MIUI App Review Team

#anintrovert

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
139 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMagic CubeMi MIXMijia Smart ShoesNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterMi Bluetooth HeadsetAnTuTuI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI Happy MedalSurge S1MIUI SMerry ChristmasSuper MondayMIUI Lucky Friday1st AnniversaryMIUI PSuper SundayRocket to FutureMi TalentMIUI 8th AnniversaryNougatHumor MasterDie-hard MIUI FanPOCO F17 Million Forum MembersTheme TalentSurpriseXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi Lover MedalRedmi Note 5/ProStar Wars9 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIer

[App Review] [MIUI App Review Team] JioTV - Stream Your Favorite Live Channels on the Go

[ Promote]
3427 85 |
23:43, Jan-20-2019 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Jt.png

JioTV

Introduction

Hello MIUIers, hope you all are enjoying your weekend. So, here I'm back with another app named " JioTV " which is quite popular here in India. It is one of the apps from the bundle provided by the Telecom service provider Reliance Industries Ltd. This service provider is well known here for many years.

Coming to the app, it is exclusive for " Jio users " which is a subdivision of the said Reliance telecom partner. The app is being developed and maintained by the same partner. But, exclusively for Jio user for free. Which means without any fee or subscription. Also, this service provider doesn't offer any in-app purchases for the people, who are using " Jio sim ". We can simply login with the sim itself, without account sign-ups using any mail ID.

The app itself uses the mobile number and the data provided by the same service provider to sign on to the app. So, let's begin the review and we shall discuss the features and other stuff.

Review:

20190119_IMG_0303.PNG     1.gif

There you go. The welcome screen with the monitor and playback symbol at the center and with welcome or hello message in different languages at the background. Even the app is limited to one country, it supports and streams multple language channels. On the right side, we can see that, the home screen of the app, exploring different live channels in HD, with its live schedule and live status of an ongoing program of different channels.

The main features of the app is neatly aligned at the bottom of the page with a bar. All the features are placed in different tabs, divided by different categories, such as Live TV, featured, sports, etc., This is the list view of all channels with a smart program guide. With this, we can come to know the different progrm timings, which are currently airing and the programs, which are going to air in the future too.

2.gif     3.gif

Earlier, we could see the list view of all the channels. When, we're at the TV tab with each and every detail about the channel. When, it comes to the thumbnail view, It'll look like in the left side screenshots, with a tag " HD " if the channel supports " HD ". All these channels are fully supported for the live stream for 24/7, without any subscriptions. We may scroll a bit down or to the bottom of the page to get the favorite channel viewed.

On the right side, we can simply select the favorite category of the channels. So that, we can go through the category to view our favorite channel. The app is offering different categories, such as Music, movies, kids, lifestyle, sports, news and much more. All we need to do is, a little bit scroll down to the down.

Mostly I prefer music channels over others. So, this categories option made easy to get all my favorite music channels at one place.

4.gif     20190119_IMG_0320.PNG

As I mentioned before. The app is offering more than 10 languages, which includes English and French. This is one of the coolest features. Using this, we can simply get all the channels of the favorite language in one place. On the other hand, we can see the favorite channel list. If we add any channel to the list by, tapping the heart symbol at the each channel. They will come to this list.

Currently my favorite channel list is empty. As I didn't add any. All these Favorite channels, categories and channels by languages are can be accessed from the top of the page. If we clearly observe the screenshot, at the right side. We can get all the HD channels at one place by tapping the " HD " icon. This is also a sort of category for HD channels.

5.gif     6.gif

In the same TV tab, we can search for a particular channel. We can get the immediate results of that particular channel. Interestingly, the search results also show the keyword used for the search. I.e. any program name, videos, news, etc., So, the search result not limited to a TV channel.

When it comes to " Featured " It shows the trending TV programs, newly aired, best movies, hot news and best tv shows of a particular channel. We can get more relevant content by clicking view all options.

7.gif     8.gif

We all know that, there is no one, on this planet who love sports. So, this for those sports lovers. Now, we don't need to miss any sports such as Cricket, etc., We can watch live sports, right from our mobile, on-the-go. Where ever you go, we can still watch the entire match, instead of those boring live cricket or other score updates. Here, in this sports tab we can watch all the popular sports channels and highlights of the previous matches.

Similarly, we can get all the popular news channels, which includes live news channels and international news channels too. If any business person or any person who invests in the stock maket, no need to worry about the updates. This tab also provides the special bulletins, exclusive updates from the different live channels and so on.

20190120_IMG_0348.PNG     9.gif

Finally, the profile. it contains the accout details such as name, mobile number, etc., Also, we can see the channels or the programs, we'd saved for watching later. I.e recent or the scheduled channels. I already mentioned about the favourites, those can be found here in this profile section only.

