Happy to help :-)

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
466 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalSuper MondayMerry ChristmasMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI Medals CollectorHappy 2019MIUI Weekly Devices QuizDebate MasterPOCO F113 Million Forum MembersDiscuss HereHumor Master

[Chat] MIUI 10 v10.2.2.0 - How hot is it? 🔥🔥🔥

[ Promote]
37540 395 |
20:42, Jan-18-2019 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by happybuddhist at 10:00, Feb-20-2019

🔶 Note :
This is Part One in the series of the two threads for the stable updates focused on major issues regarding this device. The response to this thread was overwhelming and kudos to all those who voted and commented their feedback. This thread will be continued with the upcoming stable releases, and hence the discussions will continue over the next release in a new thread (a link for that will be attached to this space).

Dear POCO F1 users,

Finally!! The much awaited update is here. How does it cope up for you? Mind that this is one of the few updates that is supposed to be fixing the most reported bugs and adding the most requested features. So if you do not see something specific, please be patient. New updates are coming as per the official tweet by the POCO team.

I opened this thread only because there are multiple repeated threads on the forum with no help to others. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING UPDATE SCREENSHOTS ON THE FORUM. It just makes it hard for everyone to find other useful threads and also makes it even more difficult for us Moderators to manage the forum. Please keep all your update discussions within this thread only.

That being said, make the best use of this thread to have a good constructive conversation on the update and also the upcoming updates.
• Any type of ranting, hate speech, trolling, whining and anything that's normally against the forum rules will not be tolerated and action will be taken according to the forum rules.
• You are allowed to speak up negative points about the update, but keep it in such a way that it would be helpful for the devs to have an idea about it.
For bugs, use the feedback section to report it. You can also share it here with the link so that users can help you and confirm it.
• Be friendly and convey both of your positive and negative feedbacks here in a good manner. It could be written as Pros, Cons and how much you would recommend others to update to this version.

Note : For battery life, don't be so keen to comment as soon as you make the update. Every update needs time to settle down, so take a day/battery cycle before you conclude your thoughts on that.

So, how is the new update for you? Would you recommend it to other users? 🗳️ Cast your vote below and 📝 comment your review.

Single-option Poll, 1637 members voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite14 Share

Rated by 7 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

gregadjah + 5 n e a t
ab3e + 1 Thanks!
aong_aomg + 2 Great!
nilakash87 + 2 Fantastic!
AMIT143 + 2 Agreed!
vinumsv + 2 Great!
Muz_paray + 10 + 5 Thanks!

Experience +24  Prestige +5  View Rating Log

Happy to help :-)

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
466 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalSuper MondayMerry ChristmasMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI Medals CollectorHappy 2019MIUI Weekly Devices QuizDebate MasterPOCO F113 Million Forum MembersDiscuss HereHumor Master

Author| 11:27, Jan-20-2019 | From POCO F1
|
This post was edited by happybuddhist at 23:51, Feb-11-2019

Finally, my own short term review on 10.2.2.0 - I would edit this as I find new things.
🆕 Update : Now added battery review (2nd cycle) - Read below.

🔴 What's new :
• 960 fps slow mo and Night mode - not the best implementation out there, but it's a nice addition. Hopefully future iterations would give better results.
• Adaptive battery.
• Quick shortcuts in recents panel.
• Security patches (Duh! Of course).

👍 Pros :
• UI is snappier - never had touch issues in the first place, and I'm glad this update didn't break it.
• Battery life seems favourably better than 10.1.3.0, but I wouldn't comment on it until I run a few cycles - the ROM needs to settle down. Adaptive battery needs some time to learn my usage patterns.
🔹Update : Battery life is AWESOME! 🤠👍 Read below on battery life.
• The above mentioned camera enhancements - still a work in progress IMO, but glad the devs are listening to users.
• Quick shortcuts in recents panel is a good addition.
• Ability to turn off notification shade in lockscreen.
• Battery percentage while charging - just the little things. 😉
• Themes can now customize navigation buttons again - full customization gets a thumbs up.
• And finally full GCam support - not that it matters to me, but it's a feature that most users were looking forward to. Night Sight is so awesome. Kudos to devs for updating the lib files.

