Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI World TourMIUI 2017MIUI Font LoverSuper ThursdayRooster Year of 2017Super MondaySurge S1Super WednesdayHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy Medal500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rocket to FutureHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI 9Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruAndroid ElfYouth PledgePioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanTheme TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMi TalentDebate MasterMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertMi Lover Medal

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] FIX 4G/LTE Missing & 'Camera MOD' for Redmi Note 3 Kenzo/Kate MIUI 8 & 9

[ Promote]
283546 9157 |
23:39, Jan-12-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 12:44, Sep-22-2017

Hi Kenzo-ers,

Last Update : September 22, 2017 :
  • This Fix/Mod works with the latest MIUI 9 v7.9.21 & MIUI 8 v7.7.20 (Dev ROM) & v8.5.6.0 / v8.2.4.0 (Stable ROM).

*Previous Updates :
  • Now there are 2 versions of Fix/Mod (Stable ROM & Developer ROM).
    Developer (Dev) version has an additional feature 'advanced HDR' (Pro & Live for Camera & HDR for the Video Recording), unfortunatelly HDR mode in video recording is not really stable, if you like to use it, just remember to turn it off before switching to front camera or other camera mode.

People with Dev ROM can choose to use the Stable ROM Fix/Mod to get rid of the 'advance HDR', on the other hand, People with Stable ROM can choose to use the Dev ROM Fix/Mod to try the 'advance HDR' feature.
  • Add info on how to prevent Bootloop from flashing this Fix/Mod to the Q & A section (see the bottom of this post).
  • Add info regarding OTA-Update to the Q & A section.
  • This Fix/Mod works with MIUI LL MM ROM (MIUI 7, 8 & 9) now. - Confirmed
  • Camera Mod also works with Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (Kate) now. - Confirmed

This Fix/Mod works on (MIUI ROM, Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO) :
  • Stable ROM : MIUI LL & MM : 7.x.x.0, 8.0.x.0, 8.1.x.0, 8.2.1.0, 8.2.x.0, 8.5.1.0, 8.5.3.0, 8.5.6.0
  • Developer ROM : MIUI LL & MM : 6.x,x, 7.1.x, 7.2.x, 7.3.x, 7.4.x, 7.5.x, 7.6.x, 7.7.x, 7.8.x, 7.9.7, 7.9.14, 7.9.21

New features for MIUI Camera App :
  • 4K Video
  • Fully Working Manual Mode (Exposure Time, Focus, White Balance, ISO) without losing the Scene mode
  • Square Mode
  • Full Size Panorama
  • Audio Focus Mode in Video
  • Camera Torch capture
  • Quick Snap Mode
  • Age Stamp in Photo (Front Camera)
  • Mirror Front Camera
  • Burst Shoot Count One Time = 100
  • Enhance Lowlight Photos Automatically

If you have problems understanding this thread (English), try : https://translate.google.com/

I like to share how I fixed missing 4G/LTE Setting on my Redmi Note 3 Pro (Kenzo).

Currently, I'm living in Indonesia and because of Indonesia government's rule regarding local content (TKDN), 4G option is disabled for Redmi Note 3 Pro (SnapDragon)
/ Kenzo, so it's not a bug!, lucky for us, there are many ways to fix this, and here is one I know and currently using, I hope it works for you.

Please be noted I will not take any responsibility for anything happened to your device.

What do you need:
  • An unlocked Redmi Note 3 Pro Kenzo / Redmi Note 3 Special Edition Kate (You can follow this guide or this guide to unlock the bootloader)
  • TWRP Recovery installed (I use ZCX TWRP)
  • This file : 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_KENZO_KATE_17xxxx.zip (Stable ROM)' or 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_KENZO_KATE_17xxxx_Dev.zip (Developer ROM)' (You need to reply to see these links, come back here for download links after you reply)
  • No Root needed (You DON'T need to root your phone to use this fix)

Installer
  Please reply to view this thread.

VERY IMPORTANT !! BACKUP Boot, System & Data partition using TWRP to ext sd-cardIt's really a good habit to backup before flashing anything to your phone, personally i always backup using TWRP before flashing.

Please follow these steps to Install :
  • Make sure you've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery.
  • Copy 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_KENZO_KATE_17xxxx.zip' or 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_KENZO_KATE_17xxxx_Dev.zip' to your phone (skip this if you download the file using your phone).

• Boot into TWRP recovery mode. You can do this in two ways:
    Method 1: Open ‘Updater’ and click the ‘…’ the icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
    Method 2: Turn off your device and hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.

• Backup Boot, System & Data partition.
    Tap on Backup » and select Boot, System & Data check boxes and swipe on the Swipe to confirm option at the bottom of the screen to confirm backup.
  • Install the Zip file:
    Tap on Install » browse to the location where you saved the file and select the 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_KENZO_KATE_17xxxx.zip' or 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_Camera_Mod_KENZO_KATE_17xxxx_Dev.zip' file. Now at the bottom of the screen, do a swipe on the Swipe to confirm flash option to begin flashing.

