Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
V8.0.12.0.MAHCNDI
Online time
480 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yeelight Bedside LampMi Water PurifierMi HeadphonesMi  BunnyMarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 7Mi 5s PlusMi TVMi 5 ProMi 4cFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Greece2100K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From Indonesia1800K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From Nepal5 Million Forum PostsPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum Members1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ExpertMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerApp StarTechnology GuruMr. DependableMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfMi TalentForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterDebate MasterYouth PledgeInbox ZeroAndroid Guru

[Tech Wednesday] [Tech Wednesday] Mobile Data: Do You Think Unlimited Data Plans Are Worth It?

[ Promote]
9354 843 |
05:03, Jan-10-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 16:39, Jan-12-2017

Hello MIUIers,
Time for Tech Wednesday!
If you are here you probably know that Internet access requires a connectivity, which can be guaranteed by WiFi or Mobile Data connections. If you have not a WiFi connection, and you want to walk around the web wherever you are (well, more or less) you should need a data plan.Obviously, connectivity is also required for Instant messaging services, social networks, VoIP, emails, streaming services, etc. Without doubt there are people who don't need Internet access, or they are okay just with the WiFi connection at home, work place, or who knows where .

shutterstock_107001230.jpg

But what about people who need it? For them (depending on the place where they live) are available from service providers many data plans, which offer a various quantity of Megabytes (Mb) or Gygabites (Gb) for an established price, monthly.

Unlimited data plans give customers the freedom to go nuts on LTE data consumption. Some of these plans can give 10, 30, 100 Gb or even Unlimited plan, for a price that, in some cases, cannot be very affordable for the most. The price can vary, from 10-70 US dollars, on the average average (depends on many factors). Despite this, for who has to stay constantly connected with smartphone, these quantities could be considered a must: think about those who watch a lot of videos, download and upload a lot of files, but also to the ones who have not access to WiFi connection at home.

smartphone-kill-switch.jpg

But what's the appeal of unlimited data plans? It's like paying slightly more to have a buffet lunch instead of a slightly cheaper two-course meal. The unlimited data buffet is for those who generally have larger appetites and don't want to worry about running out of bytes.
"The majority of users don't really need unlimited data." -- Lynette Luna, Current Analysis

Do you really need it?  "It's a nice marketing tool because it gives customers comfort in knowing they won't go over (although they are throttled)," Luna said. "The majority of users don't really need unlimited data."

Do You Think Unlimited Data Plans Are Really Worth it?

What are your thoughts? Are you using unlimited data plans?

