MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
457 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power BankMagic CubeMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMi T-ShirtMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Band 2Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi KeyMi  BunnyYeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 7MarshmallowMIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi 4iRedmi 1SRedmi NoteMi NoteMi 4cRedmi 2Mi TVMi PadMIUI Fan From Singapore2014 ChristmasXiaomi 6th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayMIUI 91 Million Forum Members800K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI Bangladesh700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI Bulgaria1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI World TourI Love 2016MIUI 300 WeeksRooster Year of 20171800K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollHappy DiwaliHappy New YearDiwali MIUI Fan from MalaysiaSuper TuesdayMIUI 6th AnniversarySuper WednesdaySuper SundayMIUI Fan From VietnamUEFA EURO Medal300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI AustraliaHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaSuper FridayMIUI Fan From MyanmarPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI FranceMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI ExpertInbox ZeroAndroid GuruIndustrious ReporterYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomMr. DependableMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerMi Story TellerStar MIUI News Team MemberStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentRingtone Star Mi Bunny Game Master

[Mi Bunny Tips] [Mi Bunny Tips] 10 Must-Read Tips Before Taking Photos with Your Smartphone!

[ Promote]
44697 777 |
11:32, Jan-10-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 13:58, Feb-17-2017

Hello MIUIers,
A good photo is good photo no matter with what it was taken! Camera phones have some inherent strengths and weaknesses, and by emphasizing the good and downplaying the bad, you can take silence naysayers before they can get to the enter key. Here are some things to keep in mind when firing up the photo app on your Mobile.So if you wanna start capturing smartphone photos, get a pen and pad and prepare to take notes!

1. Use The Rule Of Thirds

Getting focus and exposure right is crucial in photography, but composition is equally important. Without good composition, your photo isn’t likely to be very eye-catching.The rule of thirds is one of the most useful composition techniques in photography. It’s an important concept to learn as it can be used in all types of photography to produce images which are more engaging and better balanced.The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, as shown below. You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet.

2. Be Ready

I always keep my phone in camera mode so that when I unlock it, it’s ready for taking pictures. A good moment is so easy to lose. There can be no excuses such as, “Oh, my phone is somewhere in my bag,” because we are talking about MOBILE photography. Your phone should always in hand.It may be an obvious thing to say, but nevertheless, you should remember to charge your phone and to keep your lens clean. I carry a charger with me most of the time to use if I’m having coffee in some nice cafe, but the charger won’t save me in the forest.
I also often switch my phone to airplane mode. Not only does it help save the phone’s battery, but it also eliminates distractions and forces you to focus on photography.

3. Keep Your Mobile Steady

Keeping your camera still is particularly important when taking photos in low light or at night. When you take a photo in these conditions, the Phone camera will need to use a slow shutter speed to allow more light to hit the sensor. The problem with this is that any movement of the camera will result in a blurred image.

When the photo is taken you won’t be touching the phone at all which means the camera will be perfectly still when you take the shot. This is taking things to extremes but could be useful in some very low light situations.

4. The Sunny 16 Rule

Let’s not forget that photography is all about using light. Even the most boring composition will be saved by the good light no matter if it’s a day or evening.The day light is always better. But best light condition are just after sunrise for 2 ours and just before sunset 2 hours. This perios is called as Golden Lights and photos are tend to come great.So keep that in mind.

5. Learn the Technical Peculiarities of Your Phone Camera

Find out the strong and weak sides of your phone. I know that my Phone isn’t good at night photography. The pictures are noisy and blurred. That’s why I try to use it only in the day time.Don’t be lazy, read the manual and make sure you’re using your phone in the most efficient circumstances. We may be self-confident and think that we know-it-all, but sometimes little tips in the manual can help us to improve our photos in a big way. Learn how you can control the exposure, or focus on the objects better.

6. Crop, Don't Zoom

I think this is the first step towards taking a bad smartphone picture. If you want to zoom in on something, use your legs and move! Don’t forget that this is just a phone, and its opportunities are not those of a DSLR lens. Unfortunately this is a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. In essence what happens with a digital zoom is that the image is cropped as you zoom in. This results in a noticeable loss in image quality the more you zoom in.If you want to take a photo of a far away subject, don’t use the zoom. Walk closer instead and use the camera as normal without any zoom. You’ll end up with a far better quality shot.Alternatively you can crop the image yourself in the editing process to bring the viewer closer to your subject. Cropping afterwards gives you more control over how much of the image you want to remove.

