MIUI App Review Team

#anintrovert

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
148 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMijia Smart ShoesMi MIXNinebot MiniMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi WiFi RouterMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!AnTuTuSuper MondayMIUI Happy Medal1st AnniversaryMIUI SSuper SundayMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1Rocket to FutureMerry ChristmasMIUI PDebate MasterMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI 8th AnniversaryPOCO F1Mi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterXiaomi 8th AnniversaryStar Of TechnologyTheme TalentMi Lover Medal7 Million Forum MembersNougat25 Million StrongForum Contest Lover9 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerStar WarsSurpriseRedmi Note 5/Pro

[App Review] [MIUI App Review Team] JioTV - Stream Your Favorite Live Channels on the Go

[ Promote]
3868 85 |
23:43, Jan-20-2019 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Jt.png

JioTV

Introduction

Hello MIUIers, hope you all are enjoying your weekend. So, here I'm back with another app named " JioTV " which is quite popular here in India. It is one of the apps from the bundle provided by the Telecom service provider Reliance Industries Ltd. This service provider is well known here for many years.

Coming to the app, it is exclusive for " Jio users " which is a subdivision of the said Reliance telecom partner. The app is being developed and maintained by the same partner. But, exclusively for Jio user for free. Which means without any fee or subscription. Also, this service provider doesn't offer any in-app purchases for the people, who are using " Jio sim ". We can simply login with the sim itself, without account sign-ups using any mail ID.

The app itself uses the mobile number and the data provided by the same service provider to sign on to the app. So, let's begin the review and we shall discuss the features and other stuff.

Review:

20190119_IMG_0303.PNG     1.gif

There you go. The welcome screen with the monitor and playback symbol at the center and with welcome or hello message in different languages at the background. Even the app is limited to one country, it supports and streams multple language channels. On the right side, we can see that, the home screen of the app, exploring different live channels in HD, with its live schedule and live status of an ongoing program of different channels.

The main features of the app is neatly aligned at the bottom of the page with a bar. All the features are placed in different tabs, divided by different categories, such as Live TV, featured, sports, etc., This is the list view of all channels with a smart program guide. With this, we can come to know the different progrm timings, which are currently airing and the programs, which are going to air in the future too.

2.gif     3.gif

Earlier, we could see the list view of all the channels. When, we're at the TV tab with each and every detail about the channel. When, it comes to the thumbnail view, It'll look like in the left side screenshots, with a tag " HD " if the channel supports " HD ". All these channels are fully supported for the live stream for 24/7, without any subscriptions. We may scroll a bit down or to the bottom of the page to get the favorite channel viewed.

On the right side, we can simply select the favorite category of the channels. So that, we can go through the category to view our favorite channel. The app is offering different categories, such as Music, movies, kids, lifestyle, sports, news and much more. All we need to do is, a little bit scroll down to the down.

Mostly I prefer music channels over others. So, this categories option made easy to get all my favorite music channels at one place.

4.gif     20190119_IMG_0320.PNG

As I mentioned before. The app is offering more than 10 languages, which includes English and French. This is one of the coolest features. Using this, we can simply get all the channels of the favorite language in one place. On the other hand, we can see the favorite channel list. If we add any channel to the list by, tapping the heart symbol at the each channel. They will come to this list.

Currently my favorite channel list is empty. As I didn't add any. All these Favorite channels, categories and channels by languages are can be accessed from the top of the page. If we clearly observe the screenshot, at the right side. We can get all the HD channels at one place by tapping the " HD " icon. This is also a sort of category for HD channels.

5.gif     6.gif

In the same TV tab, we can search for a particular channel. We can get the immediate results of that particular channel. Interestingly, the search results also show the keyword used for the search. I.e. any program name, videos, news, etc., So, the search result not limited to a TV channel.

When it comes to " Featured " It shows the trending TV programs, newly aired, best movies, hot news and best tv shows of a particular channel. We can get more relevant content by clicking view all options.

7.gif     8.gif

We all know that, there is no one, on this planet who love sports. So, this for those sports lovers. Now, we don't need to miss any sports such as Cricket, etc., We can watch live sports, right from our mobile, on-the-go. Where ever you go, we can still watch the entire match, instead of those boring live cricket or other score updates. Here, in this sports tab we can watch all the popular sports channels and highlights of the previous matches.

Similarly, we can get all the popular news channels, which includes live news channels and international news channels too. If any business person or any person who invests in the stock maket, no need to worry about the updates. This tab also provides the special bulletins, exclusive updates from the different live channels and so on.

20190120_IMG_0348.PNG     9.gif

Finally, the profile. it contains the accout details such as name, mobile number, etc., Also, we can see the channels or the programs, we'd saved for watching later. I.e recent or the scheduled channels. I already mentioned about the favourites, those can be found here in this profile section only.

Like any other DTH services. This app is providing the coolest feature ever. I.e " Recording " we can record a program and save it for local device's storage and can be viewed later multiple times. Isn't this cool for a mobile app?? Yes it's abviously.

