Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
418 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi WiFi Router MiniMi KeyMi Band 2Mi HomeMi Selfie StickMi WiFi RouterMi VR HeadsetMi T-ShirtMIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI 6MarshmallowRedmi NoteMi TVRedmi 1SMi NoteMi 4cRedmi 2Mi PadMi 4iMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI India700K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly PollDiwali 1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1400K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI World TourRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017Happy New YearMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalMerry ChristmasGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI News TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanStar MIUI News Team MemberYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerRingtone Star Mi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableIndustrious ReporterAndroid GuruMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMi TalentUpdates LoverInbox ZeroHumor MasterMi Bunny Game Master OTA Feedback

[Mi Bunny Tips] [Mi Bunny Tips] 10 Must-Read Tips Before Taking Photos with Your Smartphone!

[ Promote]
31824 591 |
11:32, Jan-10-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 13:58, Feb-17-2017

Hello MIUIers,
A good photo is good photo no matter with what it was taken! Camera phones have some inherent strengths and weaknesses, and by emphasizing the good and downplaying the bad, you can take silence naysayers before they can get to the enter key. Here are some things to keep in mind when firing up the photo app on your Mobile.So if you wanna start capturing smartphone photos, get a pen and pad and prepare to take notes!

1. Use The Rule Of Thirds

Getting focus and exposure right is crucial in photography, but composition is equally important. Without good composition, your photo isn’t likely to be very eye-catching.The rule of thirds is one of the most useful composition techniques in photography. It’s an important concept to learn as it can be used in all types of photography to produce images which are more engaging and better balanced.The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, as shown below. You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet.

2. Be Ready

I always keep my phone in camera mode so that when I unlock it, it’s ready for taking pictures. A good moment is so easy to lose. There can be no excuses such as, “Oh, my phone is somewhere in my bag,” because we are talking about MOBILE photography. Your phone should always in hand.It may be an obvious thing to say, but nevertheless, you should remember to charge your phone and to keep your lens clean. I carry a charger with me most of the time to use if I’m having coffee in some nice cafe, but the charger won’t save me in the forest.
I also often switch my phone to airplane mode. Not only does it help save the phone’s battery, but it also eliminates distractions and forces you to focus on photography.

3. Keep Your Mobile Steady

Keeping your camera still is particularly important when taking photos in low light or at night. When you take a photo in these conditions, the Phone camera will need to use a slow shutter speed to allow more light to hit the sensor. The problem with this is that any movement of the camera will result in a blurred image.

When the photo is taken you won’t be touching the phone at all which means the camera will be perfectly still when you take the shot. This is taking things to extremes but could be useful in some very low light situations.

4. The Sunny 16 Rule

Let’s not forget that photography is all about using light. Even the most boring composition will be saved by the good light no matter if it’s a day or evening.The day light is always better. But best light condition are just after sunrise for 2 ours and just before sunset 2 hours. This perios is called as Golden Lights and photos are tend to come great.So keep that in mind.

5. Learn the Technical Peculiarities of Your Phone Camera

Find out the strong and weak sides of your phone. I know that my Phone isn’t good at night photography. The pictures are noisy and blurred. That’s why I try to use it only in the day time.Don’t be lazy, read the manual and make sure you’re using your phone in the most efficient circumstances. We may be self-confident and think that we know-it-all, but sometimes little tips in the manual can help us to improve our photos in a big way. Learn how you can control the exposure, or focus on the objects better.

6. Crop, Don't Zoom

I think this is the first step towards taking a bad smartphone picture. If you want to zoom in on something, use your legs and move! Don’t forget that this is just a phone, and its opportunities are not those of a DSLR lens. Unfortunately this is a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. In essence what happens with a digital zoom is that the image is cropped as you zoom in. This results in a noticeable loss in image quality the more you zoom in.If you want to take a photo of a far away subject, don’t use the zoom. Walk closer instead and use the camera as normal without any zoom. You’ll end up with a far better quality shot.Alternatively you can crop the image yourself in the editing process to bring the viewer closer to your subject. Cropping afterwards gives you more control over how much of the image you want to remove.

7. Use Leading Lines

Leading lines can be another very useful compositional tool. Using leading lines in a photo can help to focus the viewer’s eye on the main subject and lead the eye deeper into the image. It’s a simple technique that involves using vertical, horizontal or converging lines to focus attention on the subject of your image.n this example the converging lines of the railings on this diving platform in Salthill, Galway lead your eyes to the stairs that subsequently lead your view up to the figure silhouette against the sky.

8. Shoot From Different Perspectives

You should always look at alternative points of view when taking your photos at any location. Most beginners will take shots from a standing position, but the beauty of the Phone is that it’s so small and light it can be used in places that a bigger camera wouldn’t work.

ou should consider getting down low and shooting from ground level as in the example above. This technique is great for creating a unique view of your scene that people normally wouldn’t see from standing height.You could also try shooting from high up to get a bird’s eye view of your subject. In this example my son had just gotten his first hole-in-one in crazy golf. By shooting from directly above I was able to capture his happiness at his achievement while also showing the ball in the hole.

If I’d shot this from any other angle this wouldn’t have been possible. The advantage of digital photography is that you can take as many shots from as many different perspectives as you wish and then just delete the ones that didn’t work.

9. Create Sense of Depth

When photographing landscapes it really helps to create a sense of depth, in other words, make the viewer feel like they are therePlacing an object or person in the foreground helps give a sense of scale and emphasizes how far away the distance is. Use a tripod if possible, as a small aperture usually requires a slower shutter speed.

