Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
V8.0.12.0.MAHCNDI
Online time
480 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yeelight Bedside LampMi Water PurifierMi HeadphonesMi  BunnyMarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 7Mi 5s PlusMi TVMi 5 ProMi 4cFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Greece2100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From Indonesia1800K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From Nepal5 Million Forum PostsPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ExpertMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerApp StarTechnology GuruMr. DependableMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfMi TalentForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterDebate MasterYouth PledgeInbox ZeroAndroid Guru

[Tech Wednesday] [Tech Wednesday] Smartphone Screens Soon Made with Diamonds: Would You Buy One?

[ Promote]
19210 594 |
07:05, Feb-14-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 19:28, Feb-23-2017

Hello MIUIers, it's time for a new Tech Wednesday!
Smartphones are constantly being improved with great components which make their specs awesome. However, there still is a chapter that looks like it requires some innovative technology: smartphones' physical characteristics. You can see that the build quality, in many cases, is very good; but, when they fall on the ground... oops...well, you can imagine the results, despite the quality of the glasses and of the other materials employed.

So, why not use the hardest known material of the heart? It is made of carbon, like graphite, but with a different (instable) molecular structure. As said, it is higly hard (thanks to its structure); it is also resistant to incredible temperature, allowing to keep a low temperature of operation.

diamond-glass-4278-001.jpg

According to the CEO of a company that grows diamonds to use them in electronics fields, smartphones' screens made by diamond glass could be stronger and cleaner than any other devices you have ever used; and this could happen during this year! Probably you know that some smartphone (or part of it) is using sapphire crystal; but this one is still more fragile than diamond.

diamond-glass-4289-002.jpg

Obviously there are not only positive aspects: First and probably most important, for the moment, is the cost! Can you imagine how much would you have to spend for a smartphone with diamond glass screen which is able to resist eventual cracks and scratches?

Would you spend more money for a smartphone with diamond screen?

Sources: 1 , 2.

Related Threads:
[Tech Wednesday] Do You Think Tablets Have Degenerated Into Unnecessary Products?  
[Tech Wednesday] Custom ROM: Is it still necessary to install it today?  
[Tech Wednesday] Will Feature Phones Disappear Completely in the Future?

Pro side Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
If possible I would pay.
More
duriduri320:
yes, I would. the Reason is, we can sell it after use... the price of ...
MiPenguin:
Hi, Screen protection is one of my main concerns. So yes, I would...
gwiezdnypotwor:
Why not
yangCRO:
if enough money why not :-)
yangCRO:
maybe yes if nt too expensive
sastro_kimpet:
never!!
1647202315:
I will
nVIDIA-PC:
Yes. Coz i heard it will cost same as that of moto's shatter glass.
Abhishekrazy:
definitely no
zact69:
If diamond screen is oleophobic and could withstand sunlight glare, I'...
sastro_kimpet:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
jaxus:
what its cost ?
jaxus:
of course no protectors needed !!
yangCRO:
nope-sir
czoper:
Would be nice Super, thx
czoper:
Would be nice
1649274216:
if possible i would pay more ....
Mr.cubix...:
Of course..if the price is affordable.
Mdn1198:
YES! if they will price it as same as general screens.
yangCRO:
absolutely
VikuBalupura:
Yes, I would spend more for a diamond screen.
tsugan:
Give me two
kibria.mgk:
Well, this is the future. Though I wouldn't spend my money on this, bu...
dree2016:
Yes, if there is no other phone without the diamond screen. {:4_127:}
Broik:
acquired for the sake of interest
Tipher:
Yes,If it comes under 10k INR...LOL
Karnthang:
Yes, if the price is acceptable.
Ashiqmi:
Where there pervades an era of reducing cost of mobile devices, it can...
ThorstenD:
Sure --- I think we're basically talking about "glass" artificially ma...
Ashiqmi:
Interesting indeed! Most attractive part is a new innovation. Although...
Con side No, I wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t spend much more than now.
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I gue...
More

Favorite4 Share

Rated by 31 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

!Videx + 5 Awesome!
Sagar_Prasad + 10 + 3 Awesome!
desaparafusado + 1 Agreed!
Wolfi70 + 3 Fantastic!
czoper + 1 Thanks!
luppiespy + 2 Great!
ZZidane + 1 Awesome!
Zodiak90 + 1 Great!
15466112692 + 2 Great!
anton.sl + 1 Great!
muramasa13 + 1 Fantastic!
Raghav.Gowda + 2 Agreed!
blackfirefly434 + 10 Awesome!
alexomsk66 + 2 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
Ashiqmi + 5 Fantastic!
MisterGebi + 1 Thanks!
mnnahid + 10 + 3 Awesome!
vincent_khoo + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
TICU + 5 Fantastic!
Sujayb + 10 + 3 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
Kaushikkr + 5 Fantastic!
crossfire25 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
teejay456 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
Muhtady + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
prasadg83 + 3 Agreed!

