Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
201 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerYeelight Bedside LampMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!Mi 4cMi TVOlympics MedalSuper Monday5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 6th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from India1700K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Pokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1Happy New YearMIUI Forum AppMerry Christmas1 Million Forum App InstallsWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper ThursdayRocket to FuturePuzzle Master3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsI Love 2016MIUI 20171900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI India1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersDiwali Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerHumor MasterMi TalentStar Of IconsAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest Lover

[Discussion] Is Technology Making Us Anti-Social? Reply to Win Debate Master Medal!

[ Promote]
3424 599 |
01:28, Mar-19-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
003859ypglvqln6lkfwkpm.png

Hello MIUIers,
How is your life going on? Actually how is your social life going on? I think the answer is:very good, awesome or amazing or something like that. But actually is that called, being social? People are relying on their electronic devices and social media sites for a variety of reasons, and that is actually making people anti-social. How? Walking around a public place is like travelling through a sea of cell phones and iPods. People travel cell phone in hand and head phones in. No one seems to have their hands free anymore; they are constantly busy with something. Do you like being social like this? I don't.

BI-AA978_SOCIAL_J_20150506181807.jpg

iStock_000008727682Small.jpg

I remember (as I’m sure many of my friends do) growing up without any smartphones, tablets, or similar devices. My friends and I would spend the time playing football in the field or hide and seek in the woods. Some of us had video games, or watched cartoons, but these things weren’t our primary sources of entertainment. Listen to me, getting lost in a sea of nostalgia like some crotchety old timer. Anyway, things have obviously changed. Why bother going outside when you can just play “Candy Crush” or “Clash of Clans” with your friends instead? To be fair, I can’t cast judgment on this thought process, as it was mine for most of my adolescence.

SoberSocializing.jpg

Professor Rosen, is a professor of psychology at California State University, says, “As a research psychologist, I have studied the impact of technology for 30 years among 50,000 children, teens and adults in the U.S. and 24 other countries. In that time, three major game-changers have entered our world: portable computers, social communication and smartphones. The total effect has been to allow us to connect more with the people in our virtual world—but communicate less with those who are in our real world.”   

Rosen believes we need to put the phones down and technology away and stay focused on our real life communication, even if that means less communication altogether.

a0YwY2z_700b.jpg

What do you think? Is technology making us anti-social?
All users replying to this thread before 26th March 2017 (GMT +8:00) will receive "Debate Master" Medal!
nq36qkr.jpg

Note:
1. Irrelevant replies will be deleted.
2. Please reply to this topic only.

Thanks to our Admin @candicesu
, Smod @Technoking2020, SMod
@feds64 and Mods of Redmi3S/Prime/3X Sub Forum for continuous support