20190119_IMG_0341.PNG     10.gif

That's how the app looks exactly, when, we start watching a live channel. Don't know the reason, some of the channels not providing the description and the details about the previous channels too. And again, I don't know exactly or I didn't observe in recent days, that, the recently viewed channels section also not showing anything. Even, we watched.
11.gif
We've seen how a video playback screen looks in portrait mode and this is how a video playback screen, look in landscape mode The screen has full of the controls, such as, video forward and backward, next channel or previous channel, full screen on/off. As we all know, the live channels can't be fast forwarded. Also, we can see  the mute or unmute icon at the top right side of the screen. In full screen mode all these controls will be hidden.
12.gif
Other than the mentioned above, we can set the video quality of the channel. By default it's set to auto. So, it will start streaming based on the mobile data speed. Also, the video will be optimised automatically based on the data availability. For avoiding the accidental touches, we can simply lock the full screen mode, by using the lock icon at the top left side. The same can be viewed in the 3 images of the above GIF.

PRO'S and CON'S:

Pro's:

The best streaming app to watch all popular live TV channels

Lite app and available for free on the playstore

No subscriptions, hidden charges or in-app purchases

Once you login the app using sim card or the mobile data, the stream can be continued with WIFI too

Con's:

Some time the recently viewed channels and the description of the channels not displaying

Gradually they started removing most of the popular TV channels, yet we have some channels to enjoy for free

Conclusion :

I know most of the Jio users already started using this app, this is quite popular among us. If anyone, still not started using, just give a try.

Add.Information:

Jtv.PNG

Download:

JioTV_5.5.5.apk (10.11 MB, Downloads: 189)
Favorite4 Share

Rated by 10 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

slavin23 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
The_Rl_slimshdy + 5 Thanks!
chgbhat + 4 Great!
VikuBalupura + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
AadiSree + 5 Fantastic!
Elaine2046 + 10 + 6 Thanks!
Amit_Basu + 5 Great!
Yaswanth_T + 5 Fantastic!
BADHAN22 + 5 Fantastic!
santiawigati + 10 + 3 Fantastic!

Experience +69  Prestige +17  View Rating Log

Sharing is Caring

Credits
Device
Mi 8 SE
Online time
917 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi BandMi Yi CameraMi Power BankMi HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerNinety Degree LuggageMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi T-ShirtMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Selfie StickMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 7MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 6MIUI 8Mi 4iRedmi NoteRedmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi 2Mi 4cMi Note ProMi NoteXiaomi Mi 4MIUI Happy Medal900K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DaySingapore BirthdaySuper SaturdayXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsSuper Monday1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI India700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMalaysia AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World Tour90000 Forum Members2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy Diwali1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI Bangladesh300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Super TuesdaySurge S1Super ThursdayRocket to FutureSuper Wednesday3500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI UkraineHappy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI Forum App1800K Forum MembersMi Live MedalPokemon Master MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 9MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMid-Autumn FestivalOlympics Medal1700K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 6th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopHappy 2019MIUI Tech SurveyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz13 Million Forum MembersHeart to Heart6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Mr. DependableDiscuss HereQuick SurveyMIUI 8th AnniversaryXiaomi 8th AnniversaryIndonesia Independence DayOreoTheme TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Halloween 20172017 Annual AwardsMost Active MIUIerMIUI Halloween 2018Forum Contest Lover7 Million Forum MembersJuly 19 MyanmarYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomWallpaper ExpertStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalApp Review StarRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Twitter FollowerMi TalentTechnology GuruHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruApp StarAndroid ElfInbox ZeroMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterMIUI G+ Follower

10:54, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Wow! nice app to try. Thanks for share.
Awesomre review.

MIUI App Review Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
90 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMijia Smart ShoesMi BandMi HomeMi Power StripMi Power BankMi T-ShirtNinety Degree LuggageUnlock MedalNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestSuper Wednesday1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Happy MedalDiwali Happy Valentine's Day1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper ThursdayHappy DiwaliSuper FridayFan Of MIUI Russia2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper MondayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI SMIUI Marathon MedalSuper SaturdayPuzzle MasterSuper SundayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World Tour10 Million Forum PostsMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy New YearMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly Talk3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 2017I Love 2016Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Weekend GiveawayMi TalentDiscuss HereMi Lover MedalMIUI 10Updates LoverMi DropAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyPOCO F1Heart to HeartMIUI Halloween 2018MIUI Halloween 20172017 Annual Awards9 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerMIUI ExpertMIUI King6 Million Forum Members25 Million StrongStar WarsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseXiaomi 8th AnniversaryForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfIndia Independence DayMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerScroll Of Wisdom10 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterMIUI 8th Anniversary

11:47, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Great review

MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
341 Hours
Send PM

Ninety Degree LuggageAwesome!MIUI Happy MedalMerry ChristmasSuper MondayAlpaca Mi Bunny SurpriseMIUI Halloween 2018MIUI Weekly Devices Quiz13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyHappy 2019MIUI Medals CollectorOreoMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI Fan6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Humor MasterMIUI Halloween 2017Mi DropHeart to HeartPOCO F1