👎 Cons :
• Still no proper notifications. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I regret updating to this as the notification mod is not yet upgraded to this version - hopefully soon.
• Quick shortcuts in recents panel could have used some customization. It's pretty useful, but the Search apps function could have asked for user choice - PlayStore vs Mi App store.
• No January security patches - okay, I'm nitpicking 🙄.

🔋 Battery review :
Battery drain was one of the issues that affected many users after the Pie update. I am not quite sure if this update fixes it, but it sure looks like it - and the battery life is AWESOME. 🤠👍 Usually, I would wait for a few battery cycles to run before reviewing the battery life, but this time, I'm pretty much happy with the first few cycles. The addition of Adaptive Battery is clearly seen in the battery life and it pushes the bar even higher.

My usage hasn't changed pretty much since my last battery review thread (Read here : http://en.miui.com/thread-4925856-1-1.html), except for WiFi and Bluetooth scanning being turned off and with an hour of video calls to my family living abroad as it was a weekend. The battery cycle started at around 95% and by the time I plugged in my charger it was already 3% with 17+ hours of usage and more than 14 hours of SOT - now that's a solid battery life. 😎 I am sure that as Adaptive Battery learns my usage pattern and I run a full cycle, I can easily raise the bar to 15 hour mark or possibly even higher.
Screenshot_2019-01-21-00-36-30-224_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Screenshot_2019-01-21-00-36-33-885_com.miui.securitycenter.png

💠 Verdict :
This is not a major upgrade, but a welcome step in the right direction. It's still flawed, but this gives me hope that the devs could do what's right. As said in the OP, this is one of the few updates that are promised to fix bugs and add new features, so I'll wait for the next updates before concluding this.

The camera enhancements are more or less a gimmick, POCO doesn't have proper hardware to support 960fps, but devs have done their best to achieve it from the software side. The lack of proper notifications are a shame, and I look forward to see some changes as discussed here in the forums. Most users have mixed reviews on animations, but I personally don't use gestures (it's still in infancy IMO) and my animations are kept to minimum values in developer settings - makes the device feel snappier too. Also, I don't play games, especially PUBG, so I don't care if it's working or not. 🙄

So, should you update? I would say YES, but don't set your expectations high. If you are someone who hated the Pie update, I guess this update should enhance your general usability - and I don't mean huge benchmark scores or PUBG chicken dinner - the general UI seems smoother and battery seems better. This is one of the promised updates that should fix the bugs and enhance the usability of the device, so keep that in mind. Also, the addition of Adaptive Battery means that battery drains are not an issue anymore. Overall, I feel that there is so much more room for improvement. That being said, I would still recommend it for the better usability than the last update.

Cheers! 🙂

Rated by 2 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

abhijitdevnath + 10 + 4 Great!
nilakash87 + 2 Thanks!

Experience +12  Prestige +4  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
26 Hours
Send PM

POCO F1

21:25, Jan-18-2019 | Via mobile
|
This post was edited by Focus-TM at 20:30, Jan-22-2019

Received the update today, here's my thoughts on how I see it.
Pros.
- 960 fps slow motion vedio clarity is very good, amazingly executed for software solution.
- Night mode actually is good.
- Adaptive battery feature added.
- My battery drain has significantly decreased when using camera app now it drains like half of battery juice before the update.
- GCAM support, the best thing of this update. Now it works with respectable level of smoothness.

Cons.
- 10 second vedio 7 second slow motion is actually a joke, it's usefulness is absolutely 0%. Might have been better if they did 480fps with usable time frame. Many won't even miss this feature if they removed it in next version because it's totally useless.
- Security issue in lockscreen.

Overall.

Satisfied of the update, overall has more pros over cons, GCAM support will make users who love photography very happy. though no idea why dev's add this version of slow-mo to fool whom ? But impressed of the execution of it, vedios produced are amazing but length of vedio feels like a dirty prank!

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

happybuddhist + 2 Thanks!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Rocket to FuturePOCO F1

21:39, Jan-18-2019 | From POCO F1
|
gcam latest version is working fine now without any lag

Credits
Device
Online time
34 Hours
Send PM
21:41, Jan-18-2019 | From PC
|
Installed it. Seem really stable.

I didn't test the face unlock because I don't need it, but it's possible to activate it in parameters.

I also installed the Gcam apk and it works great.

