Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
439 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi WiFi Router MiniMi T-ShirtMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetYeelight Bedside LampMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerUnlock MedalMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMi KeyMi BandMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 6MIUI 7Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowRedmi NoteRedmi 1SMi 4cMi NoteMi PadMi TVMi 4iRedmi 2MIUI Fan from IndiaSuper Wednesday1 Million Forum Members800K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI World TourMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI RussiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI FranceXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanSuper FridayMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Happy Medal700K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 300 WeeksPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersI Love 2016Super SundayHappy DiwaliDiwali 1800K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 2017Happy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI 100 Million Users2014 ChristmasXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureUEFA EURO MedalRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From VietnamHappy New YearSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI News TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerIndustrious ReporterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatYouth PledgeMr. DependableStar Of TechnologyRingtone Star MIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruInbox ZeroMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMi TalentUpdates LoverHumor MasterMi Bunny Game Master Star MIUI News Team MemberOTA Feedback

[Mi Bunny Tips] [Mi Bunny Tips] 10 Must-Read Tips Before Taking Photos with Your Smartphone!

[ Promote]
37119 677 |
11:32, Jan-10-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 13:58, Feb-17-2017

Hello MIUIers,
A good photo is good photo no matter with what it was taken! Camera phones have some inherent strengths and weaknesses, and by emphasizing the good and downplaying the bad, you can take silence naysayers before they can get to the enter key. Here are some things to keep in mind when firing up the photo app on your Mobile.So if you wanna start capturing smartphone photos, get a pen and pad and prepare to take notes!

1. Use The Rule Of Thirds

Getting focus and exposure right is crucial in photography, but composition is equally important. Without good composition, your photo isn’t likely to be very eye-catching.The rule of thirds is one of the most useful composition techniques in photography. It’s an important concept to learn as it can be used in all types of photography to produce images which are more engaging and better balanced.The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, as shown below. You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet.

2. Be Ready

I always keep my phone in camera mode so that when I unlock it, it’s ready for taking pictures. A good moment is so easy to lose. There can be no excuses such as, “Oh, my phone is somewhere in my bag,” because we are talking about MOBILE photography. Your phone should always in hand.It may be an obvious thing to say, but nevertheless, you should remember to charge your phone and to keep your lens clean. I carry a charger with me most of the time to use if I’m having coffee in some nice cafe, but the charger won’t save me in the forest.
I also often switch my phone to airplane mode. Not only does it help save the phone’s battery, but it also eliminates distractions and forces you to focus on photography.

3. Keep Your Mobile Steady

Keeping your camera still is particularly important when taking photos in low light or at night. When you take a photo in these conditions, the Phone camera will need to use a slow shutter speed to allow more light to hit the sensor. The problem with this is that any movement of the camera will result in a blurred image.

When the photo is taken you won’t be touching the phone at all which means the camera will be perfectly still when you take the shot. This is taking things to extremes but could be useful in some very low light situations.

4. The Sunny 16 Rule

Let’s not forget that photography is all about using light. Even the most boring composition will be saved by the good light no matter if it’s a day or evening.The day light is always better. But best light condition are just after sunrise for 2 ours and just before sunset 2 hours. This perios is called as Golden Lights and photos are tend to come great.So keep that in mind.

5. Learn the Technical Peculiarities of Your Phone Camera

Find out the strong and weak sides of your phone. I know that my Phone isn’t good at night photography. The pictures are noisy and blurred. That’s why I try to use it only in the day time.Don’t be lazy, read the manual and make sure you’re using your phone in the most efficient circumstances. We may be self-confident and think that we know-it-all, but sometimes little tips in the manual can help us to improve our photos in a big way. Learn how you can control the exposure, or focus on the objects better.

6. Crop, Don't Zoom

I think this is the first step towards taking a bad smartphone picture. If you want to zoom in on something, use your legs and move! Don’t forget that this is just a phone, and its opportunities are not those of a DSLR lens. Unfortunately this is a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. In essence what happens with a digital zoom is that the image is cropped as you zoom in. This results in a noticeable loss in image quality the more you zoom in.If you want to take a photo of a far away subject, don’t use the zoom. Walk closer instead and use the camera as normal without any zoom. You’ll end up with a far better quality shot.Alternatively you can crop the image yourself in the editing process to bring the viewer closer to your subject. Cropping afterwards gives you more control over how much of the image you want to remove.

