Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
V8.5.4.0.NCFMIED
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetRedmi 4/Prime/4A10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

[Music] Sound Cracking Problem

[ Promote]
4129 109 |
19:25, Feb-18-2017 | From APP
|
|
Go to reply no.
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.2.0.MBEMIDI
Reproduce rate
100%
ROM version
Global stable version
Country/Region
Bangladesh
Description
In Redmi 4 Prime, whenever any notifications comes,then notification sound cracks.And also while playing music with full volume.Please fix this in the next 8.2 Global Update.
Steps to reproduce
--
Screenshot
--
Log
--
Favorite6 Share

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.2.0.MBEMIDI
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
07:53, Apr-20-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
mic - sometimes people can't hear my voice
speaker - cracking sound issue.
hope this can be fixed soon because its annoying when people always hang up the call then i need to call them back.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
104 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi Power StripXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 4/Prime/4AMi Live MedalHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017I Love 201690000 Forum MembersMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI Drawing TalentSuper WednesdaySuper ThursdaySuper MondayRocket to Future300K Forum MembersSuper SundayFan Of MIUI RussiaWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Star Of TechnologyAndroid ElfDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverMi Story TellerAndroid GuruForum Contest Lover

22:45, Feb-24-2017 | From PC
|
I did the same test (listening to music on earphones) using another ROM (Ressurection Remix) and the results were the same.

Crackling sound when entering a subway station with poor 3G signal...

Maybe it's a hardware problem.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MBEMIDL
Online time
49 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Redmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI 300 WeeksTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid Elf

22:51, Feb-19-2017 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
This post was edited by nay-ton at 20:55, Mar-03-2017

Please Xiaomi fix this BUG. For everything I have read in places and forums the probable reason that causes this is BUG is the mobile network signal interference.

I think I fix 60% of this bug with this tutorial: http://en.miui.com/thread-518811-1-1.html

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
104 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi Power StripXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 4/Prime/4AMi Live MedalHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017I Love 201690000 Forum MembersMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI Drawing TalentSuper WednesdaySuper ThursdaySuper MondayRocket to Future300K Forum MembersSuper SundayFan Of MIUI RussiaWomen's Day Medal10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny Star Of TechnologyAndroid ElfDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverMi Story TellerAndroid GuruForum Contest Lover

19:01, Feb-21-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by BaseJumperG at 19:05, Feb-21-2017

I created the thread below and there are lots of people that have the same problem.
http://en.miui.com/thread-494758-1-1.html

I was able to reproduce the crackling multiple times.

First, I was listening to music on earphones and I notice the crackling as soon as I entered a subway station where the 4G signal is not good.

When I was inside the train the crackling continued and I switched to Airplane mode. The crackling stopped.

Then I tried switching back to normal mode and the signal was still weak (3G instead of 4G) the crackling sound appeared again.

After that I tried disabling only the Mobile Data instead of Airplane Mode. The crackling stopped again.

After getting home with a good 4G signal, I couldn't reproduce the crackling behavior by switching Mobile Data on/off.

Then, I switched the "Preferred network"  to 3G to force 3G signal and tested switching Mobile Data on/off again. I could hear the crackling sound again!

Now I can reproduce as many time as I want.
Just force 3G network and switch Data Plan on/off.

So... Apparently the problem occurs when the signal is weak/lost and the cell phone is "searching" for the signal.

I hope this helps developers analysing/solving the problem.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:02, Feb-21-2017 | From PC
|
Please Xiaomi fix this BUG!!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MBEMIDL
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
23:07, Feb-21-2017 | Via mobile
|
a mi me hace lo mismo se relentiza y hace ruido cuando llegan las notificaciones y cuanso abro el reproductor de musica y el spotify corrijanlo con la version 8.2 fe miui vengo de la global estable 8.1.2.0

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MBEMIDL
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:57, Feb-21-2017 | From PC
|
Si, acabo de recibir el Redmi 4 pro y sucede lo mismo. Se distorsiona mucho el sonido en música y audios en altavoz principalmente.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
01:23, Feb-22-2017 | From PC
|
Yes please, fix that bug!!!!!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
V8.2.10.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
36 Hours
Send PM

Ninebot MiniXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMi BandMagic CubeMi MIXMijia Electric ScooterMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia VR Play 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuFantastic!MIUI 8Redmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI Happy MedalSuper Friday5 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 2017Rocket to FutureSurge S1Super TuesdaySuper MondayMIUI 9Happy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum AppSuper WednesdaySuper ThursdayMIUI Font LoverMIUI 7th Anniversary3500K Forum Members300K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Ringolicious MedalRooster Year of 2017Super SaturdaySuper SundayHappy Holi MedalMiPopI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackDebate MasterMIUI KingMost Popular Forum UserScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMi TalentMaster Of TechnologyAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertTheme TalentMi Story TellerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

02:56, Feb-22-2017 | Via mobile
|
Me too

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MBEMIDL
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

3 Million Forum App InstallsSurge S1Puzzle Master