MIUI Beta Team

[Tips & Tutorials] HOT Hidden Feature in 4.9.5 - Airplay Video

[ Promote]
6606 3 |
15:17, Sep-12-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
One of the new features in 4.9.5 is ability to stream audio to airplay speakers according to the changlog but did you know that the built in video player can actually stream video to your Apple TV?

I was playing some video last night and I noticed that I got a new green little icon in the bottom right corner of the player.  So I pushed the little icon and I got a list with Xiaomi and my AppleTV name.  I clicked on my AppleTV and to my BIG surprise, my video started to play on my AppleTV - Excellent quality too.  The connection was so fast, it was better than my iPad :-)  - I played a 2 hour movie without any problems.

So, it turns out that the new feature does not just include playing audio to airplay speakers, it actually stream video to your appletv.  The support is built in the Music and the Video players only - it is not a system wide support - You have to use the Miui Video player in your browser (UC Browser will allow you to choose) and you can now play any online video directly to your Apple TV.  ENJOY!!!!

This is amazing.  Thank you Dev Team.  This is a great feature.  Keep it up.

Favorite Share

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

theloneseeker + 2 Awesome!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
217 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi BoxMi KeyMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2015MIUI 6I Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!FlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 7Redmi NoteMi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 3RedmiMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Weekly Poll1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan Diwali Thanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Singles' DayAtaturk MourningAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackAndroid ElfPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Resources TeamMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatStar Of IconsUpdates LoverInbox ZeroMi Lover MedalRedmi Quiz MasterWallpaper ExpertYouth PledgeHumor MasterTechnology GuruMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanDebate Master

18:57, Sep-12-2014 | From PC
|
very useful!
Cheers
CosmicPaladin

Up up and fly away!

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
15:16, Oct-09-2014 | From PC
|
Hi Team, I accidentally got that option in one of the video and I was able to stream that video from Redmi 1S to my Apple TV. But after that airplay option is not showing up in any of the videos, could you please let me know the procedure to get that again?

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
43 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Beta Team

Author| 20:20, Oct-09-2014 | From PC
|
SugaSaro replied at 2014-10-9 15:16
Hi Team, I accidentally got that option in one of the video and I was able to stream that video from ...

The option is still there for me up to the latest weekly ROM 4.9.26 on Note 3 and Nexus 5.  Have you updated your ROM since? I have noticed that there is a new service that might be the new service app for airplay called uniplayer service.  Make sure you still have it.  The service only works with the built-in video player, nothing else. Make sure that you are on the same subnet as your AppleTV, Airplay does not route among different subnets.  Reboot your AppleTV might resolve the issue.  Mine still works using the built-in player.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list