7. Use Leading Lines

Leading lines can be another very useful compositional tool. Using leading lines in a photo can help to focus the viewer’s eye on the main subject and lead the eye deeper into the image. It’s a simple technique that involves using vertical, horizontal or converging lines to focus attention on the subject of your image.n this example the converging lines of the railings on this diving platform in Salthill, Galway lead your eyes to the stairs that subsequently lead your view up to the figure silhouette against the sky.

8. Shoot From Different Perspectives

You should always look at alternative points of view when taking your photos at any location. Most beginners will take shots from a standing position, but the beauty of the Phone is that it’s so small and light it can be used in places that a bigger camera wouldn’t work.

ou should consider getting down low and shooting from ground level as in the example above. This technique is great for creating a unique view of your scene that people normally wouldn’t see from standing height.You could also try shooting from high up to get a bird’s eye view of your subject. In this example my son had just gotten his first hole-in-one in crazy golf. By shooting from directly above I was able to capture his happiness at his achievement while also showing the ball in the hole.

If I’d shot this from any other angle this wouldn’t have been possible. The advantage of digital photography is that you can take as many shots from as many different perspectives as you wish and then just delete the ones that didn’t work.

9. Create Sense of Depth

When photographing landscapes it really helps to create a sense of depth, in other words, make the viewer feel like they are therePlacing an object or person in the foreground helps give a sense of scale and emphasizes how far away the distance is. Use a tripod if possible, as a small aperture usually requires a slower shutter speed.

10. Use Simple Background

The simple approach is usually the best in digital photography, and you have to decide what needs to be in the shot, while not including anything that is a distraction. If possible, choose a plain background – in other words, neutral colors and simple patterns. You want the eye to be drawn to the focal point of the image rather than a patch of color or an odd building in the background. This is vital in a shot where the model is placed off center.

Single-option Poll, 1842 members voted
56.41% 1039
37.95% 699
5.65% 104
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite117 Share

Rated by 95 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Metal_MI + 1 Awesome!
Warwolfxxx + 1 Fantastic!
sanjaychaudhri + 1 LIKE
joej6 + 1 Thanks!
+79149618381 + 1 <font><font>Фантастика!</
Beraed + 1 Awesome!
Abhie131180 + 1 Agreed!
deksudi + 5 Fantastic!
Ashubariya + 1 Great!
Smietana + 5 Awesome!
SoNik+ + 1 Great!
+79251491968 + 1 Здорово!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Muhtady + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Camip + 1 Great!
ligora + 1 <font><font>Спасибо!</fon
KRparijat + 1 Thanks!
kr341d + 1 Thanks!
tranbaduy + 1 Awesome!
buch70 + 1 Fantastic!
navasiedoo + 1 Great!
PrinceRohit + 2 Thanks!
Balaga + 1 Awesome!
dark:Knight + 1 Awesome!
Prince26712 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
kryterss + 1 Thanks!
ezsubby + 1 Awesome!

Experience +251  Prestige +26  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
50 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 6 LaunchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMi NoteRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasSurge S1Happy Valentine's DayMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI ItalyI Love 2016Happy New YearMIUI Forum AppMIUI World TourPuzzle MasterRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI RussiaGamer Mi BunnyDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverMIUI KingUpdates LoverTechnology GuruAndroid GuruAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:25, Jan-10-2017 | From PC
|
nice tips, thank you for your work

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Sharing is Caring

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
756 Hours
Send PM

Mi Water PurifierMi  BunnyMi TV 70Mi Power StripMi VR HeadsetMagic CubeMi Selfie StickMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandYeelight Bedside LampUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!FlashholicMarshmallowMIUI 6MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 8Mi 4c4 Million Forum MembersRedmi 1SRedmi 2Redmi 3SMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics Medal100k Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI BangladeshDiwali Happy Diwali90000 Forum MembersMi Live Medal1800K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMid-Autumn FestivalThanksgiving DayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from Malaysia600K Forum Members500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 9700K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI HalloweenMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th Anniversary800K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan 1400K Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondaySuper TuesdayMIUI Fan From Nepal3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Monthly TalkRocket to FutureMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper SundayFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdaySuper FridayMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsSurge S13 Million Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSuper Thursday3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love 20162100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI World Tour1900K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Medals CollectorApp TalentMIUI G+ FollowerRingtone Star Mr. DependableMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerUpdates LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerInbox ZeroDebate MasterMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMost Active MIUIerMi Lover MedalMi TalentTheme TalentMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Popular Forum UserAndroid GuruMIUI KingPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterApp TalentDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:26, Jan-10-2017 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing the tips

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max
MIUI Version
Online time
55 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HomeMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 6MIUI 8I Love MIUIMi NoteMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 Weeks1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayMIUI 9MIUI Forum App3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 2017Happy DiwaliPuzzle Master3500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master

18:28, Jan-10-2017 | From Mi Max 32GB
|
nice tips

Comment

prasadg83 thanks  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 2017Happy New Year

18:29, Jan-10-2017 | From PC
|
i like tips, thank u

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year1700K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMi Lover Medal

18:40, Jan-10-2017 | From Mi 4c
|
nice tips..