Like any other DTH services. This app is providing the coolest feature ever. I.e " Recording " we can record a program and save it for local device's storage and can be viewed later multiple times. Isn't this cool for a mobile app?? Yes it's abviously.

20190119_IMG_0341.PNG     10.gif

That's how the app looks exactly, when, we start watching a live channel. Don't know the reason, some of the channels not providing the description and the details about the previous channels too. And again, I don't know exactly or I didn't observe in recent days, that, the recently viewed channels section also not showing anything. Even, we watched.
11.gif
We've seen how a video playback screen looks in portrait mode and this is how a video playback screen, look in landscape mode The screen has full of the controls, such as, video forward and backward, next channel or previous channel, full screen on/off. As we all know, the live channels can't be fast forwarded. Also, we can see  the mute or unmute icon at the top right side of the screen. In full screen mode all these controls will be hidden.
12.gif
Other than the mentioned above, we can set the video quality of the channel. By default it's set to auto. So, it will start streaming based on the mobile data speed. Also, the video will be optimised automatically based on the data availability. For avoiding the accidental touches, we can simply lock the full screen mode, by using the lock icon at the top left side. The same can be viewed in the 3 images of the above GIF.

PRO'S and CON'S:

Pro's:

The best streaming app to watch all popular live TV channels

Lite app and available for free on the playstore

No subscriptions, hidden charges or in-app purchases

Once you login the app using sim card or the mobile data, the stream can be continued with WIFI too

Con's:

Some time the recently viewed channels and the description of the channels not displaying

Gradually they started removing most of the popular TV channels, yet we have some channels to enjoy for free

Conclusion :

I know most of the Jio users already started using this app, this is quite popular among us. If anyone, still not started using, just give a try.

Add.Information:

Jtv.PNG

Download:

JioTV_5.5.5.apk (10.11 MB, Downloads: 177)
Favorite4 Share

Rated by 10 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

slavin23 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
The_Rl_slimshdy + 5 Thanks!
chgbhat + 4 Great!
VikuBalupura + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
AadiSree + 5 Fantastic!
Elaine2046 + 10 + 6 Thanks!
Amit_Basu + 5 Great!
Yaswanth_T + 5 Fantastic!
BADHAN22 + 5 Fantastic!
santiawigati + 10 + 3 Fantastic!

Experience +69  Prestige +17  View Rating Log

Sharing is Caring

Credits
Device
Mi 8 SE
Online time
908 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi BandMi Yi CameraMi Power BankMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerNinety Degree LuggageMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi T-ShirtMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Selfie StickMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 7MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 6MIUI 8Mi 4iRedmi NoteRedmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi 2Mi 4cMi Note ProMi NoteXiaomi Mi 4MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's Day900K Forum MembersSingapore BirthdaySuper SaturdayXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsSuper Monday1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI India700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMalaysia AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil800K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI 2017I Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017Happy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World Tour1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliSuper WednesdaySurge S1300K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI Ukraine3500K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayRocket to FutureMIUI Font LoverSuper Tuesday1500K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPokemon Master MedalMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum AppUEFA EURO Medal1700K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014Ringtone Star App Review StarMi Lover MedalStar Of Icons2017 Annual AwardsQuick Survey6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Mr. DependableHeart to Heart13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2018Discuss HereIndonesia Independence DayXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Halloween 2017OreoMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroDebate MasterAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master Star Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerApp StarMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB Follower7 Million Forum MembersJuly 19 MyanmarScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverHumor MasterWallpaper Expert

10:54, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Wow! nice app to try. Thanks for share.
Awesomre review.

MIUI App Review Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
90 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterMi HomeMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi Power StripMi BandNinebot MiniMi Power BankUnlock MedalNinety Degree LuggageXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI Marathon MedalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From Indonesia1900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI SMIUI Forum AppDiwali Mid-Autumn FestivalSuper MondaySuper Saturday2 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India1800K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI Lucky FridaySuper Wednesday3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017MIUI Monthly Talk10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSuper SundayFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper FridaySuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalHappy New YearWomen's Day Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love 2016MIUI World TourThanksgiving DaySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyScroll Of WisdomMIUI 10Mi DropMi Story TellerForum Contest LoverMi TalentHeart to HeartPOCO F1Die-hard MIUI Fan13 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Weekend GiveawayMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Halloween 2018Discuss HereIndia Independence DayDebate MasterMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz9 Million Forum MembersStar WarsXiaomi 8th AnniversarySurprise6 Million Forum MembersUpdates Lover10 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI ExpertMIUI KingMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerAndroid Elf

11:47, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Great review

MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
258 Hours
Send PM

Ninety Degree LuggageAwesome!Merry ChristmasMIUI Happy MedalSuper MondayAlpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI FollowerOreoPOCO F113 Million Forum MembersHeart to HeartHumor MasterMIUI Halloween 2018SurpriseMIUI 106 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Drop

