Platinum Member

Happie To Help !

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
186 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016Mi 4iMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 Review2014 ChristmasMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesXiaomi 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruHumor MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum

[Tips & Tutorials] How To Fix Status 6 Error While Flashing Roms

[ Promote]
18338 2 |
03:36, Sep-28-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Rockstar_Spider at 19:37, Sep-27-2014

I assume at least half of Android users get Error status 6 while flashing ROMs. This can be explained in 2 reasons.

Number 1 :The developer of the ROM was too stupid to fix this mistake
                                                      or
Number 2 : You are tying to port a ROM and those errors come to you

So lets start fixing.

1.Extract the ROM. Open META-INF com google android and open with Notepad++updater-scipt.
2.Find the line called mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/some kind of Letters and Numbers ", "/system");
This command is telling the device to mount the system from a path. Each device has a different path.
The path is those some kind of letters and numbers up bellow.
Those numbers and letters are different for every device.
So maybe the letters are not correct and it can't find the path to mount the data.
3.What we need to do is change the path. For the path that is for your device.
Easiest way to do this is to find a ROM meant and tested for your device, open updater-script, got to the same line and replace the path.
Example change mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p25", "/system"); to mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p22", "/system");

4.You may also find these two lines
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/some kind of letters and numbers", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/some kind of letters and numbers", "/system");
The first line is telling the device to format the data.
The second line is telling the device to mount the data
The error is similar to the error up.
You need to change the path for the data
But the path for the data is different for the path for the system
So go to the same path on the ROM for your device and change the code
But remember the codes for the data and for the system are not the same.
Example Change format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p29", "0", "/system"); and
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p29", "/system"); to format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "/system");
And the errors should be fixed.

Favorite1 Share

Rated by 3 people   Experience Reason  

AilsaZ + 5 Thanks!
zardMi3 + 10 Awesome!
meredithhan + 10 Great!

Experience +25  View Rating Log

The Heart Breaker

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
1281 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterFlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI 2015I Love MIUIFantastic!Redmi 2Redmi 3MIUI Happy MedalHappy New YearMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali MIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy Diwali1 Million Forum Members900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App3500K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017MIUI 9I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackForum Contest LoverStar WarsXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi Story TellerMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone Star Youth PledgeMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerMr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruHumor MasterUpdates LoverInbox ZeroDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruRingtone Talent2017 Annual Awards

21:47, Nov-18-2015 | Via mobile
|
Thank you

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
19:06, Mar-27-2018 | Via mobile
|
I am also facing the same error.. tried what u asked but still same error.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list