Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
V8.0.12.0.MAHCNDI
Online time
527 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalYeelight Bedside LampMi HeadphonesMi Water PurifierMi  BunnyMarshmallowAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7Mi 5s PlusMi TVMi 5 ProMi 4c1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From Singapore2100K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From Nepal5 Million Forum PostsPuzzle Master1400K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopApp StarMIUI ExpertMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi TalentScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroAndroid GuruHumor MasterDebate MasterYouth PledgeMr. Dependable

[Tech Wednesday] [Tech Wednesday] Smartphone Screens Soon Made with Diamonds: Would You Buy One?

[ Promote]
20198 612 |
07:05, Feb-14-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 19:28, Feb-23-2017

Hello MIUIers, it's time for a new Tech Wednesday!
Smartphones are constantly being improved with great components which make their specs awesome. However, there still is a chapter that looks like it requires some innovative technology: smartphones' physical characteristics. You can see that the build quality, in many cases, is very good; but, when they fall on the ground... oops...well, you can imagine the results, despite the quality of the glasses and of the other materials employed.

So, why not use the hardest known material of the heart? It is made of carbon, like graphite, but with a different (instable) molecular structure. As said, it is higly hard (thanks to its structure); it is also resistant to incredible temperature, allowing to keep a low temperature of operation.

diamond-glass-4278-001.jpg

According to the CEO of a company that grows diamonds to use them in electronics fields, smartphones' screens made by diamond glass could be stronger and cleaner than any other devices you have ever used; and this could happen during this year! Probably you know that some smartphone (or part of it) is using sapphire crystal; but this one is still more fragile than diamond.

diamond-glass-4289-002.jpg

Obviously there are not only positive aspects: First and probably most important, for the moment, is the cost! Can you imagine how much would you have to spend for a smartphone with diamond glass screen which is able to resist eventual cracks and scratches?

Would you spend more money for a smartphone with diamond screen?

Sources: 1 , 2.

Related Threads:
[Tech Wednesday] Do You Think Tablets Have Degenerated Into Unnecessary Products?  
[Tech Wednesday] Custom ROM: Is it still necessary to install it today?  
[Tech Wednesday] Will Feature Phones Disappear Completely in the Future?

Pro side Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
If possible I would pay.
More
天经地米:
Gorilla Glass is the industry standard right now right? Well the indus...
duriduri320:
yes, I would. the Reason is, we can sell it after use... the price of ...
MiPenguin:
Hi, Screen protection is one of my main concerns. So yes, I would...
gwiezdnypotwor:
Why not
yangCRO:
if enough money why not :-)
yangCRO:
maybe yes if nt too expensive
sastro_kimpet:
never!!
1647202315:
I will
nVIDIA-PC:
Yes. Coz i heard it will cost same as that of moto's shatter glass.
Abhishekrazy:
definitely no
zact69:
If diamond screen is oleophobic and could withstand sunlight glare, I'...
sastro_kimpet:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
jaxus:
what its cost ?
jaxus:
of course no protectors needed !!
yangCRO:
nope-sir
czoper:
Would be nice Super, thx
czoper:
Would be nice
1649274216:
if possible i would pay more ....
Mr.cubix...:
Of course..if the price is affordable.
Mdn1198:
YES! if they will price it as same as general screens.
yangCRO:
absolutely
VikuBalupura:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
tsugan:
Give me two
kibria.mgk:
Well, this is the future. Though I wouldn't spend my money on this, bu...
dree2016:
Yes, if there is no other phone without the diamond screen. {:4_127:}
Broik:
acquired for the sake of interest
Tipher:
Yes,If it comes under 10k INR...LOL
Karnthang:
Yes, if the price is acceptable.
Ashiqmi:
Where there pervades an era of reducing cost of mobile devices, it can...
ThorstenD:
Sure --- I think we're basically talking about "glass" artificially ma...
Con side No, I wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t spend much more than now.
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I gue...
More

Favorite5 Share

Rated by 33 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

alexanrin + 1 Fantastic!
mohanprabhu88 + 1 Fantastic!
!Videx + 5 Awesome!
Sagar_Prasad + 10 + 3 Awesome!
desaparafusado + 1 Agreed!
Wolfi70 + 3 Fantastic!
czoper + 1 Thanks!
luppiespy + 2 Great!
ZZidane + 1 Awesome!
Zodiak90 + 1 Great!
15466112692 + 2 Great!
anton.sl + 1 Great!
muramasa13 + 1 Fantastic!
Raghav.Gowda + 2 Agreed!
blackfirefly434 + 10 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
Ashiqmi + 5 Fantastic!
MisterGebi + 1 Thanks!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Awesome!
vincent_khoo + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
TICU + 5 Fantastic!
Sujayb + 10 + 3 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
Kaushikkr + 5 Fantastic!
crossfire25 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
teejay456 + 5 Awesome!

Experience +169  Prestige +29  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
106 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFiMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMi HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 8Mi 5MIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureSuper Tuesday300K Forum MembersSuper MondaySuper FridayRooster Year of 2017Happy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from Malaysia3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI World TourMIUI 2017Singapore Merlion MedalMIUI Forum AppHappy Holi MedalSurge S1Fan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Happy MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From Nepal90000 Forum MembersSuper SundaySuper Thursday5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI FrancePuzzle MasterGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentMaster Of TechnologyDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomRingtone Star

10:55, Feb-15-2017
|
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I guess it'll be a sapphire screen which is already in use (watches, camera protection glass) shares the same durability and not that expensive.

