Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
V8.0.12.0.MAHCNDI
Online time
517 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalYeelight Bedside LampMi HeadphonesMi Water PurifierMi  BunnyMarshmallowAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7Mi 5s PlusMi TVMi 5 ProMi 4c1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From Singapore2100K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From Nepal5 Million Forum PostsPuzzle Master1400K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopApp StarMIUI ExpertMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi TalentScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroAndroid GuruHumor MasterDebate MasterYouth PledgeMr. Dependable

[Tech Wednesday] [Tech Wednesday] Smartphone Screens Soon Made with Diamonds: Would You Buy One?

[ Promote]
19978 603 |
07:05, Feb-14-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 19:28, Feb-23-2017

Hello MIUIers, it's time for a new Tech Wednesday!
Smartphones are constantly being improved with great components which make their specs awesome. However, there still is a chapter that looks like it requires some innovative technology: smartphones' physical characteristics. You can see that the build quality, in many cases, is very good; but, when they fall on the ground... oops...well, you can imagine the results, despite the quality of the glasses and of the other materials employed.

So, why not use the hardest known material of the heart? It is made of carbon, like graphite, but with a different (instable) molecular structure. As said, it is higly hard (thanks to its structure); it is also resistant to incredible temperature, allowing to keep a low temperature of operation.

diamond-glass-4278-001.jpg

According to the CEO of a company that grows diamonds to use them in electronics fields, smartphones' screens made by diamond glass could be stronger and cleaner than any other devices you have ever used; and this could happen during this year! Probably you know that some smartphone (or part of it) is using sapphire crystal; but this one is still more fragile than diamond.

diamond-glass-4289-002.jpg

Obviously there are not only positive aspects: First and probably most important, for the moment, is the cost! Can you imagine how much would you have to spend for a smartphone with diamond glass screen which is able to resist eventual cracks and scratches?

Would you spend more money for a smartphone with diamond screen?

Sources: 1 , 2.

Related Threads:
[Tech Wednesday] Do You Think Tablets Have Degenerated Into Unnecessary Products?  
[Tech Wednesday] Custom ROM: Is it still necessary to install it today?  
[Tech Wednesday] Will Feature Phones Disappear Completely in the Future?

Pro side Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
If possible I would pay.
More
天经地米:
Gorilla Glass is the industry standard right now right? Well the indus...
duriduri320:
yes, I would. the Reason is, we can sell it after use... the price of ...
MiPenguin:
Hi, Screen protection is one of my main concerns. So yes, I would...
gwiezdnypotwor:
Why not
yangCRO:
if enough money why not :-)
yangCRO:
maybe yes if nt too expensive
sastro_kimpet:
never!!
1647202315:
I will
nVIDIA-PC:
Yes. Coz i heard it will cost same as that of moto's shatter glass.
Abhishekrazy:
definitely no
zact69:
If diamond screen is oleophobic and could withstand sunlight glare, I'...
sastro_kimpet:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
jaxus:
what its cost ?
jaxus:
of course no protectors needed !!
yangCRO:
nope-sir
czoper:
Would be nice Super, thx
czoper:
Would be nice
1649274216:
if possible i would pay more ....
Mr.cubix...:
Of course..if the price is affordable.
Mdn1198:
YES! if they will price it as same as general screens.
yangCRO:
absolutely
VikuBalupura:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
tsugan:
Give me two
kibria.mgk:
Well, this is the future. Though I wouldn't spend my money on this, bu...
dree2016:
Yes, if there is no other phone without the diamond screen. {:4_127:}
Broik:
acquired for the sake of interest
Tipher:
Yes,If it comes under 10k INR...LOL
Karnthang:
Yes, if the price is acceptable.
Ashiqmi:
Where there pervades an era of reducing cost of mobile devices, it can...
ThorstenD:
Sure --- I think we're basically talking about "glass" artificially ma...
Con side No, I wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t spend much more than now.
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I gue...
More

Favorite5 Share

Rated by 32 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

mohanprabhu88 + 1 Fantastic!
!Videx + 5 Awesome!
Sagar_Prasad + 10 + 3 Awesome!
desaparafusado + 1 Agreed!
Wolfi70 + 3 Fantastic!
czoper + 1 Thanks!
luppiespy + 2 Great!
ZZidane + 1 Awesome!
Zodiak90 + 1 Great!
15466112692 + 2 Great!
anton.sl + 1 Great!
muramasa13 + 1 Fantastic!
Raghav.Gowda + 2 Agreed!
blackfirefly434 + 10 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
Ashiqmi + 5 Fantastic!
MisterGebi + 1 Thanks!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Awesome!
vincent_khoo + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
TICU + 5 Fantastic!
Sujayb + 10 + 3 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
Kaushikkr + 5 Fantastic!
crossfire25 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
teejay456 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
Muhtady + 3 Fantastic!

Experience +168  Prestige +29  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.1.2.0.MAAMIDI
Online time
93 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeMi WiFiMi VR HeadsetMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Selfie StickYi Action CameraMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mijia Mi Bunny RobotFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Happy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Happy New YearMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI World TourSuper MondayPuzzle MasterSuper ThursdaySurge S110 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI FranceRocket to FutureSingapore Merlion MedalSuper FridayMIUI Weekly Poll5 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI Russia3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSuper TuesdaySuper WednesdayGamer Mi BunnyYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate Master

10:55, Feb-15-2017
|
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I guess it'll be a sapphire screen which is already in use (watches, camera protection glass) shares the same durability and not that expensive.

