Always be Humble :)

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
Online time
2263 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi T-ShirtMagic CubeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi HomeMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi BoxMi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi WiFi Router MiniXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI 6MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMi PadRedmi 2Redmi NoteMi NoteMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Mi Note ProSuper ThursdaySuper Saturday5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th Anniversary500K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersSuper TuesdaySuper MondayPuzzle MasterMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 5th AnniversaryWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdayHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving Day700K Forum Members800K Forum MembersSurge S11300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaXiaomi 5th Anniversary600K Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsMalaysia Anniversary1700K Forum MembersSuper SundayMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 300 WeeksI Love 2016MIUI Forum App1 Million Forum MembersMIUI World Tour1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI RussiaMerry ChristmasMIUI Lucky FridayUEFA EURO Medal900K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Happy Valentine's DayHappy New YearMIUI 2017Rocket to FuturePokemon Master MedalRooster Year of 2017Alpaca Mi Bunny MiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi TalentMIUI ExpertMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeRedmi Note 3 ExplorerAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerMi Bunny Game Master Super ModeratorMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorMi Story TellerWallpaper ExpertScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruApp StarWallpaper StarDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfOTA FeedbackDebate MasterUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerHumor MasterMIUI Photography GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone Star Mr. DependableStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Device ExpertMIUI FB Follower

[Reviews] [MIUI with Marcus] V2.0: Mi Remote - Turn Your Phone into a Multi-purpose Remote

[ Promote]
20974 807 |
22:53, Mar-20-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by marcus_keong at 13:24, Apr-06-2017

Hey MIUIers!

With the inspiration from our MIUI Forum administrator, Nana, I have decided to make my very own series named "MIUI With Marcus". The MWM series is written with a simple purpose - to let MIUI users know more about MIUI features. I will use my own knowledge and experiences to explain how to use the mentioned MIUI features. Feel free to correct me if I made any mistakes in explaining them.

It's time for another MWM series. For second series, I will cover on one of the forgotten MIUI System apps --- Mi Remote!

p/s: This review is done on Redmi Note 3 SD version, with MIUI 8 China Developer Ver 7.3.9

Quick Intro

Mi Remote is used as a virtual remote control for most home appliances which have Infrared Remote Control. With the type of home appliances and brands, we can browse and match the frequency of the remote control for our appliances. The best thing about Mi Remote is that we can add as many remote control as we want in app! This app will be available by default on Xiaomi phones which support Infrared Blaster (Output).

How to use Mi Remote

Note: Internet connection is required to get more variety of remote, else you only get a few brands in appliance types.

1) We can locate the Mi Remote app in Tools Folder.
Tool.png

2) Start the app and we will see interface similar to this (Mine already added some remote controls). Tap on the top left "+" icon.
home.png

3) Select the type and brand of our home appliances from the selection menu.
Type and Brand.gif

4) After we selected the brand of your appliance, aim our phone toward the appliance and press the button key on the Mi Remote. If we are lucky, the appliance will respond to the first button. Press "Yes" to save the source as our remote device.

Tips: By holding press the button, the app will continuously switch to the next source. Keep holding on the button until you notice that your appliance respond to your button, then stop pressing it. That source will be the matched remote device for your appliance!
test 1.png

5) After select "Yes", we will go into the details of the remote. By enabling "Share" setting, we could let other Xiaomi Devices which support Mi Remote App to search and use the paired device. "Add shortcut" will create a shortcut app on our home page. After pairing it, we will enter the control interface of the particular remote.
add 1.png

shortcut.png

6) Tap on back at top left, and you will go back to the home page, with the new remote you saved just now.

FAQ for Mi Remote App

I'm not sure about Global ROM, but the help FAQ for China Dev ROM are all in Chinese. So I will translate them to English and hopefully will be helpful to users here.

Q: Is Mi Remote App can control almost every appliances?
A: I will say it can control most of the appliances which use Infrared Remote Control, such as television, air conditional, and projectors. If the appliance is controlled by wireless or bluetooth remote control, then it won't be supported by Mi Remote App.

Q: Can I download and use Mi Remote App on my phone?
A: For every smartphones which support IR Blaster, will be able to use Mi Remote App. Usually Xiaomi phones which has IR Blaster, will have Mi Remote app pre-installed. Here is the list of Xiaomi Phones which equipped with IR Blaster:

1) Xiaomi Mi Note 2
2) Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
3) Xiaomi Mi 5/Pro
4) Xiaomi Mi Max/Prime
5) Xiaomi Mi 4S
6) Xiaomi Mi 4c
7) Xiaomi Mi 4
8) Redmi Pro
9) Redmi Note 4X
10) Redmi Note 4 (MTK & SD)
11) Redmi Note 3 (MTK & SD)
12) Redmi Note 2
13) Redmi 4/Prime
14) Redmi 4A
15) Redmi 3S/Prime/3X
16) Redmi 3/Prime

Note: Redmi Note 4X is actually the same as Redmi Note 4 SD version, but due to China market and International market, they have different naming. To avoid confusion, I add them both.