Mi Fan Club Bangladesh

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
249 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeMi HomeYi Action CameraMi Yi CameraMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi  BunnyYeelight Bedside LampMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAnTuTuMIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMi Max Mi 5Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 42100K Forum MembersMi Live MedalPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Super FridayMIUI 300 WeeksDiwali Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersMIUI 6th Anniversary1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Indonesia1400K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureUEFA EURO MedalHappy Holi MedalPuzzle MasterSuper TuesdayMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper MondayWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper Thursday5 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1Super SundayMIUI Font LoverMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasMIUI Fan From Nepal3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Lucky FridayGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI News TeamMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeRingtone Star Youth PledgeMIUI ExpertHumor MasterMr. DependableTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerInbox ZeroDebate Master

11:29, Feb-15-2017
|
If possible I would pay.

Comment

msalauddins And i will hijack your phone while i see you.. :)  12:18, Feb-15-2017

Super moderator

Love Others As You Love Yourse

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
2429 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Band 2Mi Power StripMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Selfie StickFantastic!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MarshmallowMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6Mi 4cRedmiMi TVMerry Christmas900K Forum MembersHappy Holi MedalHappy DiwaliDiwali Xiaomi 6th Anniversary800K Forum Members700K Forum Members300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India5 Million Forum PostsHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayMIUI Halloween1st Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from India1 Million Forum Members1900K Forum MembersSurge S11800K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Weekly PollHappy New YearMIUI 2017I Love 20162100K Forum Members1400K Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsUEFA EURO Medal1300K Forum MembersSuper MondayMIUI 6th AnniversaryRocket to Future1500K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI News TeamScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMIUI FB FollowerMr. Post the MostForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMi TalentDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyHumor MasterMi Story TellerSuper ModeratorMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI Resources TeamMr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorOff-Topic TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Lover MedalMIUI KingStar MIUI News Team MemberOff-Topic Star

10:30, Feb-15-2017
|
No! Instead I would buy a diamond jewellery

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

bravonova + 10 Agreed!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi WiFiMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App InstallsDiwali MIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMi Live MedalI Love 2016Happy New YearPuzzle MasterRooster Year of 2017MIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppMIUI Lucky Friday1700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Forum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalHumor MasterDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMi Story TellerAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruAndroid Guru

10:38, Feb-15-2017
|
Diamond.? Will it be so expensive.? I'll buy phone as it's main function, wich is suit with my need, and reasonable price.

MIUI Resources Team

JAI MATA DI

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
769 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi BandMi WiFiMagic CubeMi Selfie StickYi Action CameraMi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi Air PurifierMi Yi CameraMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi KeyMi TV 70Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016AnTuTuAwesome!MarshmallowFlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 8Fantastic!Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteRedmi 3SRedmi Note 2Mi 5Redmi 2Redmi Note 3Redmi 3Mi 4cMi Max Redmi Note 4Happy DiwaliHappy Holi MedalMIUI Fan From Indonesia1900K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI PolandXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Font LoverMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI BangladeshOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarHilal Ramadan MIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryDiwali 1700K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMi Live MedalSuper SundayFan Of MIUI India3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Monthly TalkRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI RussiaThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New Year3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalySuper FridaySuper TuesdaySingapore Merlion MedalWomen's Day MedalSurge S1Rocket to FutureSuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI Bulgaria10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdayMerry ChristmasMIUI 2017300K Forum MembersSuper ThursdayPokemon Master MedalMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Happy Medal2100K Forum MembersI Love 20161500K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruMIUI KingApp TalentDebate MasterApp StarYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorInbox ZeroMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Story TellerApp TalentAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star MIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Lover MedalHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyForum Contest Lover

10:43, Feb-15-2017
|
Great technology thanks for sharing bro

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMIUI 8MIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterI Love 2016Scroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruAndroid Guru

10:45, Feb-15-2017
|
Very very very expensive. Collection goods

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Mi 5Fan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper TuesdayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Weekly PollPuzzle MasterMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI FranceRocket to FutureDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMi TalentDebate MasterAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomUpdates Lover

10:46, Feb-15-2017
|
Expensive lol

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi  BunnyMi Power StripMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Mi 52100K Forum Members300K Forum MembersHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World TourMerry ChristmasI Love 2016MIUI 2017MIUI Happy MedalSuper Friday5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI Lucky FridaySuper Thursday1500K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Happy Valentine's DayMiPopTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalDebate MasterUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfMIUI ExpertAndroid Guru

10:48, Feb-15-2017
|
sorry sir
but the reality is that everyone wants a best phone in a cheapest price.
because majority is with medium class people.

Exploring MIUI.

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
496 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMagic CubeMi Selfie StickMi  BunnyMijia Electric ScooterMi HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 2Mi 4cMi TV10 Million Forum PostsOlympics MedalSuper WednesdayRocket to Future1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMid-Autumn Festival3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdaySuper SundayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From VietnamSuper MondayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From NepalXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Drawing TalentSuper FridaySuper TuesdayHappy DiwaliWomen's Day MedalDiwali MIUI Lucky FridaySurge S11800K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of Wisdom

10:48, Feb-15-2017
|
No I won't buy one.

Use the reply button so that I get notified.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MXEMIDL
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMi BandMi VR HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMi HomeMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMijia Story TellerMagic CubeMi HeadphonesMi TV 70Mi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 8MarshmallowFantastic!Redmi Note 3MIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 300 Weeks700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn Festival1800K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMi Live MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalThanksgiving Day2100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's Day1500K Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollSurge S11 Million Forum App InstallsGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerMIUI KingApp StarApp TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerMaster Of Technology

11:00, Feb-15-2017
|
i dont think i will buy one..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list