Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
401 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi T-ShirtMi WiFi Router MiniYeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi RouterMi KeyMi BandMIUI 6MIUI 8Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2016MarshmallowRedmi 1SMi 4cMi 4iRedmi 2Mi NoteMi TVRedmi NoteMi PadMIUI Fan From VietnamHilal Ramadan MIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan from India700K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 2017Fan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Pokemon Master MedalDiwali MIUI 5th Anniversary2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from Turkey1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From Myanmar800K Forum MembersHappy New YearUEFA EURO MedalSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalIndustrious ReporterYouth PledgeMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableRingtone Star Android GuruInbox ZeroMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentHumor MasterMi Bunny Game Master Star MIUI News Team MemberOTA Feedback

[Mi Bunny Tips] [Mi Bunny Tips] 10 Must-Read Tips Before Taking Photos with Your Smartphone!

[ Promote]
25777 542 |
11:32, Jan-10-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.

Hello MIUIers,
A good photo is good photo no matter with what it was taken! Camera phones have some inherent strengths and weaknesses, and by emphasizing the good and downplaying the bad, you can take silence naysayers before they can get to the enter key. Here are some things to keep in mind when firing up the photo app on your Mobile.So if you wanna start capturing smartphone photos, get a pen and pad and prepare to take notes!

1. Use The Rule Of Thirds

Getting focus and exposure right is crucial in photography, but composition is equally important. Without good composition, your photo isn’t likely to be very eye-catching.The rule of thirds is one of the most useful composition techniques in photography. It’s an important concept to learn as it can be used in all types of photography to produce images which are more engaging and better balanced.The rule of thirds involves mentally dividing up your image using two horizontal lines and two vertical lines, as shown below. You then position the important elements in your scene along those lines, or at the points where they meet.

2. Be Ready

I always keep my phone in camera mode so that when I unlock it, it’s ready for taking pictures. A good moment is so easy to lose. There can be no excuses such as, “Oh, my phone is somewhere in my bag,” because we are talking about MOBILE photography. Your phone should always in hand.It may be an obvious thing to say, but nevertheless, you should remember to charge your phone and to keep your lens clean. I carry a charger with me most of the time to use if I’m having coffee in some nice cafe, but the charger won’t save me in the forest.
I also often switch my phone to airplane mode. Not only does it help save the phone’s battery, but it also eliminates distractions and forces you to focus on photography.

3. Keep Your Mobile Steady

Keeping your camera still is particularly important when taking photos in low light or at night. When you take a photo in these conditions, the Phone camera will need to use a slow shutter speed to allow more light to hit the sensor. The problem with this is that any movement of the camera will result in a blurred image.

When the photo is taken you won’t be touching the phone at all which means the camera will be perfectly still when you take the shot. This is taking things to extremes but could be useful in some very low light situations.

4. The Sunny 16 Rule

Let’s not forget that photography is all about using light. Even the most boring composition will be saved by the good light no matter if it’s a day or evening.The day light is always better. But best light condition are just after sunrise for 2 ours and just before sunset 2 hours. This perios is called as Golden Lights and photos are tend to come great.So keep that in mind.

5. Learn the Technical Peculiarities of Your Phone Camera

Find out the strong and weak sides of your phone. I know that my Phone isn’t good at night photography. The pictures are noisy and blurred. That’s why I try to use it only in the day time.Don’t be lazy, read the manual and make sure you’re using your phone in the most efficient circumstances. We may be self-confident and think that we know-it-all, but sometimes little tips in the manual can help us to improve our photos in a big way. Learn how you can control the exposure, or focus on the objects better.

6. Crop, Don't Zoom

I think this is the first step towards taking a bad smartphone picture. If you want to zoom in on something, use your legs and move! Don’t forget that this is just a phone, and its opportunities are not those of a DSLR lens. Unfortunately this is a digital zoom and not an optical zoom. In essence what happens with a digital zoom is that the image is cropped as you zoom in. This results in a noticeable loss in image quality the more you zoom in.If you want to take a photo of a far away subject, don’t use the zoom. Walk closer instead and use the camera as normal without any zoom. You’ll end up with a far better quality shot.Alternatively you can crop the image yourself in the editing process to bring the viewer closer to your subject. Cropping afterwards gives you more control over how much of the image you want to remove.

7. Use Leading Lines

Leading lines can be another very useful compositional tool. Using leading lines in a photo can help to focus the viewer’s eye on the main subject and lead the eye deeper into the image. It’s a simple technique that involves using vertical, horizontal or converging lines to focus attention on the subject of your image.n this example the converging lines of the railings on this diving platform in Salthill, Galway lead your eyes to the stairs that subsequently lead your view up to the figure silhouette against the sky.

8. Shoot From Different Perspectives

You should always look at alternative points of view when taking your photos at any location. Most beginners will take shots from a standing position, but the beauty of the Phone is that it’s so small and light it can be used in places that a bigger camera wouldn’t work.

ou should consider getting down low and shooting from ground level as in the example above. This technique is great for creating a unique view of your scene that people normally wouldn’t see from standing height.You could also try shooting from high up to get a bird’s eye view of your subject. In this example my son had just gotten his first hole-in-one in crazy golf. By shooting from directly above I was able to capture his happiness at his achievement while also showing the ball in the hole.

If I’d shot this from any other angle this wouldn’t have been possible. The advantage of digital photography is that you can take as many shots from as many different perspectives as you wish and then just delete the ones that didn’t work.

9. Create Sense of Depth

When photographing landscapes it really helps to create a sense of depth, in other words, make the viewer feel like they are therePlacing an object or person in the foreground helps give a sense of scale and emphasizes how far away the distance is. Use a tripod if possible, as a small aperture usually requires a slower shutter speed.