Source1
Source2

Pro side Yes they are, I need tons of Gb.
for me, unlimited is better. don't know when you will need this to download and upload the files.
More
RoboTrigger:
Of course unlimited data plans are better. It's not that I spend a ton...
AndrianJr:
yup, coz if i have 10GB data it's mean only for 1day haha
tothrobert191:
I would like unlimited data plan, because I use a lot
Subhajit007:
Yes we need
adobosz1@tlen.p:
I think unlimited data transfer is very good for me. I transfering a l...
santer79:
Super
alexendermagnus:
no dubt, yes
Onoderra:
yes i need it. easy to upload video to youtube :) and build my site ...
primer5:
Unlimited is always a better option when it come to internet connection.
fran1824:
I have 20GB and almost spend it{:3_48:}
Invisible_Mist:
I use near 50 GB monthly, that's I need unlim )))
Veggos:
Of course, there are people who take full advantage of it
Veggos:
cuecak:
yup,,, but in my country, unlimited data came with limited quota,, i m...
NastyGerm:
Yes I need it!
WawanAlysia:
{:7_240:}
hellen73:
yes!!!
GodDamned94:
Yes they are, I need tons of Gb.
RInzImpulse:
Hmm. . . if i had wifi in my house, i wouldn't need it. But, since I h...
nirav45:
thanks for sharing ...
nirav45:
i need unlimited data ...
Tech42:
i need it
YahyaClay:
Yeah I Need Unlimited Access Data
Nithin07:
Yes need it
Abhra:
unlimited is better. don't know when you will need this to download an...
bbrub:
DevSaha007:
yes, need more data for streaming
AveyBD:
Yes. Because we can access internet without being worried about data.
blazko:
Unlimited plan is a must these days. Depending on carrier (country) th...
1660097017:
Depending on how much to pay for it. Still, it's worth anyways )))
Con side No, they aren\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t. I do not need so much Gb.
i have wifi at both office and home, 1 Gb is enough for me per month for mobile data
More
perezdeoro:
not yet
pavlos0160:
It expects of the usage of every user and it depends on application too.
dmbardal:
No, because even if it's called "unlimited" - it does have a cap.
budisaja:
i do not need so much Gb.
LEAK.:
Usually 20gb max per month sometimes less on the phone, for spotify. And...
aprikot:
enough 1Gb
Kito89:
{:7_240:} aaaaeee
Kito89:
{:7_240:}
theo_basketball:
we need truly unlimited plans and affordable like the dsl plans, what they...
sten77:
unlimited cost to much for what if offer. probably between 2 and 5 gb is en...
CanavaZ:
Enough 2-3 GB per month...
Camip:
no need
Triow:
I have Wifi and 2 GB mobile data. It's enough. Real problem is quality sig...
manouale:
I have wifi at home, but 20 Go seems to be enough, not unlimited
Nikidroidmi:
No I don't. In Indonesia, the most operators use limit of use, the limit ex...
Pantoja2:
i never consumed more than 2 gb. i use wifi were is open. its true that it ...
sirlaki:
It would, of course, depend on the cost of the unlimited. I'm a heavy user,...
nani67:
i get 1gb 4g everyday, i don't need more than that
wayanbulian:
no need unlimited data,, wifi everywhere,, i got tons free data everyday.....
kraklups:
Nope because companies are for the profit so they need to move your ideas t...
fofiko:
we are surrounded by Wifi's, no need for unlimited plan's...
Pablozz81:
I'd rather choose wi-fi, no mobile data.
Kisa_sosisa:
About 10 Gb is enought
SylwiaG:
I'm against it just because I always find that THERE IS A LIMIT to my "unli...
Rondalupz:
the telcos or data service provider should improve first their service, it ...
RedMyEyes:
I'm think 3-7Gb is OK.
Geison_Bourne:
my data is unlimited
Soderberg:
I use my data very effectively, hence I do not need unlimited plans. You ca...
NicRim:
No. Dstatochno limited traffic
Xstos:
I don;t really need so much data, for me 10-12 GB are ok.

Favorite1 Share

Rated by 61 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Kito89 + 1 Great!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 3 Agreed!
nirav45 + 2 Great!
1660097017 + 1 Thanks!
krut.nik666 + 1 Fantastic!
Yamajale + 1 Great!
Camip + 1 Great!
toushik.J + 1 Awesome!
generalvin + 1 Great!
crazyindian + 2 Fantastic!
foxsaone + 1 Thanks!
nygyorgy2 + 1 Thanks!
unclelim + 1 Thanks!
Maggiewening + 1 Great!
SufiRidhwan + 5 Great!
yakubng + 1 Thanks!
BlenderGeek + 1 Fantastic!
ales82 + 5 Great!
arturing29 + 1 Fantastic!
Anonim_user + 1 Fantastic!
serdge + 1 Awesome!
SFH51 + 1 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
amal0007 + 5 Awesome!
15466112692 + 2 Fantastic!
1596225176 + 2 Great!
abhijitdevnath + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +190  Prestige +26  View Rating Log

I Shoot RAW

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
1034 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi TV 70Mi Power StripMi Band 2Mi VR HeadsetMi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotYeelight Bedside LampMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMarshmallowMIUI 8Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 2016FlashholicFantastic!Mi 5Mi 5s LaunchMIUI Marathon Medal1800K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI Russia1700K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Live MedalMIUI Forum AppOlympics Medal1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMid-Autumn FestivalSingapore BirthdayHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From IndonesiaI Love 2016MIUI Fan From Singapore1500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalHappy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI Italy1 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Pokemon Master MedalThanksgiving DayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky Friday1300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bulgaria5 Million Forum PostsSuper Monday1400K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Ringtone Star Star Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverInbox ZeroMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi Story TellerMi TalentDebate MasterHumor MasterMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI ExpertMIUI KingApp TalentMIUI FollowerApp TalentMr. DependableApp Star

11:51, Jan-11-2017
|
i have wifi at both office and home, 1 Gb is enough for me per month for mobile data