13:52, Jan-21-2019 | From Redmi Note 5
|
Awesome review

MIUI News Team

MIUIer

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
455 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniNinety Degree LuggageSuper MondayMIUI Lucky Friday1st AnniversaryMIUI World TourMerry ChristmasMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI SPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI IndiaHeart to HeartMi DropPOCO F1Xiaomi 8th Anniversary13 Million Forum MembersOreoMIUI FollowerHumor MasterDie-hard MIUI Fan10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryMaster Of TechnologyIndia Independence DayDiscuss HereMIUI 10Mi TalentScroll Of Wisdom

15:19, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Nice Review

MIUI App Review Team

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
855 Hours
Send PM

Mijia VR Play 2Magic CubeMijia Qi CycleMi HomeUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerNinebot MiniMi VRMi Band 2Mi BoxMi TV 70Mi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!4 Million Forum MembersRocket to Future100k Forum Members300K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Super WednesdaySuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper Sunday3500K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper MondayMIUI Forum AppPuzzle MasterMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Spain500K Forum MembersHappy New Year10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh5 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Weekly Devices QuizDiscuss HereMIUI Halloween 2018OreoAndroid GuruHeart to HeartQuick SurveyDie-hard MIUI FanSurpriseScroll Of WisdomMIUI 10Mi Lover MedalDual CameraXiaomi 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerUpdates Lover25 Million StrongIndia Independence DayRingtone ExpertMIUI Halloween 20172017 Annual AwardsMIUI G+ FollowerMost Active MIUIerMr. DependableStar Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterMIUI SuperstarOTA FeedbackMIUI KingPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfTheme TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Follower7 Million Forum Members

16:51, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Thanks for the great review

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
10:34, Jan-24-2019 | From Redmi Note 5A Prime
|
thanks

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraI Love MIUISuper SundayRocket to FutureMIUI SMIUI PMIUI Quick DiscussionOreoNougatMIUI 10App StarStar WarsMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalXiaomi 8th AnniversaryDebate Master8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

19:21, Jan-24-2019 | From Redmi Note 5A Prime
|
don't buy any Xiaomi products. I bought this phone 12 month ago. it was fine the first 8 months, only few bug reports needed to create and problems solved quite quickly. during last month I had to create tens or more bug reports from synchronization problems - I can't use my phone, I haven't any real contacts in my phone (should be 350). only Skype contacts are available, even them only temporally - after I found the new way how sync them to my phone. I cannot send messages or make a phone call from contacts, I have to remember the number or copy from Skype if these contacts are available.
I had to change all calendar items to Google account - items from Hotmail account changed invisible during last December.
don't buy any Xiaomi products!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtYi Action CameraNinebot MiniMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMi Kids WatchMijia 360° Panoramic CameraAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI IndiaSuper SundayMIUI SMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 9Rocket to Future2 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Happy MedalMIUI P10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper MondayHappy New Year5 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopDiscuss HereHumor MasterHeart to Heart13 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomMi DropDual CameraMIUI 106 Million Forum MembersSurpriseMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalBlack SharkMIUI Weekly Devices QuizOreoDie-hard MIUI Fan8 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Superstar9 Million Forum MembersStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterApp StarForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerStar Wars

19:22, Jan-24-2019 | From Redmi 4X
|
Thanks

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2S
Online time
101 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi HeadphonesMijia Walkie TalkieMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi MIXMi WiFi RouterMi ScaleMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mi T-ShirtMi HomeNinebot MiniUnlock MedalMijia Qi CycleMagic CubeMijia Story TellerMi BandMijia Smart ShoesMi Notebook AirYi Action CameraMi BoxNinety Degree LuggageMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Kids WatchMi TV 70Mi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIAnTuTuRedmi Note 4Rocket to FutureMIUI 2017MIUI 5th AnniversarySuper SaturdayWomen's Day MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 910 Million Forum Posts300K Forum Members5 Million Forum App Installs1st AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DaySuper SundayFan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017Happy New YearSurge S1Puzzle MasterHappy DiwaliMerry ChristmasMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI World TourMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky Friday2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI PMIUI SSuper MondayMIUI Forum AppMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI SuperstarBlack SharkPOCO F1Master Of TechnologySurpriseMIUI FB Follower13 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum MembersApp Star9 Million Forum MembersDiscuss Here25 Million StrongHumor MasterMIUI Halloween 2018Mi DropHeart to HeartDual CameraMIUI 10MIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfDebate MasterMIUI Halloween 2017Ringtone ExpertMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomOTA FeedbackMr. Dependable6 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI Fan7 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerTheme TalentMIUI G+ Follower5 Million Forum MembersTechnology GuruNougatStar WarsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizOreoQuick SurveyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI KingMi TalentAndroid Guru8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalIndia Independence DayMIUI Quick DiscussionForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

19:22, Jan-24-2019 | From Mi MIX 2S
|
Thanks for sharing

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list