Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
V8.0.12.0.MAHCNDI
Online time
555 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Water PurifierXiaomi 6 LaunchMi  BunnyYeelight Bedside LampXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Mi TVMi 4cMi 5s PlusMi 5 ProFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Poland1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From Indonesia2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI GreeceOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Fan From Vietnam5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 2017Puzzle MasterUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI UkraineMIUI 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnyApp StarStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertMIUI Wallpaper ContestTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerScroll Of WisdomMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi TalentInbox ZeroYouth PledgeMr. DependableAndroid GuruHumor MasterDebate MasterMIUI Follower

[Tech Wednesday] [Tech Wednesday] Smartphone Screens Soon Made with Diamonds: Would You Buy One?

[ Promote]
20616 613 |
07:05, Feb-14-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 19:28, Feb-23-2017

Hello MIUIers, it's time for a new Tech Wednesday!
Smartphones are constantly being improved with great components which make their specs awesome. However, there still is a chapter that looks like it requires some innovative technology: smartphones' physical characteristics. You can see that the build quality, in many cases, is very good; but, when they fall on the ground... oops...well, you can imagine the results, despite the quality of the glasses and of the other materials employed.

So, why not use the hardest known material of the heart? It is made of carbon, like graphite, but with a different (instable) molecular structure. As said, it is higly hard (thanks to its structure); it is also resistant to incredible temperature, allowing to keep a low temperature of operation.

diamond-glass-4278-001.jpg

According to the CEO of a company that grows diamonds to use them in electronics fields, smartphones' screens made by diamond glass could be stronger and cleaner than any other devices you have ever used; and this could happen during this year! Probably you know that some smartphone (or part of it) is using sapphire crystal; but this one is still more fragile than diamond.

diamond-glass-4289-002.jpg

Obviously there are not only positive aspects: First and probably most important, for the moment, is the cost! Can you imagine how much would you have to spend for a smartphone with diamond glass screen which is able to resist eventual cracks and scratches?

Would you spend more money for a smartphone with diamond screen?

Sources: 1 , 2.

Related Threads:
[Tech Wednesday] Do You Think Tablets Have Degenerated Into Unnecessary Products?  
[Tech Wednesday] Custom ROM: Is it still necessary to install it today?  
[Tech Wednesday] Will Feature Phones Disappear Completely in the Future?

Pro side Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
If possible I would pay.
More
Calmaja:
First thing on most people's mind is same diamond as jewelry. Actually...
天经地米:
Gorilla Glass is the industry standard right now right? Well the indus...
duriduri320:
yes, I would. the Reason is, we can sell it after use... the price of ...
MiPenguin:
Hi, Screen protection is one of my main concerns. So yes, I would...
gwiezdnypotwor:
Why not
yangCRO:
if enough money why not :-)
yangCRO:
maybe yes if nt too expensive
sastro_kimpet:
never!!
1647202315:
I will
nVIDIA-PC:
Yes. Coz i heard it will cost same as that of moto's shatter glass.
Abhishekrazy:
definitely no
zact69:
If diamond screen is oleophobic and could withstand sunlight glare, I'...
sastro_kimpet:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
jaxus:
what its cost ?
jaxus:
of course no protectors needed !!
yangCRO:
nope-sir
czoper:
Would be nice Super, thx
czoper:
Would be nice
1649274216:
if possible i would pay more ....
Mr.cubix...:
Of course..if the price is affordable.
Mdn1198:
YES! if they will price it as same as general screens.
yangCRO:
absolutely
VikuBalupura:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
tsugan:
Give me two
kibria.mgk:
Well, this is the future. Though I wouldn't spend my money on this, bu...
dree2016:
Yes, if there is no other phone without the diamond screen. {:4_127:}
Broik:
acquired for the sake of interest
Tipher:
Yes,If it comes under 10k INR...LOL
Karnthang:
Yes, if the price is acceptable.
Ashiqmi:
Where there pervades an era of reducing cost of mobile devices, it can...
Con side No, I wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t spend much more than now.
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I gue...
More