10. Use Simple Background

The simple approach is usually the best in digital photography, and you have to decide what needs to be in the shot, while not including anything that is a distraction. If possible, choose a plain background – in other words, neutral colors and simple patterns. You want the eye to be drawn to the focal point of the image rather than a patch of color or an odd building in the background. This is vital in a shot where the model is placed off center.

Single-option Poll, 1272 members voted
57.08% 726
37.66% 479
5.27% 67
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite53 Share

Rated by 93 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

sanjaychaudhri + 1 LIKE
joej6 + 1 Thanks!
+79149618381 + 1 <font><font>Фантастика!</
Beraed + 1 Awesome!
Abhie131180 + 1 Agreed!
deksudi + 5 Fantastic!
Ashubariya + 1 Great!
Smietana + 5 Awesome!
SoNik+ + 1 Great!
+79251491968 + 1 Здорово!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Muhtady + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Camip + 1 Great!
ligora + 1 <font><font>Спасибо!</fon
KRparijat + 1 Thanks!
kr341d + 1 Thanks!
tranbaduy + 1 Awesome!
buch70 + 1 Fantastic!
navasiedoo + 1 Great!
PrinceRohit + 2 Thanks!
Balaga + 1 Awesome!
dark:Knight + 1 Awesome!
Prince26712 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
kryterss + 1 Thanks!
ezsubby + 1 Awesome!
pctechnikos + 1 Fantastic!
dcevedo + 1 Great!

Experience +249  Prestige +26  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickMi NoteHappy New YearI Love 2016MIUI Drawing TalentMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI ItalyRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyDebate Master

18:25, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips, thank you for your work

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Sharing is Caring

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
555 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi TV 70Mi  BunnyMi Water PurifierMi Band 2Mi HomeMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterYeelight Bedside LampMi Power StripUnlock MedalMi VR HeadsetMi Selfie StickFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI 6Mi 4cRedmi 3SRedmi 2Redmi 1S1 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsOlympics MedalMIUI 300 WeeksSuper MondayMIUI 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsUEFA EURO MedalXiaomi 6th Anniversary800K Forum Members500K Forum Members600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayThanksgiving DayHilal Ramadan Happy DiwaliMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalDiwali MIUI Fan From SingaporeRocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017Happy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI Poland1900K Forum MembersMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI ItalyMid-Autumn FestivalMerry ChristmasMIUI Forum App1800K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Beta TeamApp TalentScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruApp TalentMIUI ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMi Story TellerMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfUpdates LoverTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMr. DependableInbox ZeroMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Master Of TechnologyHumor MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterMi TalentMIUI G+ Follower

18:26, Jan-10-2017
|
Thanks for sharing the tips

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:29, Jan-10-2017

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi Max
MIUI Version
Online time
50 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi Band 2MIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI 6MIUI 7I Love MIUIMi NoteMIUI 4th Anniversary1st AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 Weeks3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Forum AppHappy New YearHappy DiwaliSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Global Forum 2014

18:28, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips

Comment

prasadg83 thanks  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 2017Happy New Year

18:29, Jan-10-2017
|
i like tips, thank u

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

1700K Forum MembersHappy New YearGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruForum Contest Lover

18:40, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips..

MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MALMIDI
Online time
716 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Yi CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Air PurifierMi VR HeadsetMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi HomeUnlock MedalMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Notebook AirMi Power StripMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Water PurifierYi Action CameraMi  BunnyMi Selfie StickMi WiFiMi MIXI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowFlashholicMIUI 2016Mi 5s PlusRedmi NoteMi PadRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Mi 5sRedmi Note 4Mi 4SMi NoteMi Max Redmi 3SRedmi ProMi 5 ProMi 5Mi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionMi MIXMi Note ProMi Pad 2Mi Note 2Redmi Note 2Redmi 3Mi 4cRedmi 2Redmi Note 3Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love 2016Mid-Autumn Festival2100K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasThanksgiving DayDiwali Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy New YearRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Pokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Drawing Talent3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Live MedalSuper MondayFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday1800K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News TeamStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyStar MIUI News Team MemberDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalInbox ZeroMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi Story TellerMi TalentApp MasterHumor MasterApp TalentMIUI ExpertMIUI KingMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerApp TalentAndroid GuruApp Star

|
Awesome Thread
Yes, I take photos with my smartphone every day.       

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year

|
Great tips, I'll use them to take my pictures! Thanks very much!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI Lucky Friday

18:44, Jan-10-2017
|
I will try some like this

MIUI Photography Team

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
749 Hours
Send PM

Mi Water PurifierUnlock MedalMi BandMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power StripMi HomeYeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi HeadphonesYi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickMi WiFi Router MiniMi TV 70Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi VR HeadsetFlashholicFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 2016MarshmallowMIUI 7Redmi 3SMi 5s LaunchMi TVMi 5Redmi Note 3Redmi Note 2MIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI Poland800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 300 WeeksSuper MondayFan Of MIUI ItalyMi Live MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMalaysia AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From VietnamFan Of MIUI IndiaPokemon Master Medal1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayUEFA EURO MedalOlympics MedalMIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI Spain1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI World TourHappy New YearMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary2100K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalI Love 2016MIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From Singapore1500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Happy Valentine's Day1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Bulgaria1400K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Drawing TalentRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy DiwaliMIUI Monthly TalkDiwali Alpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Photography GuruInbox ZeroWallpaper StarYouth PledgeStar Of TechnologyAndroid GuruRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterApp TalentHumor MasterMi Story TellerMIUI KingStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverApp TalentMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI Follower

18:47, Jan-10-2017
|
Great tips and well explained...  Congrats

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list