13:52, Jan-21-2019 | From Redmi Note 5
|
Awesome review

MIUI News Team

MIUIer

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
531 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniNinety Degree LuggageSuper MondayMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's Day1st AnniversaryMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI World TourMIUI Happy MedalMerry ChristmasMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaPuzzle MasterMIUI SHappy 2019MIUI Tech Survey13 Million Forum MembersOreoMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanPOCO F1Mi DropHeart to HeartScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterIndia Independence DayMi TalentXiaomi 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI 10Discuss HereMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz6 Million Forum Members

15:19, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Nice Review

MIUI App Review Team

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
857 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMijia Qi CycleNinebot MiniMi Band 2Magic CubeUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia VR Play 2Mijia Story TellerMi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi TV 70Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi BoxXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices Contest4 Million Forum Members100k Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMid-Autumn FestivalPuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsHilal Ramadan 90000 Forum MembersSuper MondayRocket to Future300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI 20173500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper SundayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdayMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMIUI 9Summer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI G+ FollowerMost Active MIUIer2017 Annual AwardsMr. DependableHappy 2019MIUI Weekly Devices QuizDual CameraMIUI 10Discuss HereHeart to HeartXiaomi 8th AnniversaryScroll Of WisdomMIUI Halloween 2018Quick SurveySurpriseOreoRingtone ExpertTechnology GuruAndroid ElfDebate MasterMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat7 Million Forum MembersTheme TalentForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum India Independence DayMIUI SuperstarOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMIUI KingMi Story Teller25 Million StrongUpdates Lover

16:51, Jan-21-2019 | From PC
|
Thanks for the great review

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
10:34, Jan-24-2019 | From Redmi Note 5A Prime
|
thanks

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraI Love MIUIRocket to FutureMIUI SSuper SundayMIUI PMi Lover MedalNougatMIUI 10OreoMIUI Quick DiscussionApp Star8 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterXiaomi 8th AnniversaryStar WarsMi Story TellerMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

19:21, Jan-24-2019 | From Redmi Note 5A Prime
|
don't buy any Xiaomi products. I bought this phone 12 month ago. it was fine the first 8 months, only few bug reports needed to create and problems solved quite quickly. during last month I had to create tens or more bug reports from synchronization problems - I can't use my phone, I haven't any real contacts in my phone (should be 350). only Skype contacts are available, even them only temporally - after I found the new way how sync them to my phone. I cannot send messages or make a phone call from contacts, I have to remember the number or copy from Skype if these contacts are available.
I had to change all calendar items to Google account - items from Hotmail account changed invisible during last December.
don't buy any Xiaomi products!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankYi Action CameraMi  BunnyNinebot MiniMijia 360° Panoramic CameraUnlock MedalMi Kids WatchAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFan Of MIUI India2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundayMerry ChristmasMIUI Weekly PollSuper MondayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI SMIUI Fan from Turkey10 Million Forum Posts5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI PMiPopDiscuss HereDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomMi DropDual CameraMIUI 10MIUI FB FollowerHumor MasterHappy 2019MIUI Tech Survey13 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterHeart to Heart9 Million Forum MembersBlack SharkOreoForum Contest LoverMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfSurpriseMIUI SuperstarStar WarsXiaomi 8th Anniversary8 Million Forum MembersApp Star6 Million Forum Members

19:22, Jan-24-2019 | From Redmi 4X
|
Thanks

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2S
Online time
107 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Band 2Magic CubeMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Notebook AirMijia Smart ShoesMi ScaleMijia Qi CycleYi Action CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi T-ShirtMi Power BankMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi HomeNinebot MiniMi WiFi RouterMi MIXMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi TV 70Mi BoxMi Kids WatchMi BandNinety Degree LuggageXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuFlashholicI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi Note 4Happy Singles' DayMIUI 2017MIUI SMIUI 7th AnniversaryRocket to Future300K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th Anniversary2 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI PFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World Tour1st AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SaturdayWomen's Day MedalRooster Year of 2017MIUI 50 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliPuzzle MasterMerry ChristmasSuper MondayMIUI Forum AppSuper SundayXiaomi 6th AnniversarySurge S1MIUI Fan From Indonesia10 Million Forum PostsHappy New YearMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny App StarBlack Shark9 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMaster Of TechnologyHeart to HeartMIUI Halloween 2018POCO F113 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyHappy 2019Humor MasterDiscuss HereMIUI 8th Anniversary10 Million Forum MembersSurpriseDual CameraMi DropMIUI 1025 Million StrongPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone ExpertAndroid ElfDebate MasterMi Story TellerScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyMIUI Halloween 2017OTA Feedback6 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI Fan7 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMr. DependableTheme TalentMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerOreoIndia Independence DayStar WarsQuick SurveyMi Talent5 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI KingMIUI Weekly Devices QuizNougat8 Million Forum MembersForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Quick DiscussionMost Active MIUIer

19:22, Jan-24-2019 | From Mi MIX 2S
|
Thanks for sharing

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list