Expiration: 23:59, Mar-27-2017 Judge: Nowfel

Pro side Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
nur.muhammd.zul:
It is true. When I meet my friends all are busy with their phone.{:3_55:}
JoKeRLeE™:
Yes . i agreed with it's keeping us away from real social life , all o...
SoulDramatic:
Yes technology makes everybody anti sociall
dimatte:
we use social on phones but we don't socialize with real people
dimatte:
we live in a screen
courierkillerbd:
of course it is.
Dolphinstwins:
I'm torn in all fairness but I think that overall I agree with the sum...
adobosz1@tlen.p:
Yes technology will separated people if they want.
sathnas:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
sathnas:
It depends on you how you use it
AnonymoxRKS:
Yes, but it varies from person to person! There are those who know how...
ruleton:
yes, of course
rizalsr18:
Yes technology makes everybody anti social
Abhra:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life.
masvandix:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life. {:6_223:}
PurpleXed:
sadly, it does make human relationship less strong. people have been w...
Paramjeet:
We are so much less connected with real world...the society that is. I...
Viviana54:
Yes, of course...
Aedor:
2nd life lol
19ricky67:
A couple of beers with your friends are much better then a gif on facebook
simone_g76:
Yes, they are letting us anti-social!!!
farid9sat:
No I don't think so.
ultron15:
yeah, sadly it's true. nowadays people only care their own smarphones,...
VirikVik:
yes, of course
dmvlkh74:
No, the phone does not help in my communication with my friends.
kosarlukascz:
Surely, people are more interested in the smart device, than others pe...
rmsh197:
Yes, it is keeping us away from real social life
ExampleZz:
Nowfel replied at 2017-3-20 22:29 Is this good or bad, according to y...
karthikrama:
saifuk:
ya there is not doubt in saying this..when ever we get free/spare time...
Con side No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
soygogeta4:
it´s all on the person who use it
tothrobert191:
I think no, it help us to contact our friends and family
k8os:
No, I do not thing it
kazan417:
With technology you just have more choice what to do. It is absolutely not ...
paritosh1818:
Technology development is thing to appreciate. surely it helps to keep in t...
Dimko:
Depends of who and how using it
+380953980401:
Yes, this makes us antisocial. But judging from the situation outside t...
BaluA08:
No, it is helping us to make social bonding stronger.
abhisworld:
yes... i think yes
sid1star:
NO depends from person to person.
Hedy.F:
I don't think so..it depends on our self
MrCardoso:
It helps us connect with people we can't hang out everyday, and gives you t...
msladkiy:
It just makes it easier to separate uninteresting people
AlejandroGR:
Technology just offers a different aspect of socialization. Evolution ftw
zecuto:
I always had my books. Nothing changed just because I have my phone in hand...
seto_adi:
no, its helping us to make social bonding stronger
Jelka:
mnair69 replied at 2017-3-21 16:04 If being social means going out to argu...
manenol:
not sure Technology just makes us lazy {:4_107:}
xoxojoy:
its all about ur prospective
kagaminator:
I don´t think that technology make us anti-social, surely is a bit differen...
ramankad:
technology help us to make social bonding
Gymman:
sanjaychaudhri:
TECHNOLOGY MAKING US MORE SOCIAL 1) I CAN SHARE EVENT WITH MY FAMILY /FR...
AndrianJr:
nope, if tec make you antisocial is your fault not tec fault
S_CAP:
I dont think so. If you want to, you can go and take part in Social events ...
kod201276:
Все зависит от человека. Нужно уметь разделять одно от другого. А сейчас бе...
Harshal_B:
I don't think so.
jeyjey89:
You and your friends/family members are responsible on how to use technolog...
Jivantmg:
No it is not making us anti social. Few years back we had hardly any means ...
kibria.mgk:
Technology doesn't make us anti-social, rather it enables us to stay connec...

Favorite3 Share

Rated by 38 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Aedor + 1 Great!
srspinto + 1 Great!
IreneMiui9 + 2 Great!
xaru665 + 1 Thanks!
czoper + 2 Thanks!
vlambers + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
fsuuaas + 5 Fantastic!
KoHsetGyi + 2 Awesome!
mizera24 + 1 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
monster227 + 1 Great!
sanjaychaudhri + 1 Great!
S_CAP + 1 Thanks!
kod201276 + 1 Здорово!
hearthekker + 2 Awesome!
SaiTyson + 10 + 1 Fantastic!
rohitbn31 + 2 Great!
slimozis + 1 Thanks!
kalla_fiore + 1 Agreed!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Nice topic
candicesu + 10 Awesome!
dr.Pilulkin + 1 Great!
kanta_dey + 1 Agreed!
sastro_kimpet + 2 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
andrem1999 + 2 Great!

Experience +154  Prestige +25  View Rating Log

MIUI Resources Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
416 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mi Yi CameraYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi  BunnyUnlock MedalMi BandMi Selfie StickMi Power StripMi HomeMi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerMIUI 2016FlashholicAwesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Redmi 2Redmi 1SMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Mi Pad1500K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon Medal1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From Singapore600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan from Malaysia800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's Day900K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World Tour3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkHappy New YearThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Lucky FridaySuper WednesdaySurge S1Women's Day MedalMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI ItalyMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017Pokemon Master Medal2100K Forum MembersMi Live MedalI Love 2016MiPopSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyDebate MasterForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeUpdates LoverHumor MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerApp TalentMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanApp TalentStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomAndroid Elf

18:39, Mar-20-2017
|
Both have positive & negative effect but it eases communication....

