Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
354 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi T-ShirtMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi ProRedmi NoteMi 5Redmi 2Mi Note ProMi PadRedmi Note 2RedmiMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversarySuper TuesdayMerry ChristmasThanksgiving Day900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 4th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaFan of MIUI MyanmarRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App90000 Forum MembersMIUI V5 Review3 Million Forum App Installs100k Forum MembersMIUI 20172100K Forum MembersSuper Thursday1900K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Alpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Weekly Devices QuizInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMi Story TellerAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerRingtone TalentScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMi TalentAndroid Guru

[Tips & Tutorials] Differences between Chinese and Global MIUI

[ Promote]
197420 213 |
18:33, Sep-19-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by magullo at 14:00, Sep-03-2015

IMPORTANT NOTICE: this article was written with a Redmi Note (dual sim, 3G version), so it may not be up to date, since everything was based on Miui v5. Many things still apply.

This article will try to help understand what are the differences between Chinese MIUI and its Global counterpart. Moving from one version to the other is quite easy, so here you could find the main differences between the two.
This page will not tell you how to switch, please go to the appropriate section for your device.

Why there are different MIUI versions?
Xiaomi has gone worldwide, and MIUI had to follow this path as well. In the early days of international miui, there were different local roms, but the idea is to have only two different ROMs, the Chinese and the Global. More info on different ROMs can be found here: http://en.miui.com/thread-28640-1-1.html
With time, started to appear more and more Global releases, for different devices. At the time of writing, this is the situation (for only Stable release, not including development, weekly release):
DeviceChineseGlobal
Mi4i
V6.6.4.0.LXICNCFV6.7.1.0.LXIMICF
Mi Note
V6.7.1.0.KXECNCFV6.6.8.0.KXEMICF
Mi Note Pro
V6.7.1.0.LXHCNCF
Redmi 2
V6.6.4.0.KHJCNCDV6.6.8.0.KHJMICF
Mi PadV6.6.6.0.KXFCNCDV6.6.5.0.KXFMICF
Mi4V6.7.1.0.KXDCNCFV6.6.4.0.KXDMICD
Redmi Note 3G
JHDCNBL42.0V6.6.2.0.KHDMICF
Redmi Note 4GV6.7.1.0.KHICNCHV6.6.3.0.KHIMICF
Mi3 TDV6.6.2.0.KXDCNCFV6.6.4.0.KXDMICF
Redmi 1s
V6.7.1.0.KHCMICF V6.6.2.0.KHCMICF
Redmi Note 2
V6.7.4.0.LHMCNCH
Table update on July 25th.

Up to today, only Redmi 1s, Redmi Note Enhanched and Mi3 have MIUI Global version. Note that for many devices there are also Local versions.

What are the differences between chinese and Global version?
Chinese and Global MIUI are essentially the same software, the only big difference being, of course, the language and some applications, including market.

Which laguages include Chinese version? And Global?
Chinese ROM ships with three languages, traditional and simplified Chinese, and English. The keyboard is Google Pinyin, the Chinese one.
5ec8832df566f300.jpg
pinyin.png pinyin2.png pinyin3.png
Global ROM contains many more languages, all the languages of the countries Xiaomi officially sells products: China, in both traditional and simplified version, English (US), Bahasa Indonesia, Bahase Melayu, English (UK), Tiéng Viét, Thai and so on. The keyboard is the standard Google one, with also Pinyin available. Note that in Chinese version Pinyin cannot be disabled, while in Global version it can be enabled.
161249jfunwq2tnnmnu6m4.png.thumb.jpg.png
unnamed.png english2.png

What are the the default applications in Chinese and Global version?
Chinese MIUI is preloaded with many Chinese applications, not only Xiaomi ones.
Xiaomi specific ones are Games, Mi Credit, Market and even Weather (which works abroad, but uses Chinese servers to give weather informations). Even default applications (Contacts, Mi Cloud...) have features targeted at Chinese market.
market.jpg Screenshot_2014-09-19-12-10-34.jpg
Global version misses all the Chinese applications, replaced by Google counter part: Playstore, Reader, Google+, Maps, Voice Search, Google Now, Newstand, Youtube. Even more, Xiaomi apps get a stripped version, removing for example "Directories" from Contacts app. Global version ships also with MiKey app by default, translated.
162938j036rafrgpxfp03x.png.thumb.jpg.png

Are there any UI differencies?
In general there are no differences, exept the one noted in the application comparison. Still, UI has a few minor differences with hardware buttons:
- long pressing Home button (the central one) on Global, brings Google Now, while Normal brings multitasking controls
- long pressing Settings button (the left one) on Global brings multitasking controls
This behaviuor can be changed anytime in Settings->Buttons.