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
1969 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Notebook AirMi VR HeadsetMijia Electric ScooterMi BandMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalMi KeyMi WiFiMi TV 70Mi Band 2Mijia Walkie TalkieMi MIXYi Action CameraMagic CubeMi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotMijia VR Play 2Mi HomeMi Power StripMijia Qi CycleMi Air PurifierMi Water PurifierMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerNinebot MiniMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Yi CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowFantastic!I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 2016AnTuTuMi 4cRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 2Redmi 2Redmi 3Mi 5 ProMi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi 5s Plus4 Million Forum MembersMi Note ProMi Pad 2Mi NoteRedmi 3SRedmi ProRedmi Note 4Mi 5sMi Max Mi 4SRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Mi PadRedmi NoteMi MIXMi 5Mi Note 2Fan Of MIUI SpainMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI ItalyFan Of MIUI Poland1900K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Live Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppMIUI Weekly Poll1 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI France10 Million Forum PostsHappy Holi Medal3 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving DayDiwali I Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalSuper ThursdaySuper WednesdayHappy New YearRooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 2017100k Forum Members300K Forum MembersRingolicious Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Font LoverSuper SundayMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersSurge S1Women's Day MedalMIUI Fan From NepalPuzzle MasterMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9Singapore Merlion Medal500K Forum MembersSuper Friday90000 Forum MembersSuper MondayRocket to FutureSuper TuesdayMIUI Happy MedalI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News TeamMIUI ReviewApp TalentUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyStar MIUI News Team MemberMi Lover MedalRingtone Star Most Popular Forum UserMi Bunny Game Master India Independence Day25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentAndroid ElfApp MasterHumor MasterMIUI ExpertMIUI KingApp StarMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerApp TalentAndroid GuruMi Story Teller

18:40, Jan-10-2017 | From PC
|
Awesome Thread
Yes, I take photos with my smartphone every day.       

QQ I'd 3268144046

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year

18:40, Jan-10-2017 | From PC
|
Great tips, I'll use them to take my pictures! Thanks very much!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky Friday3500K Forum MembersHappy New Year

18:44, Jan-10-2017 | From PC
|
I will try some like this

MIUI Photography Team

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
1139 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMijia Electric ScooterYeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMijia Story TellerXiaomi 6 LaunchMi TV 70Mi VRMi Band 2Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi  BunnyYi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Yi CameraMagic CubeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi VR HeadsetMi BandMi KeyMi WiFi Router MiniMi MIXMi Water PurifierMijia Walkie TalkieMi Bluetooth SpeakerNinebot MiniMijia Qi CycleMi Power StripMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMijia VR Play 2Mi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 7Fantastic!Mi TVMi MIXRedmi 3SMi 5s LaunchMi 54 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 3MIUI Weekly PollXiaomi 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI World Tour1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Forum AppOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From NepalSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From BrazilPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMalaysia AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Russia1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamDiwali 1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalMIUI Marathon MedalHappy DiwaliHappy New YearSuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalMIUI Font LoverSuper SundayRingolicious Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsRocket to Future2100K Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsHilal Ramadan Super ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th Anniversary800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 9MIUI Philippines Fan MeetupFan Of MIUI AustraliaFan Of MIUI Ukraine90000 Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI France3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeySuper Wednesday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 2017I Love 2016Merry ChristmasThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017Women's Day MedalPuzzle MasterSuper TuesdaySuper MondayFan Of MIUI BulgariaSurge S1Happy Valentine's DaySuper FridayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI ReviewYouth PledgeMi Story TellerMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruStar Of IconsMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI KingUpdates LoverMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeScroll Of WisdomMIUI Photography GuruMIUI ExpertApp TalentMIUI SuperstarMost Popular Forum UserMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterApp TalentForum Contest LoverStar Of TechnologyMi TalentAndroid ElfDebate MasterMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star MIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruInbox ZeroWallpaper StarMaster Of Technology

18:47, Jan-10-2017 | From Mi 5
|
Great tips and well explained...  Congrats

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list