Dear Fellow Mi Fans,
Today, Xiaomi unveiled their first in-house developed SoC, Pinecone Surge S1, and the first Mi device (5c) to be powered by the Surge S1 SoC. It was planned way back in 24-September-2015, and it took 28 months to produce the Surge S1 SoC! With the design objective of balancing between performance and power efficiency, and on a large scale production. So, let now examine in details of the Surge S1 SoC!
HIGHLIGHTS OF SPECIFICATIONS
- Octa-core 64-bit chipset (4xA53 cores 2.2GHz + 4xA53 cores 1.4GHz)
- 28nm High Performance Computing (HPC) process
- Mali-T860 quad-core GPU
- AFBC + ASTC image compression technology
- 32-bit high performance DSP for voice processing
- 14-bit dual ISP; enhanced image processing capabilities
- Surge ISP algorithm improves camera light sensitivity by 150%
- Dual noise reduction algorithm reduces noise and preserves image detail in low light
- Upgradable baseband; programmable modem, OTA up-gradable
- VoLTE high quality call and video support
- Chip-level security; TEE architecture, strict compliance with safety regulations
- Antutu score 64,817
#1 SURGE S1 SOC BENCHMARK
The Pinecone Surge S1 managed to achieve outstanding AnTuTu benchmark scores, and definitely on spar with the existing SoC's out in the market!
It achieved an impressive 40% power efficiency, while not compromising other required functionalities!
It uses the Mali-T860 quad-core GPU in order to achieve that 40% power efficiency, which features AFBC & ASTC image compression technologies! It is a losseless data compression which is 50% lower in bus traffic bandwidth, and also 15% lower on dynamic image processing's power consumptions!
At the core of the Pinecone Surge S1, features a Octa-core 64-bit chipset (4xA53 cores 2.2GHz + 4xA53 cores 1.4GHz) which is manufactured by 28nm High Performance Computing (HPC) process!
#5 FEATURE: CHIP LEVEL SECURITY
It is designed to meet strict compliance with the TEE architecture, to meet safety regulations. It offer chip-level security which protects data integrity and prevents unauthorised network access! This is made possible by the combination of software and hardware to offer this top-line security level!
#6 FEATURE: BASEBAND UPGRADE
Another outstanding feature of the Surge S1 SoC, is that it allow baseband to be upgraded via OTA!
#7 FEATURE: NOISE REDUCTION
The Surge S1 SoC also featured a 32-bit high performance DSP, and a dual microphone noise reductions, eliminating static and background noise. Resultings in almost 100% lossless voice reproduction and quality improvement!
Last but not least, the first ever 16-dual dual Imaging Sensing Processing (ISP) wth enhanced image processing technologies. It is light sensitivity enchanced and dual noise noise reduction alogrithm. It also feature the first Single Frame HDR, which improved dynamic range!
Do You Like the Surge S1 SoC (Mi 5c)?
Rated by 28 people
View Rating Log