• Reboot your phone (No need to wipe anything)

If you like to undo this Mod, download the Uninstaller below & flash via TWRP
(No need to restore from TWRP, the Uninstaller will do it perfectly and very much faster)

Uninstaller
  Please reply to view this thread.

Most Frequently Asked Questions :

Q: Will my phone get bricked / bootloop flashing this Fix/Mod?
A: Very unlikely, I've been using this Fix/Mod myself for quite some time now, I update my ROM & flash this Fix/Mod every week, never got bootloop, but...Please keep reading.

To help in preventing bootloop, please make sure you disable DM-Verity check from Advance Options / Settings of TWRP. I'm using ZCX TWRP and it has the option to disable DM-Verify, many others well-known TWRP also has the option to disable DM-Verify (see picture below).

TWRP 2 - Disable DM-Verify.jpg

If your TWRP doesn't have the option to disable DM-Verify, You can flash LazyFlasher (you can read more about LazyFlasher here) right after you flash the Fix/Mod (flash Fix/Mod, flash LazyFlasher, then boot) to help preventing bootloop (thanks to @MohamadReza91 & @Suspect008 to pointed this out).

Q: Where is the download link?
A: The download links are in the 1st post, you need to reply 1st to see these links.

Q: Why do i need to reply to see the download link?
A: This is just a way to bump this thread up, so it won't get lost in the deep of so many threads in MIUI forum, so this thread can be easily found by these who need it.

Q: How do I uninstall this Fix/Mod ?
A: Download the uninstaller for your phone, and flash it via TWRP.

Q: Can I Update via Ota-Update?
A: It really depends on what custom recovery you're using. Some custom recovery like ZCX TWRP support OTA-Update, but you need to follow some steps to enable the OTA-Update support. If you like to upgrade your ROM via OTA-Update, You need to flash the Uninstaller to undo this Mod.

For custom recovery that doesn't support OTA-Update, you can upgrade your ROM using Full recovery ROM or Fastboot ROM.

Q: Is it possible to only flash/enable the camera mod without the LTE fix?
A: No, but don't worry about the 4G / LTE fix, it won't cause any problem even if you don't need it.
Try it and see for yourself, and if you don't like it, just download the uninstaller and flash it via TWRP.

Q: But I only need the 4G / LTE Fix, don't need these additional camera features ?
A: Easy, just flash 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_NO_Camera_Mod_KENZO_17xxxx.zip (Stable ROM)' or 'HZQ_MIUI_Fix_4G_LTE_NO_Camera_Mod_KENZO_17xxxx_Dev (Developer ROM).zip'

Q: Do I need to root my phone to use this Fix/Mod ?
A: NOPE, no need.

Q: But If my phone already rooted....is ok to flashing this file to fix 4G....?
A: Absolutely. This Fix/Mod doesn't need a rooted device, but it works just fine with rooted device.

Q: Do I need to flash the Fix/Mod again if I reboot my phone?
A: No, the 4G Fix & Camera Mod are permanent. You only need to flash the Fix/Mod again if you upgrade the ROM.

Q: Does this Fix/Mod works with xiaomi.eu ROMs?
A: Absolutely. This Fix/Mod also works on other custom ROMs that are based on MIUI ROM (Xiaomi.eu ROM, MultiROM, Epic ROM, MIUIPRO, etc).

Q: Does this Fix/Mod works with MIUI LL (Lollipop) ROM?
A: Yes, this Fix/Mod works with MIUI LL & MM ROMs.

Q: I need the LTE Only mode..?
A: Easy. Go to 'Settings', 'About Phone', then tap the 'Internal Memory' 4 or 5 times, then select the 'Phone Information1' (Sim 1) or 'Phone Information2' (Sim 2), then find the 'Set Preferred Network Type', then select 'LTE Only'.

You can also punch '*#*#4636#*#*' in the Phone app to quickly enter  the 'Phone Information' screen.

Please remember, phone call stop working if you set it to LTE Only, make sure you switch back to Prefer LTE after you're done using the 4G Data (unless you have 2 sim cards).

Q: Can I use this Fix/Mod on other devices?
A: No, this is for Kenzo/Kate.

Q: May I share your Fix/Mod on my website?
A: Yes, of course. You may share my Fix/Mod in your web as long as you also put a link to my thread here (I put quite a lot of times tweaking & testing this Fix/Mod myself, so a link to my thread here in your website is a fair request).

