Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
V8.0.12.0.MAHCNDI
Online time
403 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yeelight Bedside LampMi Water PurifierMi HeadphonesMi  BunnyMarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 7Mi 5s PlusMi TVMi 5 ProMi 4c1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Spain1800K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 6th Anniversary1700K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From Singapore2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From VietnamMIUI Fan From Nepal5 Million Forum PostsMerry ChristmasUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum MembersOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopStar Of IconsApp StarMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi TalentScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroAndroid GuruHumor MasterDebate MasterYouth PledgeMr. Dependable

[Tech Wednesday] [Tech Wednesday] Mobile Data: Do You Think Unlimited Data Plans Are Worth It?

[ Promote]
8716 841 |
05:03, Jan-10-2017
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Cabbage3 at 16:39, Jan-12-2017

Hello MIUIers,
Time for Tech Wednesday!
If you are here you probably know that Internet access requires a connectivity, which can be guaranteed by WiFi or Mobile Data connections. If you have not a WiFi connection, and you want to walk around the web wherever you are (well, more or less) you should need a data plan.Obviously, connectivity is also required for Instant messaging services, social networks, VoIP, emails, streaming services, etc. Without doubt there are people who don't need Internet access, or they are okay just with the WiFi connection at home, work place, or who knows where .

shutterstock_107001230.jpg

But what about people who need it? For them (depending on the place where they live) are available from service providers many data plans, which offer a various quantity of Megabytes (Mb) or Gygabites (Gb) for an established price, monthly.

Unlimited data plans give customers the freedom to go nuts on LTE data consumption. Some of these plans can give 10, 30, 100 Gb or even Unlimited plan, for a price that, in some cases, cannot be very affordable for the most. The price can vary, from 10-70 US dollars, on the average average (depends on many factors). Despite this, for who has to stay constantly connected with smartphone, these quantities could be considered a must: think about those who watch a lot of videos, download and upload a lot of files, but also to the ones who have not access to WiFi connection at home.

smartphone-kill-switch.jpg

But what's the appeal of unlimited data plans? It's like paying slightly more to have a buffet lunch instead of a slightly cheaper two-course meal. The unlimited data buffet is for those who generally have larger appetites and don't want to worry about running out of bytes.
"The majority of users don't really need unlimited data." -- Lynette Luna, Current Analysis

Do you really need it?  "It's a nice marketing tool because it gives customers comfort in knowing they won't go over (although they are throttled)," Luna said. "The majority of users don't really need unlimited data."

Do You Think Unlimited Data Plans Are Really Worth it?

What are your thoughts? Are you using unlimited data plans?

