:
Technology development is thing to appreciate. surely it helps to keep in t...
Dimko:
Depends of who and how using it
+380953980401:
Yes, this makes us antisocial. But judging from the situation outside t...
BaluA08:
No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
abhisworld:
yes... i think yes
sid1star:
NO depends from person to person.
Hedy.F:
I don't think so..it depends on our self
MrCardoso:
It helps us connect with people we can't hang out everyday, and gives you t...
msladkiy:
It just makes it easier to separate uninteresting people
AlejandroGR:
Technology just offers a different aspect of socialization. Evolution ftw
zecuto:
I always had my books. Nothing changed just because I have my phone in hand...
seto_adi:
no, its helping us to make social bonding stronger
Jelka:
mnair69 replied at 2017-3-21 16:04 If being social means going out to argu...
manenol:
not sure Technology just makes us lazy {:4_107:}
xoxojoy:
its all about ur prospective
kagaminator:
I don´t think that technology make us anti-social, surely is a bit differen...
ramankad:
technology help us to make social bonding
Gymman:
sanjaychaudhri:
TECHNOLOGY MAKING US MORE SOCIAL 1) I CAN SHARE EVENT WITH MY FAMILY /FR...
AndrianJr:
nope, if tec make you antisocial is your fault not tec fault
S_CAP:
I dont think so. If you want to, you can go and take part in Social events ...
kod201276:
Все зависит от человека. Нужно уметь разделять одно от другого. А сейчас бе...
Harshal_B:
I don't think so.
jeyjey89:
You and your friends/family members are responsible on how to use technolog...
Jivantmg:
No it is not making us anti social. Few years back we had hardly any means ...
kibria.mgk:
Technology doesn't make us anti-social, rather it enables us to stay connec...

Favorite4 Share

Rated by 39 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Fataldose + 1 Awesome!
Aedor + 1 Great!
srspinto + 1 Great!
IreneMiui9 + 2 Great!
xaru665 + 1 Thanks!
czoper + 2 Thanks!
vlambers + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
fsuuaas + 5 Fantastic!
KoHsetGyi + 2 Awesome!
mizera24 + 1 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
monster227 + 1 Great!
sanjaychaudhri + 1 Great!
S_CAP + 1 Thanks!
kod201276 + 1 Здорово!
hearthekker + 2 Awesome!
SaiTyson + 10 + 1 Fantastic!
rohitbn31 + 2 Great!
slimozis + 1 Thanks!
kalla_fiore + 1 Agreed!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Nice topic
candicesu + 10 Awesome!
dr.Pilulkin + 1 Great!
kanta_dey + 1 Agreed!
sastro_kimpet + 2 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!

Experience +155  Prestige +25  View Rating Log

Redmi 3S/Prime/3X

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
499 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi Yi CameraMi Power StripYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMi BandUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MarshmallowFlashholicMi TVRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi PadMIUI Fan From SingaporeWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI Italy1500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI India900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Malaysia1 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DaySurge S1MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdayMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Mi Live MedalMIUI Marathon MedalMerry ChristmasThanksgiving DayHappy New Year1 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Drawing Talent2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016600K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI World TourPokemon Master MedalMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertApp TalentDebate MasterInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerApp TalentAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:39, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
Both have positive & negative effect but it eases communication....

Elite Member

QQ ID: 3561156443

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
395 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotYi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi BandMi Power StripUnlock MedalMi HomeMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMi VR HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowMIUI 2016Fantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIMi 5Redmi Note 3Redmi 21 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Thanksgiving DayHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI RussiaSuper Thursday1500K Forum MembersRingolicious MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourMi Live Medal2100K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayI Love 2016Merry ChristmasSuper WednesdayMIUI Drawing TalentPuzzle MasterSurge S110 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy MedalSingapore Merlion MedalWomen's Day MedalHappy Holi MedalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdaySuper TuesdaySuper MondayFan Of MIUI ItalySuper FridayAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeApp TalentMi Story TellerDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfAndroid GuruUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingTechnology GuruMi TalentMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI ExpertForum Contest Lover