Notifications in the status bar : still bad. They just stay few seconds....

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
124 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMerry ChristmasPOCO F1

21:44, Jan-18-2019 | Via mobile
|
Camera save to SD card still buggy. Taking video the screen strucked..

Gold Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
99 Hours
Send PM
21:46, Jan-18-2019 | From PC
|
link???

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
21:51, Jan-18-2019 | From POCO F1
|
1. missed battery precentage when charging
2. 960fps it's bad to be honest. maybe i dont want to use it anymore.
3. i like the shortcut cleaner on recent app page.
4. download notif keep blinking if i open the app like twitter, miui forum, kaskus. but if you open swipe down to see what download, u see nothing happen in there.

happybuddhist + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
21:59, Jan-18-2019 | From POCO F1
|
the gcam fix is welcome but they forgot to add the animation when minimizing apps, feels weird as it meant to be stable release.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1802 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtNinebot MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi WiFi Router MiniMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyUnlock MedalMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi HomeMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuFlashholicMIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI 8Mi 4iMi 4cRedmi 3Mi Note ProRedmi Note 3Redmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Redmi 1SRedmi Note 2Redmi NoteMi NoteMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Italy700K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From Philippines300K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI Russia500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 9Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from Turkey600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaRocket to FutureMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI Fan From Nepal10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum App1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Merry Christmas2100K Forum Members900K Forum Members1st Anniversary800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India1500K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Happy MedalHappy Singles' DayGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta team - IndiaHappy 2019MIUI KingBlack SharkMIUI 8th Anniversary13 Million Forum MembersMaster Of Technology6 Million Forum MembersDual CameraOreoMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Superstar9 Million Forum MembersPOCO F1MIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master Redmi Note 3 ExplorerAndroid GuruNougatMi Lover MedalInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruHumor MasterMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfForum Contest Lover8 Million Forum MembersStar WarsDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI G+ Follower

21:59, Jan-18-2019 | From PC
|
Hide Notch option should have been included in this update...
Fixing that... What was already working earlier in the past should NOT take so much time...

ghanshyamshinde + 4 Support

Experience +4  View Rating Log

Respect comes from Knowledge...Period

Supreme Member

HAPPY TO HELP ANYTHINGS!

Credits
Device
Redmi 6/6A/Pro
Online time
1212 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMi  BunnyMi HomeMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi HeadphonesMi ScaleYi Action CameraMijia Smart PTZ CameraUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi VRMijia VR Play 2Mi MIXXiaomi 6 LaunchNinebot MiniMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Notebook AirMijia Qi CycleMi Power BankMi BoxMi TV 70Mijia Smart ShoesMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinety Degree LuggageMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8Fantastic!AnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallow4 Million Forum MembersMi TVRedmi Note 4XMi Note 2Mi 4iMIUI World TourRooster Year of 2017Super MondayMIUI Marathon Medal300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Forum AppMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Ukraine3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Xiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper FridaySuper SaturdayMIUI Happy Medal1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyWomen's Day Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverSuper SundaySuper Thursday10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From Indonesia2 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Weekly PollHappy Singles' DaySuper WednesdayMIUI PMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI SFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 9500K Forum MembersSurge S1MIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy DiwaliMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy New YearMerry Christmas100k Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Ringolicious Medal90000 Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewMIUI Tech SurveyMIUI Twitter Follower9 Million Forum MembersApp StarMIUI G+ FollowerRedmi 5/PlusXiaomi 8th AnniversaryHappy 20195 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB Follower13 Million Forum MembersSurprisePOCO F1Mi 8MIUI Halloween 2018MIUI 8th AnniversaryMr. Dependable10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekend GiveawayRedmi S2Humor MasterDual Camera2017 Annual AwardsHeart to Heart7 Million Forum MembersDiscuss HereMIUI 10Mi Drop6 Million Forum MembersOreoAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi TalentMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyMi A1MIUI SuperstarMost Popular Forum UserTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMIUI KingMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterStar WarsNougatMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz8 Million Forum MembersRingtone ExpertMIUI Halloween 2017Quick SurveyYouth PledgeBlack SharkMIUI Quick DiscussionRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatIndia Independence Day25 Million StrongForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master

22:13, Jan-18-2019 | From PC
|
✔️ The update is great!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list