KENZO_SS About Phone.jpg KENZO_SS Prefer LTE.jpg

Camera SS Modes - 01.png     Camera SS Modes - 02.png
Camera SS Manual - 01.png     Camera SS Manual - 03 Focus.png     Camera SS Manual - 02 WhiteBalance.png     Camera SS Manual - 04 Exposure.png Camera SS Torch.jpg Camera SS HDR Auto.jpg Camera SS Settings - 01.jpg Set_Preferred_Network_Type.jpg Set_Preferred_Network_Type_LTE_Only.jpg
Favorite595 Share

Rated by 67 people   Experience Reason  

Leeo69 + 1 Great!
罗马寇特 + 1 Great!
ReadOne_ + 1 Thanks!
1556969321 + 1 Great!
rodriguesm17 + 1 Great!
[ANV]127 + 1 Awesome!
world1508 + 1 Awesome!
3ALLAL + 2 Awesome!
Kimizuhara + 1 Great!
cse.sohel07 + 2 Fantastic! please make a camera mod only
huntchick + 1 Fantastic!
sahatmrt + 1 Great!
1691208651 + 1 Fantastic!
djarum13 + 5 Awesome!
Dasari5 + 2 Thanks!
Redmi2 + 1 Thanks!
Buddinverse + 1 nice 1!!
srspinto + 1 Great!
TheBj03rn + 1 Thanks!
versan2010 + 1 Great!
1596225176 + 2 Fantastic!
zimbahtiar + 1 Great!
buramoz + 1 Fantastic!
bluemeda + 1 Great!
Balaga + 1 Awesome!
350135 + 1 Great!
roviearo + 1 Thanks!

Experience +89  View Rating Log

RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 7.9.14 | ZCX TWRP  | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html | | Camera Mod: Redmi Note 4 Qual/4X / Redmi 4 / Prime / 4X / 4A

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HeadphonesMi Selfie StickMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI World TourMIUI 2017MIUI Font LoverSuper ThursdayRooster Year of 2017Super MondaySurge S1Super WednesdayHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy Medal500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Rocket to FutureHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI 9Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruAndroid ElfYouth PledgePioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanTheme TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMi TalentDebate MasterMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertMi Lover Medal

Author| 11:02, Apr-18-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 10:17, Apr-18-2017
mitegal replied at 2017-4-18 09:20
In version 140417, miui global stable. Reading mode doesn't work.

what ROM? which Fix? do you use custom kernel like Radon?

Read Mode works fine with both Fix/Mod in my Kenzo (xiaomi.eu rom 7.4.13)

RN3 Pro (Kenzo) xiaomi.eu 7.9.14 | ZCX TWRP  | 'RN3 PRO & SE' 4G Fix & Camera Mod: http://en.miui.com/thread-472731-1-1.html | | Camera Mod: Redmi Note 4 Qual/4X / Redmi 4 / Prime / 4X / 4A

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Author| 14:30, Jun-29-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 13:31, Jun-29-2017
rheezz replied at 2017-6-29 12:57
Well done, what happen if I change locale setting back to my country (indonesia)

No Problem, locale setting has nothing to do with losing 4G option.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
MIUI Version
Online time
24 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMijia VR Play 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerNinebot MiniMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!4 Million Forum MembersSurge S110 Million Forum Posts300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdaySuper SundaySuper MondaySuper SaturdayMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Forum AppMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9Ringolicious Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayPuzzle MasterI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master Indonesia Independence DayMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerStar Of Technology

05:35, Jun-12-2017 | From PC
|
Nice thread

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Author| 10:19, Apr-14-2017 | From APP
|
Bakwanreloaded replied at 2017-4-14 09:42
my LTE is gone, can i use this fix in EU ROM xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote3Pro_7.4.6_v8-6.0 ?

sure, i'm using exactly the same xiaomi. eu rom, look at my signature.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
08:56, Jan-13-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
|
Do i have unlock bootloader first..?

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
23:51, Jan-12-2017 | From PC
|
Share tutorial dong gan, sayang banget kan, hp bagus gak bisa 4G

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
MIUI Version
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuRedmi Note 4XSuper MondayRocket to FutureSuper ThursdaySuper SundayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI Russia300K Forum Members3500K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI PolandMIUI 9MiPopTechnology GuruApp TalentDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyMIUI KingMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomMi TalentAndroid GuruAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverOTA Feedback

00:34, Jan-13-2017 | From PC
|
hello bro, what miui version do u use?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Author| 00:38, Jan-13-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 08:17, Jan-13-2017
Arummanis replied at 2017-1-13 00:34
hello bro, what miui version do u use?

I'm using xiaomi.eu v7.1.5, but this fix also works for Official MIUI Rom (v6.12.29 / v7.1.5 and v8.1.4)

You can see the version of MIUI I'm using from the pictures attached.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MBEMIDL
Online time
32 Hours
Send PM
04:38, Jan-13-2017 | From PC
|
I think this enable 4k on camero, no?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Author| 07:37, Jan-13-2017 | From APP
|
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 08:17, Jan-13-2017
Posted by blondino95 at 04:38, Jan-13-2017
I think this enable 4k on camero, no?
Yes, it is

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
08:45, Jan-13-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
|
nice

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
87 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalAnTuTuDie-hard MIUI Fan

08:58, Jan-13-2017 | Via mobile
|
Nice good

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
314 Hours
Send PM

Author| 09:07, Jan-13-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by 黃子强 at 09:08, Jan-13-2017
djenggotpalsu replied at 2017-1-13 08:56
Do i have unlock bootloader first..?

Yes.
There are many threads on this Unlocking topic in MIUI forum.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list