Mi Fan Club Bangladesh

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
242 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMi HomeMi Yi CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeYeelight Bedside LampYi Action CameraMi  BunnyMi Selfie StickUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMijia Story TellerMi Power StripMi Band 2Mi Water PurifierMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2016MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIRedmi Note 4Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 5Mi Max 2100K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1700K Forum Members1400K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI Weekly PollMIUI World TourDiwali 1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterWomen's Day MedalSuper TuesdaySuper MondayMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper WednesdaySurge S1Super ThursdayUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From Nepal3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsMi Live MedalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureI Love 2016Merry ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy New YearFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI ItalyGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News TeamAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfMr. DependableTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerInbox ZeroDebate Master

11:29, Feb-15-2017
|
If possible I would pay.

Comment

msalauddins And i will hijack your phone while i see you.. :)  12:18, Feb-15-2017

Super moderator

Love Others As You Love Yourse

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
2405 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi WiFi RouterMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power StripMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 2015MarshmallowMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6RedmiMi TVMi 4c900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersSuper Monday1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day1st AnniversaryMIUI Halloween500K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasSuper FridaySurge S11400K Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts1900K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Happy New YearI Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Poll1500K Forum Members1800K Forum Members1300K Forum MembersRocket to Future5 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamOff-Topic StarMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMr. Post the MostMIUI FollowerMi TalentDebate MasterMIUI Resources TeamHumor MasterMi Story TellerSuper ModeratorMIUI Wallpaper ContestMaster Of TechnologyMr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Lover MedalStar MIUI News Team MemberMIUI KingOff-Topic Talent

10:30, Feb-15-2017
|
No! Instead I would buy a diamond jewellery

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

bravonova + 10 Agreed!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VR HeadsetMi HeadphonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi WiFiMagic CubeMIUI 8MIUI 2016FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App InstallsDiwali MIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMi Live MedalI Love 2016Happy New Year1700K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Forum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalHumor MasterDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMi Story TellerAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruAndroid Guru

10:38, Feb-15-2017
|
Diamond.? Will it be so expensive.? I'll buy phone as it's main function, wich is suit with my need, and reasonable price.

Elite Member

JAI MATA DI

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
685 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi BandMi HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi WiFiMi HomeYi Action CameraMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power StripMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMi TV 70Mi Water PurifierMi Air PurifierUnlock MedalMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeMi KeyMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 8I Love MIUIFantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2016Redmi 3Redmi 2Redmi 3SRedmi NoteRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 3Mi Max Mi 4cXiaomi Mi 4Mi 5Fan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppDiwali MIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 6th Anniversary1700K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI PolandXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 300 Weeks2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BulgariaHilal Ramadan Super MondayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky FridaySuper TuesdaySuper Friday3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdaySingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1Women's Day Medal1500K Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI RussiaI Love 2016Pokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI Marathon MedalThanksgiving DayMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverApp TalentAndroid ElfHumor MasterMIUI KingMi Story TellerApp TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertApp StarYouth PledgeMaster Of TechnologyAndroid GuruRingtone Star MIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentInbox ZeroMIUI FollowerStar Of Technology

10:43, Feb-15-2017
|
Great technology thanks for sharing bro

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMIUI 8MIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterI Love 2016Scroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruAndroid Guru

10:45, Feb-15-2017
|
Very very very expensive. Collection goods

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMi 5Happy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI BangladeshPuzzle MasterMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI FranceUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomStar Of Technology

10:46, Feb-15-2017
|
Expensive lol

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.NAAMIEB
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power StripMi  BunnyMi Yi CameraAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMi 51500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMerry ChristmasMIUI World Tour2100K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersI Love 2016Happy New Year1 Million Forum App Installs5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's DaySuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalRooster Year of 2017Super ThursdayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017MiPopDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertDebate MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyTechnology Guru

10:48, Feb-15-2017
|
sorry sir
but the reality is that everyone wants a best phone in a cheapest price.
because majority is with medium class people.

Exploring MIUI.

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
Online time
434 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi  BunnyMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi TVRedmi 2Mi 4cMIUI Fan From VietnamDiwali 1800K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliOlympics MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 6th Anniversary1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper FridaySuper TuesdayRocket to FutureSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper MondaySuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017MIUI Drawing TalentHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan from IndiaGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatYouth PledgeAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMi TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid GuruMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI FB Follower

10:48, Feb-15-2017
|
No I won't buy one.

Use the reply button so that I get notified.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MXEMIDL
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi  BunnyMi BandMi VR HeadsetUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMijia Story TellerMi HeadphonesMi TV 70Mi Band 2Mi HomeMagic CubeI Love MIUIMIUI 8MarshmallowFlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3MIUI World TourMid-Autumn Festival700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum App1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalThanksgiving Day2100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's Day1500K Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollSurge S11 Million Forum App InstallsGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerMIUI KingApp StarApp TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerMaster Of Technology

11:00, Feb-15-2017
|
i dont think i will buy one..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list