Favorite5 Share

Rated by 33 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

alexanrin + 1 Fantastic!
mohanprabhu88 + 1 Fantastic!
!Videx + 5 Awesome!
Sagar_Prasad + 10 + 3 Awesome!
desaparafusado + 1 Agreed!
Wolfi70 + 3 Fantastic!
czoper + 1 Thanks!
luppiespy + 2 Great!
ZZidane + 1 Awesome!
Zodiak90 + 1 Great!
15466112692 + 2 Great!
anton.sl + 1 Great!
muramasa13 + 1 Fantastic!
Raghav.Gowda + 2 Agreed!
blackfirefly434 + 10 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
Ashiqmi + 5 Fantastic!
MisterGebi + 1 Thanks!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Awesome!
vincent_khoo + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
TICU + 5 Fantastic!
Sujayb + 10 + 3 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
Kaushikkr + 5 Fantastic!
crossfire25 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
teejay456 + 5 Awesome!

Experience +169  Prestige +29  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
107 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Yi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeMi VR HeadsetMi WiFiMi HeadphonesMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Awesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMi 590000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan From NepalSuper MondayFan Of MIUI BangladeshRocket to FutureSuper TuesdaySuper SaturdayHappy Valentine's Day300K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy New YearRooster Year of 2017Super FridayMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Happy MedalSingapore Merlion Medal3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper SundayFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy Holi MedalMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI FranceSuper ThursdaySurge S1Women's Day MedalFan Of MIUI UkrainePuzzle MasterSuper WednesdayGamer Mi BunnyMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertRingtone Star MIUI KingStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid ElfMi TalentAndroid GuruTechnology GuruYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomDebate Master

10:55, Feb-15-2017 | From PC
|
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I guess it'll be a sapphire screen which is already in use (watches, camera protection glass) shares the same durability and not that expensive.

Mi Fan Club Bangladesh

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
254 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi Yi CameraYeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalYi Action CameraMi VRMi Power StripMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerMi HomeMagic CubeMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuMIUI 2016MarshmallowMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!Mi Max Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 5Redmi Note 4Pokemon Master MedalI Love 2016Mi Live Medal1500K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksDiwali 1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMerry ChristmasMIUI Forum App1700K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly Poll1 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to FutureWomen's Day MedalPuzzle MasterSuper TuesdayMIUI Font LoverSuper MondaySuper WednesdayUEFA EURO MedalHappy Holi MedalSuper Thursday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S15 Million Forum App InstallsSuper SundayMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From Nepal300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Happy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DaySuper FridayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from IndiaGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI News TeamAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeRingtone Star Youth PledgeAndroid ElfHumor MasterMr. DependableTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerInbox ZeroDebate Master

11:29, Feb-15-2017 | From PC
|
If possible I would pay.

Comment

msalauddins And i will hijack your phone while i see you.. :)  12:18, Feb-15-2017

Super moderator

Love Others As You Love Yourse

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
2444 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Mi Power StripMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMi KeyMIUI 6Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIRedmiMi 4cMi TV500K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India10 Million Forum PostsSurge S11 Million Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMerry Christmas900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper WednesdayHappy DiwaliDiwali Happy Holi MedalSuper Monday300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving Day1st AnniversaryXiaomi 6th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 6th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Forum AppSuper Friday1800K Forum Members1400K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Happy New Year5 Million Forum PostsI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamOff-Topic TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMr. Post the MostMost Active MIUIerMIUI KingDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Wallpaper ContestHumor MasterSuper ModeratorMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI Resources TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014Off-Topic StarMIUI FollowerStar MIUI News Team MemberMr. DependableMi Story TellerForum Contest Lover

10:30, Feb-15-2017 | From PC
|
No! Instead I would buy a diamond jewellery

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

bravonova + 10 Agreed!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFiMi HeadphonesMi VR HeadsetMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 83 Million Forum App Installs3500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 2017Happy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterMi Live MedalI Love 2016MIUI World Tour300K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday1700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017Alpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalHumor MasterForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverAndroid ElfTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMIUI KingAndroid Guru

10:38, Feb-15-2017 | From APP
|
Diamond.? Will it be so expensive.? I'll buy phone as it's main function, wich is suit with my need, and reasonable price.