Experience +167  Prestige +29  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
65 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMi VR HeadsetMi WiFiMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi HomeMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8MIUI 2016Fantastic!Mi 5MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017MIUI World TourHappy New YearSuper MondayMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomDebate Master

10:55, Feb-15-2017
|
If it's actually a diamond screen and insanely expensive, I wouldn't bother buying at all. But I guess it'll be a sapphire screen which is already in use (watches, camera protection glass) shares the same durability and not that expensive.

Mi Fan Club Bangladesh

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
217 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMi Band 2Mi Yi CameraMi Power StripMi Water PurifierUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeMi  BunnyMi Selfie StickYeelight Bedside LampMijia Story TellerYi Action CameraMIUI 2016Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 8Awesome!I Love MIUIXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 4Mi Max Mi 5Super MondayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaDiwali MIUI World TourMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Forum App1700K Forum Members1800K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1900K Forum MembersMIUI Monthly TalkI Love 2016Mi Live MedalMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 2017Merry Christmas1 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureHappy New Year3 Million Forum App Installs2100K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from India1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Lucky FridaySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI News TeamHumor MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruInbox ZeroMi Story TellerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMr. DependableMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerMi TalentForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI Fan

11:29, Feb-15-2017
|
If possible I would pay.

Comment

msalauddins And i will hijack your phone while i see you.. :)  12:18, Feb-15-2017

Super moderator

Love Others As You Love Yourse

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
2359 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power StripMi Band 2Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMIUI 6MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 7Fantastic!Mi TVRedmiMi 4cDiwali 1800K Forum MembersI Love 2016500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Poll800K Forum MembersMIUI 2017700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy DiwaliThanksgiving Day1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Singles' Day300K Forum MembersMIUI Halloween900K Forum MembersHappy New Year2100K Forum MembersMIUI 6th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum App1400K Forum Members1500K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum MembersMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMr. Post the MostMost Active MIUIerDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentYouth PledgeMaster Of TechnologyOff-Topic StarOff-Topic TalentMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorSuper ModeratorMi Lover MedalStar MIUI News Team MemberMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMr. DependableMi Story TellerMIUI Resources TeamHumor MasterMIUI King

10:30, Feb-15-2017
|
No! Instead I would buy a diamond jewellery

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

bravonova + 10 Agreed!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFiMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi VR HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH FlashholicMIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 8Mi Live Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 20161700K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollDiwali MIUI Forum AppMIUI World TourMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearHappy Valentine's Day3 Million Forum App InstallsAlpaca Mi Bunny Android ElfMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyForum Contest Lover

10:38, Feb-15-2017
|
Diamond.? Will it be so expensive.? I'll buy phone as it's main function, wich is suit with my need, and reasonable price.

Elite Member

JAI MATA DI

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
621 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Air PurifierMi Power StripMijia Story TellerYi Action CameraMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMi TV 70Mi HomeMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi WiFiAwesome!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 8Fantastic!FlashholicRedmi Note 2Mi Max Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 3Redmi 2Mi 4cRedmi 3SRedmi 3Mi 5Redmi Note1900K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI World TourHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From NepalOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan from India1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Poland3 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016Pokemon Master Medal2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan from TurkeyMerry ChristmasMIUI Monthly TalkHappy New YearMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI RussiaThanksgiving DayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing TalentFan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper MondayFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruApp TalentMi TalentApp TalentMaster Of TechnologyInbox ZeroMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerApp StarMi Story TellerRingtone Star Star Of TechnologyAndroid ElfHumor MasterAndroid GuruMIUI KingMi Lover Medal

10:43, Feb-15-2017
|
Great technology thanks for sharing bro

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8Happy New YearMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI World TourRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017I Love 2016Happy Valentine's DayMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruAndroid GuruScroll Of Wisdom

10:45, Feb-15-2017
|
Very very very expensive. Collection goods

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 8Mi 5MIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of Wisdom

10:46, Feb-15-2017
|
Expensive lol

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power StripI Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2016Awesome!Fantastic!Mi 5MIUI 2017Happy Valentine's Day1500K Forum Members1900K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMerry ChristmasMIUI World TourMiPopMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruTechnology Guru

10:48, Feb-15-2017
|
sorry sir
but the reality is that everyone wants a best phone in a cheapest price.
because majority is with medium class people.

MIUI Device Team

Exploring MIUI.

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
Online time
365 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi Selfie StickMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 7MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMi 4cMi TVRedmi 2MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From VietnamMid-Autumn FestivalOlympics MedalMIUI Fan from Malaysia1500K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Spain1400K Forum MembersMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliHappy Valentine's DayDiwali Fan Of MIUI IndiaGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyMi Story TellerMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomAndroid Guru

10:48, Feb-15-2017
|
No I won't buy one.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.0.2.0.KHJMIDG
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMi TV 70Unlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Story TellerMi BandMi  BunnyMi Selfie StickMi Band 2Mi HomeMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerFantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8FlashholicRedmi Note 3MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh1 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From Indonesia2100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMi Live Medal1800K Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks700K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Valentine's DayI Love 2016Rooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy DiwaliXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI Weekly Poll1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI World TourMIUI 6th AnniversaryGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterTechnology GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI KingMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMi TalentMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomApp TalentMi Lover MedalApp Star

11:00, Feb-15-2017
|
i dont think i will buy one..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list