[Chat] Can't activate Global Beta 8.11.29 Pocophone F1

[ Promote]
4806 28 |
03:56, Dec-05-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hello,

I wanted to used the Global Beta 8.11.29 for the Pocophone F1. I did a backup of all my data and just dragged the update into the internal storage. Then I updated the phone via the internal update screen. After the update I can't seem to set the phone up anymore. I logged into my MI-Account to unlock the phone, which worked just fine. However after connecting to my wifi it offeres 'copy apps & data'. I can chose 'don't copy'  or 'next'. In either case it takes me to a screen that says 'confirm your password' and offers a numerical keypad.

I don't know what password it wants from me??

I tried to enter my normal google password and even created an app-specific password (used the wifi password input to type and copy and paste it).
I also entered my MIUI password.

Non of my attemps worked to far and I couldn't find any solutions for that problem sofar.

Thanks for your help!!
Favorite Share

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
05:37, Dec-06-2018 | From PC
|

I was in the same situation when I was downgrade from 8.11.29 to 8.11.15 and I forgot first to turn of password in the security settings. And after downgrade I only have T9 keyboard to insert word password.
Here is solution:
WARNING: you will lost all data in the internal storage

-turn off the phone with power button
-Press and hold Volume Up + Power Button for about 10 seconds
-now you are in the recovery
-with Volume Down go to Wipe data and press power button (after is finish you will loose all data)
-with Volume Up go to Reboot and press Power button
-press and hold Power button and turn off phone
-this is crucial step, eject sim card from phone
-turn on phone with power button without sim card
-setup phone:))))
-insert sim card and you have phone again.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

mimimi_hh + 1 Awesome! Thank you soooo much!! I pretty

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 05:26, Dec-05-2018 | From PC
|
DSC_2774.JPG

Elite Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
356 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripI Love 201613 Million Forum MembersPOCO F1Updates Lover

05:31, Dec-05-2018 | From POCO F1
|
Try hong Kong region or India or Egypt. Some regions have different keyboards pre-installed might work

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 05:58, Dec-05-2018 | From PC
|
Already tried that. I can switch between the numbers and a full keyboard. However, i can't type and when I click the field it changes back to the numbers.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 22:22, Dec-05-2018 | From PC
|
bump.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

POCO F1

22:13, Dec-06-2018 | From PC
|

how did you solve this problem? i try to do it to, but everytime he want this number-password...

Gold Member

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
22:56, Dec-06-2018 | From PC
|
bojantanasic replied at 2018-12-6 05:37
I was in the same situation when I was downgrade from 8.11.29 to 8.11.15 and I forgot first to turn ...

did not work

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 23:27, Dec-06-2018 | From POCO F1
|
bojantanasic replied at 2018-12-6 05:37
I was in the same situation when I was downgrade from 8.11.29 to 8.11.15 and I forgot first to turn ...

when you whipe the device leave the Sim card in - then reboot to system and take it out before it reboots - don't connect to a network just do next - at some point it offers to setup a Lockscreen (this is where I set up a numerical code - then it tells you at the end that you didn't sign in with the last Google account and takes you to the beginning - then connect to WiFi in setup - and now enter your just setup code into the confirm password screen

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 23:45, Dec-06-2018 | From POCO F1
|
mimimi_hh replied at 2018-12-5 05:26

when you whipe the device leave the Sim card in - then reboot to system and take it out before it reboots - don't connect to a network just do next - at some point it offers to setup a Lockscreen (this is where I set up a numerical code - then it tells you at the end that you didn't sign in with the last Google account and takes you to the beginning - then connect to WiFi in setup - and now enter your just setup code into the confirm password screen

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list