MIUI Resources Team

JAI MATA DI

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.2.5.0.MALMIDL
Online time
888 Hours
Send PM

Mi Air PurifierMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMi KeyMi Water PurifierMijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi VRYi Action CameraMi Band 2Mi Power StripMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMi WiFiMi HomeMi HeadphonesMagic CubeMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 6 LaunchMi TV 70Unlock MedalMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicI Love MIUIAnTuTuMIUI 7MIUI 8MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 2016Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Redmi Note 3Mi 5Mi Max Redmi Note 4Redmi 3SMi 4cRedmi 3Redmi NoteRedmi 2Fan Of MIUI PolandXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI India1900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From NepalOlympics MedalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Fan from IndiaMi Live MedalHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaDiwali MIUI 6th Anniversary1700K Forum MembersMIUI World Tour1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DaySuper ThursdayMIUI Drawing TalentRooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI BulgariaSuper MondaySingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1Super WednesdayWomen's Day MedalSuper Friday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersRocket to FutureSuper TuesdayMIUI Happy MedalHappy New YearMerry ChristmasPokemon Master MedalI Love 2016MIUI Font LoverHappy Holi MedalMIUI 2017Super Sunday300K Forum Members1 Million Forum App Installs3500K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI Russia2100K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Technology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeScroll Of WisdomMi TalentInbox ZeroApp TalentAndroid ElfApp TalentMIUI KingMi Story TellerApp StarMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI ExpertRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyHumor MasterAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerMaster Of TechnologyUpdates Lover

10:43, Feb-15-2017 | From PC
|
Great technology thanks for sharing bro

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMIUI 8MIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterI Love 2016Scroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruAndroid Guru

10:45, Feb-15-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
|
Very very very expensive. Collection goods

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Fan Of MIUI FrancePuzzle MasterMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Forum AppRooster Year of 2017Super TuesdayRocket to FutureMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DaySuper Saturday3500K Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruUpdates LoverMi TalentAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI KingStar Of Technology

10:46, Feb-15-2017 | From Mi 5
|
Expensive lol

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Yi CameraMi  BunnyMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi 51 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New Year2100K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI World Tour1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Merry ChristmasMIUI Lucky FridayRocket to FutureSuper FridayMIUI 20175 Million Forum App Installs300K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy MedalSuper ThursdayRooster Year of 2017Happy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMiPopForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMaster Of Technology

10:48, Feb-15-2017 | From Mi 5
|
sorry sir
but the reality is that everyone wants a best phone in a cheapest price.
because majority is with medium class people.

Exploring MIUI.

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
562 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMagic CubeMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 6 LaunchMi HomeMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!MarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016Redmi 2Mi 4cMi TV1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 6th Anniversary300K Forum MembersOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky FridayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From Nepal1500K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Surge S1Women's Day MedalSuper FridaySuper TuesdayHappy Holi MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper SundaySuper MondaySuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshRocket to Future1900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Weekly PollHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Drawing TalentRooster Year of 2017Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI FB FollowerScroll Of WisdomMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfTechnology GuruYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI KingMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid Guru

10:48, Feb-15-2017 | From PC
|
No I won't buy one.
Use the reply button or tag me @rahul_09 so that I get notified.
PM won't be responded as quickly as open thread replies.
QQ: 3513805865

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MXEMIDL
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeMi Band 2Mi BandMi  BunnyMi TV 70Unlock MedalMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMijia Story TellerMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi VR HeadsetMi HeadphonesMagic CubeMi Selfie StickXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIRedmi Note 3MIUI 6th Anniversary1900K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMi Live MedalHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppMIUI Weekly Poll1 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayMerry ChristmasMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyMid-Autumn FestivalRooster Year of 2017MIUI 300 WeeksI Love 2016Surge S11500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day3 Million Forum Members2100K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal10 Million Forum Posts700K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI KingDebate MasterMi Story TellerTechnology GuruAndroid ElfYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorApp StarAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerApp Talent

11:00, Feb-15-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
|
i dont think i will buy one..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list