Super moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
5254 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMi KeyMi Band 2Mi TV 70Unlock MedalMi HomeMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi HeadphonesNinebot MiniMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia VR Play 2Mi VRMijia Electric ScooterMi  BunnyMi Notebook AirMi Selfie StickMi Yi CameraMi BandMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Air PurifierMi Power StripMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi VR HeadsetMi Water PurifierYi Action CameraMijia Mi Bunny RobotMijia Story TellerMi MIXMi WiFiMijia Smart ShoesXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Walkie TalkieMi ScaleMijia Qi CycleMi Power BankNinety Degree LuggageMi WiFi RouterMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi BoxMi Kids WatchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!AnTuTuMIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 2016Fantastic!I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestMi 5s PlusRedmi NoteMi Note 2Redmi 3Mi 5sRedmi Note 44 Million Forum MembersMi TVRedmi 3SRedmi ProMi MIXMi PadRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Mi 4cRedmi Note 3Mi Note ProMi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi Pad 2 Win 10 EditionRedmi 1SMi 5 ProMi Max Mi 5Mi 4SMi Pad 2MIUI Marathon MedalXiaomi 6th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky Friday1700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan From SingaporeMerry ChristmasHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI RussiaMid-Autumn FestivalFan Of MIUI SpainFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI ItalyI Love 2016MIUI Fan From Indonesia2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Weekly PollThanksgiving Day1500K Forum MembersMi Live MedalMIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryDiwali MIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from India3500K Forum Members300K Forum Members90000 Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary2 Million Forum Members100k Forum MembersRingolicious MedalMIUI 20175 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalHappy Holi MedalSuper SaturdayMIUI Font LoverMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI PMIUI SAtaturk MourningMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Greece1st AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesCamera Filter Guru MedalSuper ThursdaySuper SundaySuper MondayHappy Valentine's DayRocket to FutureSuper FridaySurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Drawing TalentRooster Year of 2017Happy New YearMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from Turkey3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From NepalSuper TuesdaySuper Wednesday3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI FranceWomen's Day MedalPuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI News TeamXiaomi 8th AnniversaryQuick SurveyMIUI Tech SurveyHappy 201913 Million Forum MembersHeart to HeartDiscuss Here10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz8 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryDual CameraMIUI Halloween 2018SurpriseMIUI 10Silver Super ModeratorApp TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Popular Forum UserRingtone Star Scroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayMIUI G+ Follower2017 Annual AwardsStar Wars7 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMr. Dependable25 Million StrongRingtone ExpertMIUI Halloween 2017OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverDebate MasterApp MasterHumor MasterMi Lover MedalInbox ZeroForum Contest LoverMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruApp TalentTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyStar MIUI News Team MemberMIUI KingApp StarMIUI ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorMi A1

[Gaming] Puzzle-platformer Teslagrad is available on Android

[ Promote]
266 2 |
19:23, Nov-08-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by VikuBalupura at 08:12, Nov-09-2018

ap_resize.png

Hello MIUIers,

Teslagrad was announced for Android back in September. At the time it was only available on the Play Store for pre-registration, and a release date was unknown. As of today the indie 2D Metroidvania is available for purchase. You can snag a copy right now for $4.89, which is a 30% discount off the planned retail price.

If you are unfamiliar with Teslagrad, then let me fill you in. It is a fantastic indie Metroidvania game filled with plenty of puzzles and platforming. The hand-drawn art is gorgeous, and the steampunk story is enthralling, and it's all pulled off without any voicework or a single line of text. I find this allows you to focus on the gameplay instead of dealing with interruptions that can take you out of the fun.

Since this is a 2D platformer, many may be wondering how it controls on a touchscreen. I've spent over a week playing this on my GS8+, and I have to say they work pretty good, though there is a learning curve, and accuracy does take a hit. Still, they'll work well enough to get you through the entire game. Climbing quickly and accurately jumping from a standstill prove to be the most troubling areas for the controls, though it definitely gets better once you have spent some time learning their intricacies.

unnamed-4.jpg

One of the big draws, of course, is that this is indeed a premium release. The game is available at a single price point, and there are no advertisements or in-app purchases to muddy up the experience. Better yet, physical controllers are supported out of the box. I had no trouble using my trusty Logitech F310 connected over USB OTG, which proved to be a more familiar experience over using the touchscreen controls. The Shield TV is also listed as supported, though I've admittedly had trouble installing the game over the web-based Play Store. For now, I'll chalk that up to a release day issue.

unnamed-1-3.png

I know mobile gaming doesn't have the greatest reputation, and this last week especially hasn't been the best when it comes to quality games. EA is emptying wallets as much as possible with its new FIFA season, Ingress received a UI update that has angered fans, and of course Diablo Immortal had everyone twisted into knots over the weekend. But there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Teslagrad is a great port that can be played however you prefer, all without the regular distractions usually associated with mobile games. If you are a fan of Metroidvania titles or are merely looking for a quality puzzle-platformer, make sure to pick this up while it's still on sale.

Source

Favorite Share

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

Yaswanth_T + 5 Awesome!
HaseebChowdhury + 5 Great!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

MIUI News Team

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
341 Hours
Send PM

Ninety Degree LuggageAwesome!MIUI Happy MedalMerry ChristmasSuper MondayAlpaca Mi Bunny SurpriseMIUI Halloween 2018MIUI Weekly Devices Quiz13 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyHappy 2019MIUI Medals CollectorOreoMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI Fan6 Million Forum MembersMIUI 10Humor MasterMIUI Halloween 2017Mi DropHeart to HeartPOCO F1

00:18, Nov-09-2018 | From PC
|
Thanks for sharing

MIUI Beta Team - China

I love gadgets and playing gam

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
168 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Qi CycleXiaomi 6 LaunchMagic CubeMi Bluetooth SpeakerNinebot MiniMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi T-ShirtUnlock MedalMi MIXMi Power BankMi VRMi HomeMi HeadphonesMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia VR Play 2Mi Band 2Mi WiFi RouterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAnTuTuFantastic!Awesome!I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Mi 4iMi Max Redmi 4XRooster Year of 2017Super ThursdayMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper Saturday10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017Super TuesdayRocket to Future3500K Forum Members300K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI SMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Lucky Friday1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love 2016MIUI 5th Anniversary1st AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Ataturk MourningMIUI PWomen's Day MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper MondayPuzzle MasterMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMerry ChristmasAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewHumor MasterMIUI Halloween 2018Discuss HereMIUI 10Heart to Heart13 Million Forum Members8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Tech SurveyHappy 2019Dual Camera6 Million Forum MembersSurprise9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Quick Discussion10 Million Forum MembersMIUI 8th AnniversaryStar WarsXiaomi 8th AnniversaryBlack SharkMi TalentIndonesia Independence DayUpdates LoverMi Story Teller25 Million StrongIndia Independence DayMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI ExpertTheme TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMr. DependableMIUI Halloween 2017Master Of TechnologyRingtone ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Active MIUIerMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeDebate MasterAndroid ElfStar Of Technology2017 Annual AwardsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarMost Popular Forum UserMIUI KingScroll Of WisdomAndroid Guru

00:38, Nov-09-2018 | From Mi Max 2
|
not now
AndeeMcqueen

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list