10. Use Simple Background

The simple approach is usually the best in digital photography, and you have to decide what needs to be in the shot, while not including anything that is a distraction. If possible, choose a plain background – in other words, neutral colors and simple patterns. You want the eye to be drawn to the focal point of the image rather than a patch of color or an odd building in the background. This is vital in a shot where the model is placed off center.

Source 3

Do you often take photos with your smartphone?

Single-option Poll, 1103 members voted
57.39% 633
37.44% 413
5.17% 57
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite35 Share

Rated by 90 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Beraed + 1 Awesome!
Abhie131180 + 1 Agreed!
deksudi + 5 Fantastic!
Ashubariya + 1 Great!
Smietana + 5 Awesome!
SoNik+ + 1 Great!
+79251491968 + 1 Здорово!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Muhtady + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Camip + 1 Great!
ligora + 1 <font><font>Спасибо!</fon
KRparijat + 1 Thanks!
kr341d + 1 Thanks!
tranbaduy + 1 Awesome!
buch70 + 1 Fantastic!
navasiedoo + 1 Great!
PrinceRohit + 2 Thanks!
Balaga + 1 Awesome!
dark:Knight + 1 Awesome!
Prince26712 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
kryterss + 1 Thanks!
ezsubby + 1 Awesome!
pctechnikos + 1 Fantastic!
dcevedo + 1 Great!
arturing29 + 1 Fantastic!
Ahad-Hossain + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Soultana + 1 Thanks!

Experience +246  Prestige +26  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
MIUI Version
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM

Mi NoteHappy New YearI Love 2016Merry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017Star Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:25, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips, thank you for your work

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Sharing is Caring

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.3.0.MALMIDI
Online time
515 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mi Power StripMi BandMi  BunnyMi Water PurifierMi WiFi RouterMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi HomeYeelight Bedside LampUnlock MedalFantastic!MIUI 2016MarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 2015Mi 4cRedmi 3SRedmi 2Redmi 1SMIUI 100 Million UsersHilal Ramadan Happy Valentine's DayMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 Weeks5 Million Forum PostsOlympics Medal3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI India800K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan from Malaysia700K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayMIUI 5th Anniversary500K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members600K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourMid-Autumn Festival1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Poland2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Happy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly Talk1 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersMi Live MedalDiwali 1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppHappy Diwali1700K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta team - IndiaApp TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterDebate MasterInbox ZeroUpdates LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMr. DependableAndroid ElfTechnology GuruApp TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Master Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

18:26, Jan-10-2017
|
Thanks for sharing the tips

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:29, Jan-10-2017

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi Max
MIUI Version
Online time
49 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Band 2Unlock MedalMIUI 2016MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 8Mi NoteThanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliMIUI Forum AppHappy Valentine's Day3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 4th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Lover Medal

18:28, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips

Comment

prasadg83 thanks  18:29, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 2017

18:29, Jan-10-2017
|
i like tips, thank u

Comment

prasadg83 u r welcome  18:30, Jan-10-2017

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

1700K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI Fan

18:40, Jan-10-2017
|
nice tips..

MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
V8.0.2.0.MXDMIDG
Online time
558 Hours
Send PM

Mi Notebook AirMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi BandMi VR HeadsetMi Yi CameraMi  BunnyMi Water PurifierMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power StripMi Air PurifierMi Power Bank 10000MAH MarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!FlashholicMi 5s PlusRedmi NoteMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi 5sRedmi ProRedmi 1SMi 4SMi Max Redmi 3SRedmi Note 4Redmi 3Mi Pad 2Mi 5Mi NoteRedmi Note 3Mi 5 ProMi 4cRedmi 2Mi Note ProRedmi Note 2Happy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali Fan Of MIUI IndiaMerry ChristmasI Love 2016Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshThanksgiving Day2100K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalMi Live MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 2017Happy New YearRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App Installs1700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Weekly Poll1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI World Tour1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Marathon MedalAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News TeamTechnology GuruApp StarMIUI KingMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertStar MIUI News Team MemberStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMi Story TellerMi TalentDebate MasterApp MasterMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid GuruApp TalentHumor MasterApp Talent

|
Awesome Thread
Yes, I take photos with my smartphone every day.       

Credits
Device
Redmi 4 Prime
MIUI Version
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
|
Great tips, I'll use them to take my pictures! Thanks very much!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.4.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Rooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App Installs

18:44, Jan-10-2017
|
I will try some like this

MIUI Photography Team

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
666 Hours
Send PM

Mi Water PurifierMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi  BunnyYeelight Bedside LampMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi Power StripMi HomeMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi BandI Love MIUIMIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 8MIUI 2016Awesome!MarshmallowFlashholicMi 5s LaunchMi TVRedmi Note 2Mi 5Redmi Note 3Redmi 3SMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Poland800K Forum MembersOlympics MedalFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Fan From NepalMid-Autumn Festival3 Million Forum App InstallsMalaysia AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshHilal Ramadan Pokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Marathon Medal2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From Singapore1900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyRooster Year of 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI Russia1800K Forum Members1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliDiwali Alpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Medals CollectorDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentYouth PledgeTechnology GuruMIUI Photography GuruInbox ZeroMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerApp TalentForum Contest LoverApp TalentMaster Of TechnologyWallpaper StarMi Story TellerRingtone Star MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI KingMIUI ExpertStar Of IconsHumor MasterAndroid GuruAndroid ElfMIUI FB Follower

18:47, Jan-10-2017
|
Great tips and well explained...  Congrats

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list