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.LXIMIDI
Online time
3861 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Power StripYeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi HomeMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi VR HeadsetMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi Bluetooth SpeakerAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 8Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Mi PadMi TVMi 4cRedmi Note 3Happy New YearMIUI Fan From Singapore2100K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasI Love 2016UEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Thanksgiving Day900K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI RussiaPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI Italy1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day1800K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy DiwaliMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Weekly PollOlympics MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Monthly TalkI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMi Bunny Game Master Mi Story TellerHumor MasterDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyMIUI G+ FollowerApp TalentMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertRingtone Star OTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterInbox ZeroMIUI Medals CollectorMaster Of TechnologyAndroid GuruTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

11:57, Jan-11-2017
|
for me, unlimited is better. don't know when you will need this to download and upload the files.

Owner of Redmi 1s, Redmi Note 4g, Mi 4i, Mi 4, Mi Metal Mousepad, Mi Band, Mi WiFi Nano Smart Router Youth Edition.

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
418 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi WiFi Router MiniMi KeyMi Band 2Mi HomeMi Selfie StickMi WiFi RouterMi VR HeadsetMi T-ShirtMIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI 6MarshmallowRedmi NoteMi TVRedmi 1SMi NoteMi 4cRedmi 2Mi PadMi 4iMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI India700K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly PollDiwali 1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1400K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI BulgariaMIUI World TourRooster Year of 2017MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017Happy New YearMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalMerry ChristmasGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI News TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanStar MIUI News Team MemberYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI FB FollowerRingtone Star Mi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableIndustrious ReporterAndroid GuruMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMi TalentUpdates LoverInbox ZeroHumor MasterMi Bunny Game Master OTA Feedback

11:03, Jan-11-2017
|
Yes we need unlimited plan...bigger the better

Super moderator

Updating...

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
1989 Hours
Send PM

Mi Air PurifierMi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi VR HeadsetMi Selfie StickMi BandMi WiFi Router MiniYeelight Bedside LampMi HomeUnlock MedalMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerYi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power BankMIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 2015MIUI 8Awesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicMarshmallowXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SMi PadMi 4iMi NoteRedmi 2Redmi Note 21 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From Brazil5 Million Forum Posts600K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary900K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI HalloweenThanksgiving DayMerry ChristmasFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaFan of MIUI MyanmarOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From Singapore2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy New YearMIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 300 WeeksMid-Autumn FestivalMi Live MedalMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI BangladeshPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalHappy Diwali1800K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million Users1400K Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMaster Of TechnologyAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMi Lover MedalOTA FeedbackTechnology GuruApp TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum App TalentMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroMIUI ExpertMr. DependableMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeUpdates LoverWallpaper ExpertHumor MasterRingtone Star

11:51, Jan-11-2017
|
In my country there is no true unlimited data, after like 5GB of data speed decreases and it's too slow!
Please use "Reply" button so I can get notification and reply faster.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM

Mi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2016Redmi 3SRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017I Love 2016Pokemon Master MedalMIUI World TourMerry ChristmasHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Weekly PollSuper MondayMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaAlpaca Mi Bunny Debate MasterTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals Collector

11:53, Jan-11-2017
|
Yes, the Unlimited Data Plans are definitely worth it except the speed after consuming some GB.
A user from INDIA who got Redmi 3s Prime.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
11:54, Jan-11-2017
|
I am limited to 5 Gig where I live however that is sufficient for me

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
13 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power StripMi Band 2Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicRedmi Note 2Happy New YearMerry Christmas3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From IndonesiaRooster Year of 20171800K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 2017I Love 2016Thanksgiving DayUEFA EURO MedalAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMi TalentMIUI KingDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfApp TalentApp TalentMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruInbox Zero

11:59, Jan-11-2017
|
no i don't use it

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016Mi 5Fan Of MIUI BangladeshDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of Technology

12:00, Jan-11-2017
|
Unlimited data plans are good because we use our smartphones a lot.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
130 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMarshmallowAwesome!Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2016I Love MIUIRedmi 3SRooster Year of 20171900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy New YearHappy DiwaliDiwali 1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI RussiaMi Live Medal1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI India1 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum App Installs1500K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerHumor MasterMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanApp StarInbox ZeroMi TalentDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest Lover

12:02, Jan-11-2017
|
Yes we need unlimited data with a minimum speed of 1Mbps

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list