This is it, if you have questions I could answer, feel free to ask, I could integrate this article with more things.

A big thanks to GR33dyBlackie and RickkYeZ95 for helping me with images and translations.
Favorite27 Share

Rated by 47 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Jessloh92 + 1 Thanks!
ArinFaraj + 1 Great!
Johnwcover + 1 Thanks!
mister.chang + 1 Great!
diazlaz13 + 1 Awesome!
HIMAL44625 + 1 Awesome!
ESSK + 1 Thanks!
CandyWahyudiana + 1 Thanks!
Mustazirul + 1 Agreed!
stanley3 + 1 Thanks!
EMZIXXORZ + 1 Thanks!
Tayam + 1 Great!
Peppy1974 + 1 Thanks!
dimadimin + 1 Thanks!
s4ss + 3 Agreed!
arkir14 + 1 Great!
Fuad23 + 1 Thanks!
SirRasor + 1 Great!
1625488765 + 1 Great!
smhjami + 1 Fantastic!
1596225176 + 1 Thanks!
moeztuerk + 2 Agreed!
4πu¶am + 1 Great!
--Henny-- + 1 Thanks for the helpful information
GR33dyBlackie + 10 + 3 Awesome!
armanke13 + 1 Agreed!
srspinto + 1 Great!

Experience +77  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

If I helped you, a simple thanks would be really appreciated. Pay me a soda.

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM
16:38, Jul-02-2015 | From PC
|
I think there is one more difference. I recently installed the global version, and the notifications when you drag from the top are on a gray wallpaper, on the china version the notifications were on a blured screen.
http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/Z ... 7/notifications.jpg[/img] . Do you have any ideea if this is available on global version ? I like it more . Thanks

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
354 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniUnlock MedalMi T-ShirtMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi ProRedmi NoteMi 5Redmi 2Mi Note ProMi PadRedmi Note 2RedmiMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversarySuper TuesdayMerry ChristmasThanksgiving Day900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI 4th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Valentine's DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaFan of MIUI MyanmarRocket to FutureFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Diwali1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App90000 Forum MembersMIUI V5 Review3 Million Forum App Installs100k Forum MembersMIUI 20172100K Forum MembersSuper Thursday1900K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Alpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Weekly Devices QuizInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalMIUI ExpertUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMi Story TellerAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerRingtone TalentScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMi TalentAndroid Guru

Author| 15:08, Sep-03-2015 | From PC
|
ShaanHaider replied at 2015-9-2 21:12
Since Global ROM is nearly 70% bigger than the Chinese one in size, does it affect the performance n ...

In general, since global ROM carries also all the Google services, you could probably notice higher memory usage. But I have to say that I could barely notice any slowness or worse performance.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

ShaanHaider + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Supreme Member

I love MIUI

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
2027 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi USB FanMi T-ShirtMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi HomeUnlock MedalMi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi WiFi RouterMi Notebook AirMijia Smart ShoesNinebot MiniNinety Degree LuggageYi Action CameraMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchMi  BunnyMi VRMi MIXMagic CubeMijia Qi CycleMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI 2015FlashholicFantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 6MIUI 8Mi 4cRedmi 34 Million Forum MembersMi 5Redmi Note 2Redmi Note 3Mi NoteRedmi NoteMi PadMi TVRedmiMi 3Redmi 2Mi Note ProMi 4iXiaomi Mi 41st Anniversary10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI France600K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India500K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySingapore Merlion Medal300K Forum MembersSuper FridayMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper TuesdayHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMi Live MedalSurge S1Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayAtaturk MourningDiwali Malaysia AnniversaryMIUI SMIUI Font LoverSuper SundayMIUI P2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollHappy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalSuper ThursdayPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from IndiaSuper SaturdayMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan Rocket to FutureWomen's Day MedalMIUI 2017MIUI 9Rooster Year of 2017Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Drawing TalentMIUI Forum App800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From Nepal1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarUEFA EURO Medal1300K Forum Members1400K Forum Members90000 Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsMIUI World TourMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics Medal3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayFan Of MIUI UkraineMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfInbox ZeroJuly 19 MyanmarDiscuss HereMIUI Halloween 201813 Million Forum MembersMIUI KingMIUI 8th AnniversaryStar Of TechnologyYouth PledgeStar WarsOreoNougat5 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsXiaomi 8th AnniversaryQuick SurveyMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseMost Popular Forum User9 Million Forum MembersBlack SharkMIUI SuperstarApp StarMIUI Quick DiscussionMi Story TellerRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI G+ Follower7 Million Forum MembersScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI Wallpaper ContestMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerUpdates Lover25 Million StrongMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMaster Of TechnologyDebate MasterHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Twitter FollowerTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruTheme TalentMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMr. DependableMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatRingtone TalentRingtone Star Star Of IconsMi Bunny Game Master Most Active MIUIerMIUI Medals Collector