QQ ID: 3561156443

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
337 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeYi Action CameraMijia Story TellerMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetUnlock MedalMi Power StripMi Band 2Mi BandMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Selfie StickMIUI 2016Awesome!I Love MIUIMarshmallowFantastic!Redmi Note 3Fan Of MIUI RussiaHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayMIUI 2017MIUI World Tour1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalRooster Year of 2017Mi Live Medal2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Merry Christmas3 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper WednesdayMIUI Happy Medal3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyRocket to FutureMIUI Drawing TalentSuper MondaySuper TuesdayMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterApp TalentStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMIUI KingMi Story TellerForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMi Lover Medal

19:12, Mar-20-2017
|
To me it's true. I keep my eyes on phone even if I meet with friends

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Nowfel + 10 Thanks!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
95 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi WiFiMi Water PurifierMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi TV 70Mi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi Power StripMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMagic CubeYi Action CameraMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi HomeMIUI 8Awesome!I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!FlashholicRedmi 3S2100K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live Medal1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaDiwali 1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Diwali1900K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersSurge S1MIUI Fan from MalaysiaSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly TalkPokemon Master MedalMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayRocket to FutureSuper FridayMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI BulgariaFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DaySuper TuesdayPuzzle MasterSuper WednesdayWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalI Love 2016Merry Christmas10 Million Forum PostsThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverApp MasterAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMi TalentMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerApp StarMIUI KingYouth PledgeAndroid ElfApp TalentHumor MasterApp TalentInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruWallpaper StarMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest Lover

19:20, Mar-20-2017 Via mobile
|

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 MTK
MIUI Version
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 83 Million Forum MembersSurge S1Puzzle MasterMIUI Weekly PollAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid Elf

19:21, Mar-20-2017
|
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it so much that you are isolated from real world.

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
201 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerYeelight Bedside LampMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!Mi 4cMi TVOlympics MedalSuper Monday5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 6th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from India1700K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Pokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1Happy New YearMIUI Forum AppMerry Christmas1 Million Forum App InstallsWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper ThursdayRocket to FuturePuzzle Master3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsI Love 2016MIUI 20171900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI India1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersDiwali Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalDebate MasterRedmi Quiz MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerHumor MasterMi TalentStar Of IconsAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest Lover

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017
|
usamanwar replied at 2017-3-20 19:21
It depends on you how you use it. Either you can use it to connect to world or you can indulge in it ...

Well said

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
201 Hours
Send PM

Author| 19:22, Mar-20-2017
|
aldiadhani replied at 2017-3-20 19:20

It's really alarming I think

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Band 2Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMIUI 8Fantastic!Puzzle MasterSuper Monday3 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsSuper ThursdayMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to FutureMIUI World TourMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017MIUI Happy MedalSuper FridaySurge S1Android ElfForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanDebate Master

19:41, Mar-20-2017
|
Well its depends on what kind of "social" you mean here. I mean technology nowadays make most people connected and actively seek for connection on many social media, and this is a "social" too. Maybe some people said its not a real "social" but then again what is the definition of "real"?? My "real" maybe not "real" for you and the reverse condition possibly exist.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
54 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMagic CubeMIUI 2016Awesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MarshmallowXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 3SRedmi ProMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum App InstallsPokemon Master MedalMIUI Weekly Poll1500K Forum MembersHappy New YearMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI RussiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing TalentSuper ThursdayWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 2017Super MondaySuper TuesdaySingapore Merlion MedalMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverHumor MasterMIUI King

20:20, Mar-20-2017
|
It's true...it happens to people around me..

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
MIUI Version
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Mi 4cWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayRocket to FutureSuper WednesdaySuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalSuper ThursdayMi Story TellerTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMi Lover Medal

21:50, Mar-20-2017
|
I thing technology made us social actually.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list