This post was edited by 黃子强 at 09:15, Mar-30-2017 |
Last Update : Mar 29, 2017
- Fix some custom recovery set system file permission incorrectly when flashing.
Last Update : Mar 23, 2017 : This Fix/Mod works with the latest MIUI 8 MM v7.3.23 (Dev ROM) & v18.104.22.168 (Stable ROM).
*Previous Updates :
- Remove Chroma Flash feature, yellowish picture on some cases.
- This Fix/Mod should also works with MIUI LL ROM (MIUI 7 & 8) now. - Confirmed
- Camera Mod also works with Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (Kate) now.
- Added Enhance Lowlight Photos Automatically option.
- Exposure Time in Manual Mode is fully working now.
*Camera Mod* for MIUI Camera App : :
- 4K Video
- Manual Mode (Exposure Time, Focus, White Balance) without losing the Scene mode
- Square Mode
- Audio Focus Mode in Video
- Camera Torch capture
- Quick Snap Mode
- Burst Shoot Count One Time = 100
- Enhance Lowlight Photos Automatically
This Fix/Mod works on :
- Stable ROM : MIUI LL & MM : v7.x.x.0, v8.0.x.0, v22.214.171.124, v126.96.36.199, v188.8.131.52, v184.108.40.206, v220.127.116.11
- Developer ROM : MIUI LL & MM : v6.x,x, v7.1.x, 7.2.9, 7.2.16, 7.2.24, 7.3.2, 7.3.9, 7.3.16, 7.3.23
I like to share how I fixed missing 4G/LTE Setting on my Redmi Note 3 Pro (Kenzo).
Currently, I'm living in Indonesia and because of Indonesia government's rule regarding local content (TKDN), 4G option is disabled for Redmi Note 3 Pro (SnapDragon) / Kenzo, so it's not a bug!, lucky for us, there are many ways to fix this, and here is one I know and currently using, I hope it works for you.
Please be noted I will not take any responsibility for anything happened to your device.
What do you need:
- An unlocked Redmi Note 3 Pro Kenzo / Redmi Note 3 Special Edition Kate (You can follow this guide or this guide to unlock the bootloader)
- TWRP Recovery installed (I use ZCX TWRP)
- This file : 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_17xxxx_KENZO_KATE.zip'
- No Root needed (You DON'T need to root your phone to use this fix)
to view this thread.
VERY IMPORTANT !! BACKUP Boot, System & Data partition using TWRP to ext sd-cardIt's really a good habit to backup before flashing anything to your phone, personally i always backup using TWRP before flashing.
Please follow these steps to Install :
- Make sure you've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery.
- Copy 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_17xxxx_KENZO_KATE.zip' to your phone (skip this if you download the file using your phone).
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode. You can do this in two ways:
Method 1: Open ‘Updater’ and click the ‘…’ the icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
Method 2: Turn off your device and hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
- Backup Boot, System & Data partition.
Tap on Backup » and select Boot, System & Data check boxes and swipe on the Swipe to confirm option at the bottom of the screen to confirm backup.
- Install the Zip file:
Tap on Install » browse to the location where you saved the file and select the 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_17xxxx_KENZO_KATE.zip' file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.
- Reboot your phone (No need to wipe anything)
If you have problem with OTA-Update or problem updating to newer ROM via Updater App, you can undo this Fix/Mod by flashing 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_UNINSTALL_KENZO.zip
' or 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_UNINSTALL_KATE.zip
After updating the to the newer ROM, you can flash the Fix/Mod to gain back your 4G & Camera Mods.
to view this thread.
Most Frequently Asked Questions :
Q: Where is the download link?
A: The download linka are in the 1st post, you need to reply 1st to see these links.
Q: Why do i need to reply to see the download link?
A: This is just a way to bump this thread up, so it won't get lost in the deep of so many threads in MIUI forum, so this thread can be easily found by these who need it.
Q: Will my phone get bricked flashing this Fix/Mod?
A: Hmmm very unlikely, I've been using this Fix/Mod myself since Dec 2016, I update my ROM & flash this Fix/Mod every week, never got bootloop. Please backup your phone 1st via TWRP before flashing.
Q: How do I uninstall this Fix/Mod ?
A: Download the uninstaller for your phone, and flash it via TWRP.
Q: Is it possible to only flash/enable the camera mod without the LTE fix?
A: No, but don't worry about the 4G / LTE fix, it won't cause any problem even if you don't need it.
Try it and see for yourself, and if you don't like it, just download the uninstaller and flash it via TWRP.
Q: But I only need the 4G / LTE Fix, don't need these additional camera features ?
A: Easy, just flash 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_NO_Camera_Mod_17xxxx_KENZO.zip'
Q: Do I need to root my phone to use this Fix/Mod ?
A: NOPE, no need.
Q: But If my phone already rooted....is ok to flashing this file to fix 4G....?
A: Absolutely. This Fix/Mod doesn't need a rooted device, but it works just fine with rooted device.
Q: Do I need to flash the Fix/Mod again if I reboot my phone?
A: No, the 4G Fix & Camera Mod are permanent. You only need to flash the Fix/Mod again if you upgrade the ROM.
Q: Does this Fix/Mod works with xiaomi.eu ROMs?
A: Absolutely. I'm using xiaomi.eu ROM myself.
Q: Does this Fix/Mod works with MIUI LL (Lollipop) ROM?
A: Yes, this Fix/Mod works with MIUI LL & MM ROMs.
Q: I need the LTE Only mode..?
A: Easy. Go to 'Settings', 'About Phone', then tap the 'Internal Memory' 4 or 5 times, then select the 'Phone Information1' (Sim 1) or 'Phone Information2' (Sim 2), then find the 'Set Preferred Network Type', then select 'LTE Only'.
You can also punch '*#*#4636#*#*' in the Phone app to quickly enter the 'Phone Information' screen.
Please remember, phone call stop working if you set it to LTE Only, make sure you switch back to Prefer LTE after you're done using the 4G Data (unless you have 2 sim cards).
Q: Can I use this Fix/Mod on other devices?
A: I have no idea, I tried this Fix/Mod on Redmi Note 3 SnapDragon (Kenzo & Kate) only.
If you like to use this Fix/Mod on other devices, please let me know, maybe I can find some time to make it for you.
Q: May I share your Fix/Mod on my website?
A: Yes, of course. You may share my Fix/Mod in your web as long as you also put a link to my thread here (I put quite a lot of times tweaking & testing this Fix/Mod myself, so a link to my thread here in your website is a fair request).