In 19th January 2017, Xiaomi announced Redmi Note 4 in India. Redmi Note 4 powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (MSM8953) processor clocked at 2GHz with an integrated Adreno 506 GPU. Xiaomi is selling three variants of this model in India: 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage; 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage; and 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. Finally got Matte black color variant, perfect grip and premium look.
Today I want to share Redmi Note 4(SD) 64GB+4GB Black Variant unboxing and overview pictures.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, first in its class with 14nm FinFET architecture for best-in-class, unprecedented thermal performance and unbeatable power efficiency- The New King of Battery: 4100 mAh high-density battery yields 25% longer battery life than Redmi Note 3 (even though the battery is only 1% bigger)
- Premium metal body with elegant anodized high-gloss aluminum separation lines; beautifully symmetric design
- Incredibly slim and sleek, measuring 5mm at its thinnest point and designed for a comfortable hand feel with its tapered edges and 2.5D curved glass
- 5.5 inch Full HD display
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 13MP CMOS rear camera with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, BSI (1.12 micron pixels); 5MP, f/2.0 aperture front camera
- Dual SIM, dual standby (nano and micro SIM)
- LTE (full compatibility with India’s LTE networks) and VoLTE, including Band 5 for indoor calling
- Up to 128GB microSD expandable storage via 3-choose-2 SIM tray
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- IR remote that supports appliances from thousands of brands in India
- MIUI 8 and a special preview of Android 7.0 Nougat
Design and Display:
The pure metal body has slightly tapered edges for better grip. The 2.5D glasses have round edges in the front. This entire thing is within dimensions of 151x76x8.3 mm only and weighs 165 grams. You can barely feel anything when you hold it.
The fingerprint sensor is at the back of the phone right below the LED flash point. Although it has a 5.5-inch screen, it doesn’t feel magnanimous while carrying because of the slim fit grip.
Hardware and Performance:
Redmi Note 4 Powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset and 8 Cortex A53 cores. This brings us to the performance factor. 4GB RAM variant gives the smoothest running experience. Especially while playing games, the phone tends to stay cool for the longest time and does not get heated up quickly.
It is good for media playback, and it supports high-resolution videos as well – thanks to the IPS display. The phone will immediately upgrade to Android 7.0 Noughat upon its release. All of this is backed by MIUI 8 and makes it easier for users to browse through apps.
Redmi Note 4 comes with the MIUI 8, Google Services pre-installed and OTA support. Even after installing quite a lot of apps, the phone runs smoothly and I’ve yet to see the Android 6.0-based MIUI 8.
That is even more impressive given a formidable feature set and plenty of customization options. Just to name a few, you can change the looks by using one of the largest theme stores on any phone.
The rear camera with its 13-megapixel shooting allows full-HD recording. The macro shots taken appear to be good. Overall the camera isn’t superb, but it works great in both low and high lighting setting. The front camera is 5MP and supports 720p video recording.
Resolution - 4160 x 3120, 72dpi, f/2, ISO-100 without flash outdoor pictures. Here are some random captured pictures.
Resolution - 4160 x 3120, 72dpi, f/2, ISO-125 with flash outdoor pictures. Here are some random captured pictures.
Redmi Note 4 has a battery capacity of 4100 mAh which is neither large nor too less. Almost all new smartphones of this range are coming with the same battery capacity.
The battery will go for about a day and a half with one single charging for the regular day to day usage. It includes the usual data connection usage. For a battery of this capacity, this one works pretty well.
Now Redmi Note(SD) Black Version is Mi MIX's brother .
to view this thread.
Good build quality
Excellent battery performance
Good screen and all-round performance
Improved camera feature
Best and budget phone
First black version introduced.
No fast charging
Hybrid SIM slot
No Nougat, only Marshmallow(In box)(Under testing Android N)
There is no doubt that Redmi Note 4 is going to give tough competition to others in its price range. Overall we can see that this phone has its heart in the right place – the performance is razor sharp. With a modest camera and a workable battery, we would say this is one of the best budget phones that hit the market.