7. Use Leading Lines

Leading lines can be another very useful compositional tool. Using leading lines in a photo can help to focus the viewer’s eye on the main subject and lead the eye deeper into the image. It’s a simple technique that involves using vertical, horizontal or converging lines to focus attention on the subject of your image.n this example the converging lines of the railings on this diving platform in Salthill, Galway lead your eyes to the stairs that subsequently lead your view up to the figure silhouette against the sky.

8. Shoot From Different Perspectives

You should always look at alternative points of view when taking your photos at any location. Most beginners will take shots from a standing position, but the beauty of the Phone is that it’s so small and light it can be used in places that a bigger camera wouldn’t work.

ou should consider getting down low and shooting from ground level as in the example above. This technique is great for creating a unique view of your scene that people normally wouldn’t see from standing height.You could also try shooting from high up to get a bird’s eye view of your subject. In this example my son had just gotten his first hole-in-one in crazy golf. By shooting from directly above I was able to capture his happiness at his achievement while also showing the ball in the hole.

If I’d shot this from any other angle this wouldn’t have been possible. The advantage of digital photography is that you can take as many shots from as many different perspectives as you wish and then just delete the ones that didn’t work.

9. Create Sense of Depth

When photographing landscapes it really helps to create a sense of depth, in other words, make the viewer feel like they are therePlacing an object or person in the foreground helps give a sense of scale and emphasizes how far away the distance is. Use a tripod if possible, as a small aperture usually requires a slower shutter speed.

10. Use Simple Background

The simple approach is usually the best in digital photography, and you have to decide what needs to be in the shot, while not including anything that is a distraction. If possible, choose a plain background – in other words, neutral colors and simple patterns. You want the eye to be drawn to the focal point of the image rather than a patch of color or an odd building in the background. This is vital in a shot where the model is placed off center.

Single-option Poll, 1521 members voted
56.94% 866
38.00% 578
5.06% 77
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite78 Share

Rated by 94 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Warwolfxxx + 1 Fantastic!
sanjaychaudhri + 1 LIKE
joej6 + 1 Thanks!
+79149618381 + 1 <font><font>Фантастика!</
Beraed + 1 Awesome!
Abhie131180 + 1 Agreed!
deksudi + 5 Fantastic!
Ashubariya + 1 Great!
Smietana + 5 Awesome!
SoNik+ + 1 Great!
+79251491968 + 1 Здорово!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Muhtady + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Camip + 1 Great!
ligora + 1 <font><font>Спасибо!</fon
KRparijat + 1 Thanks!
kr341d + 1 Thanks!
tranbaduy + 1 Awesome!
buch70 + 1 Fantastic!
navasiedoo + 1 Great!
PrinceRohit + 2 Thanks!
Balaga + 1 Awesome!
dark:Knight + 1 Awesome!
Prince26712 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
kryterss + 1 Thanks!
ezsubby + 1 Awesome!
pctechnikos + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +250  Prestige +26  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMi NoteMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI ItalyMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017MIUI Drawing TalentMIUI 2017Happy New YearRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI RussiaPuzzle MasterSurge S1I Love 2016MIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruStar Of Technology

18:25, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips, thank you for your work

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Sharing is Caring

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
644 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi TV 70Magic CubeMi Power StripMi Selfie StickMi Water PurifierMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetYeelight Bedside LampMi WiFi RouterMi HeadphonesMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 6MIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI 2016FlashholicI Love MIUIFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestRedmi 3SRedmi 1SRedmi 2Mi 4cSuper ThursdayHilal Ramadan 5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Happy Medal1 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterMIUI Forum App1700K Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsMid-Autumn Festival3 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving DayOlympics MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Halloween500K Forum Members600K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Font LoverSuper SundayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Russia800K Forum Members1500K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Holi Medal700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversarySuper FridayUEFA EURO MedalSuper MondayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Marathon MedalRocket to Future2100K Forum MembersMIUI World TourI Love 20161400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyWomen's Day MedalMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Lucky Friday1900K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Mi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkSurge S1Diwali Super TuesdayHappy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper WednesdayHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly PollSummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI ExpertRingtone Star Forum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorApp TalentScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyYouth PledgeMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerMi Bunny Game Master App TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroDebate MasterMi TalentAndroid Guru