Q: Why I cannot control my television with Mi Remote App?
A: First, check if your television is using infrared remote. If it is not, then you can't use the app on your television. If yes, then please select the correct brand of your television. While testing each sources, you can try tap several times on each source to confirm if it works. Please make sure you aim your phone directly toward your television. Some television has slow response, so give it some time while testing on the buttons.

Q: Does Mi Remote App needs constant Internet connection to be used?
A: Internet connection only required when we want to pair a new device. After the device is saved, we can use this app in offline mode.

Q: Do I need to sign in Mi Account to use Mi Remote App?
A: We do not need to sign in Mi Account to use Mi Remote App, it is totally hassle free.

Q: Why my phone keep searching for Wi-Fi device?
A: Most probably that your phone does not have IR Blaster. Yet Mi Remote App support Wi-Fi control over Mi Box, Mi TV and other Android Smart Box or Smart TV.

Q: Why I can't use it on Mi TV 3?
A: Mi TV 3 does not have infrared remote control. But you can connect the same WiFi connection as Mi TV 3, and when you switch on Mi TV 3, Mi Remote App will automatically detect and connect to Mi TV 3.

Q: Can we use Mi Remote App to control lamp?
A: Most of the lamp does not have Infrared Remote Control, and Mi Remote App does not support this appliance yet.

Verdict

Mi Remote App brings a lot of convenience to our life if we have a lot of appliances which utilized IR Remote Control. However, this app could mean nothing and useless to those who do not have any IR controlled households. So it depends on the need of users to judge if this app is useful. The good thing is this app is not a system app, hence we can delete it if we do not use Mi Remote app.

Feel free to comment or give suggestion regarding to Mi Remote App

Related Threads:
[MIUI Device Classroom] Lesson 17: The IR Blaster

Previous Series:
[MIUI with Marcus] V1.0: Introducing the MIUI Native Screen Recorder!
Favorite41 Share

Rated by 58 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

choukawaii + 6 Great!
Aedor + 1 Awesome!
sHiErShAo + 5 Great!
SVPDP + 1 Great!
paulpgk + 1 Thanks!
Banzay80 + 1 Great!
nikmpamias + 1 Great!
SpideyMan + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
benya + 1 Thanks!
jay_zainal + 1 Great!
so-ra + 10 + 3 Awesome!
VAZ21093 + 1 <font><font>Большой!</fon
Anas.ShaIkh11 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
ansgarmi + 1 Sweet!
ariloc + 1 Great!
Rylai123 + 10 + 1 Awesome!
lucard + 1 Thanks!
Smietana + 4 Fantastic!
buddhisttt + 1 Thanks!
zorin_oskol@mai + 1 Thanks!
Presnomeno + 2 Awesome!
slimozis + 1 Thanks!
sanjeeb.shaw + 1 Great!
106007217 + 1 Thanks!
CLAYTON_WWC + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
crazy_cactus + 2 Thanks!

Experience +257  Prestige +54  View Rating Log

Click [Reply] Below To Notify Me

MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
428 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi Selfie StickMi HeadphonesMi HomeMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power StripXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7Fantastic!MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Fan from India1500K Forum MembersDiwali 500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 6th AnniversaryMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Poland1 Million Forum App Installs2100K Forum Members1800K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppOlympics MedalMIUI 300 WeeksHappy Holi MedalSuper FridayMIUI 2017Super SundaySuper TuesdaySuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Font Lover10 Million Forum PostsI Love 20163 Million Forum MembersSuper SaturdaySuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalRingolicious MedalRocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017Surge S1MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI News TeamAndroid GuruAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalRingtone Star Scroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeStar MIUI News Team MemberStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentInbox ZeroDebate MasterTechnology GuruApp TalentMIUI FollowerMi Story Teller

11:12, Mar-21-2017
|
Thanks for sharing,, wonderful app

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4
MIUI Version
Online time
841 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 8Fantastic!Mi Max Mi TVMi 5Mi 4cRedmi Note 2Redmi 3Redmi 2Mi 3MIUI 300 WeeksMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving DayOlympics Medal5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan of MIUI MyanmarMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaUEFA EURO Medal1300K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaRooster Year of 2017Rocket to Future3 Million Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondaySuper ThursdaySurge S1I Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper FridayMIUI Weekly Poll10 Million Forum PostsDiwali Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersHappy Holi MedalMIUI Fan From Indonesia5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI World Tour1900K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopInbox ZeroDebate MasterMi TalentAndroid GuruUpdates LoverAndroid ElfMIUI Honorary ModeratorMIUI FollowerRingtone TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruMr. DependableStar Of IconsApp StarApp TalentMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeApp TalentOTA FeedbackRingtone Star Die-hard MIUI FanMi Story TellerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMi Bunny Game Master

11:04, Mar-21-2017
|

Reply Awards +5

awesome thanks for sharing

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI 8Redmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI Fan From NepalSuper FridayPuzzle MasterSurge S1MIUI 2017MIUI Happy MedalYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMi Lover Medal

11:06, Mar-21-2017
|

Reply Awards +5

Good info

Elite Member

Proud To Be தமிழன் !