19:12, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
To me it's true. I keep my eyes on phone even if I meet with friends

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Nowfel + 10 Thanks!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
111 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Yi CameraMi WiFiMi VR HeadsetMi VRMi Power StripMi Water PurifierMi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Magic CubeUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi HomeMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!FlashholicMarshmallowFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 8Redmi 3SMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryI Love 2016MIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshDiwali Mi Live Medal1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Forum AppHappy Diwali1900K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI PolandPokemon Master MedalMIUI Happy MedalSuper MondaySuper ThursdayMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI Lucky FridaySuper WednesdayHappy Valentine's DayRocket to FutureSuper TuesdayPuzzle MasterWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From NepalSurge S13 Million Forum MembersSuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 201790000 Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Happy New Year1 Million Forum App Installs300K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMerry ChristmasMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Font LoverHappy Holi Medal3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Fan from TurkeyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalApp MasterDebate MasterWallpaper StarMi Story TellerApp StarApp TalentMIUI KingHumor MasterMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMi TalentApp TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest Lover

19:20, Mar-20-2017 | Via mobile
|

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 MTK
MIUI Version
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi HomeMi Selfie StickXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUISuper SaturdayPuzzle Master5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum MembersMIUI World Tour300K Forum MembersSuper MondayRocket to FutureSurge S1Android ElfForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMIUI ExpertStar Of Technology

19:21, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it so much that you are isolated from real world.

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
267 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeYeelight Bedside LampMi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRMi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Mi 4cMi TVMIUI 300 WeeksFan Of MIUI BangladeshMid-Autumn Festival5 Million Forum Posts1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO MedalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil1300K Forum MembersMi Live MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsDiwali Surge S1Happy New YearMIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle Master300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayRocket to FutureSuper ThursdayMIUI 2017Women's Day MedalFan Of MIUI India1900K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World TourI Love 2016MiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalInbox ZeroDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerHumor MasterStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsAndroid GuruYouth Pledge

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
usamanwar replied at 2017-3-20 19:21
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it ...

Well said
Redmi 3S/Prime/3X

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
267 Hours
Send PM

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
aldiadhani replied at 2017-3-20 19:20

It's really alarming I think
Redmi 3S/Prime/3X

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMIUI 8Fantastic!3 Million Forum MembersSuper MondayMIUI World TourPuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 2017MIUI Happy MedalSuper FridaySuper ThursdayRocket to FutureMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App InstallsSuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalWomen's Day Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppSurge S1Super WednesdayDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverDebate Master

19:41, Mar-20-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
Well its depends on what kind of "social" you mean here. I mean technology nowadays make most people connected and actively seek for connection on many social media, and this is a "social" too. Maybe some people said its not a real "social" but then again what is the definition of "real"?? My "real" maybe not "real" for you and the reverse condition possibly exist.

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
V8.1.5.0.MALCNDI
Online time
155 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Magic CubeMi VRMi Selfie StickMi HomeMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI 8MIUI 2016Mi 5Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Redmi ProRedmi 3SRooster Year of 2017Happy New YearMIUI Drawing TalentMerry Christmas1500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 2017Pokemon Master MedalMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Russia1 Million Forum App InstallsSuper MondaySuper ThursdaySuper SundayRocket to FutureMIUI Font LoverMIUI Forum AppSuper Saturday5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper WednesdaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper TuesdayHappy Valentine's Day3500K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan from IndiaScroll Of WisdomMIUI KingStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterUpdates LoverMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanHumor Master

20:20, Mar-20-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
It's true...it happens to people around me..

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
32 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMIUI 8Mi 4cSuper FridayHappy Valentine's DayRocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper Wednesday300K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Font Lover3500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Super SaturdaySuper TuesdayHappy Holi MedalTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverDebate MasterAndroid ElfRingtone Star Master Of TechnologyScroll Of Wisdom

21:50, Mar-20-2017 | From PC
|
I thing technology made us social actually.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list