18:26, Jan-10-2017
|
Thanks for sharing the tips

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max
MIUI Version
Online time
55 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Unlock MedalMi HomeMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi NoteMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 2017Thanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's Day3 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle Master1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMIUI Forum AppSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master

18:28, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips

Comment

prasadg83 thanks  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 2017Happy New Year

18:29, Jan-10-2017
|
i like tips, thank u

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year1700K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMi Lover Medal

18:40, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips..

Intern Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MALMIDL
Online time
1012 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi WiFiMi Air PurifierYi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi KeyMagic CubeMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Yi CameraUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Band 2Mi Notebook AirMijia Story TellerMi BandMi VR HeadsetMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi TV 70Mi Power StripMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Water PurifierMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 8Fantastic!AnTuTuMIUI 2016FlashholicI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestXiaomi Mi 4Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 5s PlusRedmi 1SRedmi Note 2Redmi 2Mi Note ProMi NoteMi 5sRedmi Note 4Redmi 3Redmi Note 3Mi 4SMi Pad 2Mi Max Redmi ProRedmi 3SMi 5 ProMi 4cMi 5Mi Note 2Mi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi MIXFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love 20162100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMid-Autumn FestivalDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI Fan From Indonesia1 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI FranceThanksgiving DaySuper ThursdaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper FridaySurge S1MIUI Fan From Nepal3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSuper TuesdayRocket to FutureMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI BangladeshMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper MondaySuper WednesdayWomen's Day Medal1800K Forum MembersMIUI Drawing Talent3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan from Malaysia5 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Monthly TalkRingolicious MedalSuper SundayMIUI Font LoverHappy Holi MedalMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Happy New YearMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from India300K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalI Love Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyStar MIUI News Team MemberMaster Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI KingApp StarMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeRingtone Star MIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertApp TalentForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfDebate MasterApp MasterMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid GuruApp TalentHumor MasterMi Talent

|
Awesome Thread
Yes, I take photos with my smartphone every day.       

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year

|
Great tips, I'll use them to take my pictures! Thanks very much!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI Lucky Friday

18:44, Jan-10-2017
|
I will try some like this

MIUI Photography Team

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
870 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMi Power StripMi Water PurifierMi WiFi Router MiniYi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMagic CubeMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMijia Story TellerMi BandMi HomeMi  BunnyYeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth SpeakerUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi KeyMi TV 70Mi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi MIXMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 2016MIUI 7Awesome!FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 8Redmi Note 2Redmi Note 3Mi 5s LaunchMi MIXRedmi 3SMi TVMi 5MIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI RussiaDiwali Happy DiwaliHappy Holi Medal1800K Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum Members1400K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From VietnamPokemon Master MedalRingolicious MedalMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMalaysia AnniversaryFan Of MIUI PolandSuper SaturdaySuper SundayMIUI Font LoverOlympics MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI World Tour3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Drawing TalentFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from Turkey300K Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI BulgariaSuper FridayWomen's Day MedalSurge S1Puzzle MasterSuper TuesdaySuper Wednesday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI FranceSuper MondayThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum App Installs800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Spain1900K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalHilal Ramadan I Love 2016MIUI Marathon MedalSuper Thursday2100K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorYouth PledgeTechnology GuruStar Of IconsMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterMIUI KingApp TalentMIUI FB FollowerMIUI ExpertApp TalentMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI Photography GuruInbox ZeroWallpaper StarAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentForum Contest LoverMaster Of TechnologyAndroid GuruRingtone Star Mi Story TellerStar Of Technology

18:47, Jan-10-2017
|
Great tips and well explained...  Congrats

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list