Source1
Source2

Pro side Yes they are, I need tons of Gb.
for me, unlimited is better. don't know when you will need this to download and upload the files.
More
RoboTrigger:
Of course unlimited data plans are better. It's not that I spend a ton...
AndrianJr:
yup, coz if i have 10GB data it's mean only for 1day haha
tothrobert191:
I would like unlimited data plan, because I use a lot
Subhajit007:
Yes we need
adobosz1@tlen.p:
I think unlimited data transfer is very good for me. I transfering a l...
santer79:
Super
alexendermagnus:
no dubt, yes
Onoderra:
yes i need it. easy to upload video to youtube :) and build my site ...
primer5:
Unlimited is always a better option when it come to internet connection.
fran1824:
I have 20GB and almost spend it{:3_48:}
Invisible_Mist:
I use near 50 GB monthly, that's I need unlim )))
Veggos:
Of course, there are people who take full advantage of it
Veggos:
cuecak:
yup,,, but in my country, unlimited data came with limited quota,, i m...
NastyGerm:
Yes I need it!
WawanAlysia:
{:7_240:}
hellen73:
yes!!!
GodDamned94:
Yes they are, I need tons of Gb.
RInzImpulse:
Hmm. . . if i had wifi in my house, i wouldn't need it. But, since I h...
nirav45:
thanks for sharing ...
nirav45:
i need unlimited data ...
Tech42:
i need it
YahyaClay:
Yeah I Need Unlimited Access Data
Nithin07:
Yes need it
Abhra:
unlimited is better. don't know when you will need this to download an...
bbrub:
DevSaha007:
yes, need more data for streaming
AveyBD:
Yes. Because we can access internet without being worried about data.
blazko:
Unlimited plan is a must these days. Depending on carrier (country) th...
1660097017:
Depending on how much to pay for it. Still, it's worth anyways )))
Con side No, they aren\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t. I do not need so much Gb.
i have wifi at both office and home, 1 Gb is enough for me per month for mobile data
More
perezdeoro:
not yet
pavlos0160:
It expects of the usage of every user and it depends on application too.
dmbardal:
No, because even if it's called "unlimited" - it does have a cap.
budisaja:
i do not need so much Gb.
LEAK.:
Usually 20gb max per month sometimes less on the phone, for spotify. And...
aprikot:
enough 1Gb
Kito89:
{:7_240:} aaaaeee
Kito89:
{:7_240:}
theo_basketball:
we need truly unlimited plans and affordable like the dsl plans, what they...
sten77:
unlimited cost to much for what if offer. probably between 2 and 5 gb is en...
CanavaZ:
Enough 2-3 GB per month...
Camip:
no need
Triow:
I have Wifi and 2 GB mobile data. It's enough. Real problem is quality sig...
manouale:
I have wifi at home, but 20 Go seems to be enough, not unlimited
Nikidroidmi:
No I don't. In Indonesia, the most operators use limit of use, the limit ex...
Pantoja2:
i never consumed more than 2 gb. i use wifi were is open. its true that it ...
sirlaki:
It would, of course, depend on the cost of the unlimited. I'm a heavy user,...
nani67:
i get 1gb 4g everyday, i don't need more than that
wayanbulian:
no need unlimited data,, wifi everywhere,, i got tons free data everyday.....
kraklups:
Nope because companies are for the profit so they need to move your ideas t...
fofiko:
we are surrounded by Wifi's, no need for unlimited plan's...
Pablozz81:
I'd rather choose wi-fi, no mobile data.
Kisa_sosisa:
About 10 Gb is enought
SylwiaG:
I'm against it just because I always find that THERE IS A LIMIT to my "unli...
Rondalupz:
the telcos or data service provider should improve first their service, it ...
RedMyEyes:
I'm think 3-7Gb is OK.
Geison_Bourne:
my data is unlimited
Soderberg:
I use my data very effectively, hence I do not need unlimited plans. You ca...
NicRim:
No. Dstatochno limited traffic
Xstos:
I don;t really need so much data, for me 10-12 GB are ok.

Favorite1 Share

Rated by 61 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Kito89 + 1 Great!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 3 Agreed!
nirav45 + 2 Great!
1660097017 + 1 Thanks!
krut.nik666 + 1 Fantastic!
Yamajale + 1 Great!
Camip + 1 Great!
toushik.J + 1 Awesome!
generalvin + 1 Great!
crazyindian + 2 Fantastic!
foxsaone + 1 Thanks!
nygyorgy2 + 1 Thanks!
unclelim + 1 Thanks!
Maggiewening + 1 Great!
SufiRidhwan + 5 Great!
yakubng + 1 Thanks!
BlenderGeek + 1 Fantastic!
ales82 + 5 Great!
arturing29 + 1 Fantastic!
Anonim_user + 1 Fantastic!
serdge + 1 Awesome!
SFH51 + 1 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
amal0007 + 5 Awesome!
15466112692 + 2 Fantastic!
1596225176 + 2 Great!
abhijitdevnath + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +190  Prestige +26  View Rating Log

I Shoot RAW

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
898 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripUnlock MedalMi TV 70Mi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi HomeMi WiFi Router MiniYeelight Bedside LampMi HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 7FlashholicFantastic!Mi 5Mi 5s LaunchFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI Russia1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalOlympics MedalMIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI BangladeshXiaomi 6th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from IndiaI Love 2016MIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan MIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureMi Live MedalThanksgiving Day1300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017UEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Turkey5 Million Forum PostsPokemon Master MedalSummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyTechnology GuruMIUI KingStar Of TechnologyApp StarMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertRingtone Star Debate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi Story TellerMi TalentInbox ZeroHumor MasterMIUI Medals CollectorApp TalentMIUI FollowerMr. DependableApp TalentMIUI Wallpaper Contest

11:51, Jan-11-2017
|
i have wifi at both office and home, 1 Gb is enough for me per month for mobile data

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
V8.1.5.0.LXIMIDI
Online time
3307 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Band 2Unlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMi TV 70Yeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi Power StripI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2015FlashholicFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 7Mi PadMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Redmi Note 3Mi 4c1 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy DiwaliUEFA EURO MedalXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeRooster Year of 2017Thanksgiving DayMIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum Members800K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersI Love 2016900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Forum AppMi Live MedalMid-Autumn Festival1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersDiwali 1800K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI HalloweenMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI World TourPokemon Master MedalMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI Fan From NepalFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI G+ FollowerForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruAndroid ElfMi Story TellerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI ExpertStar Of TechnologyApp TalentMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterInbox ZeroDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star

11:57, Jan-11-2017
|
for me, unlimited is better. don't know when you will need this to download and upload the files.

