[Q & A] [HELP] Mi Note Pro won't start, in reboot loop

[ Promote]
597 16 |
19:27, Feb-28-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
hi guys,

My phone was slow so I decided to reboot because I didn't do it in over a month and phone went into reboot loop.

1. MI sympol shows up and phone triest to start
2. switches into this loading screen (loading bar at bottom shows up)
3. after that the android shows up in place of loading bar and tries to start I think and then it goes to point 1 to 3 again and again.

I have original ROM and MUI no custom stuff at all.

Please help. Is there anything I can do except of hard reset? (will hard reset help?)

Thanks
Favorite Share

Comment

drakonian If you can't do nothing, try to go in fastboot mode and make a clean flash through Mi Flash. How you can make an hard reset if it's in bootloop?  20:20, Feb-28-2017

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
20:39, Feb-28-2017 | From Mi Note
|
I have had the same problems, and these might be the reasons (that i've experienced) :

1. Miui not updated
2. Power button loose
3. Did the device fell / slipped down before?

Now after i updated my Miui regularly, the problem hardly occured. Until i found out that my power button is loose, so its kinda keeps on pressing the device to off after few seconds. I have to really let it die because the battery flat, then cool it down a bit, and try again.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Suporex + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 20:58, Feb-28-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Suporex at 21:01, Feb-28-2017

@drakonian I can volume up + power button to get to that menu that does wipe + restart. That is hard reset right?

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 21:00, Feb-28-2017 | From PC
|
ms.sinnlich replied at 2017-2-28 20:39
I have had the same problems, and these might be the reasons (that i've experienced) :

1. Miui not  ...

@ms.innlich I was checking updates and running them when they were available but there was no update for months. my MIUI is 7 something I think. Phone fell once but that was 4 months ago, was working fine since then. don't think power button is loose. I run battery to 0, and then recharged to 100% after I let it idle for 1h. Cold as rock but when I started same thing.

Thanks

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 00:00, Mar-01-2017 | From PC
|
Hard reset fixed the boot. all data gone tho.

As I am on MIUI 7.2 would it be worth to use this ocasion to update to MIUI 8.2.1 following this http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

thanks

Comment

drakonian http://en.miui.com/a-234.html  00:08, Mar-01-2017
drakonian Better fastboot flash, cause Mi Note Pro doesn't have any recovery till February 2016, so your device is really outdated.  00:07, Mar-01-2017

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 00:18, Mar-01-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Suporex at 00:23, Mar-01-2017

@drakonian fastboot flash seems more complicated, I thought they are all the same, just different ways of doing it? Sorry just very noobish with that I always update through phone but for whatever reason when I check for updates it tells me there are none even though I am on 7.2

[EDIT] plus the link to MIUI ROM Flashing Tool  is broken.

[EDIT 2] plus I need to unlock it seems and this --> By unlocking the device you agree that this may bring changes to some parts of the system. These changes may damage the device

seems dengerous why I can't just use in phone updater? whats the difference?

Super moderator

Everything is subjective...

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
1653 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi  BunnyMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Selfie StickAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 7MarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 8Redmi Note 2Mi Note ProRedmi ProMi 4cXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy New YearThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry Christmas1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts800K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalI Love 20161300K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World TourMIUI Lucky Friday1400K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Olympics Medal900K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 2017MIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi Bunny Game Master Updates LoverOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverWallpaper ExpertMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Device ExpertDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterRingtone Star Inbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

01:04, Mar-01-2017 | From PC
|
Your device it's already unlocked, otherwise you can't go to recovery (where you made reset).
If you can't receive updates there's something wrong.
First of all, post a screenshot of your "about phone" in settings menu.

Click on "reply"

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 01:47, Mar-01-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Suporex at 02:03, Mar-01-2017

screenshot attached.

so should I proceed with fastboot update?
system.jpg

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
236 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalI Love MIUIMIUI 8Mi 5Mi NoteMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy Valentine's Day1500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Star Of TechnologyDebate MasterScroll Of Wisdom

02:06, Mar-01-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by ceyad at 03:04, Mar-01-2017
Suporex replied at 2017-3-1 01:47
screenshot attached.

so should I proceed with fastboot update?

it seems your device using custom rom, you should clean flash use fastboot or edl to use official rom
MIUI VERSION show its not official rom

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 02:08, Mar-01-2017 | From PC
|
ceyad replied at 2017-3-1 02:06
it seems your device using custom rom, you should clean flash use fastboot or edl to use official  ...

that is wierd as I bought it like that.

So basicly just follow Method 3: Fastboot Update with leo_images_V8.2.1.0.LXHCNDL_20170116.0000.00_5.1_cn_0c973b1717.tgz   right?

Comment

drakonian Yes, but remember that you lost every language a part English and Chinese, because the Mi Note Pro doesn't have official global rom.  02:28, Mar-01-2017

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list