Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
429 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi In-Ear HeadphonesYeelight Bedside LampMi VR HeadsetUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power BankMi Selfie StickMi T-ShirtMi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMagic CubeMi KeyMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi RouterAwesome!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI 6MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 7MarshmallowMi PadMi 4iRedmi 2Redmi NoteMi 4cRedmi 1SMi NoteMi TVMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy New YearMIUI 5th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017700K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love 2016800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BulgariaThanksgiving DayMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI FranceXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersRocket to FutureSuper FridayHilal Ramadan MIUI World TourFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanSuper TuesdayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Poll1800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamDiwali UEFA EURO MedalHappy Valentine's Day1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From Singapore2014 ChristmasMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfIndustrious ReporterYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerRingtone Star Master Of TechnologyMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableAndroid GuruInbox ZeroMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMi TalentUpdates LoverHumor MasterMi Bunny Game Master Star MIUI News Team MemberOTA Feedback

[Mi Bunny Tips] [Mi Bunny Tips] 10 Must-Read Tips Before Taking Photos with Your Smartphone!

[ Promote]
35183 620 |
11:32, Jan-10-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 13:58, Feb-17-2017

Hello MIUIers,
A good photo is good photo no matter with what it was taken! Camera phones have some inherent strengths and weaknesses, and by emphasizing the good and downplaying the bad, you can take silence naysayers before they can get to the enter key. Here are some things to keep in mind when firing up the photo app on your Mobile.So if you wanna start capturing smartphone photos, get a pen and pad and prepare to take notes!

1. Use The Rule Of Thirds

Getting focus and exposure right is crucial in photography, but composition is equally important. Without good composition, your photo isn’t likely to be very eye-catching.The rule of thirds is one of the most useful composition techniques in photography. It’s an important concept to learn as it can be used in all types of photography to produce images which are more engaging and better balanced.The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, as shown below. You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet.

2. Be Ready

I always keep my phone in camera mode so that when I unlock it, it’s ready for taking pictures. A good moment is so easy to lose. There can be no excuses such as, “Oh, my phone is somewhere in my bag,” because we are talking about MOBILE photography. Your phone should always in hand.It may be an obvious thing to say, but nevertheless, you should remember to charge your phone and to keep your lens clean. I carry a charger with me most of the time to use if I’m having coffee in some nice cafe, but the charger won’t save me in the forest.
I also often switch my phone to airplane mode. Not only does it help save the phone’s battery, but it also eliminates distractions and forces you to focus on photography.

3. Keep Your Mobile Steady

Keeping your camera still is particularly important when taking photos in low light or at night. When you take a photo in these conditions, the Phone camera will need to use a slow shutter speed to allow more light to hit the sensor. The problem with this is that any movement of the camera will result in a blurred image.

When the photo is taken you won’t be touching the phone at all which means the camera will be perfectly still when you take the shot. This is taking things to extremes but could be useful in some very low light situations.

4. The Sunny 16 Rule

Let’s not forget that photography is all about using light. Even the most boring composition will be saved by the good light no matter if it’s a day or evening.The day light is always better. But best light condition are just after sunrise for 2 ours and just before sunset 2 hours. This perios is called as Golden Lights and photos are tend to come great.So keep that in mind.

5. Learn the Technical Peculiarities of Your Phone Camera

Find out the strong and weak sides of your phone. I know that my Phone isn’t good at night photography. The pictures are noisy and blurred. That’s why I try to use it only in the day time.Don’t be lazy, read the manual and make sure you’re using your phone in the most efficient circumstances. We may be self-confident and think that we know-it-all, but sometimes little tips in the manual can help us to improve our photos in a big way. Learn how you can control the exposure, or focus on the objects better.

