Send PM

[Q & A] Miwifi router sending all requests to Baidu

[ Promote]
1265 5 |
20:40, Jan-11-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
I have two Xiaomi Miwifi 3 devices (the one with 4 antenna).

I noticed that the URL of every webpage I visit in a browser on my computer, tablet or phone is send to Baidu. Baidu indexes the URL, visits it.

Example:
  • When I visit   www.examplewebsite.net/examplepage.php
  • The router sends the request as normal via DNS to the site and page. So I get the page as normal in my browser.
  • But the router sends the same URL also to Baidu within the same second.
  • Afterwards Baidu is visiting the URL within 1 minute after the router has send it.

I researched this behaviour with an own site and page with trafficmonitoring and monitored the outgoing traffic of my internet connection/router

How can we switch off this behaviour in the Xiaomi routers.

And if not, is this a backdoor/security threat.
Favorite1 Share

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
15:36, Jan-13-2017 | From PC
|
it sounds awful @@

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Power StripMi HeadphonesYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi BandUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HomeMijia Story TellerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI 2016FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIMi Max Thanksgiving DayHappy New YearFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsPokemon Master Medal2100K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon Medal3 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016Mi Live MedalMIUI World TourMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalSuper ThursdaySuper SaturdayMIUI Forum AppRocket to Future300K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSurge S1MIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayHappy Valentine's DaySingapore Merlion MedalAlpaca Mi Bunny Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Scroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI KingDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDebate MasterForum Contest LoverAndroid Elf

17:32, Jan-19-2017 | From PC
|
was planning to buy this wifi router, can u post the log of your router?

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
13:42, Jan-20-2017 | Via mobile
|
and I bought it yesterday, if I know it earlier I wouldn't buy it,

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 00:36, Mar-04-2017 | From PC
|
I do not have a log. It seems to coincide with the function of malware control. You can access this function on the Miwifi app:

On iOS app:  Log in to app to your router. Go to Tab Plug-ins. Go to item Firewall. You can turn it off.  
When turned off, i looks like the Baidu check is not there anymore.

It looks like the same function that Chromebrowser has to Google: Safe browsing. And Internet explorer to Microsoft: SmartScreen filter.

Hope someone can clearify on this..

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Band 2I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 8Redmi Note 4Mi 5s4 Million Forum MembersMIUI 6th Anniversary10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum AppMid-Autumn FestivalDiwali 1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Lucky Friday3500K Forum MembersMIUI 9Happy New Year5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper TuesdayRocket to FutureMIUI 2017Super MondayMiPopI Love Mi BunnyStar Of TechnologyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryOTA FeedbackQuick SurveyDebate MasterMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerScroll Of Wisdom2017 Annual AwardsAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest Lover

16:07, Apr-05-2018 | From Mi 6
|
So, is there any update on this so far?

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list