Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
Online time
545 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi HomeMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi Yi CameraMi Power BankMi HeadphonesMi T-ShirtMi  BunnyYi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi Power StripMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicRedmi 2Redmi 1SMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Monthly Talk1 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI PolandI Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Marathon Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMIUI Lucky Friday1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World TourRooster Year of 20171900K Forum MembersHappy New YearFan Of MIUI BangladeshThanksgiving DayMIUI HalloweenHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From Singapore3 Million Forum App InstallsMid-Autumn FestivalHilal Ramadan Rocket to Future1500K Forum Members3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1Puzzle MasterSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalSuper TuesdaySuper MondaySuper FridayMi Live MedalMIUI Fan From NepalSingapore Merlion Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamHappy Holi Medal1400K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversarySuper Saturday1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroYouth PledgeMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMi Story TellerMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterHumor MasterMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI ExpertMIUI KingWallpaper StarMi Bunny Game Master App TalentApp TalentAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerTechnology Guru

[Lounge] [Quick Question] Do You Lock Your Apps on Your Phone? Win MIUI 8 Medal!

Close [ Promote]
18848 1838 |
16:54, Feb-16-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
190946u9dwxjz5ipmhi85l_副本.jpg

Hallo MIUI-ers and MI Fans
You may have saved sensitive data on the phone that you do not want others to know, such as your chat history, call history, payment or transaction details. If you do not want people to see them when your friends, kids, coworkers are using your phone, or when you want to add another layer of security to the screen locker, you can set up the app lock to lock any apps on the phone with a PIN, passcode, pattern or fingerprint. The process may differ slightly across various MIUI versions. In MIUI 8, you can follow these easy steps.

Tap Settings, scroll down to the Device section at the bottom, you should then find the App lock entry.
Tap on it, you’ll see the unlock screen if you have turned on app lock before. Otherwise, you will see a list of all apps on the phone. See the screenshot below.
HiShoot_20170216_125733.png

Select any apps you want to keep private, then tap the Add lock button. You will be prompted to draw or create a pattern. Connect at least 4 dots to create a pattern, then repeat the process to confirm.

HiShoot_20170216_125810.png

After that, each time anyone tries to open a locked app on your Xiaomi or Redmi phone, he or she will firstly have to unlock the app using the lock pattern. If you change your pattern or password, you can tap gear icon at the right top, and set your pattern or password.
HiShoot_20170216_125909.png

Do you lock your apps using App Lock Feature?

Reply with valid answers before February 23rd, 2017 to win MIUI 8 Medal!
medal.jpg

All irrelevant entries (such as great, thanks, yes etc) will be deleted without any explanation and will not be entitled to any medals. Special Thanks to our Admins@Evaaaaaaa  @Nanana and MODs of Indonesia SF @so-ra @jd.techmix @Skrz23

Pro side Yes, because this is my important feature to hide my secret
Yes, is necessary for safety my privacy from untouchted..
More
Con side No, I dont have secret.
I simply lock the lock screen,locking apps isn't required.
More
Thermaikos:
no, i dont need it
xiaumibitor:
Only loock the screen!
khraiter:
should i? {:6_233:}
arpan67:
I dont lock the apps, feels like extra step to open it.
woof91:
I simply lock the lock screen!
Mdn1198:
Just the lock screen.
Presnomeno:
Only lock screen
igor73:
I simply lock the screen,locking apps isn't required.
sergey_ev79:
do not block the app
Belluna:
also no lockscreen :D
Dodongskie:
no theres nothing to hide for me lol
murvit:
Only lock screen
Yamada-yayan:
I just using lock screen on my phone,,
ruleton:
no I don't use it
DoruTDK:
I don't lock any specific apps , lockscreen is enough .
arikus:
No at this time because no one touches my phone.
alexchat:
No i dont, none touches my phone
Anggita04:
no.... no need apps lock, its nothing hidden here
IreneMiui9:
not yet but if I were traveling yes for sure would lock them
rahul_09:
eiklm:
i am the only one that use my phone
eiklm:
i am the only one that use my phone
Machibuse:
ehm ... No! I do not lock my app! I do not need because... I use second spa...
kwid:
I don't lock any specific apps. Lockscreen is enough for me
dapapo:
Nope, only pass on my lockscreen
gwiezdnypotwor:
i didn't hide anything.
1632509618:
I don'd let others use my phone so it's useless for me
rehan-azam:
Yes 100 percent...Very Helpful and Secure if you lose your Handset
flat__line:
No, I do not lock any app ... kinda transparent guy :)
almobel:
Right now I do not use it, but I will surely use it in the future.