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
629 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi HeadphonesMagic CubeMi HomeMi WiFiMi  BunnyMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi VR HeadsetMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi BandMi WiFi Router MiniMijia Electric ScooterYeelight Bedside LampMijia Mi Bunny RobotXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!AnTuTuFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 8Redmi Note 4Redmi Note 3Redmi 4/Prime/4AMi TVMi 4cI Love 20161400K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy New YearDiwali Pokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan from IndiaUEFA EURO Medal1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMIUI 6th Anniversary1700K Forum MembersMIUI World TourSuper WednesdayRooster Year of 2017Women's Day MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI Happy MedalSurge S1Happy Holi Medal10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper ThursdayPuzzle MasterMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI Poland300K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverSuper Monday90000 Forum MembersRocket to FutureSuper SundaySuper TuesdayGamer Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruRingtone Star Forum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMi TalentMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

11:08, Mar-21-2017
|

Reply Awards +5

Its working perfectly, i dont have any suggestion, Thanks for share
There is Nothing Stronger Than The Heart of a Volunteer.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
19 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!Redmi Note 2Surge S1MIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI IndiaRocket to FutureSuper SundaySuper TuesdayMIUI 2017MIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnyForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfScroll Of Wisdom

11:08, Mar-21-2017
|
I have been using it. It's a good app
Thanks

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
139 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraMagic CubeMi HomeMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi HeadphonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8AnTuTuMarshmallowI Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi 5MIUI Drawing TalentHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Thanksgiving Day5 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 300 WeeksHappy Valentine's DayMalaysia Anniversary1700K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMerry ChristmasMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SaturdaySuper Thursday10 Million Forum PostsSuper TuesdayPuzzle Master3 Million Forum MembersSurge S1Super WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Font LoverSingapore Merlion MedalSuper SundayMIUI Forum AppMIUI World TourSuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI Happy MedalSuper FridayGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMi TalentDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorInbox Zero

11:09, Mar-21-2017
|

Reply Awards +5

great,thanks for sharing

Dream. Explore. Shine. Roar.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
803 Hours
Send PM

Mi Water PurifierMi Power StripMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotYi Action CameraMi WiFiMi Yi CameraMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi Air PurifierMijia Electric ScooterMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicI Love MIUIMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!AnTuTuRedmi ProRedmi Note 4Mi 5Redmi Note 3Redmi 3SMi Max Happy Holi Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureSuper ThursdaySingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Happy Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper SaturdayFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy DiwaliRingolicious MedalDiwali MIUI World TourSuper SundayFan Of MIUI Italy3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Poland1800K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI India2100K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from Malaysia3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from TurkeyPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI BulgariaPuzzle MasterSurge S1Super TuesdaySuper FridaySuper MondayMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Monthly TalkWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI FranceRooster Year of 2017Mi Live Medal10 Million Forum Posts300K Forum MembersI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI RussiaMerry Christmas1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Thanksgiving DayHappy New YearSuper WednesdayI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star Die-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfMIUI ExpertApp TalentHumor MasterMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverMIUI KingMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroMi TalentApp StarApp TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Twitter Follower

|

Reply Awards +5

Thank you For sharing!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI 8Redmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI Fan From NepalSuper FridayPuzzle MasterSurge S1MIUI 2017MIUI Happy MedalYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMi Lover Medal

|
My mobile is a single remote to my DTH, TV and CD player, just because of this fantastic app.

Super moderator

因为小米,所以米粉

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
4407 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 8Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7Redmi Note 3Singapore Merlion MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper MondaySuper WednesdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaSuper ThursdaySurge S1Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Weekly PollSingapore Birthday1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016Rocket to FutureMIUI 2017Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI World TourMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI HalloweenMid-Autumn FestivalThanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Lucky Friday1st AnniversaryHappy Holi MedalSuper SundayPokemon Master MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI News TeamSuper ModeratorMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanStar MIUI News Team MemberScroll Of WisdomMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfMi TalentMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerDebate MasterHumor MasterUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid Guru

11:10, Mar-21-2017
|
195.14km, do you miss your York AC?

Comment

marcus_keong Yes I miss it so much! Next month will go back and turn it on!  11:24, Mar-21-2017
Click [Reply] Below To Notify Me

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list