19:25, Sep-19-2014 | From PC
|
Nicely explained. It will clear many queries here.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
Online time
103 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi PadRedmiXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From Singapore1st AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of IconsAndroid GuruHumor Master

23:40, Sep-19-2014 | From PC
|
thanks for the details

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
00:10, Oct-26-2014 | From PC
|
hey i bought redmi 1s from china!
and i live in india! there are some apps still in chinese as i changed its lang. to english, i guess my phone consists of chinese rom and there's no play store or google plus installed!
i need to know how can i replace this chinese rom with global rom? and will global rom consist of google services?
PLZZZ HELPPP!!!! :-(

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
354 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:25, Oct-27-2014 | From PC
|
kunald replied at 2014-10-25 17:10
hey i bought redmi 1s from china!
and i live in india! there are some apps still in chinese as i cha ...

You have to flash the global version: http://en.miui.com/thread-53231-1-1.html
Make a backup of your app, download the global rom and update.

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM
23:39, Nov-08-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for this detailed explanation. It helps me a lot.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
411 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi BoxMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyUnlock MedalMijia Qi CycleMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi BandMi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerAwesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 6FlashholicAnTuTuI Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7Redmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iRedmi 1SMi Note ProMi TVMi 3MIUI 50 Million UsersDiwali 300K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary1st Anniversary600K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 7th Anniversary500K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Singles' DayAtaturk MourningMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Forum App1400K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverOlympics Medal10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureMIUI 91800K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper SundayRooster Year of 2017Puzzle MasterSuper SaturdayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalMIUI 2017Merry Christmas800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 5th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta Team10 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI Fan25 Million StrongMost Active MIUIerMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsOreoAndroid GuruTheme TalentXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FB FollowerRingtone Star Wallpaper ExpertAndroid ElfOTA FeedbackMi TalentScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI G+ FollowerTechnology GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatInbox ZeroYouth PledgeRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest Lover

23:46, Nov-08-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for the update, its now crystal clear...
Proud Owner of Redmi Note 5 Pro and Mi A1 :)

Have lost Mi Mix 2 after using it for just 5 days :(
Waiting for Mi8

Do use the SEARCH feature before posting a new thread....

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3G
Online time
62 Hours
Send PM
00:37, Nov-12-2014 | From PC
|
thanks, very clear.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
Online time
316 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 6Mi 2Redmi Note 2Mi 4iRedmi 2Mi TVRedmi 1SRedmi 3RedmiMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Fan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeySuper MondayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 100 Million UsersSurge S1I Love 2016Mi Live MedalMIUI 7th Anniversary800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilRocket to FutureHilal Ramadan MIUI Font LoverGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Android ElfMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertDebate MasterMIUI Medals CollectorTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMi Lover MedalOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanSuper MIUI ThemeMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverTechnology GuruAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMi TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI Designer Team

01:12, Nov-12-2014 | From PC
|
thank you,,,

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
220 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi Router MiniMijia Smart ShoesMi  BunnyMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniMi HomeMi Power BankMi T-ShirtUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi BandMIUI 8I Love MIUIFantastic!AnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MarshmallowHappy Singles' DayMIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI Forum AppMIUI SSuper Friday2100K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI World TourMerry ChristmasMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Font LoverRocket to FutureMIUI 9MiPopAndroid ElfXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI 10MIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI SuperstarSurpriseBlack SharkApp StarTechnology GuruTheme TalentScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMost Active MIUIerMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerStar WarsNougatQuick SurveyOTA FeedbackForum Contest LoverStar Of TechnologyYouth PledgeMIUI Quick Discussion8 Million Forum MembersMi Talent

00:45, Dec-15-2014 | From PC
|
Good ,Informative , Highly appreciable

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list