Favorite16 Share

Rated by 93 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

PsychoAlbatross + 1 Great!
luckymouse17 + 1 Great!
monster227 + 1 Thanks!
sergey_ev79 + 1 Thanks!
Zloduga + 1 Agreed!
15466112692 + 2 Great!
Ahad-Hossain + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Ylvi + 1 Thanks!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
rahul_09 + 5 Awesome!
desaparafusado + 1 Fantastic!
Velvel88 + 2 Great!
Smietana + 2 Fantastic!
~MeMo~ + 1 Awesome!
Vodiva + 1 Здорово!
chgbhat + 5 Great!
1644906531 + 1 Agreed!
markito + 1 Agreed!
VPSINGH1009 + 2 Fantastic!
Fellipe17 + 1 Great!
suripalepu + 1 Fantastic!
sampathmadurai + 2 Awesome!
myszeł + 1 Thanks!
Klizmoo + 2 Awesome!
Chris1971 + 1 Great!
o0moein0o + 1 Great!
kanta_dey + 1 Awesome!

Experience +228  Prestige +9  View Rating Log

Exploring MIUI.

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
Online time
439 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Selfie StickMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MarshmallowAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8Mi TVMi 4cRedmi 2MIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI IndiaHilal Ramadan Happy Holi Medal1400K Forum MembersDiwali 1500K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From NepalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Vietnam1800K Forum Members3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Weekly PollWomen's Day MedalMIUI Drawing TalentFan Of MIUI BangladeshRocket to FutureSurge S1Super FridaySuper TuesdaySuper WednesdaySuper ThursdayHappy Valentine's DayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017MIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017Super MondayFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamScroll Of WisdomMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatYouth PledgeTechnology GuruAndroid ElfMIUI ExpertMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB Follower

08:49, Feb-19-2017
|

Use the reply button so that I get notified.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4G
MIUI Version
V7.2.3.0.KHIMIDA
Online time
82 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Band 2Magic CubeMi WiFi RouterMi HomeMi VR HeadsetMi Power BankMi KeyMi Yi CameraMi HeadphonesFantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7Hilal Ramadan MIUI Halloween900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaPokemon Master MedalWomen's Day MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 100 Million UsersSuper WednesdaySurge S1Super Monday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts1 Million Forum MembersHappy New Year3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017I Love 2016MIUI 2017Alpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverHumor MasterTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Bunny Game Master Wallpaper ExpertRingtone Star OTA FeedbackAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates Lover

14:02, Feb-19-2017
|
Yes, is necessary for safety my privacy from untouchted..

Nothing Is Impossible...

Credits
Device
Redmi Note Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
942 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi WiFi RouterUnlock MedalMi HomeMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi TV 70Mi BandMi Power BankMi Selfie StickMi Yi CameraMi USB FanMi WiFiYeelight Bedside LampMi HeadphonesMi Power StripMi Bluetooth SpeakerYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 8MarshmallowAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016FlashholicRedmi 2Mi TVRedmi NoteMi 4iMi 4SRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 3Mi 4cSuper FridaySurge S110 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Holi MedalSingapore Merlion MedalSuper MondaySuper WednesdaySuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMerry Christmas800K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy New YearHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan Mid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliThanksgiving DayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Drawing TalentMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppOlympics Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Fan From Vietnam1400K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 20172100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From BrazilI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News TeamMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI ExpertMIUI KingMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerMr. DependableApp StarMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsIndustrious ReporterMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Story TellerMi TalentForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterOTA FeedbackApp MasterDebate MasterInbox ZeroYouth PledgeAndroid Guru