6. Crop, Don't Zoom

I think this is the first step towards taking a bad smartphone picture. If you want to zoom in on something, use your legs and move! Don’t forget that this is just a phone, and its opportunities are not those of a DSLR lens. Unfortunately this is a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. In essence what happens with a digital zoom is that the image is cropped as you zoom in. This results in a noticeable loss in image quality the more you zoom in.If you want to take a photo of a far away subject, don’t use the zoom. Walk closer instead and use the camera as normal without any zoom. You’ll end up with a far better quality shot.Alternatively you can crop the image yourself in the editing process to bring the viewer closer to your subject. Cropping afterwards gives you more control over how much of the image you want to remove.

7. Use Leading Lines

Leading lines can be another very useful compositional tool. Using leading lines in a photo can help to focus the viewer’s eye on the main subject and lead the eye deeper into the image. It’s a simple technique that involves using vertical, horizontal or converging lines to focus attention on the subject of your image.n this example the converging lines of the railings on this diving platform in Salthill, Galway lead your eyes to the stairs that subsequently lead your view up to the figure silhouette against the sky.

8. Shoot From Different Perspectives

You should always look at alternative points of view when taking your photos at any location. Most beginners will take shots from a standing position, but the beauty of the Phone is that it’s so small and light it can be used in places that a bigger camera wouldn’t work.

ou should consider getting down low and shooting from ground level as in the example above. This technique is great for creating a unique view of your scene that people normally wouldn’t see from standing height.You could also try shooting from high up to get a bird’s eye view of your subject. In this example my son had just gotten his first hole-in-one in crazy golf. By shooting from directly above I was able to capture his happiness at his achievement while also showing the ball in the hole.

If I’d shot this from any other angle this wouldn’t have been possible. The advantage of digital photography is that you can take as many shots from as many different perspectives as you wish and then just delete the ones that didn’t work.

9. Create Sense of Depth

When photographing landscapes it really helps to create a sense of depth, in other words, make the viewer feel like they are therePlacing an object or person in the foreground helps give a sense of scale and emphasizes how far away the distance is. Use a tripod if possible, as a small aperture usually requires a slower shutter speed.

10. Use Simple Background

The simple approach is usually the best in digital photography, and you have to decide what needs to be in the shot, while not including anything that is a distraction. If possible, choose a plain background – in other words, neutral colors and simple patterns. You want the eye to be drawn to the focal point of the image rather than a patch of color or an odd building in the background. This is vital in a shot where the model is placed off center.

Single-option Poll, 1388 members voted
56.63% 786
38.33% 532
5.04% 70
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite67 Share

Rated by 93 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

sanjaychaudhri + 1 LIKE
joej6 + 1 Thanks!
+79149618381 + 1 <font><font>Фантастика!</
Beraed + 1 Awesome!
Abhie131180 + 1 Agreed!
deksudi + 5 Fantastic!
Ashubariya + 1 Great!
Smietana + 5 Awesome!
SoNik+ + 1 Great!
+79251491968 + 1 Здорово!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Muhtady + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Camip + 1 Great!
ligora + 1 <font><font>Спасибо!</fon
KRparijat + 1 Thanks!
kr341d + 1 Thanks!
tranbaduy + 1 Awesome!
buch70 + 1 Fantastic!
navasiedoo + 1 Great!
PrinceRohit + 2 Thanks!
Balaga + 1 Awesome!
dark:Knight + 1 Awesome!
Prince26712 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
kryterss + 1 Thanks!
ezsubby + 1 Awesome!
pctechnikos + 1 Fantastic!
dcevedo + 1 Great!

Experience +249  Prestige +26  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi NoteMIUI Drawing TalentFan Of MIUI RussiaRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasHappy New YearI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 2017Surge S1Happy Valentine's DayPuzzle MasterUpdates LoverMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of Technology

18:25, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips, thank you for your work

