Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM

[Discussion] Those with battery drain/overheating issues: Has the Google Duo Fix worked?

[ Promote]
2813 42 |
04:52, Oct-28-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by spoco2 at 09:01, Oct-28-2018

In a LOT of threads (here and Reddit, and other forums), like http://en.miui.com/thread-3207601-1-1.html there are a LOT of people with Note 4/4x who have had their phones just in the last week or two start getting extremely hot and burn through the battery very fast.

This is after these phones being excellent for battery life. I've been very, very happy with my Snapdragon Note 4X's battery life until now. It goes two days before having to charge it. It's wonderful. It's been my favourite phone of all time.

But now, I can't even use it. It gets so hot I worry that it's going to become permanently damaged. I've just requested unlock permission to try to put on an older ROM to see it it helps me, because I've run out of things to try.

I've tried:
* Turning off all updates, and rolling back the versions of Google Duo, Google Gboard and so on
* Tried V9.6.3.0.NCFMIFD, 9.6.5, and 8.10.25 (10 Global beta)
* Factory reset
* Let it go utterly flat (didn't even mean to, but it does allll the time)
* Wipe from recovery boot

It stays hot even when completely powered off!

What is going on?

And, are others having this problem to the same extent as me? I find it hard to believe others aren't seeing as a lot people all had it happen at the same time.

Not high CPU usage

Not high CPU usage

Look at those temperatures!!!

Look at those temperatures!!!

See! Completely drains when turned OFF

See! Completely drains when turned OFF

Single-option Poll, 79 members voted
30.38% 24
17.72% 14
51.90% 41
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite2 Share

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
28 Hours
Send PM
06:29, Oct-28-2018 | From PC
|
yea... I do the same as you do... ive tried wipe factory reset 2 times, and disable all google app except playstore and play servise.
until now chager is my best friend xD sory my english so bad.

Credits
Device
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM
07:29, Oct-28-2018 | From PC
|
Try uninstall updates for FILE MANAGER, APP VAULT, GOOGLE DUO. Then, disable the automatic upfate in Play Store and in System Apps.

Good luck

Credits
Device
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM
07:29, Oct-28-2018 | From PC
|
Eddie.leo replied at 2018-10-28 06:29
yea... I do the same as you do... ive tried wipe factory reset 2 times, and disable all google app e ...

Try uninstall updates for FILE MANAGER, APP VAULT, GOOGLE DUO. Then, disable the automatic upfate in Play Store and in System Apps.

Good luck

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
07:47, Oct-28-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Switch to non-miui rom....

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth HeadsetMIUI 9Rocket to FutureSuper SaturdayDie-hard MIUI Fan13 Million Forum MembersHappy 20196 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz7 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017

07:52, Oct-28-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
I had disabled Google Duo and other unwanted Google apps earlier and I am still happy with battery life (see screenshot).
Screenshot_2018-10-26-02-28-25-351_com.miui.securitycenter.png

RN 4 Snapdragon of course.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
08:00, Oct-28-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Eddie.leo replied at 2018-10-28 06:29
yea... I do the same as you do... ive tried wipe factory reset 2 times, and disable all google app e ...

I uninstalled and installed with older version, 9.5.3. no more  battery drain issue  but  sms message does not work.having error SQL exception. anyone having the issue, any solution ?

Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 08:59, Oct-28-2018 | From PC
|
Once I have waited the 72 hours required for the unlocking process, I'll try an older rom like 9.5.3, with a hope it fixes things. But I am worried that it along with rolling back file manager and other fixes won't work because it's happening during times when the phone is entirely off! Would this mean I need to be looking at a possible kernel change? Because I was of the opinion that the rom side of things will only affect it while it's powered on.

Having said that. Whatever happened that night (some update presumably) was unlikely a kernel update, so I guess if a software update caused it, then a software change could fix it?

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
09:02, Oct-28-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
that maybe problem from your network coverage, see your mobile network that's totally red. try to downgrade your network to lower class like H+ or Edge. I can't assume what's the current problem cause you're upload screenshot in different time and both of them isn't use any SIM card. but in your screenshot is show how bad your network coverage. and maybe that can cause from your battery that already not in good performance, cause of life cycle or anything else. I've same problem with heat issue to on latest MIUI Beta 10 Build 8.10.25, but isn't really annoy battery life with SOT.
Screenshot_2018-10-28-08-00-40-565_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Screenshot_2018-10-28-08-00-35-314_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 09:05, Oct-28-2018 | From PC
|
Nicklas373 replied at 2018-10-28 09:02
that maybe problem from your network coverage, see your mobile network that's totally red. try to do ...

I was doing that without any sim card in the phone. I've got my SIM card in another,old, phone at present because the Note 4X is utterly unusable due to the heat and battery issues.

When it has a SIM, it has excellent coverage, and that's never been an issue before.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list