Owner of Redmi 1s, Redmi Note 4g, Mi 4i, Mi 4, Mi Metal Mousepad, Mi Band, Mi WiFi Nano Smart Router Youth Edition.

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
401 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi T-ShirtMi WiFi Router MiniYeelight Bedside LampMi  BunnyMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFi RouterMi KeyMi BandMIUI 6MIUI 8Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2016MarshmallowRedmi 1SMi 4cMi 4iRedmi 2Mi NoteMi TVRedmi NoteMi PadMIUI Fan From VietnamHilal Ramadan MIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan from India700K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 2017Fan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Pokemon Master MedalDiwali MIUI 5th Anniversary2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1800K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from Turkey1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From Myanmar800K Forum MembersHappy New YearUEFA EURO MedalSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalIndustrious ReporterYouth PledgeMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyMr. DependableRingtone Star Android GuruInbox ZeroMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentHumor MasterMi Bunny Game Master Star MIUI News Team MemberOTA Feedback

11:03, Jan-11-2017
|
Yes we need unlimited plan...bigger the better

Super moderator

Updating...

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
1864 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mi BandMijia Story TellerMi Air PurifierYeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi VR HeadsetMi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi HomeFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 6MIUI 7MIUI 8MIUI 2015MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicMi PadRedmi 2Mi 4iXiaomi Mi 4Mi NoteRedmi Note 2Redmi 1SFan of MIUI Myanmar1 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum App Installs900K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving Day600K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 6th Anniversary700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From Brazil500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryMerry Christmas1400K Forum MembersI Love 20161800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Weekly Poll2100K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI PolandFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI World Tour1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsHilal Ramadan Pokemon Master MedalMIUI 2017MIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from Turkey5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalOlympics MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan From NepalMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamApp TalentApp TalentAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackStar Of IconsForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyRingtone Star Mi Lover MedalUpdates LoverHumor MasterTechnology GuruWallpaper ExpertYouth PledgeMr. DependableMIUI FB FollowerMi TalentStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanInbox ZeroMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomDebate Master

11:51, Jan-11-2017
|
In my country there is no true unlimited data, after like 5GB of data speed decreases and it's too slow!
Please use "Reply" button so I can get notification and reply faster.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Redmi 3SMIUI 2017Pokemon Master MedalI Love 2016Merry ChristmasMIUI World TourHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Alpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid Elf

11:53, Jan-11-2017
|
Yes, the Unlimited Data Plans are definitely worth it except the speed after consuming some GB.
A user from INDIA who got Redmi 3s Prime.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
11:54, Jan-11-2017
|
I am limited to 5 Gig where I live however that is sufficient for me

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
11 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi Band 2Mi HomeMi Power StripMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 8Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016FlashholicRedmi Note 2Pokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From Indonesia3 Million Forum App Installs1800K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalHappy New YearRooster Year of 2017MIUI World TourMerry ChristmasThanksgiving DayI Love 2016UEFA EURO MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Mi Lover MedalMi TalentMIUI KingApp TalentApp TalentMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerForum Contest LoverInbox Zero

11:59, Jan-11-2017
|
no i don't use it

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016Mi 5Fan Of MIUI BangladeshDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of Technology

12:00, Jan-11-2017
|
Unlimited data plans are good because we use our smartphones a lot.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
MIUI Version
V8.1.1.0.MALMIDI
Online time
102 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMIUI 2016I Love MIUIMarshmallowFantastic!FlashholicAwesome!Redmi 3S1700K Forum Members1900K Forum Members3 Million Forum App Installs1800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy DiwaliHappy New YearMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI BangladeshDiwali MIUI Weekly PollI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI RussiaMi Live MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI India1500K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerHumor MasterMi Story TellerAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanApp StarInbox ZeroMi TalentDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest Lover

12:02, Jan-11-2017
|
Yes we need unlimited data with a minimum speed of 1Mbps

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list