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Sharing is Caring

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
600 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi Power StripMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi BandYeelight Bedside LampMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 6MarshmallowRedmi 2Redmi 1SMi 4cRedmi 3SMIUI 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Happy MedalHilal Ramadan Super FridayHappy New YearOlympics MedalMerry Christmas1700K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Mid-Autumn FestivalSuper ThursdayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 300 Weeks1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 5th Anniversary800K Forum MembersSuper MondayMIUI Lucky Friday700K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryPuzzle MasterMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from Malaysia3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Weekly Poll500K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 100 Million UsersI Love 2016Women's Day MedalHappy Valentine's DaySuper WednesdaySurge S12100K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI ItalyDiwali 600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live Medal1400K Forum MembersSuper Tuesday1800K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Fan From Indonesia1900K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI G+ FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanApp TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerMr. DependableMi Story TellerAndroid GuruYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI ExpertApp TalentStar Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI FollowerDebate MasterInbox ZeroTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master

18:26, Jan-10-2017
|
Thanks for sharing the tips

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max
MIUI Version
Online time
54 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi HomeMIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI 6I Love MIUIMi NoteMIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI 2017Thanksgiving DayMIUI 300 Weeks3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterHappy DiwaliMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master Mi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverUpdates Lover

18:28, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips

Comment

prasadg83 thanks  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 2017Happy New Year

18:29, Jan-10-2017
|
i like tips, thank u

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

1700K Forum MembersHappy New YearGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruForum Contest Lover

18:40, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips..

MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MALMIDI
Online time
845 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Magic CubeMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Notebook AirMi Band 2Mi WiFiMi Selfie StickMi HeadphonesYi Action CameraMi MIXMi KeyMijia Story TellerMi Power StripMi  BunnyMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Water PurifierMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Yi CameraMi Air PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandMIUI 8Awesome!FlashholicMarshmallowMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIMi 5s PlusRedmi NoteMi PadRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Mi 5sRedmi 3SMi 4SMi Max Mi NoteRedmi ProRedmi Note 4Redmi 3Mi 5 ProMi 5Mi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi Note ProMi Note 2Mi Pad 2Mi MIXRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Mi 4cRedmi Note 3Fan Of MIUI Poland1 Million Forum App Installs1900K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI BangladeshMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayDiwali I Love 2016Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMid-Autumn Festival2100K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalSingapore Merlion MedalSuper FridaySuper TuesdaySurge S1MIUI Fan From NepalWomen's Day MedalMIUI Drawing TalentPuzzle MasterRocket to FutureSuper MondayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017Happy New YearMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017Super Wednesday1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Live MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI FranceMIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Happy MedalSuper ThursdayI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News TeamUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeScroll Of WisdomStar MIUI News Team MemberInbox ZeroDebate MasterApp MasterHumor MasterForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Story TellerMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerApp TalentAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalApp StarMIUI KingMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorApp TalentMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI Fan

|
Awesome Thread
Yes, I take photos with my smartphone every day.       

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year

|
Great tips, I'll use them to take my pictures! Thanks very much!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI Lucky Friday

18:44, Jan-10-2017
|
I will try some like this

MIUI Photography Team

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
811 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi VR HeadsetMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Water PurifierMi Power StripMi TV 70Mi BandMijia Story TellerMi Yi CameraYi Action CameraMi HomeMi KeyYeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMagic CubeFlashholicMIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7I Love MIUIRedmi Note 2Mi 5Mi MIXRedmi 3SMi TVMi 5s LaunchRedmi Note 3Happy Diwali1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Russia1700K Forum MembersDiwali 1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI GreeceSingapore BirthdayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalUEFA EURO MedalMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BulgariaSuper MondaySuper TuesdaySuper FridayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky FridayRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Drawing TalentSurge S1Puzzle Master3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalySuper ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI France800K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdayMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Weekly PollHilal Ramadan MIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Fan From Singapore1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Spain2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Thanksgiving DayHappy New YearMIUI 2017Merry Christmas1 Million Forum App InstallsAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMaster Of TechnologyHumor MasterMIUI KingApp TalentMIUI FB FollowerMIUI ExpertApp TalentMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentForum Contest LoverWallpaper StarAndroid GuruRingtone Star Mi Story TellerStar Of Technology

18:47, Jan-10-2017
|
Great tips and well explained...  Congrats

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list