10:13, Feb-17-2017
|

Reply Awards +3

Yes, because this is my important feature to hide my secret

Platinum Member

eleng_Kuat_slamet

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
117 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi Selfie StickMi Yi CameraMi TV 70Mi HomeMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi VR HeadsetMi BandMi Power StripMi WiFiMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMagic CubeMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMIUI 2016MIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!Redmi Note 31900K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Merry ChristmasFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper SaturdayThanksgiving DayHappy New YearMIUI 6th AnniversaryRooster Year of 20171500K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Mi Live Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From NepalPuzzle MasterSurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalHappy Holi MedalMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Monthly Talk5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper FridaySuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI FranceSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalSuper MondayRocket to FutureMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Drawing TalentHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI India3 Million Forum App InstallsI Love Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star Debate MasterYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertApp TalentMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterMIUI KingTechnology GuruInbox ZeroApp TalentStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

10:16, Feb-17-2017
|
No, I dont have secret

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMIUI 85 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Forum AppRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridaySuper FridayHappy Valentine's DaySuper Thursday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfDebate MasterForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruTechnology Guru

10:19, Feb-17-2017
|
I dont have any secret, so no app lock for me.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
67 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 2MIUI Happy MedalSuper FridayTechnology GuruDebate MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Star Of TechnologyAndroid GuruScroll Of Wisdom

10:20, Feb-17-2017
|
New to know about this feature.
Thanks for sharing,.. will use app lock for future

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBCMIDL
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotYi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMagic CubeMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Fantastic!Mi Max Happy Holi MedalMIUI World TourMIUI 2017Happy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Super TuesdayHappy Valentine's DaySuper Monday10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySuper FridaySuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSurge S1Puzzle MasterSingapore Merlion MedalAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Story TellerForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMIUI Expert

10:22, Feb-17-2017
|
Yes, i use this feature.... like it....

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi HomeI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!1 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017MIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Drawing TalentSuper MondayPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan from India5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppHappy Holi MedalSuper Thursday3 Million Forum Members2100K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Surge S110 Million Forum PostsSuper TuesdayGamer Mi BunnyHumor MasterAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Story TellerTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan

|
No, I am not using, because i am control my area of people :D
M. Novan Saputra

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
112 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi WiFiMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMi HeadphonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Band 2MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 2Redmi 3Mi 5Fan Of MIUI BulgariaHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017I Love 2016Happy New YearMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017MIUI World TourMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Holi MedalMIUI Drawing Talent3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Bangladesh10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI FranceSuper WednesdayPuzzle Master3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI RussiaRocket to FutureSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper MondaySuper FridaySuper TuesdayMIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore Merlion MedalGamer Mi BunnyStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyDebate MasterMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

|
Yes, I use App lock feature because it helps me to protect my privacy.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

1672345699 + 1 Agreed!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
270 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraMi HomeMi Selfie StickMi BandMi HeadphonesMi VR HeadsetMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 4I Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017MIUI World TourHappy New YearMIUI 20173 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI BulgariaSingapore Merlion MedalPuzzle MasterMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI FranceFan Of MIUI ItalySuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BangladeshGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMi Story TellerTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruDebate Master

|
No. I don't have secret.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMi Power StripUnlock MedalFantastic!MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI Marathon Medal5 Million Forum App Installs1500K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalDiwali I Love 2016MIUI 20173 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's DayMi Live MedalHappy New YearSuper FridayMerry ChristmasThanksgiving DayRooster Year of 2017Forum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Medals Collector

10:27, Feb-17-2017
|
yeah most apps are secured by AppLock on my phone

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list